IGNORED

Trump 36: We Shall Overcome

Destiny

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

He said that they had been discussing how to prevent forest fires on the drive over and I bet all those people are ready to kill him after attempting to explain basic stuff while he rambles. None of those people look like they would have fawned over Trump on the drive in so he is almost certainly not happy. He probably expected to be praised for showing up and they didn't do it. He looks mad. 

I imagine his presence was not well received. I mean, paradise is in the republican part of California, but I'm guessing they had to drive through the democratic parts to get there.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little snark from the wonderful Alexandra Petri: "New rules for keeping your press credential to the Trump White House"

Spoiler

Dear press corps,

This hurts us more than it hurts you.

Frankly, it is shocking and appalling to us that you are a group full of such wild, ruthless maniacs as Jim Acosta, who cannot be restrained from further heinous and unthinkable acts except with these explicit guidelines, which it pains us, so, so deeply to inflict upon you.

Really, we would like nothing better than to sit here and answer, in painful — nay, excruciating — detail as many questions as you could possibly throw our way for hours and hours until we were spent, but you have forced our hand. We are so, so bitterly disappointed. In you. You should feel bad. The First Amendment weeps when it sees you, daring to invoke it to ask QUESTIONS of the PRESIDENT. Your president! Have you no decency?

We are stunned that the common, recognized decorum — that sacred tradition passed down from John Peter Zenger to Ida Wells, observed as long as press have been holding power to account(ish) — of never attempting to ask a follow-up question that bothered an administration official has not been observed. Well, it is time we codified that long unstated rule and its many siblings:

1. This administration is very stressed. Please respect our privacy during this difficult time by maintaining a respectful silence until the briefing has concluded.
  2. You may ask as many questions as you like provided you are not physically in the White House briefing room where your questions can be heard.
  3. An example of a good question is “Why doesn’t the media ever talk about all the good things this administration is doing?” or (furious applause, building in a crescendo until the conference is over).
  4. If you are in the room, you may ask only one question, then must yield the floor. NO, YOU WERE NOT FAST ENOUGH IN YIELDING! BANNED!
  5. You are free to ask a follow-up question provided you whisper it quietly to your neighbor and do not expect it to be answered.
  6. It is the official position of the Trump White House that the truth is fundamentally unknowable and may change at any time, and we expect the press to respect that.
  7. Valid, completely satisfactory answers to questions include: “I have no information on that at this time,” “I will have to get back to you on that,” “The president does not feel that and is in fact insulted you would insinuate such a thing,” and “I am frankly offended you would ask such a question, and you ought to be ashamed, ashamed, sir, ashamed.” Also: pretending not to hear the question, or starting to tear up.
  8. You are free to ask as many questions as you wish if you work for a reputable and trustworthy publication such as Lifezette.
  9. If the president says something bad about a member of the media, that needs to be the only thing discussed on cable television for the next 24 hours, no matter what else is happening. We are aware that this sometimes happens, but there are times when this doesn’t happen because there is so-called news going on, and we need to nip that in the bud!
  10. “Hard pass” describes how Sarah Sanders will respond to your question.
  11. Stupid questions include: any question about White House ethics violations; any question about White House personnel; any question about administration policies; any question about things the president or his administration is saying, thinking or doing; and any question posed by Abby Phillip, Yamiche Alcindor or April Ryan (no reason they’re being singled out in particular, of course).
  12. Your question must begin with the phrase “Isn’t it great that President Trump has …”
  13. If you do not like any of these rules, you are welcome to whisper your question into a stand of reeds, pose it to Hillary Clinton or take it to a country with a more welcoming attitude towards the press.

I see fuck head isn’t going to take the Saudis to task. Makes me fucking sick. He cares nothing for human life unless it earns him some cash.

55 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I see fuck head isn’t going to take the Saudis to task. Makes me fucking sick. He cares nothing for human life unless it earns him some cash.

The WaPo published an annotated version of Dumpy's statement. I can't copy here because of the notes, but it's worth a read. It is, however, infuriating.

Yeah, fuck head is soooo fragile

The fiction that Donald Trump is a "counter-puncher" is getting a workout as his defenders try to justify the President's attacks on everyone from US Rep. Adam Schiff ("little Adam Schitt") to the special counsel Robert Mueller ("gone absolutely nuts.") The myth holds that Trump is a tough guy who fights back. In fact, he is a fragile man running out of safe places to hide.

Trump likely failed to detect the nation's displeasure with him, and his party, because he is apparently afraid to go anywhere outside the parts of the country where he's sure to draw an adoring crowd. (His did make a brief trip to California after the campaign in the wake of the deadly wildfires.)

The America he saw at his rallies was whiter, more rural and less educated than America overall. Obviously wary of any place where he wouldn't be hailed as a hero, he didn't hold a single rally in the Northeast or on the West Coast. In both those regions, Republicans suffered major election losses. If timid Trump had taken the risk of going to these places, he might have had a more realistic sense of how he is faring. But information that runs counter to the narrative he prefers may make him uncomfortable.

The President's need for safe spaces is not just a matter of campaign strategy. In March, USA Today noted that Trump had seen less of the country than any president in 40 years. Whenever possible Trump has traveled to his own properties -- the Mar-a-Lago resort is a favorite -- where he can surround himself with sycophants, rest in his own comfy bed and tweet insults at the people he fears.

He can’t even get a Thanksgiving message right. Is he really this obtuse? Yes. Yes, he is.

I mean, narcissist much?

Trump: 'I can't imagine anybody else' other than myself for Time Person of the Year

President Trump said Tuesday that he "can't imagine" anyone other than himself being named Time's Person of the Year.

A reporter asked Trump as he prepared to depart the White House for his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida who deserved to finish second for the designation, telling the president he assumed who his choice for first would be.

"It’s called person of the year, right? It’s no longer man of the year, right?" Trump replied.

"I don’t know, that’s up to Time Magazine," he continued. "I’ve been there before. I can’t imagine anybody else other than Trump."

The publication earlier Tuesday released the results of a reader poll to pick the Person of the Year. Trump finished tied for 13th with 2 percent of the vote, along with Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and special counsel Robert Mueller, among others.

The top choice was South Korean boy band BTS.

The magazine typically announces its editors' choice in December.

Trump was named Time's Person of the Year in 2016, with the magazine's editor saying at the time he was a polarizing figure who elicited opinions from individuals across the political spectrum.

The president claimed in 2017, when he was named runner-up, that he turned down the honor, though the magazine refuted his claim. Time eventually named the "Silence Breakers," including the women of the "Me Too" movement, its Person of the Year.

And let's throw in a bit of misogyny, for good measure!

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

He can’t even get a Thanksgiving message right. Is he really this obtuse? Yes. Yes, he is.

This pisses me off SO. MUCH.

My brother served 24 years in the US Navy - including many holidays away from home. At least his deployments seemed appropriate and necessary.

Putting troops in the direction of the southern border ( -- apparently at least in places, that means 90 miles away from the border -- ) in tents, without either AC or heat, as a POLITICAL. STUNT.

No words. No respect. (Only one of several things that causes me to feel this way).

1 hour ago, Howl said:

A few gems from the twitterverse this morning: 

As the people in charge of organizing the Correspondents' dinner rapidly scramble to book as many comedians as they can...

(Good to know that comedians are to Trump as what crosses are to vampires)

What they need to do is to make it look harmless so he will show up but then switch it up after he arrives to have a comedian roasting him. The look on his face would be priceless. 

8 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

What they need to do is to make it look harmless so he will show up but then switch it up after he arrives to have a comedian roasting him. The look on his face would be priceless. 

As we all know Trump sees no reason to learn history and he might not like what Chernow has to say about the first amendment and freedom of the press. 

Oh well if he doesn't like comedians you know what I'm going to do? Post more comedy. 

That way if he visits Freejinger because we talk about him a lot, he'll have a lousy time. 

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I mean, narcissist much?

Trump: 'I can't imagine anybody else' other than myself for Time Person of the Year

And let's throw in a bit of misogyny, for good measure!

Instead of person of the year he should instead be the following;

• Pendejo of the Year
  • New ADX Florence Inmate of the Year
  • Russian Tool of the Year
  • Fuckhead of the Year

He does hate comedians. A lot of people think that Seth Meyers making fun of him at the correspondents' dinner is what solidified his resolve to run for president.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard for the win!

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

As we all know Trump sees no reason to learn history and he might not like what Chernow has to say about the first amendment and freedom of the press. 

No kidding.  He could be utterly eviscerated.  On the other hand, he might have zero awareness that it was happening.

1 hour ago, Howl said:

No kidding.  He could be utterly eviscerated.  On the other hand, he might have zero awareness that it was happening.

Eviscerated?  Transanally?

BTW do not Google that.  Google Images is not your friend in this case.

I've had an earworm since Melting Velveeta Boy visited California, and the parody started writing itself in my head, So I figured I might as well finish it and share it.

Chorus:

Well I've a rake and a ramblin' mind.
So stable a genius, I’m sure you’ll find.

You know I've married me the Best Slovenian wife
Better love me dearer than she loves her life.

Tell California to clean the floor,
Get all those leaves and shrubs and more!
Like Finland, rake it, I do declare.
To stop the fires, a’burnin’ there!

Chorus

Oh when I die don't bury me at all
Place my bones in alcohol,
And on my head, pour a cup of pee,
To let the world best remember me!

Chorus

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

I've had an earworm since Melting Velveeta Boy visited California, and the parody started writing itself in my head, So I figured I might as well finish it and share it.

Chorus:

Well I've a rake and a ramblin' mind.
So stable a genius, I’m sure you’ll find.

You know I've married me the Best Slovenian wife
Better love me dearer than she loves her life.

Tell California to clean the floor,
Get all those leaves and shrubs and more!
Like Finland, rake it, I do declare.
To stop the fires, a’burnin’ there!

Chorus

Oh when I die don't bury me at all
Place my bones in alcohol,
And on my head, pour a cup of pee,
To let the world best remember me!

Chorus

Wish I could give this 10 thumbs up.

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Oh well if he doesn't like comedians you know what I'm going to do? Post more comedy. 

That way if he visits Freejinger because we talk about him a lot, he'll have a lousy time. 

I’m currently binge-watching this on YouTube, and a few times I’ve laughed so hard I almost choked.

LOL.  Yeah I know: satire

The Russian President, Vladimir Putin, is “absolutely furious” at the Saudi royal family for using his puppet without first obtaining his permission, an aide to Putin confirmed on Wednesday.

“At one point, Putin was watching the news and saw his puppet behaving in the kind of scraping, subservient manner toward the Saudis that he had previously reserved for him,” the aide said. “He pulled the TV out of the wall and hurled it across the room.”

According to diplomatic sources, the Saudis have reached out to Russia in the hopes of striking some sort of puppet-sharing agreement, but the enraged Russian President has refused to entertain such overtures.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived