IGNORED

Trump 36: We Shall Overcome

Destiny

Jim Acosta is back! I can see Trump's head spinning as he spouts gibberish and foams at the mouth.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/2018/11/cnns_acosta_back_at_white_house_after_judges_ruling

"In response to the court, we will temporarily reinstate the reporter's hard pass," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement. "We will also further develop rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future."

Speaking to reporters after the decision, Trump said, "If they don't listen to the rules and regulations, we will end up back in court and we will win."

He later added: "We want total freedom of the press. It's very important to me, more important to me than anybody would believe. But you have to act with respect when you're in the White House, and when I see the way some of my people get treated at press conferences, it's terrible. So we're setting up a certain standard, which is what the court is requesting."

So, he wants freedom of the press - except not really. Only as long as they're giving him a tongue bath (sorry for the image...).

51 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Oh my, it seems the presidunce has finally figured out who has the most to gain when he get's impeached...

Is Mike Pence Loyal? Trump Is Asking, Despite His Recent Endorsement

Hmmmm - how long before he attempts to resign Pence?

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Trump's going to agree to do any more interviews with Wallace. Wallace is asking followup questions instead of just smiling and nodding at Trump's bullshit.

These reporters have courage, intelligence, and, most of all, phenomenal self-control.

It must take all their strength not to facepalm and yell "How do you find your own ass to wipe it, you brainless fuck?" when he answers them.

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

These reporters have courage, intelligence, and, most of all, phenomenal self-control.

These reporters should start to use their courage and intelligence, and most of all, lose that self-control. They should finally confront him with all of the idiocy he spouts. Because when they don't, it lends credence to what he says.  And It's because they don't, that he gets away with all of his crap.

2 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

So, he wants freedom of the press - except not really. Only as long as they're giving him a tongue bath (sorry for the image...).

:brainbleach: is all I have to say

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

It must take all their strength not to facepalm and yell "How do you find your own ass to wipe it, you brainless fuck?" when he answers them.

He probably pays someone to do it for him.

I got it:

:brainbleach: :brainbleach: :brainbleach:

Now I’ve seen everything! What alternative universe did I wake up in?

The presidunce stumping for Nancy Pelosi? Do you think he knows that as Speaker of the House she’ll be third in line for the presidency?

OK, who hacked Trump's twitter account? Barron?  Is Barron behind this? Maybe someone slipped Trump a dose of LSD in his two scoops or he got his Valium dose mixed up. 

He's almost certainly trying to get into her good books. Please, I made certain you became Speaker, now, don't impeach me!

Yeah that would be me the second he got rude with me or started in on his bullshit. I’d also probably include some commentary regarding his parentage, ancestry, reproductive proclivities, the amount of fecal material inside him, and his ultimate destination.

Good grief, he's laying it on thick, isn't he? First a tweet, and now to the press. 

He looks a trifle scared, don't you think?

I believe it. Just like Hillary, Obama, and Soros, the name Nancy Pelosi is like a dog whistle to the Trump faithful. He's betting that, if she's speaker if the House, Republicans and Independents will be angry with the Democrats in two years and the Republicans will be able to take back the House.

4 hours ago, Howl said:

No, I don't believe it. Who would?

I wouldn't believe him if he said Friday followed Thursday.

"While Trump feasts on Thanksgiving, troops on the border eat rations and await Pancho Villa"

Spoiler

President Trump is reportedly planning to celebrate Thanksgiving once again at his members-only Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida, feasting on (if previous menus repeat) a 24-dish extravaganza of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, marshmallow sweet potatoes, red snapper, leg of lamb, grilled diver scallops, stone crab, ahi tuna martinis, Maine lobster bisque, short ribs, beef tenderloin and seven desserts.

It will likely all be topped off by what the president calls “the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake” — available exclusively to members ($200,000 initiation fee) and guests.

Things will be rather less sumptuous along the southern border, to which Trump, just before the midterm elections, ordered some 5,600 troops, with another 1,400 on the way, to contain the “national emergency” posed by the approaching caravan of Central American families seeking asylum.

Since the election, Trump has forgotten about the mortal peril posed by the caravan “invasion” — he has mentioned the “caravan” only once, and only when asked — but the troops he ordered to act in this political advertisement can’t forget. They will remain on the border through Thanksgiving, the New York Times reported, eating MRE rations, living in tents without electricity, receiving neither combat pay nor hostile-fire pay.

Their only task is to spend a few days stringing barbed wire. After this, their mission, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said, “is somewhat to be determined.”

Operation TBD. At least that’s more honest than “Operation Faithful Patriot,” the name originally assigned to Trump’s Pentagon-financed campaign ad.

This is the time when another president would pay a Thanksgiving visit to the troops he has mobilized. President George W. Bush famously visited Iraq on Thanksgiving in 2003.

Trump, similarly, could visit his underemployed troops and give them a sense of mission — even a phony one. Before Election Day, he imagined the caravan to be packed with terrorists, drug dealers and killers. Surely he could now blame the caravan for, say, the California wildfires, Roger Stone’s text messages, the failure to vet the acting attorney general, the need to furnish identification when buying breakfast cereal or all those people who were able to repeatedly vote by changing hats in their cars.

He could then pass out 7,000 stone crabs and beautiful pieces of chocolate cake and be on his way. (When he visited a local Coast Guard post last Thanksgiving, they got wrapped sandwiches and potato chips.)

Mattis tried another way to give meaning to the troops’ aimless mission on the border. “I would put this in a little historic context,” he told reporters on Wednesday. “I think many of you are aware that President Wilson 100 years ago, a little over 100 years ago, deployed the U.S. Army to the southwest border. . . . The threat then was Pancho Villa’s troops, a revolutionary raiding across the border into the United States.”

At first glance, it would appear that a raid by Pancho Villa’s guerrillas that killed 17 Americans in New Mexico 102 years ago has very little to do with the unarmed and impoverished Central Americans currently seeking refuge in the United States.

But maybe Mattis has revealed something about Trump’s national-security decisions. The policies may be inappropriate for the current day, but they would have been eminently sensible a century ago, or earlier.

Some might say it is pointlessly antagonistic to attack the president of France over his approval rating and the French unemployment rate and to misrepresent his statements. But there is historical context for Trump’s belligerence! The French fought us during the French and Indian War in the 1750s . And French privateers seized our merchant ships in the 1790s.

Some might think Trump’s “travel ban” is an attempt to punish Muslim countries on the basis of religion. But there is historical context! Between 1801 and 1815, we fought in the Barbary Wars against what is now Libya — one of the countries targeted by the travel ban.

Some might take issue with Trump’s attempt to portray Mexicans as murderers. But there is historical context! Remember the Alamo? The Mexican-American War? The Cortinista Bandits of 1859? The Las Cuevas War of 1875? Anyone?

Some might think Trump is naive to alienate Britain and Germany while warmly embracing Russia. But there is historical context! Russia was on our side during the Boxer Rebellion in 1899 (and they weren’t so bad in 1856 during the Second Opium War ). And Britain was our enemy in the War of 1812 — and Hessian soldiers fought against us during the American Revolution!

There is even historical context for Trump spending Thanksgiving in Mar-a-Lago’s luxury rather than roughing it with troops along the border. That area was highly unstable in 1521, when Europeans defeated the Aztecs and their emperor, Montezuma II. We can’t risk sending the president there. You never know when Montezuma might exact his revenge.

Oh, for Rufus' sake! Stop being polite and confront the moron with his idiocy the minute it comes out of his mouth! Damn, this makes me so angry. This is why he gets away with it all the time. This is helping him become an autocrat. Do you want that in your country? No? Well, do something about it then, and speak out when he's lying or spouting nonsense.

Man not smart: 

Our president may have spoken of "doing things" but he certainly didn't say we don't have forest fires because we rake the forests. 1. We have forest fires. 2. We don't rake the forests. 3. There are  not enough  people in Finland to rake all the forests. 4. The polar circle runs through our country so Californian climate is a tad different from Finland. 

Wrong link, not sure how it happened because I still see the correct one in the writing window

There's a new hashtag: Rake America great again

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Our president may have spoken of "doing things" but he certainly didn't say we don't have forest fires because we rake the forests. 1. We have forest fires. 2. We don't rake the forests. 3. There are  not enough  people in Finland to rake all the forests. 4. The polar circle runs through our country so Californian climate is a tad different from Finland. 

5. Our orange president is a fucking idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about. 

Really, who the fuck rakes leaves in a forest? Maybe it's the same people that need id's to buy cereal.

Leaving aside the question of who will rake the forests and what money we'll pay them with, what do we do with the leaves and brush we rake up?  Won't that be sitting somewhere else ready to burn down that area?

5 minutes ago, mamallama said:

Leaving aside the question of who will rake the forests and what money we'll pay them with, what do we do with the leaves and brush we rake up?  Won't that be sitting somewhere else ready to burn down that area?

Dump them off the coast of Puerto Rico because PR is an island.  There is a little known fact, that nobody understands better than Trump is that islands are surrounded by water. Water, so people are saying, is wet.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived