IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Soulhuntress said:

Tattooed colored haired happy fat people.   

I volunteer as tribute to help enlighten these people.  (very bad) Picture of my current sewing project under the spoiler.  New born gowns for my future yet to be conceived kiddo.  

Spoiler

41594623_296528567805725_941265327281405952_n.thumb.jpg.aa6f7ab9d016e32f6d43eeee35a31022.jpg

1 hour ago, LovelyLuna said:

I volunteer as tribute to help enlighten these people.  (very bad) Picture of my current sewing project under the spoiler.  New born gowns for my future yet to be conceived kiddo.  

Hide contents

41594623_296528567805725_941265327281405952_n.thumb.jpg.aa6f7ab9d016e32f6d43eeee35a31022.jpg

The unicorn saturn space one is my fav!!!

Everything else aside, who would want to drink with these people? Ugh. I cannot imagine a more unpleasant group to get buzzed with.

6 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Everything else aside, who would want to drink with these people? Ugh. I cannot imagine a more unpleasant group to get buzzed with.

I would not mind at all. I am often the only sober person in drunken groups so I know the “types.” I bet there are quite a few in that group that have “loose lips” when drinking. I would just sit back, and listen all night long. I would collect so much info. ?

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would not mind at all. I am often the only sober person in drunken groups so I know the “types.” I bet there are quite a few in that group that have “loose lips” when drinking. I would just sit back, and listen all night long. I would collect so much info. ?

That’s a legit angle. Know your enemy and take advantage :D 

10 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

That’s a legit angle. Know your enemy and take advantage :D 

Why does no one else see(the other members of the congregation) that she only surrounds herself with the wealthy people it appears. Instead of surrounding yourself with the most Godly or knowledgeable, or nicest people, its only the people that have something she can benefit from that she surrounds herself/seems to trust. I wonder what that prenup looked like. I wonder if David got bullied from here to eternity to not spill the secrets? 

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, sajetime said:

This video — involving problem drinking and leadership children — from a You Can Overshow last spring is totally alarming.

Quick summary: This man and wife are both children of leaders and in their mid to upper 20s. He is shamed into confessing gets to testify that he was hiding a serious alcohol problem. He got caught when he disgraced his leadership families embarrassed himself in a drunken incident during a church vacay. (Start around minute 8.)

He says he is white-knuckling it has not had a drink in 30 days and is basically claiming it’s a miracle from Gwen God. Like he’s basically all healed. The title is even called Change Your Life in 30 Days!

Anyone familiar with recovery knows  a successful 30 days is very significant first step, BUT it’s just a start. Most will go on to drink again, especially if they don’t have a solid sobriety plan in place.

Eek 30 days isn't a lot. It's a great place to start but the physical withdrawal symptoms and effects go on much longer than that. let alone the social and emotional problems. I'm a long time opiate addict. I used from the time I was 17/18 until 2 1/2 years ago, I just turned 30. I had very brief periods of sobriety but that's all they were, times where I wasn't using, definitely wasn't in recovery and in no way shape or form would I tell addicts to follow my path. It took over a year in intensive outpatient/medication assisted treatment (methadone clinic) for me to get where I am today as well as hard core psych support and meds (I have very severe Bipolar 1 with manic psychosis without meds it's not uncommon for me to not sleep for weeks to a month and be found doing things like walking barefoot in the middle of the night in the winter talking to my self)

Addiction is no joke. It really concerns me about the way this cult handles alcohol addiction. It's one of two substances that withdrawal can and will kill you without medical help.

44 minutes ago, zee_four said:

It took over a year in intensive outpatient/medication assisted treatment (methadone clinic) for me to get where I am today as well as hard core psych support and meds (I have very severe Bipolar 1 with manic psychosis without meds it's not uncommon for me to not sleep for weeks to a month and be found doing things like walking barefoot in the middle of the night in the winter talking to my self)

Addiction is no joke. It really concerns me about the way this cult handles alcohol addiction. It's one of two substances that withdrawal can and will kill you without medical help.

Well at Remnant, outpatient assisted treatment/medication for an addiction issue wouldn't work.  Neither would your meds for any psych issues.  Those are basically mocked by Gwen and Remnant.  

Instead you'd be told to listen to another online class and Gwen would tell you to "get off yourself and focus up".  That's about all the help an opiate addict (or any other kind of addict) would get at Remnant.  So yea, you'd probably be dead by now if you went there.  That's their fruit.

I found a hardback copy of the Weigh Down book at an estate sale today.  It came home with me, but it's either going to be shredded or tossed into the recycle bin.  Unless anybody else here wants it!  I just wanted to keep it out of anyone else's hands, like I did with Created to be His Helpmeet.  I have no intention to read it, but it was apparently a gift from a daughter to her mother based on the hand written inscription on the inside of the book.

Why does anyone think this is acceptable for the leader of a church to wear in front of her congregation? I mean, I understand if you're on vacation but for her age and position this just does not seem appropriate.

2018-09-13 22.16.49.png

What is with the cross body bag ALL.THE.TIME? Is there nowhere she can put her purse off stage? WTF is she hiding in there that she can't ever put it down? 

Alternate theory: She's so underweight that this is the only way to make it look like she has breasts.

On 9/8/2018 at 10:14 PM, SJWaterford said:

http://store.weighdown.com/Remnant-HomeSchool-Co-op-Registration-20172018-P2707.aspx

Authorization and Release Video and Audio Recording and Photography 

I understand that the above-named child(ren) will participate in activities on property owned or leased by the Remnant Fellowship, and that some/all of these activities may be recorded via video, audio, or photography for future inclusion in any variety of materials produced by Remnant Fellowship or Weigh Down Ministries. I hereby grant Remnant Fellowship and Weigh Down Ministries the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to utilize my child(ren)’s appearance, testimony, voice, or any reproduction thereof in connection with produced materials in any and all manner and media. I agree that Remnant Fellowship and Weigh Down Ministries will own the copyright of any materials produced. I expressly release Remnant Fellowship and Weigh Down Ministries, as well as their owners, operators, agents, employees, licensees, and assigns from and against any and all claims – past, present, and future --- which my child may have for invasion of privacy, defamation, personal injury or other cause of action arising out of the production, distribution, and/or broadcast of materials produced by these agents.      

1) Why would a homeschool co-op need to utilize any childs appearance, testimony or voice for any materials? They aren't advertising the homeschool co-op, so it's not like they need a billboard or video. 

2) Can a parent waive the childrens right to invasion of privacy or defamation, personal injury? Any why would an umbrella homeschool situation ever have cause to defame or invade the privacy of it's student?

3) Funny how further down they make sure to specifically name the Shamblin family as who could not be held accountable if you sign this piece of paper. (So is Joe a Shamblin now? or is she a Lara?)

I find it disturbing that homeschooled children in Williamson county do not have to register with Williamson County Schools if under the umbrella of a church organization. 

Wow, this release is crazy town. I'm a homeschooler in Williamson County and this is not how most homeschoolers around here do co-ops. Most are a couple of families who have a similar homeschool style, similar needs, and different skill sets to fit needs. Not to brainwash for a cult. 

As far as the umbrella school, it's state wide and it's pretty standard; we aren't the only state. As far as registering with Williamson County Schools, we personally chose not to. Registered with a school district, my children would be required to take the yearly standardized tests. And WCS is hard core about it, which is one of the many we pulled our children from them. My kids are registered with a local private school and get to spend time with those kids and play sports with them. 

Reading over that, I'd say Remnant Co-Op is an example of crazy people ruining it for the rest of us.  

14 hours ago, BeyondtheLookingGlass said:

Why does anyone think this is acceptable for the leader of a church to wear in front of her congregation? I mean, I understand if you're on vacation but for her age and position this just does not seem appropriate.

2018-09-13 22.16.49.png

Why is she dressed like every girl at a Bat Mitzvah in 2007? 

15 hours ago, BeyondtheLookingGlass said:

2018-09-13 22.16.49.png

Is she wearing Spanx? Why let them show? 

I was scrolling thru my facebook feed last night, and Gwen popped up.  A barely casual friend (who probably has no idea Gwen is) happened to post this.  When I saw it last night, there were about 900,000 views.  By the time I had a minute to post this today, the views are up to 1.1 million.  Gwen has gone viral.

https://www.facebook.com/mouthbreather/videos/462091584260488/

If only these 1.1 million viewers knew this video is nothing compared to what Gwen has become today and how much destruction she has caused in people's lives.

For perspective, this video is about 20 years old.  Before Gwen even started Remnant and took things to a whole other level of craziness.

1 hour ago, DaisyD said:

Alternate theory: She's so underweight that this is the only way to make it look like she has breasts.

If you look at older photos of her and then look at recent photos, she has clearly had her boobs done since just before her engagement. 

39 minutes ago, BeyondtheLookingGlass said:

If you look at older photos of her and then look at recent photos, she has clearly had her boobs done since just before her engagement. 

That wouldn’t surprise me at all. Gwen is like nine years older than Joe, right? Maybe she’s feeling the age difference and wanted to make her boobs look younger. 

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That wouldn’t surprise me at all. Gwen is like nine years older than Joe, right? Maybe she’s feeling the age difference and wanted to make her boobs look younger. 

I'm seriously doubting anything physical is happening.......lol, if you listen to some inside sources/gossip. 

That video montage of Gwen was posted today in a group I'm in and I got worried Facespace was spying on me. Gwen's almost Diet Crazy in that video, compared to Full Calorie Crazy like she is now. Diet Crazy is your perfectly average 90's church lady with biggish hair. Full Calorie Crazy is a spiderlash/rat's nest combo. 

12 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

I'm seriously doubting anything physical is happening.......lol, if you listen to some inside sources/gossip. 

Are you implying that there is no copulation between the corpses? :brainbleach:  I'll see myself out. ?

9 hours ago, bea said:

Forget the hair, I can’t get over her too-pale unblended foundation.

A little contouring and good foundation would take years off that skeletal face.

Exactly, who could get it up for that? 

I know, so catty. But I get that way after a nice relaxing weekend away from the BS and then instantly have to reengage when I get home. Sometimes overwhelming. So I take it back. I hope they are having the worst sex of their lives!

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived