IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG that fundie a cappella. When I was in undergrad, I went to a lot of a cappella concerts (it was very big at my school). It's sad that people with nothing else to do all day (save for Erin) are so bad. The a cappella I heard in college was decent----> award winning and almost everyone who sang did so as a hobby while doing intense course work. 

Call me crazy but i’ve Always thought Carlin had the most talent in that family when it comes to singing/music. Poor Lawson tries so hard but is so so SO bad. Lol. Erin does have some nice piano playing skills but nothing out of this world. 

2 hours ago, Joyfully Available said:

Call me crazy but i’ve Always thought Carlin had the most talent in that family when it comes to singing/music. Poor Lawson tries so hard but is so so SO bad. Lol. Erin does have some nice piano playing skills but nothing out of this world. 

Yeah, but success in music or entertainment is more than just talent: it's stubbornness and hard work and an unrelenting drive and compelling desire to be a musician, plus a hefty dose of luck and exposure.

Carlin has the looks and the exposure, but I'm not sure she has the drive or desire or work ethic.

Lawson has the looks and the exposure, and he clearly has the desire for stardom, but I'm not sure he has the talent. He had work ethic in his teens, when he was feeding the family through his tree business, but that hasn't really translated into his musician career.

Erin has the drive and stubbornness and work ethic. She worked hard to get her degree, and she's working hard to keep teaching those kids. I really wish she had gone to UTennessee Knoxville for her music degree, not Crown, for the education she lacks, but she's still working in music and making her CDs. And honestly, for Erin, she may not want more than this (and if she did want a touring secular concert pianist career, she'd never be allowed to admit to it!)

Yes, that’s an apt post @Jigsaw3  It emphasizes how the cult has hindered some of their innate strengths.

Take Jesus/married/babies out of the equation and let these young people figure themselves out. I forgot Carlin could yodel

So the Paines went on vacation and brought Carlin to help?  Is that what happened here?  Like this is their family vacation and Carlin had to go along to take pictures and child care? 

Brooklyn looks miserable in every single photo they take of her, maybe lay off the photos and let her play more?

The kids are cute.  You can tell Brooklyn and Carson were just not about these photos. Let the tykes play in the sand!  Maybe they are channeling Davia Waller.  Bless Davia! ?

I’m sure the kids got to play plenty. Most pictures I see of families with small kids are them being distracted or in a resting face. In 20-30 years they’ll treasure how often they were photographed with their family. 

Erin’s hair has been getting lower and lower since Everly appeared. I think her look is evolving a bit, in a good way.

6 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

So the Paines went on vacation and brought Carlin to help?  Is that what happened here?  Like this is their family vacation and Carlin had to go along to take pictures and child care? 

I suspect it was more than just Paines. Mama Jane posted this comment, which makes me thinks she was there...and was DANCING on the beach with her husband:

janejane242Bill and Jane shaggy* on the sand. SOS so fun!!

*I suspect that she meant "shagging" which means a different thing in the Carolinas than it does in Europe! : ) [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_shag]

3 hours ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

I’m sure the kids got to play plenty. Most pictures I see of families with small kids are them being distracted or in a resting face. In 20-30 years they’ll treasure how often they were photographed with their family. 

Actually, it seems like they are constantly photographing those small children and I'm sure they are over it. You don't get an instagram-worthy photo in just a minute.

I love Brooklyn. She seems like one of those crabby kind of babies. I love the way she doesn't add to Erin's "perfect fundy family" image. Both Chad and Erin have hinted that Brooklyn is not an easygoing baby. Good for you, Brookie!

@HarleyQuinn Bates are not in vacation that often. Some of them, like Lawson, are. But Chad and Erin are the typical family that have a well deserved summer holiday and some excursions during the year. Nothing too fancy. Plus they seem to be frugal, in a positive way: cheap but fitting clothing, lots of DIY, homemade food etc. 

I don't like Chad and Erin very much, because their hateful beliefs, but I respect them for their work ethic.

15 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Erin’s hair has been getting lower and lower since Everly appeared. I think her look is evolving a bit, in a good way.

YES! I was just watching some old episodes on Prime & Erin’s hair in the early days... Shirley Temple curls combined with a giant bouffant up top. I think she’s starting to look a little more natural. She looks so much better! 

Regarding the pictures, Erin is faaar prettier with that low hair, she looks younger than ever. I love Brooklyn but I suffer because if she has a moody or rebellious personality, Erin and Chad may try to break her. And definitely both girls would have been more cute  without the bow or with a smaller one.

On 9/7/2018 at 4:17 PM, Joyfully Available said:

Erin does have some nice piano playing skills but nothing out of this world. 

I disagree, I actually think her piano playing skills are quite remarkable. I think it also says something that she's able to accompany someone who is playing another instrument, which is not something every pianist can do. The only thing she plays that makes me cringe is her version of the Wedding March (yikes). I was also super impressed with her work on her CD (playing and composition) and that's coming from someone who has performed professionally. 

I agree that Erin is an impressive pianist, especially given the training and musical choices she has had. However, to me she comes off as technically correct but without authentic feeling behind the music. Any feeling I've seen seems to just be "more and louder is better".

OH my gosh!! In Erin's latest instagram post, I thought she was Katie! She is so beautiful with no makeup on, so many cute freckles and clear skin! But wow does she look young! I know makeup/hair is a hobby of hers, but she is so beautiful without it. I'm shocked, this is the first time I've seen her this way! 

I also frequently forget how young the Bates mothers are. I assume since they have 2/3 kids they must be 25-30, which is obviously not so. 

26 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

also frequently forget how young the Bates mothers are. I assume since they have 2/3 kids they must be 25-30, which is obviously not so. 

How old is Erin? I think Chad turned 30 this year.

eta: I agree, she looks very young in these pictures. I had no idea she and Carlin had freckles.

1 hour ago, Caskett4ever said:

Erin is 27. Whitney is 24 (but will be 25 in a few days). Alyssa is 23.

Sorry, I mean "started" at 25-30, like people in my circle do. But Erin looks really good for 27 regardless! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived