IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and M'kids part 18: The Prodigal Son Returneth

Buzzard

15 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

FJ really needs an eye-rolling reaction.

I agree, but tbf in this case ...if I were married to Smuggar God would be my Valentine, too.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/11/2019 at 4:09 PM, tabitha2 said:

Hmm. All religions believe you have to be the right kind of so and so to get the best place in heaven, the best rebirth or the best  table  next Odin in Valhalla.  Usually it’s whole lot easier for men to boot.  

We don't believe that way. We pay attention to the Hebrew bible as well as the Christian bible. Our priests have also thrown in some Buddhism and Native American beliefs from time to time.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:05 PM, Bobology said:

The weirdness of the kids decorating the parents' bed is discussed... but, seriously, no one is going to specifically mention the Twizzlers on the bed? Twizzlers? What the heck? They are not a typical Valentine candy, so had to be a special request by one of the parents, obviously JB. Eww

Yes, what the heck about the Twizzlers?? Redvines are so much better! :lol:

7 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I agree, but tbf in this case ...if I were married to Smuggar God would be my Valentine, too.

Seriously! What's she supposed to say?

Happy Valentine's Day to my wonderful and never creepy husband. You are my rock. Always there for me, and never taking naps when I'm in labour. You  are a godly man, despite the philandry. We all know God makes mistakes sometimes too. #besthubbyever #jesuslovethemall

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

669CF05B-68A0-40E7-994C-C5F3EFA4E70B.thumb.png.7ec151b9790a3ec7934f49d346519dd1.png

Anna posted this for Valentines Day 

Is this what fundies who aren't allowed to listen to "this song is indistinguishable from a raunchy R&B song if you replace Jesus with Baby" CCM songs do to get their "my love for Jesus borders on inappropriately sexual" fix? 

On 2/11/2019 at 6:09 PM, tabitha2 said:

All religions believe you have to be the right kind of so and so to get the best place in heaven, the best rebirth or the best  table  next Odin in Valhalla.

UUs don't believe this at all.

Re the dog; That's a Great Pyrenees. that's a lot of dog. I'm glad it's good with the kids but they can be ornery animals. The one we had when I was a kid only liked me, my sister and my mom. He bit my dad a couple of times. Something tells me that they do not have the level of control over an animal to properly own that kind of dog. 

Meredith is wearing pants on Anna’s latest Instagram post. They are wide very ruffled very girly pants but still.

I imagine the days of TTC( the casserole not the baby making!) and Cheap pizza are fading. That’s great! If nothing else all that mission world traveling has opened their minds to food culture.  

On 2/5/2019 at 6:02 PM, Bobology said:

Maybe he could pursue a suit against his parents for making the lives of all their minors public, and dragging them across the country/countries to be filmed and interviewed. How many of the Duggar children have had a choice to be not included in the circus? If their lives hadn't been public I doubt the "closed" reports would have ever been released. (Or perhaps he shouldn't have done anything that caused reporting to happen.) Didn't Ozzy and Sharon have a daughter who didn't want to be included in their media circus, and they respected that?

Wouldn’t that be a good twist? ”Surprise! We actually have 20 children, meet our son Jasper that has finally decided to join the show!”

On 2/15/2019 at 3:53 PM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

FJ really needs an eye-rolling reaction.

At least she is smart enough to not praise her husband online. Don’t think she would have many positive reactions to #besthubbyever posts about Josh. 

I really like their family nights. I want that too. But maybe with friends and without Jesus. 

Huh! Any idea who the guy in the "St. Paul Fire & Rescue" hoodie is (spring rolls IG picture)? Is there a Duggar-Minnesota connection?

1 hour ago, Antipatriarch said:

Huh! Any idea who the guy in the "St. Paul Fire & Rescue" hoodie is (spring rolls IG picture)? Is there a Duggar-Minnesota connection?

He is sitting next to Joy in the next photo so I’m assuming it’s Austin. 

1 hour ago, Antipatriarch said:

On the “Anna Martyn” Facebook page, it says Joy and Austin live in St. Paul, AR.

Totally superficial comment on my part (and in no way excuses their awful belief): but I love Jill's look on the family night pictures. That sweater with the earrings is something I'd totally wear.

16 hours ago, miss_batson said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You know Anna I think there is a cure for emoji diarrhea. 

I can’t get over how tall Justin is now.  He’s a handsome young man.

Izzy’s forced smile reminds me of Josie smiling on demand for Meeechelle.

It's so shocking to see Michelle apparently actively playing with her grandkids/helping them be safe! It seems so unlike how she is as a mom

On 2/21/2019 at 12:19 AM, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Re the dog; That's a Great Pyrenees. that's a lot of dog. I'm glad it's good with the kids but they can be ornery animals. The one we had when I was a kid only liked me, my sister and my mom. He bit my dad a couple of times. Something tells me that they do not have the level of control over an animal to properly own that kind of dog. 

Yeah, they're not just big white Golden Retrievers or Bernese Mountain Dogs (which are both breeds known for being easy to train and friendly to just about everyone); they're very much working dogs and without stimulation (because they NEED to have a job to do) and very dedicated, consistent training, they can be very difficult to live with. Considering the Duggar track record, I doubt this dog is well-trained. 

On 2/16/2019 at 1:34 AM, tabitha2 said:

I meant religions as a whole not individual  people or Denominations.  

I' m a bit late to the discussion,  but yes, Buddhists do believe that everybody gets reborn. Rebirth is actually not seen as desirable. The ultimate goal is ending the cycle of rebirth by achieving enlightenment. Also, making ethical decisions in this life will lead to positive consequences in this life and the next one.    Anna does not seem like a bad person. She might get a better  husband next time round.   ?

20 hours ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

It's so shocking to see Michelle apparently actively playing with her grandkids/helping them be safe! It seems so unlike how she is as a mom

My dad and uncle claim that their mom was a significantly better grandma to us kids then she was a mother to them. I can see it - the responsibilities of a mom are far more than of a grandma. Unfortunately, some people just aren’t fit to be parents, but those same people are able to be decent grandparents because it’s less demanding. 

However, my grandma didn’t choose to have 19 and neglect kids. 

6 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

My dad and uncle claim that their mom was a significantly better grandma to us kids then she was a mother to them. I can see it - the responsibilities of a mom are far more than of a grandma. Unfortunately, some people just aren’t fit to be parents, but those same people are able to be decent grandparents because it’s less demanding. 

However, my grandma didn’t choose to have 19 and neglect kids. 

My mum is a wonderful grandma to my daughter. It sometimes makes me sad to see her do things like play with my daughter or doing crafts with her. She never would have bothered when I was a kid. But if she learned to be more involved since then it is a good thing, of course.  Maybe you are right and she is able to do it because she only sees us twice a month or so.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived