IGNORED

M is For Mama - where quiver full meets Pinterest

TuringMachine

My spine hurts every time she posts a picture of her boys trying to balance a baby on their hips like this.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So she doesn’t like having a baby bump. She doesn’t like mess. She doesn’t like typical toddler behavior. 

What does she like about having kids?!

Oh that’s right. The attention. 

I think the way she puts her hand/s makes her look awkward in these pictures. If she were holding the baby I think she would think it looked a lot more natural. I don’t know how she would think it would feel, on the other hand, but it would be a cure for the vanity woes. 

Also, she is posting anyway because otherwise she will regret not having these memories of her children growing up. But that doesn’t make any sense because the photo should still be there on her phone or camera whether she posts it publicly or not. Or did I miss something here? 

She makes me so glad I don't have to say things in stupid Christian speak anymore and create a meaning out of freaking everything. You feel badly today? IT'S NOT ALWAYS A LESSON ABOUT JESUS, ABBIE, CALM DOWN SOMETIMES YOU JUST FEEL BADLY
Sorry for yelling y'all.

Oh, FFS, you actual twunt. If you “hate” having a baby bump so damn much, why are you cupping your hand over it to emphasize it?  And “not fishing for compliments,” my @$$.

8 hours ago, Somer said:

Also, she is posting anyway because otherwise she will regret not having these memories of her children growing up. But that doesn’t make any sense because the photo should still be there on her phone or camera whether she posts it publicly or not. Or did I miss something here? 

Right. She's pushing right on through her self deprecation and posting a picture on Instagram because it's what Jesus would do. Or something. What a crazy. 

5 hours ago, Hane said:

Oh, FFS, you actual twunt. If you “hate” having a baby bump so damn much, why are you cupping your hand over it to emphasize it?  And “not fishing for compliments,” my @$$.

When people come right out and clarify that...it usually means exactly that! :)

Good lord, it almost sounds like pregnancy gives her dysmorphia! You know you don't HAVE to have endless pregnancies, Abbie. Just stop having kids and definitely get your ass into therapy.

I came on today because my husband now calls her "M is for Martyr" and it makes me chuckle

On 10/1/2018 at 5:33 AM, EowynW said:

Hard to be a millionaire in East Texas ?. This area is super shitty. I hate it with a passion. 

What makes it so shitty? I've never been to Texas before and I hope you don't mind me being curious.

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

What makes it so shitty? I've never been to Texas before and I hope you don't mind me being curious.

Not the person you asked, but I live in East TX also and the hardest thing for me is how super-conservative it is.  Eowyn might have more.

It has its drawbacks for sure, but my husband has a great job that he likes and since it's looking like our grown kids are going to stay around these parts (plus we have other extended family including a precious 3yo who I really want to see grow up), we are probably going to stay.  

And I fully cop to loving the climate here.  I have to wear a coat maybe 20 days out of the year.  We lived in Indiana before and I never want to live where there is snow and ice again.

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

East Texas is SUPER conservative but its hard to find places outside of Denton, Austin,San Antonio, and Dallas that are not conservative. Oh also Houston. SO basically if its not a major city in Texas its conservative. With the exception of Lubbock and Fort Worth, both are major Texas cities but are historically red cities. Even though Dallas and Fort Worth are neighboring cities the two cities can not be more different. 

I kind of always assumed that’s why some of the bigger cities are so liberal (like Austin) in TX. Because liberal people who want to stay in TX all move to the big cities in order to stay sane ;)

My state is conservative in the rural areas but much more mixed in the cities. That’s why I live in the city. I couldn’t handle living in Trump country. I visit on occasion and that’s enough for me!

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I kind of always assumed that’s why some of the bigger cities are so liberal (like Austin) in TX. Because liberal people who want to stay in TX all move to the big cities in order to stay sane ;)

My state is conservative in the rural areas but much more mixed in the cities. That’s why I live in the city. I couldn’t handle living in Trump country. I visit on occasion and that’s enough for me!

I loathe city life so I stay sane with online community. :D 

much of east Texas looks and feels run down. I was really surprised about people being far more unfriendly here than I expected. The town I live is dying yet the people are so uppity and get mad if you even breathe a negative word about the place. It's full of trump lovers, klans & jobs are crappy. There are a lot of ignorant hicks here. And people who stay stuck in the area for several generations.  It feels sad to me. I've only lived here two years so I'm still adjusting. I do like Tyler though. I freely admit I don't fit in in the social circles here in my area. I am not a republican, not a mother & not a baptist  :D 

So her mom bought the fancy dresses- and will be babysitting this weekend.

Abby is a major user.

Her mom should cut her off. If Abby and her hubs want to procreate ad nauseam, THEY need to care and provide for all those kids.

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So her mom bought the fancy dresses- and will be babysitting this weekend.

Abby is a major user.

Her mom should cut her off. If Abby and her hubs want to procreate ad nauseam, THEY need to care and provide for all those kids.

The only reason her mom is able to help so much is because her own mother didn’t “leave it up to god” and have a dozen kids. If she did have a dozen kids she wouldn’t have the time to homeschool and babysit all of them all the time. The same thing happened with Mary Duggar. She was able to help because she only had 2 kids and one of those kids had only one kid. So of course she was able to help out JB. Don’t these fundies see that they still benefit from coming from a small family? 

OMG.  I'm not sure how she accomplished it, but she looks 20 years older in that pic.  NOT FLATTERING.

Yeah, those bangs do not work for her. 

I recognize the dress she’s wearing in the “God wants me to fish for complements” picture. It’s from Free People and it ain’t exactly cheap. Link below if anyone is interested.

She has a pretty posh wardrobe for a stay at home mom of 7. Guess she saves a lot of miney buying all the kid’s clothes secondhand.

1 hour ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

I recognize the dress she’s wearing in the “God wants me to fish for complements” picture. It’s from Free People and it ain’t exactly cheap. Link below if anyone is interested.

She has a pretty posh wardrobe for a stay at home mom of 7. Guess she saves a lot of miney buying all the kid’s clothes secondhand.

I’ve never spent that much on one piece of clothing in my life. Oh wait I take that back. I had to buy a bridesmaid dress for more. It was ugly too. I hate being a bridesmaid. 

I agree, the bangs don't work for her.  IMO the long hair doesn't work for her either, it elongates her face.  Regarding her dress her dress, apparently it's a knock off.

m.is.for.mama:  Amazon! It's a free people knock off, but it's very affordable on Amazon. I think the brand is R. Vivimos.

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve never spent that much on one piece of clothing in my life. Oh wait I take that back. I had to buy a bridesmaid dress for more. It was ugly too. I hate being a bridesmaid. 

I feel ya. We had only 3 at our wedding and we bought their desses for them because they’re family, they were all poor students, and putting a burden like that on them would have been selfish. We knew the whole “you’ll wear it again!” thing is lies. Never been a maid myself because none of my friends or siblings are married, but I know the very idea of being forced to spend hundreds on a dress I might hate makes me feel anxious. 

@0 kids n not countin wow, well that clears that up, I guess. Amazon knockoffs are sockingly close to the real deal it seems!

37 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

I feel ya. We had only 3 at our wedding and we bought their desses for them because they’re family, they were all poor students, and putting a burden like that on them would have been selfish. We knew the whole “you’ll wear it again!” thing is lies. Never been a maid myself because none of my friends or siblings are married, but I know the very idea of being forced to spend hundreds on a dress I might hate makes me feel anxious. 

@0 kids n not countin wow, well that clears that up, I guess. Amazon knockoffs are sockingly close to the real deal it seems!

I was extremely surprised the bride chose such an expensive dress. This bride has been thrifty (cheap, lol) since we were kids! So I (wrongly) assumed she would find an inexpensive bridesmaid dress when she asked me to be a bridesmaid. Nope. I’ve been a BM 4 times and it was by far the most expensive dress. But it wasn’t the ugliest, lol. It was second ugliest.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived