IGNORED

M is For Mama - where quiver full meets Pinterest

TuringMachine

59 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Axe to grind might have been referring to you repeatedly bringing up how crappily their house is built when you really can't judge that from online. 

Oh, I disagree. We are real estate investors as a “side gig” (NOW who do I sound like? Braggie!) Her home is a cheapo. Braggie’s house is not lacking in quantity but in quality. My husband’s father owns his own construction business as well so I’ve been able to pick a few things up (do I get points for bringing some brags like Braggie Abbie?) At least at the end of the day, I can sleep at night because I don’t sit around bragging about beating the sin out of kids or squirting their throats with fuss juice. However, Braggie, being the “non-crier” that she is, probably sleeps well anyway. 

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Braggie’s openness about the abuse may actually be worse that the fundies that cover it up. We know the Bates and Duggars used to endorse Pearl’s book and it’s fairly likely they blanket trained at some point. But we haven’t ever heard anything like that from them. If they are beating babies, they were hiding it. Like you should. Braggie is worse because she is giving abuse ideas to moms of large families in over their heads! Did you guys see how many of those Christian homeschooling leghumpers said this was a great idea or that they would try this out themselves? So because of Braggie, other kids are getting abused. And she doesn’t give a single shit.

LL used to be the same a few years back, when she posted on and on about her "correction" and "discipline" tools so her kids would sit quite in church.

The language she uses to describe her children, particularly when they are young, is so telling. She really does not enjoy her children does she? I cannot think of a time when I’ve described my kids with such disdain. Sinners? Snitty? Sputtering? She reduces them to garbage over and over again. 

5 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

For example, the woman drops her 8 kids off to gym daycare 3x/week so she can indulge in her 2 hours of exercise. As crazy as JRod and Zsu are, they aren’t doing this. 

It's not selfish or crazy to take your kids to the gym daycare and (gasp) leave them with someone else while you get some exercise (or even if you wanted to just stare at a wall).  It's ok to want time away from your kids, and there's nothing wrong with taking them to a place where other adults can care for them for a little while.  I know for me, when I had 3 kids under 2 (yay twins) and again after I had my surprise 4th many many years later, being able to go to a gym helped me battle severe postpartum depression and feeling touched out.

Maybe if JRod and Zsu weren't so committed to the idea that they have to be perfectly perfect and keep it all in house, and that if they ever have any desire to put on comfortable workout clothes for some exercise or enjoy time for themselves it means that they're sinning (at least for the first few kids until the big ones can be relied upon for child care) they wouldn't be as crazy as they are.

Sorry for barging in here, but I too was judged for taking time for myself and allowing someone else to hold my baby who wasn't related to me, or to entertain my three wild toddlers when I was feeling very very low.  When the fact is that having that outlet was good for both me and my kids.

Please don't stigmatize wanting to have a breather from caring for small children.  

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Abbie is a selfish brat. For example, the woman drops her 8 kids off to gym daycare 3x/week so she can indulge in her 2 hours of exercise. As crazy as JRod and Zsu are, they aren’t doing this. 

Her character issues are definitely reflected in many aspects of her parenting, but your specific example does not necessarily reflect selfishness on her part. 1) She pays for her gym membership, and daycare is included, so she is not burdening anyone. 2) I am not sure of her exact routine but her exercise time is most likely very beneficial for her physical and mental health, and those benefits will hopefully be passed down to those kids.

Many parents, fundie or not, will often take advantage of family, neighbors, and church people to watch their kids for free, and for reasons that are the fruit of general life mismanagement and selfishness. I am not trying to defend this woman due to her many issues. But your example was so specific, I had to express this as the elements of it do not indicate the level of selfishness you were describing in your post. She is doing something productively healthy and is technically paying for the childcare to do so.

I have certain health issues myself, and if I ever become a mother I hope to not be called selfish for being responsible by lining up proper childcare to take care of my needs. 

I do think it’s interesting that Braggie will leave the kids with “strangers” at the gym daycare for hours a week but won’t leave them with strangers in public school. I’m of course being facetious when calling them strangers. So many fundies say that when they talk about daycare or public school. What if the gym daycare is full of worldly influences?!

Abbie. Abbie.

YOU HAVE A BLOG.

BLOGS are the place to put an extremely long-winded wall of text under whatever twee picture you want to show.

Instagram is for showing a picture with a sentence or two describing it.

Please stop confusing the two.

CC: Karissa Collins

Yeah but people have to follow/click through to her blog! With IG she can get us sinners to accidentally read her crazy by making it public and using hashtags. 

I definitely thought of her last night. Hot sauce for the toddler (because he loves it). Then he even cleaned up the table without being reminded! Hot saucing WORKS! /s 

Have y’all read her blog? Talk about long winded! Omg I had to skip over so much when reading some of her homebirth stories. They were longer than the Bible.

933350171_Screenshot2018-09-25at8_43.15PM-Edited.thumb.png.8070d692bee7fef800dc8f8fdbddfd17.png 

Ok... am I the only one who has a real problem with this monstrosity of a caption? I mean, wow, Abbie, it was their BIRTHDAY and all you could think about was how much you didn't want them? I mean, sure, she says they're awesome at the end, but... perhaps it wasn't the right time for her to say she absolutely 100% didn't want them. No kid wants to hear that. I got told in 6th grade by this one boy that he was a mistake, and I've always thought that was pretty much one of the worst things you could say to a child. Just my two cents.

Finding out you're having twins is a terrifying sock to the gut. It's best to skim over the fact that there were two was an unpleasant surprise, though. I don't think she's capable of writing about her kids without backhanded "compliments" and martyring herself. 

The more I see of Braggie, the more scared I get for her children. She really starts to remind me of a much more affluent, stable Jill Rodriguez or Zsussanna Anderson minus the Fred Phelps wanna be husband. 

My baby sister was born when I was 12 and middle sister was 7.  Baby sister was always referred to as a “pleasant surprise.” (At 39–which was considered OMG OLD in 1965–Mom wound up finally getting the blue-eyed musical genius she’d always wanted.)

2 hours ago, Hane said:

My baby sister was born when I was 12 and middle sister was 7.  Baby sister was always referred to as a “pleasant surprise.” (At 39–which was considered OMG OLD in 1965–Mom wound up finally getting the blue-eyed musical genius she’d always wanted.)

My youngest was born 7 yrs after the second youngest when I was 40, under shocking medical conditions. I seemed pretty OMG OLD too, lol. But I think of her as a miracle extra special gift. I would have LOVED to have twins. 

Braggie’s twins are very close in age to my older child and her son Theo is close in age to my younger child. Braggie is also very close in age to me. 

I have all this in common with her but she still seems like an alien to me. I can’t relate to her. At all. 

Hey Braggie, weren’t you just complaining a little while ago about people who judge the number of children you have?  You know, how every child is a blessing? Wouldn’t twins be a double blessing, not something you begged God not to give you?  

Remember, hard is not the same thing as bad!

On 9/26/2018 at 10:41 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have all this in common with her but she still seems like an alien to me. I can’t relate to her. At all. 

Cheers to that! You are awesome.

Gosh I am a bit guilty of a humble brag and I feel horrible about it what if people think I’m like her?!. For me it’s that I was unpopular in high school with bad skin and skinny , growing up the middle child with a highly intelligent older sibling and very cute younger sibling. I guess it’s low self esteem from then and I’m thrilled my life turned out so much better that I could have hoped. 

I wonder what her story is?

Also doesn’t she realise her husband having a side gig means his proper job doesn’t earn enough money to support them? Not that he is an IT genius?

10 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Also doesn’t she realise her husband having a side gig means his proper job doesn’t earn enough money to support them? Not that he is an IT genius?

I wouldn't agree with this. Side gigs can be very lucrative, can give you the chance to broaden your skill set, and don't leave you dependent on one source of income. I am a big fan of the side gig. 

1 hour ago, katilac said:

I wouldn't agree with this. Side gigs can be very lucrative, can give you the chance to broaden your skill set, and don't leave you dependent on one source of income. I am a big fan of the side gig. 

Oh I think side gigs can be amazing but if he was really high up in the business and earning a stack load of money he wouldn’t have the time or energy for a side gig. 

How many senior executives in a fortune 500 companies would have a side gig? 

Maybe a handful. Maybe. But most are working 60+ hour weeks and the mental energy needed to focus on one business is huge. Let alone a side business. 

I’m sure her husband between the 2 jobs earns a decent income but he’s certainly not a millionaire tech guy. 

21 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Oh I think side gigs can be amazing but if he was really high up in the business and earning a stack load of money he wouldn’t have the time or energy for a side gig. 

How many senior executives in a fortune 500 companies would have a side gig? 

Maybe a handful. Maybe. But most are working 60+ hour weeks and the mental energy needed to focus on one business is huge. Let alone a side business. 

I’m sure her husband between the 2 jobs earns a decent income but he’s certainly not a millionaire tech guy. 

I see what you are saying. My husband works those 60+hr weeks and travels regularly, he has no time for a side gig. He would love to have one for when he retired from the corporate job, and even considered buying a business. But he doesn't have time to over see that even if there was a full time manager. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived