IGNORED

Lori Alexander 50: Making an Idol of Herself

poncho.PNG.8517b7fcd291aa3ceb7ca92ae4238295.PNG

Yes, I'd hate for a man to have the "hassle" of wondering if I was showing enough for him to drool over!  Bless his heart, just think of how much trouble that would be!

Personally, I just wear a poncho at all times.  Even to bed.  You can't even tell I'm under there!  YAY!!!  :tw_smile:

Ps- I've heard that men can be attracted to feet, so I am working on a way to cover my shoes as I am out and about.  Until I can think of something, I have purposed in my heart (with my Command Man's permission, of course) to stay home.  I won't be responsible for causing a brother to stumble.  If any of you ladies have possible solutions for this problem, I'd love to hear them.  

:angry-cussingblack:  Seriously, though.  What world is this?!  Are these people just nuts?  

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, smittykins said:

Congrats @Sarah92 on the new job(and all other FJers with new jobs)!

It's not even 10 am and I'm craving ice cream, but I have to resist the temptation because I see the dietician on Friday, and I've already done some stress-eating this week due to my kitty being sick(she's doing better now and should be home from the vet's today).

Mostly I eat my selfmade icecream. It's a cup of plain yoghurt, fresh fruit and a teaspon of sugar or honey. I fill it in special container for making popsicles. You can even skip the sugar or use sweetener. Or you can mak, e an easy fruit sorbet, just shred the berries of your liking, put sugar or spices to your liking in there and then it goes into the freezer. Stir it every 15 min or so until it is completly frozen, to prevent it to freeze to a solid block. Icecream without a bad consience

1 hour ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

LOL! That’s probably true. But she is a pain in the ass. Gets in the trash and raccoons, cute as they may be, are dirty, dirty animals. Sneaky as hell too. So in looks I agree that Lori doesn’t suit but in behavior, she’s spot on, lol!! 

And I think cursing at her and saying Lori will be kinda fun! Tehehehe!

To be fair, raccoons are cleaner than Lori. They will wash their food before they eat. 

3 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

To be fair, raccoons are cleaner than Lori. They will wash their food before they eat. 

I am gonna go with - pretty much ANYONE (animals included) is cleaner that Lori.  

@Koala  YES!!! OMG, the horror of having to hassle a man. Its far more hassle for the woman to wear a poncho while feeding. that also seems like a huge suffication hazard for baby. 

I have to say the beautiful turn around with @Jessesgirl25 is something Lori needs to watch and learn from. We extended a second chance and just look!  Imagine the great conversations that could happen if Lori would just extend grace rather than the ban hammer. 

And also if FJ rolled the way of Lori we would have banned @Jessesgirl25 after two comments BUT instead we had patience and let things work out naturally.  You could even say we trusted God to work it out for the best. 

And animals don't wipe counters with chicken juice.

I don't get the whole special cover-up for nursing thing. I was near a family with a 7-week-old on a plane once, and every single time he needed to eat mom would take off her cardigan, get out the special pillow, arrange everything and then put on this huge cape-tent-thing with a baby print on it. It was a massive production. I understand needing to do what it takes to be comfortable, but that cape thing was like a neon sign blaring "nursing mom here!" 

The sweater she was wearing or a receiving blanket would have covered just as much (if not more, the cape kept riding up!) and would have been far more comfy for her, I'd think. And make it easier to nurse more often, which would have made the trip more pleasant for the baby and the dad who spent nearly the whole flight walking the baby up and down the aisles. I was sad she felt that she had to go to such trouble to cover up. 

Every time these kinds of posts come up - I remember, there was a while in our mid twenties when all our friends were having babies.  My husband was just baby crazy - adored them and always wanted to hold and see, especially the tinies.   After a while, he and I were keeping a running tally (him because mortification and me because I thought it was funny) of how many times he walked up to a mom who was nursing in public and he had no clue and got up close and personal...  it is easy for most to not make a production of it and often people don't even know it's going on  - unless, like I said, up close and personal.   Good memory!  Oh - and none of the moms were freaked out and he somehow manfully refrained from jumping their bones or lusting mightily.  Weird but true.   Poor Ken with no self control or sense of decency apparently. 

This woman drives me so crazy I can't stand it sometimes. I can see right through her! All she wants is to go viral again. Did you know she went viral?! Viral!! :bangheaddesk:

On another note, I've been lurking here for years. I used to have an account but I don't know what happened to it. So, it's nice to officially 'meet' all of you :)

Not sure about the thread title, but I think you spelled 'idiot' wrong...

Saw the post on living on a single income and being a stay at home mom because supposedly there's less fighting or something. And I wonder what I as a single 25 year old should have done? Stay in a little town where I would not marry a single person my age (not a lot of good guys to choose from), lived off of my parents, and gotten a part time job at a fast food because that's all there is in my hometown? Like literally is that how I was supposed to live? What did I choose instead? To go to college, study abroad, get my masters, meet wonderful friends, and get a job in a field that helps people. I'm 25 and single but God doesn't tell me my life is defined by being married. But I don't really judge people who don't do the same as I do because it's not my life. Some people want to marry and have babies and that's okay too. 

But Lori seems to forget that she was mean and argued with her husband when she was a stay at home mom. Not working doesn't stop contention because a lot of is how people choose to communicate with their spouse. Also a home without arguments does not mean it's a healthy marriage. Silence can be just as harmful.  

25 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

How did she manage to get 20K new followers out of this? All bought and paid for. 

That's what boogles my mind. Although I suspect some are also people who follow her to keep up with the silly things people do. 

20 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Guyyysss Omgosh I got offered for a clinician job!!! With benefits! And I get to stay in my current town which is what I was praying for. I'd start the day before I have to move out of my current apartment lol. Y'all know before my parents because they aren't answering their phones. 

It's a huge relief because at 25 I've never had a full time job with benefits,because school was always a priority, and was scared of I'd never get one. Haha bad self-esteem and perfectionism talking. 

That sounds perfect! Congratulations!:you-rock:

16 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Not working doesn't stop contention because a lot of is how people choose to communicate with their spouse.

And my headship demanded I work.   Any time I was out of work there was a - lot- of contention in the house.   But then, he died before Lori went viral so he didn't know God's Perfect Ways.  Her fault!  

Oh and when I told her this - she said I should have prayed harder and won him without a word. And then blocked!  

The timeline of Lori's post is interesting.  On June 19th, Lori posted the following to Instagram:

Spoiler

I can't help but wonder if that was around the time she flew out to "help" Emily, because her grandson's birth was announced (on Emily's public Facebook) 2 days later.  

After that, Lori starts in on a tirade about breastfeeding.  THIS was posted 1 day after her grandson's birth:

Spoiler

This was posted 5 days after his birth:

Now, tell me that every last bit of this wasn't directed at Emily.  

FWIW,  her VIRAL ANNIVERSARY (and subsequent foolishness), commenced THE DAY AFTER HE WAS BORN!  Why?  Because Grandma Lori needs all of the attentionz.

Finally, Lori made absolutely NO mention of her grandson's birth, until 5 days later, when she mentioned it in reference to all of the food she's had to cook for them, and how much they loved it.  Nothing about the baby, and the only picture in sight, is of Lori's precious bundle of Einkorn Sourdough.  

Today's Instagram?  Lori is the greatest of all, because she's cooked a few meals...it's like she's trying to comfort herself.  "Sure, I have to do ALL this work, but everything I do, makes me GREATEST of all!" :pb_rollseyes:

Lori?  Most grandmas are happy to serve their children in the days after they've given birth.  They don't go about bragging on themselves, or pondering what rewards they might receive for their acts of kindness.  Get over yourself.  You are most certainly NOT the greatest of all.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Koala said:

In other news- I am 100% that these breastfeeding posts were aimed directly at Emily.

I'm with you.  And of course, just speculation, but I feel like she's probably breast feeding in the living room in what the rest of the world would consider a discreet way (shirt pulled down, can't really see anything but back of baby's head, etc)...but Lori's idea of "modestly breastfeeding" means mom/baby locked behind a door, hidden out of sight.  With Lori, I'm sure you don't even need to show any boobage..just being in the presence of others while breastfeeding is over the line.

1 minute ago, Koala said:

the only picture in sight, is of Lori's precious bundle of Einkorn Sourdough.  

Every time I read about her bread, I think to myself "Not the Foghorn Leghorn Sourdough again!"

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

And animals don't wipe counters with chicken juice.

Or grimy Norwex cloths for that matter.....

Reader:

I've done the math. If people do the math they will find out it is cheaper for the wife to stay home and do the house keeping than to go to work and pay someone else to do the house keeping.

I love that she assumes that the avg. working mom hires someone to keep her house.  That's precious.  :pb_lol:

I'll tell you who does pay for housekeepers and nannies.  Lori.  And she stayed home.  I'm sure that was a real money saver for Ken.  

Have Lori "rest" on the sofa all day. STILL pays for a household staff to "serve her".  

15 minutes ago, Koala said:

Reader:

I love that she assumes that the avg. working mom hires someone to keep her house.  That's precious.  :pb_lol:

I'll tell you who does pay for housekeepers and nannies.  Lori.  And she stayed home.  I'm sure that was a real money saver for Ken.  

Have Lori "rest" on the sofa all day. STILL pays for a household staff to "serve her".  

I don't know the details of their heired stuff, but I refuse to believe that Lori and Ken paid more than minimum wage and no benefits. But what I can imagine is an Aupair for the children and an off the books cleaning woman. They strike me as exactly that kind of employer from hell, who are never satisfiet with the work done and demand more than it's agreed for the peanuts they pay them.

@Curious Your doggies sound like they where and are their own brand of unique :) .

It really doesn't take that much time to clean a house. I have a sink full of dishes and it won't take me much more than 20 mins to wash and dry them. If that. However, If some people want to hire the occasional cleaning person what's wrong with that? If they have the income and need a bit of help go for it. As long as it's a fair price and not hurting the cleaners of course. Ethics is important. 

But I know a lot of working moms that do all their own cleaning or ask a teen or someone looking to make a bit of extra cash to help. 

I want to eat my way through NO.  I've been to Shreveport a few times for family events, but never down state.

There's been a lot of mentions of ice cream here recently - and I wondered if anyone else here has heard of the new trend of making to order ice cream on the spot and freezing it with nitrogen?  (or is that only a fancy urban trend?) - they mix it to order, so you get a custom creation (i.e. cardamom almond milk low sugar with white chocolate chips).

We have company visiting us, and we're planning on going to out try this new fangled ice cream experience tonight. . . 

Check out IG... Lori is soooooooooooo happy because costo now sells kombucha!!! I didn't see anywhere near this amount of excitement over the grandbaby. And big whoop, I saw that there last time and it wasn't that much cheaper than in a regular store. But she think she is so cool and frugal or something. 

Also what she just posted on fb should be the disclaimer on her book as well. 

I guess if she's started in on Emily, at least Alyssa is getting a break. 

I can't even imagine having Lori for a mother-in-law. Whew.

Oh and you can't freakin live on one income if you buy kombucha regularly. Its at least $3 a bottle. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived