IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5; Pregnant, but Still Waiting to Read about the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

On 10/13/2018 at 7:14 AM, SoConfused said:

Does anyone follow Chelsy on IG? I foolishly requested, but since my bio is that of an animal rescuer singing the praises of spaying/neutering, shockingly was not invited. 

❤️ I work i a few of our local shelters/humane societies and am all about the spaying and neutering! I only have one pup right now, he's a big old German Sheppard who was in a kennel without food or water for at least 2 1/2 weeks after his owner died before anyone realized it. His brother dog with him passed away. He's been a lot of work because he was so traumatized and he doesn't get along with other dogs really anymore. He scarred my brother's Weimie rescue for life when he bit him on the head. He's getting better but he tries to eat small dogs when he sees them. He's the world biggest suck and such a sweetie with all people just dogs he's having problems with. We're working on it, it's like a step forward, a step backwards. It's been 1 1/2 years and he's gotten along with like 2 dogs total. 

I did just pick up an abandoned dog while I was in another little mountain town about 2 hours away from mine (closer distance wise maybe like 50 miles straight shot but with mountain roads) It was 4 am, below freezing, had snowed and I Saw this old black lab digging in the garbage for about 30 minutes, covered in dirt, shaking. He came to my car when I called, he had no collar or tags. I fed him and gave him water, brushed him off and he hopped right in my little Jetta curled up on the blanket warm and went to sleep. I asked some of the small businesses on Main Street if they'd seen him or knew his owners and got nothing. I tried the county shelter it's a small volunteer run one and it was closed being early Sunday morning. I left a message for them and the town marshall, also closed. I took him with me because on the way home there's a Petsmart in one of the towns I drive through that would be open Sunday so I could see if he had a microchip.

I'd driven like 2 hours (I too the back way which is more like a 3 1/2 hour drive)  all the way over one of the tiny mountain passes when the volunteer calls (I' hard of hearing so I used relay on mu phone pretty much the person talks normal and there's n operator who types what they say and says what I type, it's like texting almost for me) He's freaking out saying it's illegal for me to take dogs out of town limits, it's illegal for me to get him scanned for a microchip, etc. etc. I told him was registered with our state as a shelter employee and I work at a few mountain shelters in my area and I had never heard of any of that, and that I was following guidelines for returning lost animals set by the American Humane Society and followed by the Colorado chapter. He said all I legally could have done was fed him and leave him outside in the below freezing mountain temps. He demanded I bring it back immediately. I checked in with my friends that are actual employees at other shelters including the main ones with the state and the CO Humane Society and they thought that was weird. As I was driving back after stopping at home so about 3-4 hours later he said the owners were found and furious and losing their shit and I need to be there ASAP. Then he said he'd give them my info to meet me on the side of the road to give the dog back, this is in a really really rural area of the south central Colorado mountains, I said absolutely not, especially being HoH. I dropped him off at a shelter on the way that was open, I told them the whole story and they were concerned but legally we had to return the dog. But at least this shelter makes both people dropping dogs off and picking them up fill out tons of forms and give their license to be copies. I didn't trust the local shelter volunteer to have properly vouched for the angry owners.  I adopted a dog once I found, a tiny old blind Jack Russel, matted, off in a neighborhood in the mountains that's wilderness really and coyote and mountain lion central. The local shelter said she'd been brought in 3 times already neglected and if the owners didn't retrieve her within a week I could legally adopt her. I wanted a paper trail similar for this dog if at all possible. Even after they knew this the town marshall himself started texting me all pissed off, saying how dare I take dogs around the state it wasn't abandoned or a stray blah blah blah. I said I had pictures to show the state he was in and stopped by my local bigger county sheriff's office to triple check what I had done and was all clear. Ugh.

Other than the neglected dog OFC the thing that pissed me off most is the cop, shelter volunteer and I assume the owners, were trying to stay I was some city girl who didn't understand mountain culture and it's okay for dogs to wander around, no tags, no collar, no microchip, in the middle of the night in the freezing cold. HELL NO. 1) I'm a born and raised Colorado mountain native, been here my whole life (since I was a baby but I had other family living here long before most people in these towns are transplants pretending to be locals. But that's beside the point. If they were true locals they'd realize there is NOTHING cool or laid back about leaving your animals in such a condition. Mountain culture is NOT neglecting your animals. It still makes me so furious. This was just the other week. Ugh.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/15/2018 at 11:37 AM, zee_four said:

❤️ I work i a few of our local shelters/humane societies and am all about the spaying and neutering! I only have one pup right now, he's a big old German Sheppard who was in a kennel without food or water for at least 2 1/2 weeks after his owner died before anyone realized it. His brother dog with him passed away. He's been a lot of work because he was so traumatized and he doesn't get along with other dogs really anymore. He scarred my brother's Weimie rescue for life when he bit him on the head. He's getting better but he tries to eat small dogs when he sees them. He's the world biggest suck and such a sweetie with all people just dogs he's having problems with. We're working on it, it's like a step forward, a step backwards. It's been 1 1/2 years and he's gotten along with like 2 dogs total. 

I did just pick up an abandoned dog while I was in another little mountain town about 2 hours away from mine (closer distance wise maybe like 50 miles straight shot but with mountain roads) It was 4 am, below freezing, had snowed and I Saw this old black lab digging in the garbage for about 30 minutes, covered in dirt, shaking. He came to my car when I called, he had no collar or tags. I fed him and gave him water, brushed him off and he hopped right in my little Jetta curled up on the blanket warm and went to sleep. I asked some of the small businesses on Main Street if they'd seen him or knew his owners and got nothing. I tried the county shelter it's a small volunteer run one and it was closed being early Sunday morning. I left a message for them and the town marshall, also closed. I took him with me because on the way home there's a Petsmart in one of the towns I drive through that would be open Sunday so I could see if he had a microchip.

I'd driven like 2 hours (I too the back way which is more like a 3 1/2 hour drive)  all the way over one of the tiny mountain passes when the volunteer calls (I' hard of hearing so I used relay on mu phone pretty much the person talks normal and there's n operator who types what they say and says what I type, it's like texting almost for me) He's freaking out saying it's illegal for me to take dogs out of town limits, it's illegal for me to get him scanned for a microchip, etc. etc. I told him was registered with our state as a shelter employee and I work at a few mountain shelters in my area and I had never heard of any of that, and that I was following guidelines for returning lost animals set by the American Humane Society and followed by the Colorado chapter. He said all I legally could have done was fed him and leave him outside in the below freezing mountain temps. He demanded I bring it back immediately. I checked in with my friends that are actual employees at other shelters including the main ones with the state and the CO Humane Society and they thought that was weird. As I was driving back after stopping at home so about 3-4 hours later he said the owners were found and furious and losing their shit and I need to be there ASAP. Then he said he'd give them my info to meet me on the side of the road to give the dog back, this is in a really really rural area of the south central Colorado mountains, I said absolutely not, especially being HoH. I dropped him off at a shelter on the way that was open, I told them the whole story and they were concerned but legally we had to return the dog. But at least this shelter makes both people dropping dogs off and picking them up fill out tons of forms and give their license to be copies. I didn't trust the local shelter volunteer to have properly vouched for the angry owners.  I adopted a dog once I found, a tiny old blind Jack Russel, matted, off in a neighborhood in the mountains that's wilderness really and coyote and mountain lion central. The local shelter said she'd been brought in 3 times already neglected and if the owners didn't retrieve her within a week I could legally adopt her. I wanted a paper trail similar for this dog if at all possible. Even after they knew this the town marshall himself started texting me all pissed off, saying how dare I take dogs around the state it wasn't abandoned or a stray blah blah blah. I said I had pictures to show the state he was in and stopped by my local bigger county sheriff's office to triple check what I had done and was all clear. Ugh.

Other than the neglected dog OFC the thing that pissed me off most is the cop, shelter volunteer and I assume the owners, were trying to stay I was some city girl who didn't understand mountain culture and it's okay for dogs to wander around, no tags, no collar, no microchip, in the middle of the night in the freezing cold. HELL NO. 1) I'm a born and raised Colorado mountain native, been here my whole life (since I was a baby but I had other family living here long before most people in these towns are transplants pretending to be locals. But that's beside the point. If they were true locals they'd realize there is NOTHING cool or laid back about leaving your animals in such a condition. Mountain culture is NOT neglecting your animals. It still makes me so furious. This was just the other week. Ugh.

You rock! you rock! You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I heart you so much and thank you for being a voice for those who have none. ..the animals!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked at pictures of John and Chelsy on her family’s blog about the family homeschooling camp and they look so happy. It is nice for John to mingle and get to know a wider range of people than he did growing up. He got to play sports. I know J&C will continue being super conservative and fundy, but I imagine their kids will have a few more opportunities than John did growing up. 

On 10/15/2018 at 2:37 PM, zee_four said:

You're a much better person than I am.  I'd just take the animal and fuck whoever got pissed off.

1 hour ago, Markie said:

I looked at pictures of John and Chelsy on her family’s blog about the family homeschooling camp and they look so happy. It is nice for John to mingle and get to know a wider range of people than he did growing up. He got to play sports. I know J&C will continue being super conservative and fundy, but I imagine their kids will have a few more opportunities than John did growing up. 

I'll bet the Maxwells at the borg just sat at home all pissy like Cinderella's evil stepsisters.  Ha ha!

I was a little surprised none of the younger Maxwell families attended the Bontrager homeschool conference.  They're all sort of related through marriage at this point.

Plus, I think the older Maxwell kids have attended in the past, haven't they?  I think that's how John and Chelsy got together.

When is chelsy due? This seems like one of those forever pregnancies.

I was a little surprised none of the younger Maxwell families attended the Bontrager homeschool conference.  They're all sort of related through marriage at this point.
Plus, I think the older Maxwell kids have attended in the past, haven't they?  I think that's how John and Chelsy got together.

Maybe that's why Steve didn't let anyone go [emoji81][emoji81][emoji81]

On 10/15/2018 at 3:41 PM, SPHASH said:

Do fundies liken spaying/neutering pets to abortion?

Zsu Anderson has made some connections, yes. She also claimed her hamster was homeschooling. 

13 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:

When is chelsy due? This seems like one of those forever pregnancies.

Maybe that's why Steve didn't let anyone go emoji81.pngemoji81.pngemoji81.png

She’s due in January 23rd, and she announced at 18 weeks, so it’s definitely not those forever pregancies like the fundies who announce as soon as the pee dries

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

She also claimed her hamster was homeschooling.

As a student or was it teaching?

If teaching, that explains sooo much.

With you all talking about the hamster homeschooling the Anderson kids, the first thing that popped into my head is “your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.”

And now I assume PP smells like elderberries. 

To this day there's still arguments between people who say that phrase is just meaningless Pythonesque silliness, and those who say it's a reference to the prolific breeding speed of hamsters and the wine-making properties of elderberries.

On 10/15/2018 at 3:42 PM, Jana814 said:

Glad her nephew said something.

The nephew really stood his ground! Does anybody remember wether he was from Marlin's or Rebecca's side? 

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

The nephew really stood his ground! Does anybody remember wether he was from Marlin's or Rebecca's side? 

Nephew's last name is Bontrager, so I'd say Marlin's. 

4 hours ago, petrushka said:

Nephew's last name is Bontrager, so I'd say Marlin's. 

Yeah, I feel like Becky was a Stoltzfus. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 9:36 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

With you all talking about the hamster homeschooling the Anderson kids, the first thing that popped into my head is “your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.”

And now I assume PP smells like elderberries. 

In my mind, the PP will always smell like the shit he is.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:44 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think a lot of fundies are just lazy and cheap so they don’t bother fixing their dogs and cats. 

And why is that, exactly? Why are so many fundies so damn lazy? 

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I don't think they're lazy.  I  mean all that collar bone hiding, reverencing, and slicing spaghetti with pizza cutters has to be exhausting.

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I'd vote with cheap over lazy, but both descriptions apply.

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I Can be really lazy sometimes. But the thing is, I know it and try pretty hard not to let it affect others. Therefore I don’t have more kids than I can handle. I also don’t adopt more animals than I can handle either. When I do adopt pets, I make sure they are fixed. My laziness usually doesn’t hurt others. But that’s not true for some fundies. I think a lot of them just don’t care about the consequences to some of their actions. So they don’t bother to fix their animals.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:27 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I Can be really lazy sometimes. But the thing is, I know it and try pretty hard not to let it affect others. Therefore I don’t have more kids than I can handle. I also don’t adopt more animals than I can handle either. When I do adopt pets, I make sure they are fixed. My laziness usually doesn’t hurt others. But that’s not true for some fundies. I think a lot of them just don’t care about the consequences to some of their actions. So they don’t bother to fix their animals.

This.  I can be pretty damn lazy, although I have discovered over the years of my recovery that some of what I earlier attributed to laziness was BPD and clinical depression-related.  

Don't get me started on not fixing pets.  Our boy kittens we rescued in the late spring who are now teens are going to get snipped next week.  We rescued all four of our current cats from the parking lot of our apartment complex, as kittens, because people didn't fix their cats.  Thousands and thousands of cats and dogs die every year because of people's negligence.  :(

ETA: on kids...the first few years of our marriage, my husband and I would pray a lot about family size and the number we kept feeling comfortable with was 7, whether that was all birth or included some adoption.  But about five months into my fourth pregnancy, I suddenly knew, and I mean KNEW IN MY BONES, that I was DONE and this was all I'd be able to handle.  Period.  So we stopped at four, because...DUH.  It was just so self-evident it was a no-brainer.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived