IGNORED

Lady Lydia: Still Living in an Alternate Universe

danvillebelle

19 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Lydia has obviously never come across Prince Philip in his prime.

Agreed. At his best, Prince Philip saw a line and then didn't cross it, but triple-jumped it. And, Prince Charles is also on record for swearing in public. Happened ages ago, shortly after Diana died, I think. He was doing interviews and posing for pictures, and forgot that he had a microphone on. His honest views on the media were colourful.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

Agreed. At his best, Prince Philip saw a line and then didn't cross it, but triple-jumped it. And, Prince Charles is also on record for swearing in public. Happened ages ago, shortly after Diana died, I think. He was doing interviews and posing for pictures, and forgot that he had a microphone on. His honest views on the media were colourful.

If I'd been Prince Charles. I'd have sworn, too, after Diana was killed.  Media hounding helped kill his ex, the mother of his two boys.  I will never forget the look on little Harry's face (or William's either) walking behind their mother's coffin.  They looked as if their world had ended.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1

On 6/27/2019 at 7:19 PM, kittenesque said:

Longtime lurker, first time poster here. I'm totally late to this party, but have you ever read something and thought, "There's no  way this is real," but it slowly dawns on you that the other person is completely genuine? That's how I felt when while glancing through this blog.  And my mouth legit fell open when she started referring to herself as a minority who should "get something" because she was a Victorian, but hahaha, joking! (I don't think she was completely joking btw). 

Welcome!  I thought she was not real when I first started reading about her, on FJ when I joined several months back.  But she is real.  Real and really bad.  She will probably never change her opinions, and I agree that she is now saying that it's a joke when she knows she's crossed a line or thinks she has.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Briefly said:

Welcome!  I thought she was not real when I first started reading about her, on FJ when I joined several months back.  But she is real.  Real and really bad.  She will probably never change her opinions, and I agree that she is now saying that it's a joke when she knows she's crossed a line or thinks she has.

Briefly, I hate to tell you, but “several months back” in your case is nearly two years!?

• Haha 14

11 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Briefly, I hate to tell you, but “several months back” in your case is nearly two years!?

You know, I thought about that after I posted.  I remember sitting in my daughter's living room and we were discussing something that had been talked about on FJ at the time.  She moved out of that apartment a year and a half ago and that was well before she moved.  But I'm glad I'm here!  Even if I am time challenged.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Ok, Lady Lydia is making me nuts. She goes on and on as if life is a bowl of cherries. I'm living in cancer hell...I haven't showered in a week because he is so frail and prone to seizures that going to the bathroom is a crap-shoot...he went to get up, had a seizure and fell while I was on the toilet. My house is a wreck because I'm too fucking exhausted from not sleeping well to do a goddamn thing. 

I'm so sick of these bitches who think life is all la-de-dah, wonderful and just lovely. Come live in my world for one day. Just one day. 

• Love 25

• 2 months later...

Lady Lydia: If you're young, try to become an older woman.

Also Lydia: If you're young don't get old prematurely.

Her purpose is to dress pretty. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190917-232521.thumb.jpg.a284c884bd3e589c677354c8148473ab.jpg

Screenshot_20190917-232544.thumb.jpg.6506b6b9889de11e6deb039000a3aff2.jpg

• Upvote 9

I like putting myself together most days, but dressing “beautifully” (or more to my taste, in a way that brings confidence whatever that might look like from person to person) is in no way a life purpose. 

Edited by kittenesque
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Well, the cashier at Target did compliment me on my navy blue kurta yesterday.  I told him it wasn't that expensive and that I just threw it in a cold load and hung it to dry.   

I don't think even Kim Kardashsian West would say that her dress is her life purpose.  Maybe Gwyneth Paltrow though.   She did wonder recently about how women could go on living once they got old and "lost their looks".  Tell that to Iris Apfel, honey!

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 4

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Maybe Gwyneth Paltrow though.   She did wonder recently about how women could go on living once they got old and "lost their looks".  Tell that to Iris Apfel, honey!

Yikes. Do you have a link for that Gwyneth quote? (Attempting to google it leads to unfortunate clickbait about "celebrities who have lost their looks")

• Upvote 3

What happens to my identity as a woman?   Nothing; I still have it. Because there’s a lot more to me than surface appearance and sex. 

• I Agree 7
  • Love 6

What a gross thing to say, and a slap in the face to her mother, who has been and remains a lovely, vibrant woman and actress well into her 70's.  

Gwyneth is a twit.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

What a gross thing to say, and a slap in the face to her mother, who has been and remains a lovely, vibrant woman and actress well into her 70's.  

Gwyneth is a twit.

Yes!! I thought of her mother, who really is goals in terms of her looks. Such an attractive older lady (and I enjoyed her acting in the “Meet the...” movies)! 

GP seems like an odd person to me, with her vaginal jade egg exercises, the diets she said she imposes on her children and weird comments every now and then. Maybe she’s a bit tone-deaf... 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

@danvillebelle and @FluffySnowball,  I was thought of Blythe Danner right after I wrote my post.  Gwyneth just won the Gold Medal in the Shallow Olympics.  And thanks @AmazonGrace for finding that quote.  I think I might have read it in one of my daily emails from Vogue, but I wasn't sure and that email had been deleted anyway.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lydia wants you to read a fun book that tells you how to hygiene. It's never too late to learn!

Spoiler

I also read a little from one of the original publications of Christian Charm Course by Emily Hunter, which I had used when I was a teenager. It has been revised several times since "the olden days" and I noticed there is a new version, as you see here, however, you can still get good copies of the older versions on Ebay, Etsy, Thrift Books and other places. Although it says it is for young girls, I would suggest every woman of every age get a copy for themselves and take the course!

Give your girls a guide to growing up into charming Christian women! This workbook features traditional advice on posture, pleasant countenances, exercising & nutrition, hygiene, makeup, the best clothing for you, and other aspects of growing up. Information is given in short, fun-to-read paragraphs, and the end of each chapter relates to a scriptural truth. Questions are given at the end for the girls to answer and reflect upon. 80 pages, softcover. This student guide is designed to be used alongside the The New Christian Charm Course Teacher's Manual.

Her lipstick brand is Wet and Wild and this is not to her liking.

And then a little nutritional advice from our favorite neighborhood chemist. She's upset that they put ethanol in alcohol now.  Back in the good old days there was no ethanol in alcohol.

Spoiler

kuva.png.9c951748b184cac82ee17f998da72c00.png

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Haha 16
  • Thank You 2

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:25 AM, danvillebelle said:

Gwyneth is a twit.

I think Gwen is a bit crazy, BUT I think here she is commenting on how Hollywood sees older women. She's not saying that for herself and other women, though I imagine it's hard not to internalize some of that rhetoric when you here it day in and out.

Edited by Blessings of the Corn
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

If you're a girl, please don't worry your pretty little head with the politics of the world, leave it to the penises.

Spoiler

I'm getting further into the "deep state" of my house, and finding old treasures and getting rid of some things that don't work any more so I hope soon to see the walls again (that's a joke).  If I can get rid of the old curtains and carpet in one last room I will have "drained the swamp".

Don't worry about politics of the world, ladies. Just make sure you get your own house in order. It is nice that Americans especially are very informed about their government and keeps it accountable. There is a website you can go to to see the President's daily schedule and a report of when he arrives here or there and who he talked to, and what events he  attends. 

• Upvote 6

@AmazonGrace,  I'd say that way too many Americans are pretty damn ignorant of the state of the Nation.  LL comes immediately to mind.  Just knowing the Tangerine Toddler's schedule is NOT enough.  You need to know who he's selling out our country to.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Less than a minute into the video: "I decided to do a video for you that you can listen to and you wouldn't have to watch because I'm not going to show you anything so there's no reason just to look at me"... (goes on to talk about her dress)

1:24 into the video: "I thought I had shown you every teacup and I just discovered that I have a couple more that you haven't seen yet, and I just happen to have this one that matches so beautifully this lovely dress.." (shows teacup)

4:20: Explains that you're making a big mistake if you put your finger inside the handle of the teacup   (shows you how you need to hold it so you escape death and fatal injury).

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 3

Sometimes I feel bad about mocking these videos because the dear old ladies who need Lydia's advice about how to hold a teacup must find their lives a sad trial on a daily basis.

Or maybe not.

kuva.png

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

I looked at the positioning of the tilted picture, cabinet and sconce, and all I could think was "Frou frou faux-Victorian meets Cabinet of Dr. Caligari."

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.012814456cc47f8e18dbbd01618dbf88.png

image.png.ac38dc3fc8911423af3bb15c0ef6455c.png

Lydia, I wouldn't criticize, if you weren't setting yourself up as an authority on good taste, visually and in speech, then babbling in run-on clauses with no organization, and about shallow trivia, in a cramped and awkward corner.

The cabinet, though nice, seems very unlike your usual style. And it looks like it was recently made - aren't you against modern furniture, as you are with modern clothes and store-bought bread?

Lydia, I'm pretty sure I'm older than you, live in a house completely furnished in antiques, and I don't think I've referred to "the olden days" in my entire life as you have in this one video.

• Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

...visually and in speech, then babbling in run-on clauses with no organization, and about shallow trivia, in a cramped and awkward corner.

I only watched 30 seconds, during which she used "and" at least four times to create a single giant run-on "sentence". Bless her heart! :changing_color_heart:

• Upvote 5