IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen 34: Lens Flare Photo with the Grandkids

choralcrusader8613

If I was given a CD by Michelle, I would throw it into the microwave. Kids these days will never experience the joy of having a free AOL CD come in the mail so  it can be nuked. No microwaves were harmed in the process.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, rosary said:

I HATE the little ones stage presence. I cannot stand her singing and her fake voice. The child was raised in show business and is used to being the star miracle child. She seems to have more attention than the other kids. I hate her cutesy tutesy-ness. Its just so extra. She is kind of old to be acting like a little princess.  This poor child gets on my nerves.  She is the baby and can get away with anything. None of this is the kids fault. Maybe she would be okay if she could get away from her parents. I think she is the moms favorite because she actually had to raise her. I don't know how smart she is because all I see is a blonde camera hog.

I was planning to just ignore this, but fuck that.

Josie isn’t even 9 years old yet. She is a child who has had absolutely no say in how public her life has been nor in how her parents have favored her over her siblings. She is a product and victim of her childhood and her shitty parents in the same way her siblings are and that isn’t her fucking fault. The fact that you’d say such nasty things about a child is absolutely disgusting.

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

The fact that you’d say such nasty things about a child is absolutely disgusting.

Yeah, kids are off-limits to me. That post is foul. I can't stand the Duggars, but kids are kids and don't deserve vitriol directed towards them.

6 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

If I was given a CD by Michelle, I would throw it into the microwave. Kids these days will never experience the joy of having a free AOL CD come in the mail so  it can be nuked. No microwaves were harmed in the process.

I really want a long version of this to play for ambiance like a TV yule log.

8 hours ago, rosary said:

I HATE the little ones stage presence. I cannot stand her singing and her fake voice. The child was raised in show business and is used to being the star miracle child. She seems to have more attention than the other kids. I hate her cutesy tutesy-ness. Its just so extra. She is kind of old to be acting like a little princess.  This poor child gets on my nerves.  She is the baby and can get away with anything. None of this is the kids fault. Maybe she would be okay if she could get away from her parents. I think she is the moms favorite because she actually had to raise her. I don't know how smart she is because all I see is a blonde camera hog.

Who pissed in your Cheerios? She’s a kid. She would be in the 3rd grade. Do you talk about other kids this way?  

9 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

I have only owned a microwave for about two months sometime in early 1994. Not before, not since.  I haven't wanted one, even when I think how convenient it would be to heat one mug of tea at a time, or leftovers.  Even when my chiropractor explains the importance of using a hot pack on sore muscles after specific exercises.

But THIS.  This makes me want a microwave!  :my_tongue:  Hypnotic and baffling and so cool!

4 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

I have only owned a microwave for about two months sometime in early 1994. Not before, not since.  I haven't wanted one, even when I think how convenient it would be to heat one mug of tea at a time, or leftovers.  Even when my chiropractor explains the importance of using a hot pack on sore muscles after specific exercises.

But THIS.  This makes me want a microwave!  :my_tongue:  Hypnotic and baffling and so cool!

Huh, that's unusual, though Kellyanne Conway would approve!

3 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Uh, thanks, I think?  

Actually, knowing THAT makes me want one too! ?

20 hours ago, rosary said:

None of this is the kids fault. 

I really think this is the sort of attitude that you should have towards Josie, rather than the other stuff you said about her. 

8 minutes ago, viii said:

I really think this is the sort of attitude that you should have towards Josie, rather than the other stuff you said about her. 

Quite.  Looks like someone has wandered onto the wrong forum.  :(

I'm glad to see that self-moderation on FJ is still working well in controlling unfair and unpleasant criticism of children.  Comments like that are not snark; they are pure meaness.  We are much better than that.

I'm off to dust a ceiling fan now.  Carry on.

Now I have a (not) so wonderful picture in my head of Kellyanne sitting mesmerised in front of a microwave looking for Russians in the light flashes ftom the CD. Similar to Sirus Black appearing to Harry in the fireplace!

6 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Spoiler

IMG_0833.thumb.JPG.3f027a757163e4b0f56b6464f33d09ab.jpg.c890aa9d38ca74f339f0cde339de0f54.jpg

Is not owning a microwave really that unusual? I haven’t had one for five years because I moved into an apartment of my own for the first time and decided to only buy household items as I felt I really needed them. I was surprised how little I missed it, and pleased when I noticed how much it encouraged me to improve my eating habits - I’d never before noticed just how many unhealthy convenience foods there are, and not having a microwave cut my junk food consumption by at least half, if not more. Leftovers also taste better when reheated on the stove or in the oven. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to using one, unless I end up moving somewhere that has one built in.  

I'm team no microwave. Haven't had one in 4 years, though the initial reason was lack of kitchen space. I've learned so much about cooking just from figuring out how to reheat stuff without the microwave. It's been worth it for that reason.

We would get a microwave if we had a baby though- Mr. Knees thinks it's indispensable in those early years. I wouldn't mind getting a toaster oven myself.

So pleased to know I'm not the only one who chooses fewer appliances/gadgets and that one does not have to believe the illuminati are spying on me through them to make that choice! :lol:

(no offense to the illuminati I hope ☺️)

The following commentary is based solely on watching the scene of Josie recording the end of the Star Spangled Banner:

The child has some lovely pure soprano notes and she would absolutely thrive in a quality classical children’s choir (not a typical church choir where it’s cute to be loud and off key). She popped out that high A as clear as a bell. A good choir director would help her get rid of the scooping and sliding that kids do when they’re imitating pop singers. She has potential, but she’s not a soloist at all. 

I have a 9yo who sings rings around her, honestly, and there’s no way I would consider him ready for the general public.

I cannot imagine life without a microwave, have had one for thirty years. Mine doubles as a range hood, takes up no counter space. They are so inexpensive now, really no reason not to have one. It's just another convenient tool, that's all. Without it, I would need a toaster oven, not heating up the big stove to reheat a dinner plate. I have no interest in food processors, instant pots, and other gadgets though. I learned that you just have to find space for these things and they are extra stuff to clean.

1 hour ago, Abstract said:

I have a 9yo who sings rings around her, honestly, and there’s no way I would consider him ready for the general public.

But I bet if Jana was your daughter you wouldn’t consider her a concert pianist either.

These people don’t live in the real world. 

19 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

But I bet if Jana was your daughter you wouldn’t consider her a concert pianist either.

I haven’t heard Jana play. Jinger could have at the very least gone to a small Christian college for a piano performance degree based on a video clip I saw.

I'm on team microwave. I get home late every day from classes, why would I spend 45 minutes heating leftovers up in the oven when I could spend 5 minutes heating it up in the microwave? Too hungry for that. 

Plus, I often have egg casserole muffins for breakfast, I can't even imagine how long they would take to heat up in the oven, vs 3 minutes in the microwave. When I wake up I'm hungry, don't wanna stare at my oven for ages, just wanna eat. 

12 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Back when I first started getting into fundie-watching I would watch clips of the families/kids that were touted as "musicians"...every single time they weren't real concert quality. They range from underwhelming to hilariously bad. There might have been one family, I forget which one, that was decent. Jana was good enough to be a soloist in a high school concert, that kind of thing. Which is good! But certainly far from "concert pianist," and it shows the kind of fantasy world these people live in.

Was it the Duggars who used to have their daughters play the harp? I can't believe I'm forgetting this - it was the family with all the daughters playing the harp that actually got me into fundies. I was still a harpist at the time and was super excited to see a family full of other harpists. ?

As a musician, though, one of the only things I appreciate about fundie families is the importance they seem to put on music. I just wish they'd let them explore the art more rather than keeping them in one little musical box!

@Eponine off topic but I have a friend who plays the harp and I remember a social media post about there being a difference between a harpist and a Harper. I don’t remember her explanation but have you ever heard of these terms? Just curious.

15 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I have no interest in food processors

This I couldn't live without.  I have two recipes for which having one saves me sooo much time it's worth every inch of space it takes up.

Also can't imagine not having a microwave for just heating things up.  I'm of the less is more when it comes to appliances, but that food processor and I have a deep and abiding love.

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This I couldn't live without.  I have two recipes for which having one saves me sooo much time it's worth every inch of space it takes up.

Also can't imagine not having a microwave for just heating things up.  I'm of the less is more when it comes to appliances, but that food processor and I have a deep and abiding love.

I donated my food processor, didn't like having to clean the blades/attachments or store them. I have a hand chopper and I use a pizza cutter to dice veggies sometimes. My kitchen shears are used daily. I invested in good knives too. I am a kitchen person and used to get every gadget as soon as it came out until I got tired of finding space for seldom used items that were of singular purpose.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived