IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 11: The Baby Watch Continues

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I mean, mr.rochester dressed in drag, to trick Jane into revealing her feelings about him by  cruelly telling her he was engaged, And hid his wife in an attic, and had no intention of telling his new romantic interest until they were 'married' a year (polygamy/ stealing her virginity and saved til marriage status under false pretenses), and wasn't too concerned his ward was probably his actual daughter.

jane Austen is far too metal for this crowd. 

That’s Charlotte Bronte.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, eveandadam said:

[Snip]

- another tea party thought: why is lily presented so much on the show all of a suddon? courtship? what about lauren caldwell?

I assumed it's because she appears normal, likeable, and seems to enjoy/be good at being on tv, along with her being so close (apparently) to Lauren and part of many of the big activities in her life, including college.

1 hour ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I mean, mr.rochester dressed in drag, to trick Jane into revealing her feelings about him by  cruelly telling her he was engaged, And hid his wife in an attic, and had no intention of telling his new romantic interest until they were 'married' a year (polygamy/ stealing her virginity and saved til marriage status under false pretenses), and wasn't too concerned his ward was probably his actual daughter.

jane Austen is far too metal for this crowd. 

That's Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. 

24 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

That’s Charlotte Bronte.

Oh, shit, you're right ? time for bed, I'll see myself out. 

I am a bit jealous of Lauren’s style. I really like her rehearsal dress and the business chic outfit she wore on the morning of the wedding. That is how I want to look more often but I just feel more myself in jeans. 

I am not sure if our Fundies (IBLP) are really into Jane Austen. Those heroines are rather strong willed. Lizzy refuses to accept a marriage offer her mother desperately pushed, Emma has no intention of marriage and has no problem speaking up/making her own decisions, Anne listens to her family and deeply regrets it- in the end she decides against her family’s wishes. From all of her heroines maybe Elianor and Margaret seem the best to teach a lesson to Fundie maidens. And I have actually no real clue about Cathrine. Can’t remember much of that book but that she is rather childish and overexcited.

Having just watched the wedding episode my big takeaway was that they seemed really physically attracted to each other. Like it looked like they could hardly hold themselves back from kissing. It was the first time I've gotten that vibe from them and it was refreshing!

Coming back very late to the discussion but thank you all for the links! Things are going better. I probably didn't react the best when I found out he relapsed and it made him not want to be honest with me about what was going on. It felt like he was betraying me after we had gained so much of the trust back. When we first discovered the drinking problem years ago it was very hard for me not to be pissed off about it and feel like I was a victim and this was something he was doing TO me. When I finally looked at it as our problem and something we had to work through together things turned around so much. So I have to remember that- having a baby now kind of clouded everything because I want to protect him and not let me son go through what I did growing up. My mom abuses alcohol and I have awful memories of her driving drunk with my sister and I in the car, her coming home at 2,3,4 am and crying and puking...At least my husband only drinks at home- he never goes to bars or parties alone so the drinking and driving is never a concern.

He has tried AA and its not for him. He is Christian but he doesn't like the way AA includes God. He's pretty picky about where and how he worships. Plus the meetings would leave him so emotionally drained that he actually wanted to drink more after going to them. Last time an AODA counselor was very helpful so we need to find him one again. Until then I basically act as his sponsor and if he feels like buying alcohol he calls me and we talk until he gets home. The toughest part is just keeping it all a secret(especially living in WI) since he isn't ready to go public with his struggles. But as long as he is honest with me I think we can get through it?.

Si and Lauren went to a movie and I thought Yay! Then I read his post and looked up the movie. Of course it would be about abortion. Do fundies think of anything else? Can they not just go catch a comedy or an action flick or a period drama?!! 

I knew these two were contenders for my least favorite Duggarling couple (tough competition these days though, considering DWreck and Jeremy are in the mix).

The theatrics of this photo are SO ridiculous. On the rare occasion that I've seen people post crying/sad selfies on social media I've always felt like it was attention seeking and not super genuine. This feels like that plus they're using it to further  an icky dose of their beliefs. Like, I'm trying to imagine their conversation two seconds before taking this picture. "Okay, Lauren, keep looking really sad... Frown a little more... Perfect!" Then five seconds later: "Ok, posted to Instagram! Let's go get ice cream! Yay!"

I hate over the top, attention seeking posts. I hate it even more when it comes to fundies. If Lauren doesn't want to get an abortion, no one will force her into it. The rest of us want to have that damned choice. Stay the fuck out of other women's uterus' (uteri) and keep your shitty ass fake crying faces to yourselves.

Serious question for SiRen:

If you KNOW the subject matter of the movie and

you KNOW it includes something you are vehemently against (abortion) and

you KNOW it includes the murder of infants born alive and

you KNOW it will make you sad:

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU GO SEE IT?

Also. Stop with the OTT super-sad double-selfie attention-whoring photo.

Fucking hell.

11 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Serious question for SiRen:

If you KNOW the subject matter of the movie and

you KNOW it includes something you are vehemently against (abortion) and

you KNOW it includes the murder of infants born alive and

you KNOW it will make you sad:

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU GO SEE IT?

Also. Stop with the OTT super-sad double-selfie attention-whoring photo.

Fucking hell.

I know your question was retorical, because we all know the answer: To further their anti-choice agenda with their stupid, ridiculous post. ;)

I hadn't heard about this movie, so I just looked it up. Here's a good rundown from Forbes:
Review: 'Gosnell' Is A Feature-Length 'Law & Order' For Conservative Christians

This part is especially apropos, I think:

The movie puts forward the notion that Gosnell's crimes went unchecked for so long because pro-choicers in positions of power didn't want to learn anything that might make abortion look bad, which may have been the case. It also pushes further: as Gosnell's attorney, Searcy at one point describes in detail everything that happens during a "normal" abortion, to make the case that what his client did wasn't significantly morally worse. His pitch is at the audience as much as the movie's jury, but in a reverse-psychology kind of way. "This is what liberals believe," he might as well be saying, "and on the off-chance anyone in the audience is a liberal, this is how horrific you sound to us."

Disgusting.

I don't know which one makes me angrier in that post: the fact that he is a guy and will never have to go through labor/pregnancy/abortion himself (so stay the hell out of this discussion), or that she is a woman and, well...you get the point.

That post disgusts me. They disgust me.

The Instagram post was definitely an attempt to create a following for an anti abortion movie and to prove to their followers how holy and caring he and Lauren are. 

Ugh, so pathetic! It's been very quiet in Duggarland lately, so I was anticipating a (honeymoon) baby announcement soon but this is so much "worse" as far as snark material goes.

Did you guys see the preview? I'm truly surprised they saw it because it was "evil" Catholics who were portraying this pro-life agenda. It also wasn't really traditional abortions he did, he killed various infants when they were full term. He was an actual "baby murderer" as they like to call them. It happened in the city I live close to and it was always playing 24/7 on the news, I can understand that this event both pro-life and pro-choice would agree because he was horrid man but it never made me stop being pro-choice because I can use my brain and realize he wasn't doing traditional abortions, he was killing infants and oftentimes the mothers.

I've seen plenty of selfies of people looking sad for trivial reasons, which usually get mocked for their melodrama. :pb_lol: It's funny to imagine people taking several crying selfies and then picking out the best one to share.

Do they feel that bad about Trump taking babies and little children from their mothers and imprisoning them in cages? 

Yea, I didn't think so. 

The pro-life camp's melodramatic love of fetuses makes me want to hurl. My cousin had her first child at 17 and her second at 20. She pointed out one day that plenty of pro-life people loved her when she was pregnant, but didn't want her babies baptized at the church service (some unnamed families campaigned for the baptisms to be done privately--this in a liberal Lutheran church); and some pro-lifers are there to shower you with newborn clothes and packages of diapers but they are long gone when you have a tantrum throwing kindergartner and a toddler in the hospital with chicken pox. 

That has stuck with me. Where are those people when the babies start growing up? How many single moms who may have aborted do Josiah and Lauren babysit for or help with money or provide other support to?

Oh, wait, they're too busy taking selfies while looking sad about abortion.  

They should of went to see the Kevin Hart version. Would rather see smiles and laughter from a young couple who just got married. World is never going to be the way "they" want.

Do they (the filmmakers or SiRen) think that prochoicers like what Gosnell did or something? So aggravating, all of it: the theatrics, the willful misunderstanding of the situation, the agenda-pushing that will only hurt people.

Oh and I hate sad selfies too.

My mom and her siblings were adopted through Catholic Charities in the sixties. As much as the nuns were against abortion, they apparently discriminated against the kids when they were in Catholic school because they were illegitimate. Totally makes sense. (This is anecdotal, of course, and my uncles were and are assholes which may explain some of it, but apparently they weren't isolated in the unfair treatment.)

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived