IGNORED

M is For Mama - where quiver full meets Pinterest

TuringMachine

3 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

In previous posts, she admitted her main reason for having a blog at all is to develop a following for writing a book, already has a draft, and “shopped it around to publishers”.

I knew it!  

BTW Braggie, it's "tenets" not "tenants", you air-headed dimwit.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

This woman is so incredibly self righteous I'd like to squirt some fuss juice right down her throat. 

The Mormon comment right after her pontification about the right kind of Christian made me laugh though. She was obviously offended by it. She thinks she's so much special-er, and she's such a great witness for Jesus and Evangelical Christianity (which is of course the kind of Christianity that is biblical) that she's completely flabbergasted to find that people think she's MORMON. 

All fundies want to be the specialest of the special. They are the most special Christians. Didn’t you know? Braggie is just more obvious about it. 

The "evangelical islam? you mean terrorists, right?" bit is shocking.

Apparently that's the only option she can see for sectarian differences between muslims. 

Muslims who evangelise like obnoxious christians is apparently unimaginable.

I was just reading that Chris Pratt said Hollywood doesn’t discriminate against him because he’s a Christian. Lots of Christians on Twitter disagreed although they’ve never worked in Hollywood, lol. They are all looking for persecution. They all want to be so special and persecuted. But they aren’t in America. Braggie is just one of tons of Christians in America that want to be special by being the right kind of special Christian. But they aren’t. They are all so damn similar and predictable. And it’s not just fundies. I’ve come across so many non fundie Christians that want to be so special and persecuted. It’s pathetic. 

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve come across so many non fundie Christians that want to be so special and persecuted. It’s pathetic. 

It is pathetic - especially when those same Christians shell out megabucks for their mega-auditoriums (I won't call it a sanctuary because it's NOT) with coffee bars in the lobby...while their Christian brethren are ACTUALLY persecuted and DYING in places like Iraq, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Burma.  

But those are brown people so they probably don't count.  

Can you imagine what kind of abuse goes on behind the scenes if she thinks it's okay to post about putting babies in cupboards and rinsing their mouths with vinegar? She seems line the nasty control-freak type, that doesn't mix well with eleventy kids in the house.

23 hours ago, ladyaudley said:

Given how gleefully she advertises spanking and rigid routines and putting her crying baby in its moses basket in the cupboardto cry it out I'd say it's a safe bet she's a fan. 

Apparently she does...

I always thought the 'I'm gonna have to wash your mouth with soap." was just an expression, guess I was wrong.

1 minute ago, squiddysquid said:

Apparently she does...

I always thought the 'I'm gonna have to wash your mouth with soap." was just an expression, guess I was wrong.

Only when your parents are ineffectual dicks! 

On 9/19/2018 at 9:22 PM, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I, too, would love to know the answer to this question:

Why are Braggie Abbies walls considered to be paper thin?

(Sis @ophelia asked first at the bottom of page 13 but it appeared to be lost in the shuffle.)

Thanks for any info or links.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I was hoping to hear an answer to this question, too.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:34 PM, luv2laugh said:

Braggie’s goal in life is to desperately maintain the elusion of having it all and receive the butt-pats for it: a skinny body, perfect wife totally BFFs & IN LOVE with an Einstein-Zuckerberg hybrid of husband, HUGE family, faking a rich lifestyle in the paper thin home out in the boonies, faking an Anthropologie style, a Joanna Gaines 2.0 DIY clone, excellent home educator, exercise fanatic, etc.

@luv2laugh, if I'm remembering correctly, you have mentioned "paper thin walls" more than once. Could you share with us where you got your information?

On 9/22/2018 at 1:39 AM, CatholicLite said:

Evangelical Christianity... is it even all the way biblical? 

In my experience, even though people like this lady pride themselves on being "sola scriptura" they are also super dogmatic about extrascriptural stuff (the Edenic serpent being Satan, Moses authoring the Pentateuch, etc.)

On 9/22/2018 at 1:22 PM, danvillebelle said:

It is pathetic - especially when those same Christians shell out megabucks for their mega-auditoriums (I won't call it a sanctuary because it's NOT) with coffee bars in the lobby...while their Christian brethren are ACTUALLY persecuted and DYING in places like Iraq, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Burma.  

But those are brown people so they probably don't count.  

Or they're not the right kind of Christian (Coptic, Syriac, Eastern Orthodox, Catholic, not quite the right flavor of whitebread Southern Baptist Christianity...)

Every time I hear fundies throwing toddler tantrums about Starbucks cups or Happy Holidays or gay people existing, I just want to respond with Kourtney Kardashian's iconic "Kim, there's people that are dying." 

12 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I was hoping to hear an answer to this question, too.

@luv2laugh, if I'm remembering correctly, you have mentioned "paper thin walls" more than once. Could you share with us where you got your information?

Not the person you asked, but I've heard the expression "paper thin walls" to refer to houses built cheap and fast (without as much quality control as they *should* have) OR to refer to an environment where there are no secrets. The former's been a comment on the "fix other people's mistakes" HGTV shows and the latter's been used on ANTM when the drama is being stirred up.

1 hour ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

Not the person you asked, but I've heard the expression "paper thin walls" to refer to houses built cheap and fast (without as much quality control as they *should* have) OR to refer to an environment where there are no secrets. The former's been a comment on the "fix other people's mistakes" HGTV shows and the latter's been used on ANTM when the drama is being stirred up.

I don't see any evidence that Braggie's house is shoddy so I've never understood the paper thin walls dig. Building a house yourself, with discounted materials is in no way equal to a crappy built house. Tons of people do it and it's actually a great way to do it if you are smart & determined enough. 

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

I don't see any evidence that Braggie's house is shoddy so I've never understood the paper thin walls dig. Building a house yourself, with discounted materials is in no way equal to a crappy built house. Tons of people do it and it's actually a great way to do it if you are smart & determined enough. 

Would "paper thin walls" refer to something like single-wall construction?

FWIK, it is a cheaper if weaker form of home construction but it can be suitable for mild to hot climates, not to mention lower budgets. Of course, events like hurricanes or tornadoes are much more destructive for single-wall structures.

Wait...   wait..... am I understanding this correctly .... She puts a crying, screaming baby in a Moses basket in a cupboard, shuts the cupboard door and lets the baby cry it out??!!??!! 

A crying baby is now shut up. In a cupboard. In the dark. To cry it out.  For as long as it takes. Which might be hours.

And no one in her world --  like her husband -- seems to think this is child abuse?

Does she lock the older children in a closet to make them stop doing whatever they 're doing that annoys her?

Braggie if you read here -- you're one cold-hearted, evil bitch.

I am referring to the fact that Braggie’s house is cheaply made. Feel free to feel differently but it’s the truth. Most large homes are built with quality, especially for the resale value. Braggie’s house is large but looks very, very cheap. Quantity does not equate to quality and certainly has not in the case of her home. 

Also, in terms of resale, I wish her luck as her neighborhood school district is not that good. It will be a hard sell. It doesn’t make sense to make a large investment in her area.

Yes, Braggie does read here and yes Braggie, I speak as someone who also does real estate investing with my husband as a “side gig” too but you wouldn’t ever catching me bragging about it. How trashy not to mention silly to brag. You really are a self-righteous fool. 

I am referring to the fact that Braggie’s house is cheaply made. Feel free to feel differently but it’s the truth. Most large homes are built with quality, especially for the resale value. Braggie’s house is large but looks very, very cheap. Quantity does not equate to quality and certainly has not in the case of her home. 
Also, in terms of resale, I wish her luck as her neighborhood school district is not that good. It will be a hard sell. It doesn’t make sense to make a large investment in her area.
Yes, Braggie does read here and yes Braggie, I speak as someone who also does real estate investing with my husband as a “side gig” too but you wouldn’t ever catching me bragging about it. How trashy not to mention silly to brag. You really are a self-righteous fool. 
It kind of sounds like you've got a personal axe to grind. Do you know her?

I'm not sticking up for braggy ... She sounds absolutely insufferable... But you sound really worked up about her in your posts.

Maybe it's just my interpretation.

Yea I don't get how one can say it's cheaply made unless you were there during construction, know what materials were used nd have been in the house. Mr. EW has worked in construction and it's very doable to build quality but smart and affordable. 

On spanking:

”Yes, we have to punish. We do spank (especially when they’re younger), use timeout, and take away privileges (especially when they’re older). We also talk about the “heart” of the matter (the why of the action and the sin that’s causing it) all. the. flipping. time.

I have zero interest in raising robot children who “follow the rules” by rote without ever thinking about why they’re doing it or who they’re doing it for (the Lord, others, themselves, in that order), only to discover, 15 years later, that they don’t have any reason to continue.”

“But any one solution never lasts for very long on its own (I’ll be honest: the spankings, the “discussions,” the prayers, and the hugs are consistent; the rest is a constant process of recycling different methods to keep things as “fresh” and effective as possible).”

On inborn sin in her kids:

“Because, let me tell you, it chafes a bit when both twins are stamping and sputtering in the grocery store, and you’ve hauled them into a deserted aisle for discipline, only to have a lady come along and chirp, “Aw, Mom, she’s just hungry,” because she doesn’t see the perfectly good graham cracker that your snitty 3-year-old is already holding. It takes a fair bit of–yes–humility and willpower not to shoot back, “Nope. She’s just a little sinner, like you and me. She wants what she wants…until she doesn’t.””

on the cupboard:

“If I have to roll the bassinet into the closet and let them fuss for 10 minutes to make sure they really are hungry, so be it.” The whole post is called A Seven-Time Mama’s Best Tips for Sleep-Training Babies 

2 hours ago, myusername said:

I'm not sticking up for braggy ... She sounds absolutely insufferable... But you sound really worked up about her in your posts.

I don’t think a person has to have a personal axe to grind when it comes to feeling passionately towards openly abusive fundies. I think Zoo is probably mine. I feel passionately that she starved Chloe, forces her children to become substitute parents, and beats her toddlers into submission. I’ve had to walk away from my phone more than once when she smugly bragged about spanking her toddlers. Braggie and Zoo have that in common. They brag about the abuse. And it’s infuriating. 

12 hours ago, myusername said:

Umm I don’t think the regular posters in Lori’s thread or JRod’s thread that post everyday ranting about their antics have a “personal axe to grind”. Posters in the Lori & JRod threads are ranting constantly about their abhorrent behavior. I am a regular follower of Abbie’s and come here to rant about the fool she is. It’s fascinating to analyze all the crap she desperately attempts to hide and how her mannerisms depict a mother actively using harmful methods to punish her kids into submission. I give Abbie credit since out of the many phonies I know, she likely spends the largest amount of time maintaining her phony image with her blog, Facebook, and Instagram. I’d argue that Abbie drop the act and parent her 8 kids. Abbie won’t. Why? Abbie is a selfish brat. For example, the woman drops her 8 kids off to gym daycare 3x/week so she can indulge in her 2 hours of exercise. As crazy as JRod and Zsu are, they aren’t doing this. 

I think Braggie’s openness about the abuse may actually be worse that the fundies that cover it up. We know the Bates and Duggars used to endorse Pearl’s book and it’s fairly likely they blanket trained at some point. But we haven’t ever heard anything like that from them. If they are beating babies, they were hiding it. Like you should. Braggie is worse because she is giving abuse ideas to moms of large families in over their heads! Did you guys see how many of those Christian homeschooling leghumpers said this was a great idea or that they would try this out themselves? So because of Braggie, other kids are getting abused. And she doesn’t give a single shit.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived