IGNORED

M is For Mama - where quiver full meets Pinterest

TuringMachine

I wanted to compare how she looks in the 2 different pictures, so I put them side by side. (Under a spoiler because it's big.)

Spoiler

20181005_165143.thumb.jpg.d166df32ce8629a0afc74918c2449757.jpg

The hairstyle makes such a difference, doesn't it!

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braggie with curly hair looks just enough like Minnie Driver that I think she's cute. Braggie without the passing resemblance really just makes me want to pour vinegar down her throat. Not so smug then, bish!

She has a long, rather angular face...the curls soften it, the straight style accentuates it.

Yeah her face looks like it grew three inches. I don't know if I'm just biased because I dislike bangs, but bangs aren't the right look for her. Her hair is better curly.

3 hours ago, CatholicLite said:

Yeah her face looks like it grew three inches. I don't know if I'm just biased because I dislike bangs, but bangs aren't the right look for her. Her hair is better curly.

I LOVE bangs on some people (Karen Shupe for example). Braggie isn’t one of those people.

Braggie wants you to know that her marriage is perfect. But she's definitely not bragging. And even though her marriage is so easy, she's confident in telling people to stay in marriages that aren't working because "hard is not the same thing as bad".

What a bitch

So I'm supposed to stay in a marriage that's never going to work so I can inspire others to do the same? 

I'm a child of two people who had no business being married, much less have any kids.  They finally divorced after 29 years of marriage and they still hate each other now 15+ years after they split.  The baggage my siblings and I carry from living in a toxic marriage is never going to go away.  My sisters and I are very lucky that we've married good men who can deal with our shit. 

I'm lucky enough to be in one of those "easy" marriages. It's not always "good", but generally we respect each other and our bad patches are more like apathy when we can't even bother to argue. It's "easy"to coast along through those times, and it does take work to reconnect and be friends again. If other people's "bad times" are like ours, than sure, stick with it, work it out, chances are it will get better again. 

But I've been witness to Bad Marriages. My mother and step should never have been married. From the outside looking in, there were never any good times. Sure there were days they had fun, but overall it was hell my mother was an angry witch and he was a psychotic narcissist. It's a miracle they came out of that marriage physically intact. That kind of bad can't be over come. Or maybe it can be, but why? 

I would never make a blanket statement about sticking with marriage, because sometimes hard is the same thing as bad. And sometimes bad means people are psychologically and physically damaged forever. 

Let me be blunt here: Braggie is a control freak and gets off on dominating—but we’ll call it, “controlling people”.  She rules that roost. Her marriage is easy because her husband keeps his head down and allows Braggie to be “leader” even though like Lori A, Braggie loves to pretend she’s a just a submissive meek wife, HAH! Shaun Halberstadt is one of those husbands that has learned they married a nut job and that life will be easier if Braggie is happy and that will be only when Braggie has her way. 

Spank the kids? Sure, Braggie.

Squirt vinegar down the children’s throats? Anything you say, Braggie.

Make eldest son Mom no. 2 Braggie can host workouts everyday at their home? Of course, Braggie.

Force children to fold laundry and more power chores while Braggie relaxes with books, blogging, or shopping for that next DIY project? Go for it, Braggie.

No toys to call “mine” and certainly, no Christmas presents for the children while Braggie buys Anthropologie deals for herself each week? Sure, Braggie.

Make the children perform chores inappropriate for their young ages and only allow them to express joy doing so? Yes, Braggie.

Ignore the rebellious, sinful, crying baby? Whatever makes you sane, Braggie.

It is known that Braggie functions best when she can control and punish her kids for the sinners that they are rather than admit she is the one with the temperament problem.

#HardisNottheSameasBad #MotherhoodisSanctifying How about this for a hashtag? Yes, it is hard to live with Braggie and actually, it is bad. Living with Braggie Abbie is sanctifying.

#LivingwithAbbieisSanctifying

God she is so smug I can't help but laugh. I have an easy marriage which means I know I'm not fuckin' qualified to judge other people for deciding their marriage is over. I bet he can barely stand her and their marriage is "easy" because they don't ever talk.

1 hour ago, Anonymousguest said:

I'm lucky enough to be in one of those "easy" marriages. It's not always "good", but generally we respect each other and our bad patches are more like apathy when we can't even bother to argue. It's "easy"to coast along through those times, and it does take work to reconnect and be friends again. If other people's "bad times" are like ours, than sure, stick with it, work it out, chances are it will get better again. 

But I've been witness to Bad Marriages. My mother and step should never have been married. From the outside looking in, there were never any good times. Sure there were days they had fun, but overall it was hell my mother was an angry witch and he was a psychotic narcissist. It's a miracle they came out of that marriage physically intact. That kind of bad can't be over come. Or maybe it can be, but why? 

I would never make a blanket statement about sticking with marriage, because sometimes hard is the same thing as bad. And sometimes bad means people are psychologically and physically damaged forever. 

Are we married?! Are you my husband?! Because you just described our marriage. ;) 

But anyway, I live in the real world and understand my marriage if different from other marriages. To pretend like all marriages can work out if you try hard enough is complete bullshit. 

I would laugh my ass completely off if Shaun up and left her controlling ass one day. I would then feel bad for the kids and hope they go live with their dad. But then I would start laughing again because she’s such a smug self righteous jerk. 

Braggie has a 2 yearish pattern that seems similar to Anna and Priscilla Waller’s. Braggie is now 36 so I predict she will have one in two more years at 38, 40, 42 and maybe 44 if her fertility keeps this pattern up. At minimum, 2 more and at max, 4. I’d predict 3 more.

I’d imagine Shaun has relinquished his fate as knows he’d get financially distraught in a divorce given the amount of children they’ve had over the years. I think Shaun imagines himself focused on creating a life of contentment sans Braggie despite living in the same house with a good ol’ roommate situation. He probably is focused on trying to be a good dad, continue to invest money in real estate, and book more out-of-town work trips. Perhaps he views his life as sanctifying right now and hopes for a better future in 20 years.

On a random note, I follow the Flanders Family and believe they’ve been discussed here. Braggie is a diehard fangirl of the Flanders Family and tries to be their BFF. They live near each other and she always tries to hang out it with them. I chuckled when I came across, on Instagram, the Flanders Mom singing Opera notes and surprise, surprise Braggie leghumping her with, “IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN’T DO?!?”

Hah. Someone that obviously has done business of sorts with Shaun commented on Braggie’s Instagram, “Shaun is such an easy-going guy and I’m certain that translates at the home as a partner. Thanks for letting us have him here with the team.”

It proves the entire point. Could ANYONE vouch for Braggie being, “easy-going”? No.

Honestly, although I wish he’d veto some of the things she makes the kids do, I can’t say I blame Shaun. If I had to live with Braggie, I’d probably be a “yes man” her too. Can you imagine a bitchy Braggie?

47 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Hah. Someone that obviously has done business of sorts with Shaun commented on Braggie’s Instagram, “Shaun is such an easy-going guy and I’m certain that translates at the home as a partner. Thanks for letting us have him here with the team.”

It proves the entire point. Could ANYONE vouch for Braggie being, “easy-going”? No.

Honestly, although I wish he’d veto some of the things she makes the kids do, I can’t say I blame Shaun. If I had to live with Braggie, I’d probably be a “yes man” her too. Can you imagine a bitchy Braggie?

I kind of agree and disagree. I see him like David Rod. They both let their asshole wives do things that are disgusting and hurtful just because it’s “easier.” They are both pathetic wimps in my opinion. You need to stand up to your wife if she is being a complete asshole or if she’s abusing the children. They both just look the other way because they don’t want to deal with their wives’ wrath.

On 10/4/2018 at 7:46 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t like Braggie’s new hair. It looks better the way she usually wears it. 

D9EF2A69-C73C-4757-9945-C45066567C67.jpeg

I know I'm late to the party, but HOLY CRAP she looks like Cher in this picture!

Her friend Mandy is missing from her birthday dinner pics and still is no where to be found on social media. What in the world happened? I suppose if she needed privacy she might have stayed out of the group shot, but I still can’t imagine what prompted her total disappearance. (I found her MUCH more genuine/tolerable than Abbie)

I also wonder what happened to Mandy B the curly redhead exercise enthusiast with long hair and 7 kids from Biblical Homemaking. Mandy is her BFF and also was close with Courtney from Women Living Well, Candace Cameron Bure’s blogger squad. Mandy has completely gone off grid and deleted everything. 

13 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I also wonder what happened to Mandy B the curly redhead exercise enthusiast with long hair and 7 kids from Biblical Homemaking. Mandy is her BFF and also was close with Courtney from Women Living Well, Candace Cameron Bure’s blogger squad. Mandy has completely gone off grid and deleted everything. 

I feel like the only time that happens is when something big went down. Like someone was arrested, a divorce, an affair, a death, a breakdown, or something like that. 

11 hours ago, JillyO said:

I know I'm late to the party, but HOLY CRAP she looks like Cher in this picture!

Or Morticia Adams.

Honestly, I’m not a fan of bangs but her bangs are growing on me more. It reminds me of Zooey Deschanel’s hairstyle that she wore for years. Many people get bangs when they start getting insecure about aging a bit. Braggie mentioned that turning 36 is making her feel “old” now for the first time. I’d imagine any aging or wrinkles would bother Braggie a lot since she comes across as vain. I’m younger than Braggie but I do notice the lines on my forehead each year and bangs would stop me from overfocusing on it but I don’t like how I look in bangs.

10 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I also wonder what happened to Mandy B the curly redhead exercise enthusiast with long hair and 7 kids from Biblical Homemaking. 

I always had serious hair envy when I read her posts. 

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Honestly, I’m not a fan of bangs but her bangs are growing on me more. It reminds me of Zooey Deschanel’s hairstyle that she wore for years. Many people get bangs when they start getting insecure about aging a bit. Braggie mentioned that turning 36 is making her feel “old” now for the first time. I’d imagine any aging or wrinkles would bother Braggie a lot since she comes across as vain. I’m younger than Braggie but I do notice the lines on my forehead each year and bangs would stop me from overfocusing on it but I don’t like how I look in bangs.

I don’t dislike bangs in general. I think plenty of people look amazing in them. I just don’t think they work on Abbie’s face. I thought she was quite pretty without them. I think you’re onto something about her sort of hiding her face behind them. 

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel like the only time that happens is when something big went down. Like someone was arrested, a divorce, an affair, a death, a breakdown, or something like that. 

Yeah, I agree. Maybe she attracted the attention of a creepy stalker or something? I would understand shutting down your online presence under those circumstances. It could be anything though. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived