IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and M'kids part 18: The Prodigal Son Returneth

Buzzard

5 hours ago, lizzybee said:

It seems like they're all going out of their way to excessively praise him for doing what he "ought." It makes me wonder why they're being so enthusiastic about it right now. What's the big picture with that?  

They're doing it because they want the public to love Josh again so that Josh and Anna can be on Counting On and make more $$$.

Who wouldn't tune in to a Joshly Redemption Special (however, I wouldn't)?

I believe Josh is having financial struggles. He's continued to try to file lawsuits and recently had his thrown out. I also believe this is one reason why the Duggars released the younger Duggars' CD. Remember, Mackynzie is part of it and Josh is profiting from the CD.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/4/2019 at 4:14 PM, Georgiana said:

On his way out the door, Josh was supposed to take the trash out because it was on his way out and because this would save Anna from having to do so with multiple littles in what I believe was not great weather.  He was well aware this was the expectation, he may have been reminded even...but naturally, Josh walked out the door without the trash.  The camera then asked Anna about it, who said something to the effect of "Yes, he forgets to help out at home sometimes (wording and situation implied that this forgetfulness was pretty regular), but I always remember that I COULD be one of those women who has to work, so I'm grateful for him."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they ever showed Josh walking without the trash on camera. I think Anna was talking about marriage in general, and mentioned taking out the trash as a vague example. I'm also pretty sure she said "sometimes he might forget to take out the trash, but at least I have a husband," because that specific comment got ripped to shreds on Chelsea Lately. 

I'm bringing this up cuz I thought there was something "off" about that story when I saw it. Something that didn't quite ring true.

And then I figured out what it was. I read part of Debi Perl's Created to be His Helpmeet (or whatever it's called) on Love, Joy, Feminism, and she writes about this exact same anecdoteMichael Perl always forgot to take the trash out, it drove Debi crazy, until finally she realized that it was better to joyfully submit than nag her husband. At least she had a husband! 

Now, maybe Josh did the same thing. But unless it was actually shown on camera (and my memory's off) I smell bullshit. Anna wasn't talking about her real life--she was quoting the Perl's book. Anna was quoting the child abusing Perls on TV. That's why I can't join the poor Anna posting. She's a grown ass woman who can't think for her self and willingly promoted that garbage to a television audience. She looks sweet, but she's insidious. 

Anna cant believe Mason is already 18 months old. I think she is haveing baby fever. 
And Jill comment among the comments. ? Not sure why she think's that, i see zero resemblance beetween Sam and Mason. But whatever.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Anna cant believe Mason is already 18 months old. I think she is haveing baby fever. 
And Jill comment among the comments. ? Not sure why she think's that, i see zero resemblance beetween Sam and Mason. But whatever.

Hide contents

Say what you will about ANna and Josh but if that ain't the cutest thing I don't know what is. I used to love playing horses with my sisters. We'd make our scooters, bikes, roller blades, anything would be our horses. Ironic given I've been terrified of horses since I was 7. 

unfortunately the over tone is always moderately creepy with the M kids because of their dad and the sad fact that Meredith will likely never ride a proper horse in anything but a skirt and I can't imagine how hard that is. 

That second picture of them kissing Mason is weird. I would not have chosen that one to post myself. Anna looks emotionally dead in that picture. Maybe it's because she's looking at Josh ?

In the second picture, it almost looks like Anna has a little bump going. It may be the angle or the way the shirt is, but it looks bumpy...

The whole praise and build up your man and he will become the husband you want him to be idea is so cringeworthy when played out on social media-especially with Jill/Derek and Anna/Josh.  I wonder if they post to stroke their husbands' egos , or to prove ( or fake) to the world that their husbands really are so wonderful and everything is fine and happy (and maybe if they post it enough it will come true).  Probably a combination of both.  Also as proof to their peers that they are doing everything a good wife is supposed to be doing (building them up, giving support, praising and encouraging them).  

I think the whole idea of continually working on your marriage and making sure it is strong is great in theory.  I do think a lot of marriages tend to weaken once focus switches to kids.  And especially if you've got a covenant marriage, once your kids are grown and out of the house, I'm sure its nice to have a strong marriage to fall back on.  But....all of the date nights and mushy social media posts, and hashtags, just seem to be trying to hard.   Maybe I'm just bitter because I don't have a plethora of available babysitters.  

1 hour ago, Oh_Dear! said:

In the second picture, it almost looks like Anna has a little bump going. It may be the angle or the way the shirt is, but it looks bumpy...

The front of my shirt is propertly streched out. I had a big lunch.

1 hour ago, Oh_Dear! said:

The second picture seems to be from when Mason was 12 months old. It is thus from six months ago. 

I keep forgetting how old Meredith is. When I saw that picture I thought she was Mackynzie. I know Mackynzie is older now too, but I remember her being around Meredith's age on 19 KAC.

9 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Hide contents

I wonder if Israel just wasnt in that picture or why he isn't a part of those 3 best friends. Hes pretty close to the same age.

I feel like Jill frequently makes that comment - wasn’t it the other day that she commented on a picture of Gideon (?) that she showed it to Izzy and “he thought it was Sam”?

Maybe Jill just thinks that all bald babies look the same, which, TBH, is fair.

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I feel like Jill frequently makes that comment - wasn’t it the other day that she commented on a picture of Gideon (?) that she showed it to Izzy and “he thought it was Sam”?

Maybe Jill just thinks that all bald babies look the same, which, TBH, is fair.

Lol to be fair, it makes sense if Izzy was the one who said it. My 3 year old thinks any picture of a curly-headed brown-skinned baby is her little sister, including old pictures of herself.

I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if Anna is prego again, but I doubt she’s far enough along to have a sizable bump.  I think she’s just leaning over... and has had 5 babies.  

1 hour ago, viii said:

Anna has recently said that she's not pregnant, and I don't see why she'd lie about it. 

How recently was this?  

It would help to have a list of these somewhere, as there were 3 people saying no recently, but I can't keep track, which is perhaps pathetic.

46 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

How recently was this?  

It would help to have a list of these somewhere, as there were 3 people saying no recently, but I can't keep track, which is perhaps pathetic.

The screen cap of her comment was posted on January 30. Based on Anna's predicted spacing, I'd expect her to be conceiving this month.

I didn’t realize when the picture was taken. Makes a lot more sense to have a bit of a bump... on me that’s a post-lunch look but on these girls, that seem to snap back post partum in a blink of an eye, it always makes me wonder.

I don't think Jill & the boys get over to the TTH as often as Jessa & Anna seem to (which seems to be every day). I'm not sure why, maybe they have 1 car and Derrick takes it to class leaving Jill stranded at home, because he's a dick like that. Or she is not comfortable going over there because of the shit going on between her owner and her former owner. 

I'm being BEC today. Why is Marcus riding a bike INSIDE a kitchen? Those people are all about obedience but allow their kids to do the most naugthy things. 

6 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

I didn’t realize when the picture was taken. Makes a lot more sense to have a bit of a bump... on me that’s a post-lunch look but on these girls, that seem to snap back post partum in a blink of an eye, it always makes me wonder.

As much as I dislike talking about women's postpartum bodies generally speaking, this is not the case for Anna. Anna has always carried more postpartum weight and tends to dress is looser, more flowy clothing. A few years ago there was constant (and I really do mean constant) speculation that she was pregnant because she didn't have a perfectly flat stomach. The speculation died down when people realized that Anna, like millions of other women, simply does not have a perfectly flat stomach, and that she tends to fairly regularly go about two years between babies. Like @Bethella said, if she sticks to her 'schedule', she should be conceiving pretty soon.

I'm not throwing shade at you. I used to speculate about pregnancy based on appearance all the time (not to anyone's face, obviously! but on this forum, about quiverfull women, sure). I was wrong more than once, and felt kind of iffy about the whole thing, so I decided, nope, no more. Now I stick to baby name guesses. :P 

The mention of wishing there was a list makes me want to make a webpage listing the various Duggars, their marital or pregnancy status, and a link (or links) to whatever source(s) most recently provided the information. I actually kind of want to start something of a 'Duggar Snopes' site where people can quickly and easily find a particular Duggar rumour and see what its status is (true, false, uncertain, etc.) which I think would be kind of fun and useful... but I'd have to figure out how best to go about doing it. I thought of making a Tumblr, but I'm not sure how easily searchable it is.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I actually kind of want to start something of a 'Duggar Snopes' site where people can quickly and easily find a particular Duggar rumour and see what its status is (true, false, uncertain, etc.) which I think would be kind of fun and useful.

That's great.  The Duggars themselves might want to contribute to that as well.  :confusion-shrug:

14 hours ago, Bethella said:

Based on Anna's predicted spacing, I'd expect her to be conceiving this month.

Can't unsee this. :(

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived