IGNORED

Raquel Strikes Again

dripcurl

On 7/24/2019 at 10:48 PM, thoughtful said:

Well, if nausea counts, she has succeeded with me!

I think the thread title is missing a word.  It should be 'Raquel Strikes Out Again'.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

LOVE - A TREATISE

nobody else likes the rain

because it's cold and gets you wet

I am special because I like the rain

it makes me feel alive

nobody else likes you

because you're such a loser

i am special because I like you

you screwed up again and I feel alive

Spoiler

tsjustraquel

I love you the way I love the rain.

It’s against the norm to love cool weather or cloudy skies, but these are the telltale signs of rain showers. And when the raindrops start to fall, people stay inside or cover themselves with umbrellas to avoid getting wet.
But I go outside and stand in it,
get drenched in it,
feel the raindrops glide down my back,
and love every chill that rises from my skin.
It coaxes life from me.

And this is how I love you.
I love everything about you that the world may not like - the imperfections people see, the weakness, the mess ups, the flaws they point out.
These are all things I see in you too but in a way, they make me want to love you even more. Because despite the things the world may say you fall short in, you still deserve to be loved.
And I want to be the one to love you.
I want to show you what it means to be loved.
So I promise I will always do my best to do just that.

I don’t need you, but I want you, because you coax life from me. I am like a cactus in a desert. I can go for long periods of time on my own strength, but every once in a while, I want to feel loved,
I want to feel desired.
I want to feel the rain.
And when I met you, it was like a rainstorm drenched my desert, my roots were soaked in your presence, and my flowers began to bloom.
I could not get close enough to you.
I could not have enough of you.

And I know I never will.
——
I was greeted by an Oregon summer rain when I woke up this morning. ? It reminded me of a poem I wrote in my latest collection, ARE MY EYES STILL TAME? • link in bio •

What is her fascination with being outside the norm anyway? There is no effing norm that you aren't allowed to like the rain.

Girl, you like the rain. IT'S OKAY. Lots of people do. Your mama and papa will still love you. People like different things. and it's fine. There is no need to be ashamed either way.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Girl, you like the rain. IT'S OKAY. Lots of people do. Your mama and papa will still love you. People like different things. and it's fine. There is no need to be ashamed either way.

I don’t think she’s ashamed. I she’s amazed by her unique superspecialness. She likes rain! She’s the only one! This is why the world needs her unique voice!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Raquel desperiately wants to be a Manic Pixie Dream Girl.

And this is how I love you. 
I love everything about you that the world may not like - the imperfections people see, the weakness, the mess ups, the flaws they point out. 
These are all things I see in you too but in a way, they make me want to love you even more. Because despite the things the world may say you fall short in, you still deserve to be loved. 
And I want to be the one to love you. 
I want to show you what it means to be loved. 
So I promise I will always do my best to do just that.

"My love is so amazing it will fix you." This is why I wasn't shocked that she apparently got involved with someone abusive. This image she has of herself as a super special martyr to love is not healthy. Her lack of boundaries makes me so uncomfortable, and this is not going to be the last time someone takes advantage of her, nor do I think we've seen the last of her being inappropriate towards others.

• Upvote 4

This might be related: 

Spoiler

untamedworshipper

And he said, “She smelled like an oxymoron and bad choices in men.”
——
Remember I told you that I’ve been waking up with random words floating from my subconscious?
This was a recent one.

• Thank You 3

On 7/26/2019 at 2:20 PM, AmazonGrace said:

She sells Young Living essential oils now.  Is this her big project she was supposed to be announcing this month?

Is her own mother using her for her downline? MLMs are so gross. YL is being sued for being a pyramid scheme, and the suit notes that the average income is $25/yr. https://www.patheos.com/blogs/withoutacrystalball/2019/04/young-living-accused-of-running-illegal-pyramid-scheme-in-new-lawsuit/ That doesn't even go into the bogus and often dangerous health claims YL pushes.

Edited by Terrie
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, Terrie said:

Is her own mother using her for her downline?

Absolutely, not only am I pretty sure Raquel has alluded to this, but it makes perfect sense. I wonder if her and her mother, Tanya, really believe they will someday be at the top of the Pyramid. Raquel is obviously delusional enough to. I will never understand why people still believe in MLMs. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Terrie said:

Because Raquel is who I think of when I think of advice on love.  ?

https://humans.media/this-is-why-people-don-t-like-love

Oh, yikes.

Okay, first of all, if this kind of media had been a thing 25 years ago I would have published stuff like this too. It’s just very “young.”

But, man, it doesn’t even make internal sense. She’s trying to contrast the lightness of romance and the depth of love, which can be relevant and important to do, but even a lot of her “love” examples are the same as romance, all about intensity of feeling.

The thing is, she’s never, to my knowledge, been in a telationship long enough to get past the romance stage. So what she describes as love seems mostly imaginary, about an intended but not experienced future. Which would be fine if she were writing from a place of intention and hope, but instead she’s writing as if an authority.

Also, I’m rolling my eyes at her claim that most people don’t like love (just wanting the fun of romance). Her narrow insightful-me-versus-banal-everyone-else is the main thing holding her back as a writer. She is deeply invested in positioning herself as better than some imagined homogenous “everyone else” and this will hamper her both in creating fictional characters and in writing insightful essays.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Petronella said:

Okay, first of all, if this kind of media had been a thing 25 years ago I would have published stuff like this too. It’s just very “young.”

How old is Raquel now? 23? 24? She's getting past the point where this kind of thing is normal. In my experience, people who haven't started to show signs of growing up by now don't start to mature until their 40s, when they hit midlife crisis, a la Joshua Harris.

• Upvote 5

Oh well, I have known my husband for 25 years and been happily married for 20... but  we don't know a thing about love  because love is supposed to be awfully hard and unpleasant. 

Love is the beautiful, tormenting, heart-attacking knowledge that wells up inside of you at just the sound of their voice.

I've never had a heart attack or felt tormented in any manner whatsoever when hearing his voice.

Love is the reason behind all the late-night phone calls where you fall asleep to the sound of the other's breathing.

We had one four hour phone call 25 years ago when it was in the first infatuation stage (what I would call romance or falling in love). These days our phone calls are about half a minute and about who picks up the kids. If someone calls me and just breathes I hang up immediately and check the caller ID.

Spoiler

Love is a choice and action, not a feeling and emotion.  Love is a decision.  And this isn't exactly an all-time favorite.  It’s not an opportunity that people volunteer for because, to be honest, love is not convenient.  It isn't easy.  It's complicated, it's difficult, it sometimes happens at the most unexpected times. 

And this is why people don’t like love. 

Nah, to be honest I'm not feeling inconvenienced either. I've never felt like putting "it's complicated" as my facebook relationship status. 

Spoiler

They like the flirty feeling of “falling in love” but they don’t love love. Because love is sacrificial.  Love is ferocious. 

I don't feel like our relationship is a sacrifice. Ferocious?

Spoiler

Love is not emotive.  And that takes a lot of selfless, exhausting and undoing.

What the what?

Spoiler

It has a cost.  Love is patient and kind.  It doesn't get jealous or hold grudges.  It doesn't brag.  It is full of respect and honor.  And it doesn't keep a tally of how much it has given of itself.

We have read the Bible, haven't we. 

Spoiler

Love is the hardcore, nitty-gritty baseline in which you have to remind yourself of why you chose that one person.  Even in the moments when you don’t necessarily like them.

I chose him because I like him. Was that wrong.

Spoiler

Loving an imperfect person is really, really hard.  But guess what?  You are not perfect either.

If it's not difficult you have to make it so.

Spoiler

Remember: Loving someone is not about you.  It never will be.  The purpose is not about your own happiness and pleasure and self-gratification.  That is not true love.  Love is not about what the other person can give you and do for you, but what you can pour into them.  

Well I think love in a relationship ideally brings mutual happiness but what do I know.

Spoiler

Love is the most selfless act in the universe.  The purpose of love is the very essence of it, the act, the art, the life lesson of learning how to love another human being.  And that will probably be one—if not the most—difficult experience you will ever have to face.  But it will be worth it.  It will be so worth it.   

If loving your partner is the most difficult experience you will ever have to face, have you ever considered that he might be a dick? Or possibly that you need therapy.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

She really doesn't have a healthy view of relationships, does she? More martyring than nurturing. It raises some questions about her parents' marriage if she thinks this is how it's supposed to be. 

Personally, I was taught that a good relationship, you get back more than put into it. On both sides. Because the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, and not only do you get what your partner gives you, but the act of giving to them also renews you. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I feel like Raquel is just pulling stuff out of her ass more than ever, at least she is writing less frequently. As always, her work is full of contradictions. Let’s say love is always “exhaustive”, how does that make it not emotive, Raquel? And also, why can’t love be an emotion and a decision? The feelings of love are the emotion, the act of loving is a decision. People cannot make the decision to continually love something if they don’t feel anything in the first place. This is probably one of the most stupid posts of Raquel’s because she is such stating blatant falsehoods  about basic emotional functions like it’s an absolute truth.

Hey Raquel, why don’t you make a post about whatever dramatic ending to whatever dumbass fling you had that catalyzed this bullshit? That would be much more entertaining ;)

• Upvote 3

beautiful, tormenting, heart-attacking knowledge that wells up inside of you at just the sound of their voice.  

Despite what some books and movies imply, love isn't some sort of torturous event. It is mostly boring, everyday stuff. 

Love is the reason behind all the late-night phone calls where you fall asleep to the sound of the other's breathing. 

And sometimes the sound of their breathing at night annoys you but you can get used to it and eventually tune it out so you can get a good night's sleep

It’s not an opportunity that people volunteer for because, to be honest, love is not convenient.  It isn't easy.  It's complicated, it's difficult, it sometimes happens at the most unexpected times. 

If you are expecting to be tormented every time you hear the other person's voice, that will be a bit inconvenient. 

Love is ferocious. 

Or is is just emptying the dishwasher and folding clothes. That isn't ferocious but is is more realistic. 

the purpose is not about your own happiness and pleasure and self-gratification. 

I'm don't write fictionals but have been married for a bit and I have found that if you can't care about your own happiness it will be hard to be happy with someone else. Being miserable and having no pleasure will just make your relationship unhappy and breeds resentment. 

Raquel has such warped notions about love and relationships that it is really no wonder she can't have one for any amount of time. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

I like the sound of my dog's snoring. It's a quiet, comfortable, steady, little-old-man sound.

I guess I'm in love with an elderly beagle.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • Love 4

21 guys share what feature of a woman they find most attractive 

She either made them up or told them not to mention boobs, butts, legs etc and this proves guys aren't shallow

https://humans.media/21-guys-share-what-feature-of-a-woman-they-find-most-attractive

When Raquel dates a boy she corrects their grammar https://humans.media/23-things-you-need-to-know-about-dating-a-girl-who-writes

• Upvote 4

I also love it how Raquel getting things totally wrong proves that she's super  perceptive 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190804-103719.thumb.jpg.3637f5f850e6659f8c9a805f116b1c7d.jpg

• Haha 6

FIVE REASONS TO STAY SINGLE

One. You have not found the perfect person yet.

Two. You have not found the perfect person yet.

Three. You have not found the perfect person yet.

Four. You have not found the perfect person yet.

Five. You have not found the perfect person yet.

https://humans.media/14-reasons-why-you-should-stay-single

Sure, it's probably a good idea to date somebody who makes you life better and not worse and  someone who knows how to say sorry, and if you're looking for commitment, someone who is emotionally together enough to do that. 

Spoiler

Stay single until you find someone who is absolutely fascinated by you. Someone who wants to know every single little detail about you. Who wants to study you. Who wants to interact with your heart, not just your body. Someone whose intrigue and obsession with you knows no end. Someone who loves to see you smile and wants to make you happy every day

IDK about that... "Someone whose obsession with you knows no end" sounds more like a stalker than a happy ever after.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

Stay single until you find someone who is absolutely fascinated by you. Someone who wants to know every single little detail about you. Who wants to study you. Who wants to interact with your heart, not just your body. Someone whose intrigue and obsession with you knows no end. Someone who loves to see you smile and wants to make you happy every day

Jesus wept, Raquel!  Stay single!  Not that you will have much problem with that as your selfishness and conceit will drive the vast majority of people away.  

I mean, even if she found this obsessed stalker there is no guarantee she would be equally obsessed with them.  Or even find them attractive.

Only marry someone who is willing to accept your many faults and foibles as you are willing to accept theirs.  And both of you need to be able to negotiate and compromise.  Only marry someone who will (one hopes) help you become a better person as you help them to be the same.

Gadzooks.  Every time I drop in on a Raquel thread I hope she has grown or developed a bit.  And every single time I am disappointed.

• Upvote 8

I mean, even if she found this obsessed stalker there is no guarantee she would be equally obsessed with them.  Or even find them attractive. 

When it comes to relationships she's not even on the same page  with herself.

I mean, if you've found someone you're proud of who complements you and  who makes you their priority , why would loving that person be complicated, inconvenient and the most difficult experience you will ever have to face?  

Or if love is not about you, not about your own happiness and pleasure and self-gratification and not about what the other person can give you and do for you , why would it be so important that they make you their priority, want to make you happy every day, put your needs above their own and help you achieve everything you dream of in this life?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

On 8/4/2019 at 3:29 AM, AmazonGrace said:

When Raquel dates a boy she corrects their grammar https://humans.media/23-things-you-need-to-know-about-dating-a-girl-who-writes

Raquel makes writers sound insufferable. Why exactly would anyone want to date a writer if her claims are true? They are self absorbed, needy, will harp on your mistakes, expect you to tiptoe around their feelings and will then write nasty things about you if you make them mad. I suspect that this is a pretty accurate description of what dating Raquel is like. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

17 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Why exactly would anyone want to date a writer if her claims are true?

Gotta be because they're easy to buy gifts for. Pens are pretty cheap.

Maybe because they will not listen to what you say but they expect you to listen when they try out the same sentence in 20 different word orders. 

Maybe because they will misunderstand you and pick a fight because of a facial expression.

Because they will want you to proofread everything they write and refuse to show you what they wrote.

Definitely because when you write them love letters you get them back with the grammar corrected. Better than Grammarly.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Stay single until you find someone who doesn't need to be fixed

Take your own advice, Raquel. Please. Stop writing poetry about teaching someone that they are worthy of love and how you will be the one to teach them. Please, for your sake and ours, 

• Upvote 5

19 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

That just sounds EXHAUSTING. My sweetheart and I have been married 21 years. We adore each other, but no we don’t “study” each other and “obsess”. Raquel makes it sound like we’re supposed to be gazing deep into each other’s eyes 24/7. Honey, no. That’s infatuation. It’s intense and delightful, sure, but that’s not where love stays forever. A lifetime together has a wider variety of love than you seem to be able to imagine.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Raquel’s FB has been wild. The other day, she asked to interview a legally blind person for a project, I am already gathering the popcorn for how she’ll fuck that up - Raquel has no tact in mundane social media postings (and is unfathomably self-centered of course), I can’t imagine her being super ethical with whatever the hell she is doing with that.

She has an essay post about how amazing being a YL rep is, and weirdly enough, it is the most well written content of hers I have ever seen (even though it is nothing special, to say the least). I also stalked her mom’s business page, they both claim to be making bank, and they both reference Stacy McD, who apparently is offering another “bedroom” course regarding the product. I remember an infamous blog entry of hers (for married women only of course) which involved putting oils directly on your vulva (!!!) and drinking whiskey amongst other libations before being intimate (is everything ok, Stacy and James? What the fuck.) Because being drunk with a burning sensation down there sounds like the best sex ever!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic