IGNORED

Trump 36: We Shall Overcome

Destiny

I’m no body language expert, but sweet Rufus!

Putin’s satisfied smirk is quite telling too.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I’m no body language expert, but sweet Rufus!

Putin’s satisfied smirk is quite telling too.

Trump is looking especially dottering this trip.

7 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

He didn't write any of this. I'm sure all presidents have had someone helping with statements like these, but with Trump it's extremely noticeable because his speaking and writing style is so different.

I'm sure his rough draft was something like this:

George (dad, 41, not son, 43) was OK, because Republican. But not nearly bigly and the Best, like me. Boring hair and politics. Fake news praising him -- lies! I will live to 95 or MORE! MAGA!

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

’m no body language expert, but sweet Rufus!

It is interesting how he is all slumped over since trying to make himself look taller than others is sort of his thing. 

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Trump is looking especially dottering this trip.

Betting they'll be a rally soon after this trip, especially if he felt dissed and humiliated at the G20, like, for example,  he pretended he didn't see the joyous Putin - MBS bro five. 

Like zombies need brains, he'll be needing more rallies more frequently to keep the narcissistic supply topped off. 

And to make sure everybody pays for his feeling bad, he'll likely shut down the government* and humiliate refugees to the maximum degree.

*To clarify, this would only be a partial shut down, but still. 

10 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

He didn't write any of this. I'm sure all presidents have had someone helping with statements like these, but with Trump it's extremely noticeable because his speaking and writing style is so different.

Nevermind writing it, I'm not sure he (can) even read it.  

We were commenting last night that it took them a while to come out with the statement.  Given all the many changes of staff he's had at the WH, it amused me to imagine a bunch of late night staffers rummaging through the files looking for where the last guy had put the file statement already prepared for this situation. Probably hoping to find it before Fuck head woke up and tweeted out some gibberish from Argentina.

2 minutes ago, PreciousPantsofDoom said:

Nevermind writing it, I'm not sure he (can) even read it.  

We were commenting last night that it took them a while to come out with the statement.  Given all the many changes of staff he's had at the WH, it amused me to imagine a bunch of late night staffers rummaging through the files looking for where the last guy had put the file statement already prepared for this situation. Probably hoping to find it before Fuck head woke up and tweeted out some gibberish from Argentina.

And then after all that trouble they get it wrong by stating he first went to Yale and played baseball, and then joined the Navy, when in fact it's the other way around. :pb_rollseyes:

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

It is interesting how he is all slumped over since trying to make himself look taller than others is sort of his thing. 

I wonder if he wears lifts in his shoes.

Bet he doesn't go to 41's funeral.  Can't imagine he's wanted there and can't imagine him wanting to go near the Clintons, Obama's and Bushes.  The buffoon couldn't handle it. 

15 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

This feels like an excuse to avoid difficult questions. He was "very much looking forward to" it... sure.

Absolute bullshit, but then what else can you expect from the Baby-in-Chief?

baby on board.jpg

Just add Yakety Sax, and you have a Benny Hill skit.

Hoo boy, the babysitters better stock up on extra diapers and Diet Coke for the manbaby: "Michelle Obama’s ‘Becoming’ is the best-selling hardcover book of the year"

Spoiler

Michelle Obama’s “Becoming” is the best-selling hardcover book of 2018.

The former first lady’s memoir has sold more than 2 million copies in all formats in North America in its first 15 days, according to a statement released Friday by Penguin Random House. Now in its sixth printing, the book has 3.4 million copies in print in the United States and Canada.

In a strong indication of Obama’s popularity around the world, “Becoming” is also the No. 1 seller in Britain, Germany, France, Italy, Holland, Spain, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Greece. The book is being published in 31 languages.

Next week, Obama will take a break from her U.S. book tour to make several stops in Europe. On Monday, she will appear at a sold-out event with writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. She’ll be in Paris and Berlin later in the week.

Obama will return to the United States for an event in Detroit on Dec. 11 with comedian Phoebe Robinson.

Perhaps even more striking than the popularity of “Becoming” has been the extraordinary popularity of its author. Obama’s 10-city U.S. book tour has attracted sold-out crowds across the country, with fans willing to pay hundreds, even thousands of dollars to see her. One VIP seat for Obama’s appearance in Dallas on Dec. 17 is selling for more than $10,000.

The vast majority of book authors speak for free to small crowds in bookstores. Obama’s tour resembles a popular music tour — with rock-star prices to match.

“Michelle Obama,” by Antonia Felix, a collection of photographs of the former first lady, debuted on the Washington Post bestseller list last week.

5 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

This feels like an excuse to avoid difficult questions. He was "very much looking forward to" it... sure.

Great success? Since when is being a dottering fool on the world stage considered a scuccess? 

"Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum"

I don't know who Seneca was thinking of when he wrote that, but it shouldn't be too hard for people to guess who I think of when reading that...

otm.png.1cccdefa552235f6397bfec34b29d37e.png

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

"Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum"

I don't know who Seneca was thinking of when he wrote that, but it shouldn't be too hard for people to guess who I think of when reading that..

Sorry for being a pedantic nitpicker. But Seneca never wrote that. He died in 65 AD in pre-christian Rome and he would never have used the word "diabolicum", an eminently Christian concept.

Otoh we know that Saint Augustine wrote "Humanum fuit errare, diabolicum est per animositatem in errore manere", Sermones 164,14, It means "making mistakes was human, remaining in error because of arrogance is of the devil". It wasn't an original concept though as Cicero had written "Cuiusvis hominis est errare: nullius nisi insipientis, in errore perseverare", Philippicae XII, 5. Meaning that making mistakes is common to men, but nobody except ignorant people keep making the same mistake. Popular tradition mixed up the quotes and attributed it to Seneca (probably thanks to a defective transcription of a similar sentence in a manuscript) that would have undoubtedly agreed with the idea, but didn't write that exact sentence.

Again, sorry for being insufferably pedantic.

Yay for freejinger, there are so many people who know amazing facts. 

Unlike someone else we know

I wonder which sentences of President Galaxy Brain will get quoted and misquoted in  4000 AD.

He's a plague, a scourge, a curse, a calamity, a flagellum, a disgrace, a wart on the face of the world. May Mueller work overtime and may his work be used by the new Congress next January. This will be my New Year wish.

He's desperately clutching at anything and everything to try and stop the investigations he knows will be devastating to him and his presiduncy.

Trump Threatens to Declassify 'Devastating' Documents if House Democrats Launch Probes

President Donald Trump threatened to declassify “devastating” documents next year if House Democrats launch probes into his administration. “If they want to play tough, I will do it,” he said during an Oval Office interview Wednesday with the New York Post. "They will see how devastating those pages are." Trump told the paper he would declassify FISA warrant applications and other confidential documents from Robert Mueller’s investigation, which he said would expose efforts by the FBI, the Justice Department and the Clinton campaign to set him up. “If they go down the presidential harassment track, if they want to go and harass the president and the administration, I think that would be the best thing that would happen to me,” he said. “I’m a counter-puncher and I will hit them so hard they’d never been hit like that.” Trump also told the tabloid he would wait to reveal such documents until they are absolutely needed, saying, “It’s much more powerful if I do it then.”

16 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

“I’m a counter-puncher and I will hit them so hard they’d never been hit like that.”

His hitting back hasn't been working out so great for him, has it? If there was anything devastating to the investigation or democrats the GOP would have released it by now. 

They will continue investigating him, he will demand people find papers to release, his handlers will assure him they have something but in reality it is a big nothing and the investigation train will continue running right over him. 

Meh.  Remember when Nunes was going to declassify stuff that would make our hair curl and catch on fire?  Backfired! 

These are more of Trump's empty threats.  It sounds great to the base, "declassify FISA warrant applications and other confidential documents from Robert Mueller’s investigation, which he said would expose efforts by the FBI, the Justice Department and the Clinton campaign to set him up."  

Except, oops, rational people know that Trump wasn't set up.  Empty rhetoric, signifying nothing.  

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived