IGNORED

JinJer & Felicity 44: The Glossy Veneer is Slipping

Jellybean

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

There is no way the Vuolos are both traveling that much.

It would be nice if you both got to be upgraded and I hope he can sleep on the plane with that much flying!

I agree, especially since we know the Duggars have private planes and there have been photos with just JD. Jeremy does speaking engagements, part of that is a travel budget and so many people see first class as a huge status thing that it's a fairly standard part of the package, even if you're staying in a run o'the mill hotel.

Image is important to the Vuolos, so even if it's not part of the offering I wouldn't be surprised if they negotiate for it or pay the difference. I don't think Jeremy will go the blatant prosperity preaching route, he's too conservative and has a expository preaching style, but they are curating the young, stylish, successful fundie image. An image that will appeal to conservative christians at large, especially those from large families like Jinger's whose circumstances weren't changed by a tv show, where first class seats are a far off dream.

He's got the "I can identify with where he's been or want to be there" appeal for it, homeschool background, a bit of traditional school for his soccer career, a big come to Jesus testament of faith, professional athlete turned border city pastor with a charming, continuous favorite fundie wife. 

^^ speculation, but given his latest steps I'm just waiting for his first book to drop.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh. First class is only about $650 from San Antonio to Chicago. Coach is about $300. An upgrade to first from coach wouldn't be excessively costly.

Im sorry, but It doesn't look like first class to me.

I've never seen a plane where first class has 3 seats either side of the aisle. Jinger is on the window seat based on her Instagram photo, and per her Instagram story, it appears Jeremy is in the middle seat.

47 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Eh. First class is only about $650 from San Antonio to Chicago. Coach is about $300. An upgrade to first from coach wouldn't be excessively costly.

It doesn't fit the rhetoric of "buy used and save the difference" though-

1 hour ago, cascarones said:

It would be nice if you both got to be upgraded and I hope he can sleep on the plane with that much flying!

I agree, especially since we know the Duggars have private planes and there have been photos with just JD. Jeremy does speaking engagements, part of that is a travel budget and so many people see first class as a huge status thing that it's a fairly standard part of the package, even if you're staying in a run o'the mill hotel.

Image is important to the Vuolos, so even if it's not part of the offering I wouldn't be surprised if they negotiate for it or pay the difference. I don't think Jeremy will go the blatant prosperity preaching route, he's too conservative and has a expository preaching style, but they are curating the young, stylish, successful fundie image. An image that will appeal to conservative christians at large, especially those from large families like Jinger's whose circumstances weren't changed by a tv show, where first class seats are a far off dream.

He's got the "I can identify with where he's been or want to be there" appeal for it, homeschool background, a bit of traditional school for his soccer career, a big come to Jesus testament of faith, professional athlete turned border city pastor with a charming, continuous favorite fundie wife. 

^^ speculation, but given his latest steps I'm just waiting for his first book to drop.

He can sleep anywhere and has never, not once, experienced jet lag. Last weekend we flew from Heathrow to LAX and he sleep for 9 of the 12 hours- and it was a day flight. It is maddening!

Has Jinger said 'buy used and save the difference' since she's gotten married? Maybe she hated having to always shop used because of financial constraints and has decided to live differently. She did seem to take her brothers shopping at old navy when they visited...
Our family was strict with money/budgeting/ we never had the nice new trendy things as kids and teenagers. I have only started regularly shopping in the last few years, and still with much guilt about spending on myself!

LOL - you can't buy used plane tickets...

And they could have been upgraded on the spot by a flight attendant who recognized them/saw they were traveling with a baby/etc.

16 minutes ago, sleepy_doggos said:

Has Jinger said 'buy used and save the difference' since she's gotten married? Maybe she hated having to always shop used because of financial constraints and has decided to live differently. She did seem to take her brothers shopping at old navy when they visited...
Our family was strict with money/budgeting/ we never had the nice new trendy things as kids and teenagers. I have only started regularly shopping in the last few years, and still with much guilt about spending on myself!

They were shopping at the Old Navy Outlet store in Laredo. I don't think she is opposed to buying outlet or thrift store shopping, but I also don't think she is opposed to purchasing new either from what I've seen, which is perfectly normal.

In regards to the whole first class vs economy, how can you tell from looking at part of a seat on an instagram live or a picture? They didn't show the entire section of the plane or hashtag in first class.  From looking at the amount of leg room that Jinger has in the photo and how trashed the seat in front of them looks in the photo I would say economy.

So now that I've seen the pics, I don't believe that's first class, either. Looks like regular old seats to me. 

29 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

LOL - you can't buy used plane tickets...

And they could have been upgraded on the spot by a flight attendant who recognized them/saw they were traveling with a baby/etc.

Buying used is code for thrifty-

On 9/21/2018 at 12:39 PM, just_ordinary said:

I would love to know how they process their actions with their wife’s past.

That would involve engaging critical thinking skills and religions like theirs don't encourage this sort of thing as it means there are people questioning things. You don't get blind followers by encouraging questions and critical thinking.

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jinjer flew first class to Chicago per her instagram. 

Dammit, they're in my neck of the woods.  I almost went to yesterday's Cubs game, too.

Just saw the photo as well, but still no judgement if they pay more for business or first. I think I just default to the photo under the spoiler from Jeremy's clear first class post and assume that's how they fly most of the time since it was before Felicity.

Spoiler

Screen_Shot_2018-09-28_at_5_41.23_PM.thumb.png.451e2c0d272d8872bc555e321681caa0.png

First class within the US is not that expensive, and it's also a pretty crappy experience. People are imagining the nice pods you see on transcontinental flights but that's just not the case.

Nevertheless, I didn't know a pastor's salary was that good. My husband and I make really good $, closer to 7 figures than 6 and we still fly economy within the US unless it's a business flight (paid for by employer or client). We fly a lot and it's actually pretty hard to get that many frequent flyer miles to be upgraded often. Especially if you're accumulating on short or medium haul flights. Truthfully you need long flights on business class to rack them up. Plus if you're upgrading and you're Jeremy and Jinger, you'd have way more business travelers who rank ahead of you so it would be even harder to get seats. My guess is they're paying for the privilege. Their business, just seems frivolous. 

33 minutes ago, potato said:

Dammit, they're in my neck of the woods.  I almost went to yesterday's Cubs game, too.

My neck of the woods too. They went to the game? Go the fuck home Jeremy, your kind isn't wanted here.

7 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

First class within the US is not that expensive

It depends on what you consider expensive, but I'm an airfare bottom-feeder. Way too pricey for me.

10 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

My neck of the woods too. They went to the game? Go the fuck home Jeremy, your kind isn't wanted here.

17 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Yep, both she and Jeremy posted pictures: 

Spoiler

Also, check out the picture that she posted from Downtown.  I wonder if she purposely chose to post a picture with Trump Tower as the focus (instead of the Sears Tower, the Bean, the Art Institute, or anything else touristy) or if it's some sick, strange coincidence: 

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Oh jinger you can never convince me you're a cubs fan lol.

I agree with  you 100%, @HarleyQuinn!

And what the hell is that on the baby's head?  It almost looks like she's wearing a turban.

In all my years I’ve not met a kid who likes wearing a hat, unless it was attached to a superhero cape or something.  Those headbands give me a sweaty headache just looking at them. I remember when I was about four they made me wear a hat for church one day.  It went out the car window at 60 mph.  Luckily for me I was with my Grandma so no spanking.  :giggle:

Here are screenshots from the plane. First was posted by Jinger normally, second is from her Instagram story.

You can see she's seated next to a window, and Jeremy is seated in the middle seat of a plane in a 3-3 seat configuration (3 seats either side of the aisle). Jinger also appears to have very little leg room.

Behind Jeremy, you can see the row is labelled 30.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-09-29-13-07-53-01.thumb.jpeg.09c25bdf36d674eab8d087c4b7f7a8e5.jpegScreenshot_2018-09-29-13-08-06-01.thumb.jpeg.f9469812d384ed5eba39d134ee1e92e6.jpeg

As I said earlier, they aren't in first class. If anything they're flying right at the back of that plane.   

26 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Or could it be they are in the emergency seats on the plane for Jeremy cause he's tall?

I don't think you can be in the emergency row with a baby.

29 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Or could it be they are in the emergency seats on the plane for Jeremy cause he's tall?

Nope, not with an infant.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived