IGNORED

M is For Mama - where quiver full meets Pinterest

TuringMachine

I think I got soap in my mouth once and I laughed the whole time. My parents realized it wasn’t an effective punishment. 

My husband just told me that his elementary school allowed teachers to wash the kids’ mouths out with soap. Schools also spanked back then too. 

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if Braggie is diluting the vinegar 1:1, it could be very damaging to their teeth if she does it often.  The recommended dilution for drinking is 1T vinegar in 1cup of water. 

Further words/thoughts of "wisdom" from Braggie...  ?

m.is.for.mama@-----as a mom to a wide range of personalities, I have found that, while they do often go together, "strong-willed" and "3-year-old" do not necessarily equate. I've had two fairly docile 3's. That said, while we welcome many emotions--hard ones like sadness and fear and frustration included--we do not welcome the expression of them through tantrums. I have found that, once a young child loses control of his emotions, he often doesn't have the emotional maturity to get them back in check on his own and needs help with "resetting." Sometimes, that takes the form of words, sometimes a timeout, sometimes misdirection or distraction, sometimes "fuss juice." I find it's helpful to have a variety of ways to address an obstinate or repetitively rude response, but I would never rule out a simple, effective, safe method such as apple cider vinegar on the grounds of welcoming emotions. You are, of course, welcome to disagree, but as a mother who has weathered over a dozen years of toddler meltdowns, this has been my experience. :)

Her use of the word "weathered" in relation to her kids when they are/were toddlers, bugs me to no end (in addition to her entire comment/reasoning).

"but I would never rule out a simple, effective, safe method such as apple cider vinegar on the grounds of welcoming emotions"

And therein lies the problem. She views it (and much of the rest of her parenting ideologies) as safe because she never truly considers the damage she is doing to her kids psyche and sensitive inner workings. ❤️ 

36 minutes ago, BobJonesBabe said:

She views it (and much of the rest of her parenting ideologies) as safe because she never truly considers the damage she is doing to her kids psyche and sensitive inner workings.

That's because she's the only person in the universe whose psyche & sensitive inner workings ever need to be considered in any situation. Everyone else takes the back seat.

Back in the ‘90s I taught adult ESL. Two of my students—Marta, an Austrian au pair, and Hiroshi, a Japanese small business owner—became friendly. One day Marta left my class because she’d requested a new home placement. Later, Hiroshi came to me, all concerned: Marta had left her former placement because her “host mother” had put soap in her child’s mouth. Marta found that so bizarre and horrifying that she insisted on leaving immediately.

Umm...even as a rotten mom I didn't do much when the toddlers were having fits (which was common, I birthed 3 kids just like me). The best "magic" was to walk away. I just walked away from whoever was having the fit. If they didn't want to sit at the table, fine...then you don't eat (I didn't do the running around at meal time thing). I took no shit from my kids but I also realized that at 2, 3, 4 they're going to be kinda difficult because they are 2, 3, 4 years old and figuring out the world. There were certain things that were solid NOs...like hitting me. Fuck no...you do not hit mama. That got you a one-way ticket to your room until you could straighten out. I also did stuff like noses to walls, sitting in a corner, losing privileges or toys (depending on the size of the fight). 

Having little kids sorts suited my inventiveness, deviousness and ability to think weird shit up. Maybe that's why my kids are so weird now...they never really knew what mama would do when they acted up. It eventually got to where all I had to do was look at them (by 5, 6 or so) and they'd straighten up. Even now "the look" freaks them right out (they're 35. 31 and 28). 

Abbie appears to believe in the traditional, Fundamentalist view that children are born with sin, the flesh is wicked, the flesh wants what is evil, etc. and I’ve seen similar comments on her blog about that.

Basically, this belief leads to extreme authoritarian parenting (research shows authoritative parenting, NOT authoritaRIAN produces the healthiest outcomes for children). 

For instance, like Abbie said on her blog, if her child says “No. I want to drink out of the blue cup.”that warrants discipline because Abbie believes the child is living in the flesh by being selfish. 

I really think that her kids are programmed and brainwashed because she constantly refers to child training, “resetting their attitude”, how they must be cheerful doing chores, and how they must have the right response with the right attitude. 

It is so, so, so, sad that these kids can’t just be open about their feelings and emotions.

Abbie appears to believe in the traditional, Fundamentalist view that children are born with sin, the flesh is wicked, the flesh wants what is evil, etc. and I’ve seen similar comments on her blog about that.
Basically, this belief leads to extreme authoritarian parenting (research shows authoritative parenting, NOT authoritaRIAN produces the healthiest outcomes for children). 
For instance, like Abbie said on her blog, if her child says “No. I want to drink out of the blue cup.”that warrants discipline because Abbie believes the child is living in the flesh by being selfish. 
I really think that her kids are programmed and brainwashed because she constantly refers to child training, “resetting their attitude”, how they must be cheerful doing chores, and how they must have the right response with the right attitude. 
It is so, so, so, sad that these kids can’t just be open about their feelings and emotions.
@luv2laugh thanks for your commentary on mz abbie. You seem to have a special intensity about her and analyzing all that's going on!

36 minutes ago, sleepy_doggos said:
1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

@luv2laugh thanks for your commentary on mz abbie. You seem to have a special intensity about her and analyzing all that's going on!

Nope, I just recently got into this rabbit hole. I analyze fundamentalists and cults all of the time. It’s important to figure out why they behave the way they do.

I checked in, only to realize she looks like my husband's ex. So disturbing on many levels.

So is she true fundie, or fundie-lite?

3 hours ago, unholypoledancer said:

I checked in, only to realize she looks like my husband's ex. So disturbing on many levels.

So is she true fundie, or fundie-lite?

True fundie on the inside and a little bit more fundie lite on the outside. But also when it comes to working out of the home and not wearing dresses or skirts all the time.

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I didn't see that on her blog (I follow her more on IG than anywhere else at this point), but that example of a child wanting to drink from a different color of cup is straight out of Ezzo's book! ?

8 hours ago, BobJonesBabe said:

I didn't see that on her blog (I follow her more on IG than anywhere else at this point), but that example of a child wanting to drink from a different color of cup is straight out of Ezzo's book! ?

Given how gleefully she advertises spanking and rigid routines and putting her crying baby in its moses basket in the cupboardto cry it out I'd say it's a safe bet she's a fan. 

15 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I would love to read more about this; do you have a citation handy? (If not, I will eventually get off my butt and google it.) Thanks!

11 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Check this good one out from Pubmed: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5390718/#!po=3.73134

Reveal hidden contents

935A6C1F-BBB0-454C-BCE8-4BA43FBAE6B0.thumb.png.81ee93cf03e8d51305458922f2d9cb17.png66FD57EA-C68A-4132-B57C-D57B1292879C.thumb.png.439fa115a9ec6598d5f21faa186f7f13.png

Thanks so much! I also found this long term study from 2001: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/019251301022003002

"coercive parental control in adolescence is associated with lower well-being and more substance use in young adulthood"

Yikes, stay strong, Abbie's kids, even if your mom is a bit of a nightmare!

Abbie has dolled up her “cozy area”, the puppy, and herself for her national TV appearance to “give an answer for my faith”.

She asks that we “pray Jesus will be glorified”.D957ECF4-AA10-41C1-A700-0D508ADF6D01.thumb.jpeg.2a20d199345b9c3f136e42853c74cf57.jpeg

Braggie has taken to the comments to define Christianity...4F4B98D2-AE1E-45C9-8A70-0BB9711C4E8A.thumb.jpeg.e55f81556de87f9baf9fa8e33efafc1f.jpeg

Also, she updates that she will not be making her video available yet. Clearly, she will need A LOT of time to edit it to death. 

She also obviously offended LDS Christians since only Braggie’s brand of Christianity is real!

Spoiler

DFF8FB02-FC6C-45C0-9C9A-7955A12034CE.thumb.jpeg.365b4155b425a2c1841a186b89dd84ff.jpeg

14 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Braggie has taken to the comments to define Christianity...4F4B98D2-AE1E-45C9-8A70-0BB9711C4E8A.thumb.jpeg.e55f81556de87f9baf9fa8e33efafc1f.jpeg

Also, she updates that she will not be making her video available yet. Clearly, she will need A LOT of time to edit it to death. 

She also obviously offended LDS Christians since only Braggie’s brand of Christianity is real!

Hide contents

DFF8FB02-FC6C-45C0-9C9A-7955A12034CE.thumb.jpeg.365b4155b425a2c1841a186b89dd84ff.jpeg

Oh. My. Gosh.

I have a hoard of Mormon relatives that would be at her throat. Yikes. She seems so self-righteous about it all. Like, "how dare you think I'm a mormon?".... they aren't the only ones with the strange belliefs, Abbie. Most people would balk at what she's doing to her kids and with her life in general.

I just think her reaction to the Mormon comment is hilarious. Go figure.

Oh, and she HAD to talk about "people who claim to be Christians". Don't freakin' judge ohmygod. That whole "my specific domination is the only way" bugs the crap out of me. Sure, you can believe that, but you don't need to be rude about it. Jeez, just let people try their best to believe in God and stay out of it. Grr. They're just trying to be good Christians, just like her.

Evangelical Christianity... is it even all the way biblical? 

misformama:

What I mean to say by that is that there are some who claim to be Christians but really only view the Bible as a book of suggestions and/or their Christianity as a set of social mores rather than an actual transformed way of living and thinking about every aspect of life.

Sayeth Braggie the REAL Christian -- it's surprising that she can see through that beam in her in eye well enough to take IG photos.

This woman is so incredibly self righteous I'd like to squirt some fuss juice right down her throat. 

The Mormon comment right after her pontification about the right kind of Christian made me laugh though. She was obviously offended by it. She thinks she's so much special-er, and she's such a great witness for Jesus and Evangelical Christianity (which is of course the kind of Christianity that is biblical) that she's completely flabbergasted to find that people think she's MORMON. 

I literally almost laughed right in front by of my in-laws today over her being shocked and very offended at being mistaken for a Mormon.

Braggie is self-righteous to a heavy, hefty stink of elephant poop. 

In previous posts, she admitted her main reason for having a blog at all is to develop a following for writing a book, already has a draft, and “shopped it around to publishers”.

I did not know people like Braggie Abbie truly existed out there but time and time again, I am proved wrong by others including Trump, Lori, JRod, and Miss Braggie herself... Even more ironic is the fact that these self-righteous braggarts claim to be Christians when they’ve shown themselves to be nothing like Jesus.

Speaking of Trump, Braggie Abbie has an entire blog post devoted to encouraging other Christians to vote for him as president on Election Day. She made many references of Trump’s ego to that of others in the Bible: http://misformama.net/2016/11/the-anti-vote.html

Here is a small quote from that:

Spoiler

Or what about Esther? She wasn’t asked to vote for a misogynistic braggart (King Artexerxes, who immediately started shopping for a younger, prettier model when his current wife didn’t obey him at the snap of his fingers). She was asked to marry him. She–a pure, undefiled young Hebrew girl–who  could literally have been stoned for sleeping with any man before marriage–much less a pagan king–willingly obeyed her cousin’s request that she join the king’s harem in hopes of winning his favor and becoming his queen because she shared Mordecai’s conviction that the Lord had called her to this moment. Regardless of how unconventional and distasteful that calling seemed.

Of course, if you’ve read Esther, then you know the end to that story: the Lord used Esther’s unusual obedience, beauty, bravery, humility, and wits to literally save her race from annihilation. Could he have done it differently? Sure. Mordecai even told Esther that, if she didn’t step up to the plate, God would choose someone else.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived