IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 11: The Baby Watch Continues

Coconut Flan

yeah, sorry not sorry, i don't care how nice and charitable a person is in their personal life, if they want to take away other women's reproductive freedom they are not going to be the benefit of doubt from me.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do the Swanson’s have a website? I’m interested in their kids names and in general how spaced out they are if that info is even on there 

I’m not sure what people mean by abortion being a black and white issue. For me it kind of is. There are no shades of grey for me. I will always support a woman’s right to choose whether or not she wants to be pregnant. However that pregnancy was conceived. Whatever gestation. I trust women to make the right choices for themselves. Women do not abort late term pregnancies for the heck of it. It should always be between a woman and her doctor and it’s nobody else’s damn business.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:43 AM, Mama Mia said:

That really might vary by area. When I worked with an agency that provided social services for women and kids the one near us provided a large amount of material and practical support to people. This is in California, in a medium size town. They weren’t providing abortions, obviously, but they would try to hook the women up with resources for housing, income, child care, medical care...etc.. they’d provide maternity clothes, diapers, baby things. Sometimes transportation. I know they have a definite focus on preventing abortion, but this one really did try to be a resource to the mom’s long term.

I can imagine there would be a mixture of bad, useless ones and ones which are more like you describe here

1 hour ago, habert said:

Do the Swanson’s have a website? I’m interested in their kids names and in general how spaced out they are if that info is even on there 

Lauren said their names and ages on the show: Lauren (19), Lily (16), David (14), Lydia (11), Daniel (8), Dustin (6), Drew (4), Luci (2), Duke (0)

note: various of them have probably had birthdays since the episode

8 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Lauren said their names and ages on the show: Lauren (19), Lily (16), David (14), Lydia (11), Daniel (8), Dustin (6), Drew (4), Luci (2), Duke (0)

note: various of them have probably had birthdays since the episode

There is also a fundamentalist wikia. Here is the Swanson family: https://fundamentalists.wikia.com/wiki/Swanson_Family

You can also find the Burnetts, Kellers, Caldwells, Seewalds etc on there. 

8 hours ago, seraaa said:

I can imagine there would be a mixture of bad, useless ones and ones which are more like you describe here

Realistically, it might also depend on how easily available abortion is to obtain in their vicinity. It’s probably easier to try to dissuade someone from abortion if going to get one is going to be very hard to get one anyway due to a trip across state, multiple days, and lots of money someone doesn’t have. If you’re in an area with easy access in the same town,  and full funding in most cases,  you’re going to need to throw some tangible supports to conflicted pregnant women who are worried about how to pay for a baby. 

Has there been a baby announcement yet? I haven't been watching or following anything closely. I do know camera crews are at their house today (Josiah and Lauren) and wondered if it was baby related. 

I am pro choice. I believe that a woman has the right to make the choice what is right for her and that choice is hers and hers alone. I struggled for a long time with abortion due to small town culture and never knowing someone who had an abortion. I was a mistake baby and my parents kept me because they had to. There was no choice and lack of choice keeps people in a circle of poverty that they can't get out of.

Sexual Education is truly important and I believe that it should be mandatory. Women have the right to know how their bodies work and not just around periods. Consent, fertility, birth control and all it's options, so on and so forth. Life is not all sex, but making sex taboo has never worked as proper birth control.

I struggle with the abortion issue. It's been ingrained in me since I was a child that it's wrong, and so I've had to really fight to overcome that thinking. I'm currently settled somewhere in the middle where it's grey. It's not perfect, but it's where I'm realistically at. 

4 minutes ago, viii said:

I struggle with the abortion issue. It's been ingrained in me since I was a child that it's wrong, and so I've had to really fight to overcome that thinking. I'm currently settled somewhere in the middle where it's grey. It's not perfect, but it's where I'm realistically at. 

I appreciate your honesty. I was raised Catholic and abortion was a huge "No". And it remains a "no" for me. For me! And that's easy to say for someone who's never been in a situation that required a choice. The pertinent point being that it's a choice, where I live. I would never want to take that choice away from any woman. And I'm glad that I have the choice!

52 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

I appreciate your honesty. I was raised Catholic and abortion was a huge "No". And it remains a "no" for me. For me! And that's easy to say for someone who's never been in a situation that required a choice. The pertinent point being that it's a choice, where I live. I would never want to take that choice away from any woman. And I'm glad that I have the choice!

I think its not so easy to say no unless you are in the situation. Sure some women still say no but others change their minds. One can chose life or choice, but you can't tell others who have different belief systems than you different. Abortion will go on, its been going on for ages. 

Not that we had forgotten but a nice reminder that Lauren is still so freaking young. It’s her first time voting 

31AF836C-E741-4A16-B854-590DC9A3D149.jpeg.e221df186e39e94e3c1cc8c008c2e193.jpeg

2 hours ago, ati_escapee said:

Has there been a baby announcement yet? I haven't been watching or following anything closely. I do know camera crews are at their house today (Josiah and Lauren) and wondered if it was baby related. 

Wait how do you know about the cameras? They haven’t announced yet but I feel it’s coming soon. At least they made it to 4 months of marriage without announcing, so that most likely means no honeymoon baby

JD is getting married in Oklahoma this weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if TLC were filming some last minute wedding related activities at the TTH.

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Every time I see Siduggar, I misread it as "side hugger." I can't be the only one, right?

Not the only one for sure - me too.

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Not that we had forgotten but a nice reminder that Lauren is still so freaking young. It’s her first time voting 

31AF836C-E741-4A16-B854-590DC9A3D149.jpeg.e221df186e39e94e3c1cc8c008c2e193.jpeg

Wait how do you know about the cameras? They haven’t announced yet but I feel it’s coming soon. At least they made it to 4 months of marriage without announcing, so that most likely means no honeymoon baby

Oops, that makes me sound like a stalker, I'm not! My husband saw the cameras while he was working. I don't want to say what he does exactly, but he can see addresses and names, so it was definitely their house. ;) 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

JD is getting married in Oklahoma this weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if TLC were filming some last minute wedding related activities at the TTH.

He didn't see cameras at TTH but did see them as Lauren/Josiah's house. That being said, he has a job and simply drives by so it's not like he is stalking them all day. ?

28 minutes ago, ati_escapee said:

Oops, that makes me sound like a stalker, I'm not! My husband saw the cameras while he was working. I don't want to say what he does exactly, but he can see addresses and names, so it was definitely their house. ;) 

He didn't see cameras at TTH but did see them as Lauren/Josiah's house. That being said, he has a job and simply drives by so it's not like he is stalking them all day. ?

Are they still in the huge weird house? Does your husband happen to know who lived there before? Was it ever a business?

29 minutes ago, ati_escapee said:

Oh, derp! I totally missed the Josiah and Lauren part! Yeah, she could definitely be pregnant, or TLC could just be filming more of their ~newlywed adventures~. TLC loves the 'newly married woman attempts to cook' angle, and now they've got exciting new material: Lauren's gluten free and surely shenanigans will ensue!

I could also see Josiah and Lauren announcing a pregnancy to their families this weekend as everyone will be in one place. Hopefully they don't surprise John and Abbie with a special announcement at their reception.

46 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Are they still in the huge weird house? Does your husband happen to know who lived there before? Was it ever a business?

They do live there, the parents and unmarried kids. We actually just moved here, but I know that they built that house. I think they started it and TLC helped them finish it? That's what I've heard anyway. Someone on here might know more than I do.

43 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Oh, derp! I totally missed the Josiah and Lauren part! Yeah, she could definitely be pregnant, or TLC could just be filming more of their ~newlywed adventures~. TLC loves the 'newly married woman attempts to cook' angle, and now they've got exciting new material: Lauren's gluten free and surely shenanigans will ensue!

I could also see Josiah and Lauren announcing a pregnancy to their families this weekend as everyone will be in one place. Hopefully they don't surprise John and Abbie with a special announcement at their reception.

Lauren is gluten-free? I didn't know being gluten free was exciting. I've been gluten-free for years (Celiac) and I don't have a TV show.? I haven't watched the last few episodes, so I have no idea what is going on.

I really hope they don't make a wedding announcement. Ugh. That is so tacky but very Duggar-like. I work in the wedding industry and that's one of my worst nightmares. 

4 minutes ago, ati_escapee said:

They do live there, the parents and unmarried kids. We actually just moved here, but I know that they built that house. I think they started it and TLC helped them finish it? That's what I've heard anyway. Someone on here might know more than I do.

I think she means the house Josiah and Lauren were shown moving into on the show.

How are you liking NWA so far?

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

I think she means the house Josiah and Lauren were shown moving into on the show.

How are you liking NWA so far?

Oops, I wasn't even thinking about that! No, I think they moved in before we moved here. I know they live fairly far from the rest of the family, at least far for Duggar's. Not Jinger-far, but not close. I've never been over there. I run my business out of Branson and I saw the Duggar's plenty of times when I lived there. I don't know if they still visit Branson a lot, but they used to. Not interested in driving by their houses now, lol. 

I like NWA so far! My kids go to a great school, so I am happy about that. I am having to drive quite a bit for work, so that's a pain. Otherwise, I can't complain. I like living close to Whole Foods, I haven't lived close to one since I lived in CA and that's been years ago. ;)

10 hours ago, viii said:

I grew up similarly and I just think of abortion being wrong for myself personally but other people have the right to make thier own decisions of which are no more or less valid than my own.

I think abortion is wrong for me personally, but I think it should be accessible and safe, as should birth control options     like the pill, diaphragm, etc... and I think the decision to abort is a woman's alone, and it is between her and her conscience, her Deity, what have you.

Being pro choice means you accept all choices and believe that the ultimate decision is left up to the mother, whose body, health and life have to incur the side effects of growing another being. Pro choice never limits options. Pro choice is not synonymous with pro abortion or anti-life.

Pro choices= respects and accepts all outcomes

Pro life= only accepts and respects 1 outcome.

The vast majority are not pro-life as many people place "conditions" on that status (pro innocent life, pro life except in X, Y, Z cases). Conditions= choices. Placing conditions means you are pro choice.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived