IGNORED

Lady Lydia: Still Living in an Alternate Universe

danvillebelle

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Lydia, I'm pretty sure I'm older than you, live in a house completely furnished in antiques, and I don't think I've referred to "the olden days" in my entire life as you have in this one video.

Quoting myself because it's too late to edit. Irony abounds - my last sentence didn't make sense. That's what I get, I guess - the Lord is punishing me.

I meant:

Lydia, I'm pretty sure I'm older than you, live in a house completely furnished in antiques, and I don't think I've referred to "the olden days" in my entire life as many times as you have in this one video.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is very useful if you tend to get lost in your own mansion but if you need a sign to find your own truck you probably shouldn't be driving it.

Spoiler

kuva.png.04979004370bef6896c7220491bd5748.pngkuva.png.ea259b8845b9d2734fa999d40dc11bf6.png

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 12

11 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

This is very useful if you tend to get lost in your own mansion but if you need a sign to find your own truck you probably shouldn't be driving it.

NGL, I had to do a double take on the "Truck" sign. Font choices people!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

• 4 months later...

Lydia is protected from the coronavirus because she drinks a hell of a lot of tea.

Hello Ladies,

Get out your tea things and drink hot tea, all day, whenever possible. Hot liquids flush out impurities and yes, viruses, from your body.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Lydia is protected from the coronavirus because she drinks a hell of a lot of tea.

Ok, Lyd; so all these thousands of people are dead because they didn’t drink enough hot tea.  If only WHO and the CDC could have figured that out.  

The arrogance behind these kinds of statements is astounding.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Get out your tea things and drink hot tea, all day, whenever possible. Hot liquids flush out impurities and yes, viruses, from your body.

What exactly does she think the British drink all day!! Even Boris hasn't tried to suggest this....

• Upvote 13

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 4:48 PM, catlady said:

Ok, Lyd; so all these thousands of people are dead because they didn’t drink enough hot tea.  If only WHO and the CDC could have figured that out.  

Her "Housewife Radio" Youtube video from two days ago goes on and on in a rant about

• the deep state (of which, apparently, Walter Cronkite is a part),
  • how the Magna Carta (yes, the Magna Carta) was written during the time of the Mayflower (yes, you read that right) and makes it illegal to stop people from doing business,
  • how she goes to the Dollar Tree to buy (read: useless) items,
  • how when the "propaganda" plays over the speaker at the store to (I'm guessing) remind people to practice social distancing, people just talk louder to ignore it,
  • and how they are still meeting for church, and are going to have a potluck (!)...

If it wasn't so sad and irresponsible, I'd laugh about her delusions, but she could really be hurting people.

(Also, she called out the 'trolls' in her video, so I know she's watching. Hi Lydia! Stay the #$%@ home, like you are constantly telling all us married wimmens to do, huh?)

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 3

Well I drink hot tea by the gallon, and I'm healthy so far, so clearly everything she says is true.

Her entire county, which is has a third more population than mine, has confirmed 33 cases so far. We have around 225, for comparison. So probably it's easier for her to stay in la la land. No doubt being a bit crazy helps, too. We're not in one of the real hot spots--unlike my daughter who lives in Seattle and works with teenagers--but it's still pretty hard not to be aware this is serious.

• Upvote 8

On 3/29/2020 at 5:10 PM, Insertwittiernamehere said:

What exactly does she think the British drink all day!! Even Boris hasn't tried to suggest this....

LOL, that reminds me of this tweet:

1381236906_Screenshot_2020-04-12RobynPennacchiaonTwitterImsorrybutIdonotunderstandhowpeoplearelookingatItalybeing....png.bfea5e74ffc94d534a8d8324e29d35b6.png

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

LOL, that reminds me of this tweet:

1381236906_Screenshot_2020-04-12RobynPennacchiaonTwitterImsorrybutIdonotunderstandhowpeoplearelookingatItalybeing....png.bfea5e74ffc94d534a8d8324e29d35b6.png

Reminds me of this :D

81232276_10157983951331543_8232923333964857344_n.jpg

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

sometimes I'm jealous of people like her.  what an insulated little world where everything is like a still life painting!  alas, I work in urgent care where it's s crap shoot every time someone opens the door.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 9

I liked this post that hits several highlights at once:

The Thinking Housewife who doesn't believe in face masks because they have not been used before (really, ever been in surgery?) , Ron Paul (who just wanted to get Fauci fired), being such a great reader but somehow she knows better without any evidence, posting paintings without attribution...

Spoiler

Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone is able to focus on the tasks at home, on teaching and nurturing children, on being a light and a stable influence at home and anywhere else.

As I rarely discuss politics or the news here, I would like to point you all to the Thinking Housewife site where she has for several pages posted about the current crisis, which has a lot to do with fear. As I have talked a lot about the debilitating effect of fear on recent videos, I thought some of you can benefit from this.  It is not for the faint hearted but it offers an alternative to the media hype. So please click on the title in the large blue script and go to it. At the end of each of her pages there is an "older entries" button. Please keep reading when you have time, all of her older entries on this subject.

Also go to the newest Ron Paul Video. (click the words)

Because I like the Victorian era, a lot of people have jumped to wrong conclusions, one being that I don't believe in reading or education. That is entirely untrue. I educated my own children all through highschool and I have thousands of books to prove it.  I do read "the other side"'s  news media just to see what they are up to, but I do not believe in it.

Please check out this BRILLIANT POST here by someone who was raised right ?

I will be trying to find the names of the artists and the names of the paintings later on. Until then, I thought you might enjoy Thinking Housewife. in these uncertain times.

If you are more interested in research, check out The Amazing Polly

In a new video I plan to discuss how to make life "certain" when the world says that it is "uncertain."

In a

• Upvote 2

On 4/13/2020 at 2:18 PM, AmazonGrace said:

I liked this post that hits several highlights at once:

The Thinking Housewife who doesn't believe in face masks because they have not been used before (really, ever been in surgery?) , Ron Paul (who just wanted to get Fauci fired), being such a great reader but somehow she knows better without any evidence, posting paintings without attribution...

Hide contents

Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone is able to focus on the tasks at home, on teaching and nurturing children, on being a light and a stable influence at home and anywhere else.

As I rarely discuss politics or the news here, I would like to point you all to the Thinking Housewife site where she has for several pages posted about the current crisis, which has a lot to do with fear. As I have talked a lot about the debilitating effect of fear on recent videos, I thought some of you can benefit from this.  It is not for the faint hearted but it offers an alternative to the media hype. So please click on the title in the large blue script and go to it. At the end of each of her pages there is an "older entries" button. Please keep reading when you have time, all of her older entries on this subject.

Also go to the newest Ron Paul Video. (click the words)

Because I like the Victorian era, a lot of people have jumped to wrong conclusions, one being that I don't believe in reading or education. That is entirely untrue. I educated my own children all through highschool and I have thousands of books to prove it.  I do read "the other side"'s  news media just to see what they are up to, but I do not believe in it.

Please check out this BRILLIANT POST here by someone who was raised right ?

I will be trying to find the names of the artists and the names of the paintings later on. Until then, I thought you might enjoy Thinking Housewife. in these uncertain times.

If you are more interested in research, check out The Amazing Polly

In a new video I plan to discuss how to make life "certain" when the world says that it is "uncertain."

In a

Thinking housewife my ?

Just imagine Elizabeth Bennet were a real person meeting Lady Lydia. I can only imagine the sharp comments and sarcastic jabs she’d dish out. Oh, to be a fly  on such a lovely (and sadly fictional) wall! 

• Upvote 2

@AmazonGrace I love how she has to tell her readers how to identify and use links. I guess it’s their first day on the Internet. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

• 1 month later...

I decided to swing by to see what Lydia had been up to and her latest post (dated June 17) is amazing. She says:

Someone recently told me of an survey she took of a department store in her area, to see if she could supply a home with everything it needed. She was in fact, looking for wedding gifts to help the couple establish their new home and feel settled. She spoke of how the market caters to home life, and  listed a number of things that were available in large supply:

Cookbooks 

cookware

dishware and cutlery

bakeware

bedding

kitchen supplies

bathroom supplies
Home office supplies

garden and yard furniture

indoor furniture (beds, tables, chairs, living room couches and chairs, rugs, cushions)

heaters, cooling fans, electric fireplace, 

lamps and lighting

wall hangings and pictures

house paint

electric and plumbing supplies 

camping equipment

hardware, some building tools

vehicle supplies, motor oil, etc. 

bicycles
A vast fresh produce and grocery department on one side of the store.
Summer and winter clothing, hats, umbrellas, handbags, etc.Children and baby clothes and baby supplies: beds, strollers, etc.

The travel equipment to fully stock your vehicle was abundantly available, as well as travel magazines, books.

She concluded that these shops in her small town could supply nearly everything needed for a home.

She even spotted some basic school books for learning at home: reading, writing science, art supplies,  instructional videos and others.

Is it just me, or is Lady Lydia surprised that stores have stuff we need? What is her point?

Last sentences say:

I can remember when this was not as easy even in normal times.  Everything had to be ordered by catalog, including your cook stove and fridge.

What year is she living in that department stores and home goods stores are surprising?

And the comments...

Good Day, Lydia, I was so inspired and encouraged while reading this post! We truly were created to be home as husband and wife and the heart of the home! Creating a safe, glorious home, filled with all the amenities!

Yay consumerism!!! But it's so funny that when we were told to stay home to slow a pandemic, it was time to go OUT SHOPPING and ignore health regulations according to Lady Lydia.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

Was her friend describing Walmart, because that sounds like Walmart. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

Dear Lady Lydia,

The Sears catalog stopped being published in 1993. Where have you shopped for the last 27 years? Will it be 27 more years before you explain to your readers how to push the "buy now" button on Amazon to purchase umbrellas and camping gear? Will they be feminine enough? Can you buy the notions to feminize them there also? Have you not noticed the lack of a Sears catalog because you're using old dust ruffles in the outhouse instead?  

Am I the only one who imagines that her book collection looks like the photos from the old Robinson curriculum ads - all Horatio Alger books?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Was her friend describing Walmart, because that sounds like Walmart. 

Not once have I ever been in a Walmart (I’m not American) and still, that was my first guess, too. 

While it’s great to have a go-to shop for most needs, actually carefully selecting what one wants, which style to go for, etc. requires people to seek out a variety of different stores. Getting everything from my sofa to my cooking supplies and my pantries  from one and the same supermarket seems a little limited choice-wise IMO. 

• Upvote 3

Lady Lydia, a blast from the past! I used to love her articles on Ladies Against Feminism. If I had known some of her weird, crazy views, maybe I'd had realize it was all a sham much earlier! 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Lady Lydia- Now With Homework!

She thinks you get carbon monoxide poisoning from wearing a mask and is giving us homework assignments now. Most of them involve drinking tea and either avoiding reality or replacing it with a better, imaginary reality.

Refinement Assignment:

Try a new tea.

Spend more time getting ready before you begin your day.

In your notebook write these verses: Psalms 37:4-8 

Food presentation

Listen to this song until you can sing along: (=God on the mountain)

Here is your refinement class assignment:

Go early to the stores.

Don't debate anyone, just show them by doing what you do.

Prepare a place in your home, even if everything else is not so neat and tidy.

Get a tea cup from Home Goods (or use your best)

Sit and partake of tea while looking through a publication that inspires you.

Send a card or letter to someone.

Pray for your family members individually.

Clean the kitchen, do the laundry, make sure the bathroom is clean and sanitary.

Practice alternative thinking to the gloomy reports.

2nd Corinthians 4:8-10 written in your notebook.

Lady Lydia, Now With A Quiz:

Spoiler

Here is your Refinement Assignment to write in your little book:

1. Verse of the week is from Matthew chapter 7, verses 7-11:
        "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find, knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives, and the seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened."

Also:

"Whatever you wish others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12-14

2.  From the third verse of the song, "America the Beautiful," write these words and explain the meaning as best you can:

"May God thy gold refine

Til all success be nobleness,

And every gain divine."

3.What is "good citizenship?" Love your neighbor as yourself, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Care and concern for your family.

4. Practice conversation skill with a one or two minute verbal exchange that is pleasant, not talking about the current media reports.

5. Teacher wants you to recline in a chair for an hour and watch "Love Comes Softly,"  looking for elements of learning and refinement.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4916domzMU&t=2789s  (note: not for children (due to loss, some  mishaps, some tension. Still is a delightful movie, but that's life, isn't it).

6. Use your preparation-for-the-day (getting dressed, ready) as part of your down time to relax, avoiding listening to media reports. 

Spoiler

Refinement Assignment:

Enjoy a Scented Walk

For an entire day, say nothing about the current events.

Write what scene (in the house or yard) you would like to wake up to, that you can actually make possible. Go through some magazines that have some homey scenes of beautiful rooms and get some ideas to use.  I like Victoria and Victoria Classics publications.

Listen to the song several times throughout a day, until you can sing along.

How would she even know that current events are so distressing if she avoided the news and discussions about current events herself?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

• 5 weeks later...

Apparently there are many women who are frustrated when they have to be away from home for hours.

Many women who have been home keepers all their lives have expressed the frustration of being unable to completely stay home and concentrate on the many things that just never get done. Because of the many things necessary to help the function of home life, we often must be "somewhere else" and are often away from home for hours. 

Although in our area we are out and about and everything is open, I have found alternatives to going out,(ordering, sending others in the family out for me) so that I can finally get some things done that I've been agonizing over for years: using up my fabric, painting walls, exercising, cooking classes, sorting through old things, getting books in order, learning something new, etc.

I also never had time to take courses and develop skills and knowledge of things that interest me. Not going out so much has given me the opportunity to take advantage of these online tutorials on subjects I've always wanted to know more about.

• Upvote 4

It's odd that she says she hasn't had time to do the things she really wants to do until now.  I've always been under the impression that she had too much time on her hands.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3