IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 11: The Baby Watch Continues

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, is.it.real said:

I would say she’s into a juvenile, girly, pastel, color scheme. Cute but very blah.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Yeah, I also went through that phase (later than I like to admit!). The remnants of it is still prevalent to some degree in my current house (as the kitchen table)... I do not think Hubs would approve. Well, he does not always approve of my interior choices now either, soooo....

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mainly see an overload of jeans skirts.

I still wonder where they buy those since I haven't seen them in store since 2000.

12 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I still wonder where they buy those since I haven't seen them in store since 2000.

Thrift stores, or I think they make their own.  I have no idea where I saw it now, but one of these families had a tutorial on making denim skirts from jeans. 

35 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

They’ve been back in style for a while now - you can find them pretty much anywhere. 

3 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

They’ve been back in style for a while now - you can find them pretty much anywhere. 

Then I must have missed them. Maybe it is different here in Europe but I don't think I know anyone who owns one. Maybe some shorter ones but not the style they wear.

21 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

Lauren's baby shower Pinterest board has some new pins added to it as of today..... hmmmmm

Must get very boring at home as a homemaker when there's only two people. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think she mentioned doing any sort of work after marriage. 

But yeah, all aboard the speculation train :my_biggrin:

it is inevitable that she will be pregnant at some point (baring any fertility issues) and most likely several times, and besides what else does she have to do? 

24 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

it is inevitable that she will be pregnant at some point (baring any fertility issues) and most likely several times, and besides what else does she have to do? 

Gazing at her husband and making him a ‘sandwich’

On 9/6/2018 at 5:49 PM, Daisy0322 said:

That's what I was thinking. Even if she's pregnant it's pretty early to start talking babyshower. I would think she'd be pinning cute announcements idea, "gender" reveal party decor, or first trimester hacks/tips.

Plus it’s usually your friends / family who plan your baby shower - so it could be a shower for virtually anyone in her circle.

I wonder if these two will have a name theme for their kids, since both of them come from families with letter name themes...

1 minute ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I wonder if these two will have a name theme for their kids, since both of them come from families with letter name themes...

I could see them being super cheesy and using the opposite of the Swanson theme - So L for boys and D for girls :my_biggrin:

48 minutes ago, PuttingTheFunInFundies said:

I could see them being super cheesy and using the opposite of the Swanson theme - So L for boys and D for girls :my_biggrin:

Or J for girls and L for boys:

Julia, Jemma, Jacinda, twins Josephine and Jeraldine as per Some Like It Hot joke with Jinger-ish spelling

Levi, Logan, Louis, Lawrence, Leo

Had a look at her Pinterest boards. Now I am a bit shocked. Most of the clothing is just what I would call normal clothing (just missing the pants/jeans and some short shorts for summer). If that is modest I must be rather modest too and I never thought I am. Maybe because with the size of my chest and hips everything looks a bit more sexy (which is kind of annoying as many styles are out of the question with a figure like this)? Almost all her pinned outfits are fitted and emphasising the hip/ass/waist. 

Can’t they stay in frumpers and long jeans skirts to make it easier to detect them? You know, so you can change street sides instead of talking to them to figure out that something is wrong. 

Had a look at her Pinterest boards. Now I am a bit shocked. Most of the clothing is just what I would call normal clothing (just missing the pants/jeans and some short shorts for summer). If that is modest I must be rather modest too and I never thought I am. Maybe because with the size of my chest and hips everything looks a bit more sexy (which is kind of annoying as many styles are out of the question with a figure like this)? Almost all her pinned outfits are fitted and emphasising the hip/ass/waist. 
Can’t they stay in frumpers and long jeans skirts to make it easier to detect them? You know, so you can change street sides instead of talking to them to figure out that something is wrong. 
I mean, maybe girl likes her ass. More power to her!

6 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:
6 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Read more  

I mean, maybe girl likes her ass. More power to her!

Definitely! I was just surprised.

I haven't looked at her Pinterest board for more than a couple seconds, so I'm not sure if this applies, but a lot of people will pin an outfit based on one element of it alone and not change the caption to say "Love this sweater!" or whatever. Like, if there's an outfit with a sweater and cardigan and then tight jeans, she may just be pinning it for the sweater and/or cardigan and would wear it with a jean skirt. I forget, have we seen Lauren or her family in pants?

Honestly Most Fundamentalists Christians are not wearing frumpers or Little house cast offs anymore. The young ones want to look like everyone else just more covered because it makes them seemingly more relatable to the people they want convert.  

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Honestly Most Fundamentalists Christians are not wearing frumpers or Little house cast offs anymore. The young ones want to look like everyone else just more covered because it makes them seemingly more relatable to the people they want convert.  

True. "Modern modesty" and fashionable modesty is very in, from what I see.

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Yep! Only the really extreme separatists wear frumpers these days. Lots of younger fundie girls now a days want to be modest but pretty. I think  it helps that there are a lot of companies catering to this. Also fundie instagram influencers exist. Lauren has a lot of pins from one IG influencer Courtney Toliver Guthrie.

That’s why the Maxwell girls won’t get husbands. No Fundies short  of actual cult members act or dress the way they do anymore. An older widower maybe with 9 half grown kids who just needs a bedmate and and housekeeper and does not care about clothes or makeup at best.

I think some of it is a conscious choice for conversion purposes (think Jill and the nose ring and sudden switch to jeans when they were trying to relate to college kids). But I also think a lot of it is kids/young adults wanting to be a little "normal" and fashionable. When they go to the grocery store with their mom they don't want to be a spectacle of 6 people in matching nightgown-looking frumpers. And now that frumpers are totally on the outs even within their own community they'd feel like outcasts even at church wearing that instead of something more Modern Modest.

12 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

That’s why the Maxwell girls won’t get husbands. No Fundies short  of actual cult members act or dress the way they do anymore. An older widower maybe with 9 half grown kids who just needs a bedmate and and housekeeper and does not care about clothes or makeup at best.

I have a friend from high school who is a fundie. Her daughter dresses in frumpers/long denim dresses or skirts/prairie-style dresses. Her sons wear only pants/button-down or polo shirts.

One of her sons just proposed to a fundie girl who also wears frumpers. (They also had a courtship prior to this.)

They're not in any "cult" per se - they're fundamentalist pentecostals (which may be considered a cult, by some). 

I think any religion/sect is capable of being considered a cult. 

On 9/7/2018 at 5:57 AM, is.it.real said:

I would say she’s into a juvenile, girly, pastel, color scheme. Cute but very blah.

Took a peek at her boards... it’s actually a lot of farmhouse pins/ Joanna Gains inspired style. Shiplap, farmhouse tables, white interiors, hand lettering... all the super trendy rustic stuff. The Duggar girls can’t get enough of Joanna from what I can tell...

I saw the thread title and thought "So she has already announced she's pregnant? Why do (almost) all the Duggars get pregnant so fast?" :P

But apparently no news yet? I haven't watched their wedding so I don't know the context, but are they even allowed to say "if we have children", aren't they supposed to say they want as many as possible? Anyways, she'll probably be pregnant soon if she isn't already. 

I've been thinking a lot about the black and white thinking that you discussed in the last thread and realized I used to see especially alcohol and drugs but also to some extent sex as either or. My somewhat conservative Christian upbringing did only fuel that. I thought you'd get drunk of very, very little alcohol and was very afraid of drinking anything for the longest time, not even wanting to take a sip or eat liquor filled candy. I thought the options were either 100% abstinence or getting absolutely hammered, becoming addicted to it and passing out on park benches in the middle of the night. To be fair my country has a problem with alcohol, we don't take a glass of wine with dinner like civilized Europeans, we drink to get drunk and alcohol related crimes are a big problem here. I've seen my fair share of drunk people in public throughout my life and they used to scare me. I thought if I drank any alcohol I'd be like them. 

But as I've grown up I've gotten a more relaxed approach, I usually drink something at parties and it doesn't make me a bad person. I joke around that I drink more at one academic dinner party (1-2 beers, 1 glass of wine, 1 shot of vodka) than the rest of my family drink in a year, and still I'm not a big drinker, especially not when compared to other students. The alcohol culture at our university might not be the healthiest... It is interesting though how I used to see drinking or smoking as a moral failure and something I'd never do. I also thought people would pressure you or even force you to drink/smoke/take drugs but that has never happened to me. Furthermore I unfortunately used to see myself as better and more moral than the other teenagers because I didn't drink, didn't have sex etc. Sigh. (Also it's easy to not drink when your unpopular ass is never invited to a party, and easy to not have sex when you are not attracted to the opposite sex at all and they were the only real opportunity the small, conservative bubble I used to live in.) 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived