IGNORED

Lori Alexander 50: Making an Idol of Herself

17 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I still don't know how I'd feel about driving over Hoover Dam though

Its totally no big deal. Its a 2 lane road on top of the dam and there's pretty good sized shoulders on each side. It's not that long either, less than 1/4 mile if I remember right (we went and did the tour the first year we lived here, it's like 45 minutes away). You can't see down when you go over it, but you can see the Colorado River gorge on the south side. It's a shame the water level in Lake Mead is so low right now. It's putting some serious hurting on the entire valley here since we get most of our water from there. 

@Jessesgirl25 no a/c sucks ass. The temperature inside my car when I leave work is probably around 150 degrees, no shit. Opening the windows doesn't help at all...the equivalent would be to turn your oven on and stick your head in it. Our LOW temps right now are in the 80's. The price we pay for extremely mild winters. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I've spent today DM-ing for a group of teens, SeaFilly2, Sea Colt and 4 of their friends. I was supposed to make bouillabaisse for supper but the game play went on too long for me to stop and cook so we had  3 types of bread, 6 types of cheese , several types of processed meats, several types of dips, large plate of raw veggies and a large platter of fruit.

The teens went down to the beach for an hour after supper and returned to clear two flower beds of weeds, collected their dirty clothes and washed them, showered .  They've just finished watching Bon Cop Bad Cop II and are getting ready for bed.

I've never had to raise my voice or hit one of them yet.

Ummm what the fack?!? Where are you from cuz I want all the things! 

@feministxtian  I got engaged at the Hoover Dam  :D   It was a dam good time.  I'll always remember my dam engagement day! 

13 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

no a/c sucks ass. The temperature inside my car when I leave work is probably around 150 degrees, no shit. Opening the windows doesn't help at all...the equivalent would be to turn your oven on and stick your head in it. Our LOW temps right now are in the 80's. The price we pay for extremely mild winters. 

No a/c does suck ass. My every day driver was built in 1960 the "air conditioning" is two pull knobs for vents on the floor. My car is like an oven right now. Don't even get me started on the finger-frying metal steering wheel. For added funsies, some intrepid 1960's upholsterer thought that shiny, reflective, metallic fabric would be awesome on the door panels. It looks like a hot pocket sleeve.

14 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

no a/c sucks ass. The temperature inside my car when I leave work is probably around 150 degrees, no shit. Opening the windows doesn't help at all...the equivalent would be to turn your oven on and stick your head in it. Our LOW temps right now are in the 80's. The price we pay for extremely mild winters

I can’t even imagine! Here in OH our highs coming up for the week or so are close to 90 or better and Lawd almighty the heads would roll with no a/c! 

2 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Ummm what the fack?!? Where are you from cuz I want all the things! 

Quebec..

I love Oregon. Only a few days in the 90s so far. Enough to get the ac up and running. But still mostly high 70s, dropping into the 50s.

23 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Quebec..

That’s cool! 

This little turd has been coming here for 5 years now. Thinks she can come in the garage and just chill with the hubs and I. We used to feed her pizza. One year she even brought and introduced her 5 babies to us. They played with the kids’ toys that were left on the porch, lol. 

And from the looks of it, she was probably just in their little pool. Little stank ass. 

I shall name her Lori. 

Damn it Lori, don’t make me git the broom after you! 

C7943411-D0F4-43E8-9B32-7F2AE290B704.jpeg

7 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Guyyysss Omgosh I got offered for a clinician job!!! With benefits! And I get to stay in my current town which is what I was praying for. I'd start the day before I have to move out of my current apartment lol. Y'all know before my parents because they aren't answering their phones. 

It's a huge relief because at 25 I've never had a full time job with benefits,because school was always a priority, and was scared of I'd never get one. Haha bad self-esteem and perfectionism talking. 

Congratulations!

Regarding bridges...I once drove across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (not the bridge and tunnel) and back...2.5 weeks after I got my driver's license.  Scary, somewhat; but if I wanted to get to Dover, DE from Baltimore as quickly as possible, I had no choice.  I stayed out of the outside lane, just looked straight ahead and concentrated on the road, and made it in one piece.

37 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I love Oregon. Only a few days in the 90s so far. Enough to get the ac up and running. But still mostly high 70s, dropping into the 50s.

Oh....I'd love to be there right Now! It's 10:15pm and still 100 degrees

52 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Oh....I'd love to be there right Now! It's 10:15pm and still 100 degrees

I would melt. Last week we had here around 85 degrees and I allready startet to melt, but than the weather gods got into a joking mood and gave us an infusion of cold arctic air and our temperatures troped to 45 degrees with a mean cold and heavy wind and rain  in a few hours. The morning walk with the dog was still in T-Shirt and sandals and for the noon walk, mommy had to go back in and take out the hoodie and the sneakers.

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

This comment pisses me off so much in light of everything...note the blessings at the end. We know she only does that when she is pissy.

Posting a post 3 times isnt drawing attention to yourself at all.

Lori Alexander says:    
June 26, 2018 at 12:02 pm

Hi Chelsea,

We don’t look at other cultures to decide how to live. We look at the perfect Word of God since we are a remnant and most people have no desire to obey the Lord’s commands. He calls us to be shamefaced which means to do nothing to draw people’s attention to us. God has made it clear in His Word how we are to live modest and discreet lives.

Blessings

You're completely right about the irony of Lori focusing on clothing-related modesty and completely missing her own utter lack of action-related and attitude-related modesty.

In addition, I'm maddened by Lori's utter stupidity. Other cultures having different standards of modesty isn't those cultures having *less* modesty, it's having a *different definition* of modesty. If "calling attention" is, per Lori, immodest, then modesty is very much dependent on context, rather than fixed. Claiming that there's a literal dress code in the Bible for us to follow is ludicrous.

1 hour ago, klein_roeschen said:

I would melt. Last week we had here around 85 degrees and I allready startet to melt, but than the weather gods got into a joking mood and gave us an infusion of cold arctic air and our temperatures troped to 45 degrees with a mean cold and heavy wind and rain  in a few hours. The morning walk with the dog was still in T-Shirt and sandals and for the noon walk, mommy had to go back in and take out the hoodie and the sneakers.

We have been having the same up and down here in Belgium; I hate the heat, anything over 24 makes me want to die, but I would prefer sustained heat to this see saw (of course I would prefer 20 to 22 with sun and a slight breeze over anything else!).  It's going to be 31 on Sunday and I am planning my funeral.

Someone mentioned eating gator, tried it once at a big game church dinner.. welcome to the midwest lol...Added to my list of bear, deer, bison, and pulled barbecued raccoon. I don't recommend the raccoon. It was weird. Gator tasted like chicken to me though lol. 

Speaking of raccoons @Jessesgirl25 poor thing probably doesn't deserve to be called Lori, it probably has more manners and a better temperament. Haha but cheers to Lori the raccoon may she prosper. I find raccoons adorable, any fluffy creature really. 

My church did a mission trip to Mississippi for Katrina clean and we took a day trip to New Orleans, went over that huge bridge. I really enjoyed it and thought it quite pretty. We were in a church van and decided to go down Bourbon St. I believe, the one with a lot of adult stores or something idk. No idea why we went down this one street but I remember my pastor shouting to not look out the windows of the van. I think it scandalized the older women and I thought it was hilarious. 

4 minutes ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

We have been having the same up and down here in Belgium; I hate the heat, anything over 24 makes me want to die, but I would prefer sustained heat to this see saw (of course I would prefer 20 to 22 with sun and a slight breeze over anything else!).  It's going to be 31 on Sunday and I am planning my funeral.

Yeah, here too. I will don't care on saturday, since my new pharmacy has an a/c and will be cooled down to a nice temperature. But for sunday, I will hit the lake with a friend and my dog, so I can jump into the cool water and make it bearable. Everything over the mid 20's is only bearable near naked in front of water and my puppy is of the same oppinion.

Little side note because of puppy. Just left him for 15 minutes alone to go to the supermarket across the street and he got hold of my nearly full box of cleenex. Destroid every cleenx and the box and streen it around the living room. So when I came back, he happily wiggled his tail and showed mommy his work. And while Lori and company would have beaten the dog for this behavior, I told him that he was a naughty boy for destroying the cleenex, got out the broom to rid of the mess and after that I pet him.

26 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Someone mentioned eating gator, tried it once at a big game church dinner.. welcome to the midwest lol...Added to my list of bear, deer, bison, and pulled barbecued raccoon. I don't recommend the raccoon. It was weird. Gator tasted like chicken to me though lol. 

Speaking of raccoons @Jessesgirl25 poor thing probably doesn't deserve to be called Lori, it probably has more manners and a better temperament. Haha but cheers to Lori the raccoon may she prosper. I find raccoons adorable, any fluffy creature really. 

My church did a mission trip to Mississippi for Katrina clean and we took a day trip to New Orleans, went over that huge bridge. I really enjoyed it and thought it quite pretty. We were in a church van and decided to go down Bourbon St. I believe, the one with a lot of adult stores or something idk. No idea why we went down this one street but I remember my pastor shouting to not look out the windows of the van. I think it scandalized the older women and I thought it was hilarious. 

That made me laugh.  DON'T LOOK!! Would just have me imagining all the things I wasn't supposed to be seeing. 

Racoons aren't native here (I think some British people were smuggling them in as exotic pets and then releasing them into the wild so they may have them there now).  I took my sister to the zoo when she was visiting and she just about died laughing when the very last animal, in somewhere of a place of honor, after the buildup of the lions and panthers, was the mighty racoon, the "wash bear".

7 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Yeah, here too. I will don't care on saturday, since my new pharmacy has an a/c and will be cooled down to a nice temperature. But for sunday, I will hit the lake with a friend and my dog, so I can jump into the cool water and make it bearable. Everything over the mid 20's is only bearable near naked in front of water and my puppy is of the same oppinion.

Little side note because of puppy. Just left him for 15 minutes alone to go to the supermarket across the street and he got hold of my nearly full box of cleenex. Destroid every cleenx and the box and streen it around the living room. So when I came back, he happily wiggled his tail and showed mommy his work. And while Lori and company would have beaten the dog for this behavior, I told him that he was a naughty boy for destroying the cleenex, got out the broom to rid of the mess and after that I pet him.

Aw, your puppy sounds adorable, and you sound like a very good mommy to him.  My cat is sometimes bad on purpose, being a cat, but even then I just tell him in a mildly stern voice that I don't like that very much, and give him ear scritches. 

15 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Don't get me started on dogs and kleenex.  I have never had to puppy proof even when I've had young puppies.  I just pay attention to what they are doing and distract if they are going for something I don't want them to have.  I have stuffed animals, books, cords, you name it all in puppy/dog reach and have no problems.  

However, every. single. one. of them will happily shred kleenex.  Some of them are very systematic about other.  Others just shred away.   My eyes tend to water a lot so I keep a couple kleenex in my nightshirt pocket to wipe my eyes when they start to water too much.   For a while when Teq was a puppy I kept finding all these kleenex shreds in the bed and I could not figure out where she was managing to find kleenex since I always had those up, learning from past experience.   I finally realized the little rat was sneaking them out of my pocket at night and because I usually keep more than one in there, I never noticed.

When any of the chis get up on my lap they check my pocket for their beloved treasure, but no one will try to steal them unless I am asleep.   I have them mostly broken of the habit of actually taking them (no plumbing line or leather straps involved), but once in a while the temptation is just too strong and I wake up with shreds all over the bed.

I can't think of any dog I've had since childhood that didn't love to shred kleenex, given the chance.

A couple of years ago I got into baking bread and I was so proud of my creations, I would take pictures of every loaf and show my mom (I guess some of us never get over the need to show mommy what we made).  But then after a few weeks I stopped because I realized that even my mother, who at least pretends to be interested in everything I do and say, likely has no desire to see pictures of bread every few days.  I guess that makes me more self aware than Lori so - yay??

5 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

LOL! My church youth group went to New Orleans my senior year - I was the only one over 18. We split into groups and I was with the youth pastor's wife, and we went in Pat O'Briens, into a voodoo shop to buy something for a friend of hers, and walked all up and down Bourbon Street in the evening while the other kids were swimming back at the hotel. It was great! I love, love, love New Orleans, and want to go back someday.

Add me to the "no AC" club. My car has something wrong with the compressor, so no AC. So far I've survived by keeping the windows down but that's difficult when it pours rain, and then the windows fog up. I'll probably have to give in and borrow the parents' extra car (inherited from my grandmother) which has AC but no radio, but I'm putting it off as long as I can.

My AC in the house is broken, also. Two years ago I spent $500 to get it fixed as it was no longer cooling, then last summer it did the same thing again. This time I ignored my mother's advice and decided to put in a window unit, and luckily my brother-in-law had gotten one for free from one of his lawn mowing customers! My house is only 800SF, and I can close off the spare room which is nearly a fourth of it, so I put the unit in my bedroom and it's fine - cool so I can sleep - and if I'm in the living room or kitchen I sit a box fan in the bedroom door. It works!

I've never had an inside dog, so no experience with the Kleenex. However, when I was living with my sister we had two cats. Their litterboxes were in the powder room under the stairs. Once we went in there to see there was no TP on the roll. Then we noticed - they had unrolled the entire (new) roll of TP, then stuffed it all, every shred, inside one of their domed litterboxes! 

Congrats @Sarah92 on the new job(and all other FJers with new jobs)!

It's not even 10 am and I'm craving ice cream, but I have to resist the temptation because I see the dietician on Friday, and I've already done some stress-eating this week due to my kitty being sick(she's doing better now and should be home from the vet's today).

5 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

LOL! That’s probably true. But she is a pain in the ass. Gets in the trash and raccoons, cute as they may be, are dirty, dirty animals. Sneaky as hell too. So in looks I agree that Lori doesn’t suit but in behavior, she’s spot on, lol!! 

And I think cursing at her and saying Lori will be kinda fun! Tehehehe!

You know, I *thought* that just maybe I was wrong.  I thought, perhaps, Lori has been asked not to share a picture of her new grandson.  Nope.  Emily has a picture posted to her public FB.  

A perfectly adorable new grandson to be proud of, and Lori's like: "Look at this cute little loaf of bread I made".  

In other news- I am 100% that these breastfeeding posts were aimed directly at Emily.

5 hours ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

Racoons aren't native here (I think some British people were smuggling them in as exotic pets and then releasing them into the wild so they may have them there now).  I took my sister to the zoo when she was visiting and she just about died laughing when the very last animal, in somewhere of a place of honor, after the buildup of the lions and panthers, was the mighty racoon, the "wash bear".

Bahaha! The “wash bear”! That’s hysterical! And at the zoo to boot! Haha! 

10 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

He calls us to be shamefaced which means to do nothing to draw people’s attention to us. God has made it clear in His Word how we are to live modest and discreet lives.

I snorted over this. Lori NEVER draws attention to herself, nope nope nope! Not HER!

9 hours ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

I can’t even imagine! Here in OH our highs coming up for the week or so are close to 90 or better and Lawd almighty the heads would roll with no a/c! 

I'd be okay with close to 90. I think this week we're supposed to top 100 at least one day. (Not counting the heat index, either). Our summers here are just plain gross and swampy. The air gets so heavy with humidity that you can't even hang laundry on the line. 

Oh Lort! Alyssa at the beach in a bikini! Cover yo eyes Lori!!! 

Nevermind, not Alyssa. Didn’t see the tag, lol. Oy vey. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived