IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 3: Now With Remarriage?

Destiny

4 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Funny how just a couple of days ago I browsed through that old blog!  That blog is pure VF with virginal young ladies in long skirts having picnic, lots of manly men having manly conversations at random Bible conferences, and lots of cooking and baking at "Nana's kitchen".

Young Master David Brown's bedroom with a sword, a picture of his granddad who is regarded as their semi-God, and some "inspiring" VF-style pictures and words: http://raisedinthebarn.blogspot.com/2008/11/weekend-project.html

David's house in progress, with a picture of a shaved headed man child Taylor Tsantles in Alert-shirt: http://raisedinthebarn.blogspot.com/2008/04/under-construction.html

The golden couple: http://raisedinthebarn.blogspot.com/2008/01/bradrick-family-2008.html

Also, here's the latest picture of Scottie's parents. They look so frail now! I can only recognize two Bradricks there: Triumph and Geneva.  https://ncfic.org/blogs/201000

Fairly easy to pick the others out, if not by name. Heh. They sure are brunette, which leads me to believe Kelly does, or did. (I imagine other moldy oldies here remember the vintage Clairol ad, “Does she or doesn’t she? Only her hairdresser knows for sure.”)

So, Scott: lets see a photo of Barnabas with his GRANDchildren. And their lifemates, whike you’re at it, why not? 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t imagine being a parent and letting my young adult daughter with two/three kids who is also pregnant haul water. I just don’t. I know that kids have to make it on their own at some point, but that strikes me as extreme. I’d certainly wait until a birthday or Christmas and surprise her with a water heater and plumbing. Just ridiculous. 

What's more, I think they had a water heater, it was just a small, 20 gallon one that wasn't big enough for the family's needs. Since the pipes would have already been in place, and a basic 40 or 50 gallon heater can generally be had for 300-400 bucks, it probably would have been relatively cheap/easy to swap it out.

Of course, part of the reason Peter praised Kelly for getting up early to get the water boiling is that it helped warm up the house. IIRC, they were living in an old farm house with little or no insulation, and the kitchen stove, along with a fireplace, were their only sources of heat.

5 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

What's more, I think they had a water heater, it was just a small, 20 gallon one that wasn't big enough for the family's needs. Since the pipes would have already been in place, and a basic 40 or 50 gallon heater can generally be had for 300-400 bucks, it probably would have been relatively cheap/easy to swap it out.

Of course, part of the reason Peter praised Kelly for getting up early to get the water boiling is that it helped warm up the house. IIRC, they were living in an old farm house with little or no insulation, and the kitchen stove, along with a fireplace, were their only sources of heat.

Jeez. In the much-beloved-by-fundies "Little House" and "Love Comes Softly" books, it was the menfolk who got up before everyone else to get the stove going. And in "Love Comes Softly," as soon as the husband (I forget his name) found out the wife was pregnant, he told her there'd be no more carrying heavy water buckets, or other heavy chores, for her. I think I'm remembering that right, even though it's been more than a decade since I read it.

It’s been more like 25 years for me, but I’m pretty sure you are correct about that.

Has there ever been any explanation of why they stand like that?  Do they think it makes them look masculine or something?

Water heaters are not that expensive and they are not really hard to replace.  We've had to replace two.  They are a little heavy and it can be a little bit of tetris-ish depending on where they fit.  But they are not extremely difficult.

1 hour ago, refugee said:

Jeez. In the much-beloved-by-fundies "Little House" and "Love Comes Softly" books, it was the menfolk who got up before everyone else to get the stove going. And in "Love Comes Softly," as soon as the husband (I forget his name) found out the wife was pregnant, he told her there'd be no more carrying heavy water buckets, or other heavy chores, for her. I think I'm remembering that right, even though it's been more than a decade since I read it.

It seems the journey from the sink to the stove is the one that finally proved too hazardous for Peter :5624797d4096d_homegrownparanoiaparanoid:

10 hours ago, ophelia said:

since it never gets old and can't be posted too often:

the tool.jpg

Seriously, that must be the most well-sewn crotch seam ever! How did he not split his trousers?!

3 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Seriously, that must be the most well-sewn crotch seam ever! How did he not split his trousers?!

I assume Doug generally has a lot of extra room in the fit of the front of his pants to work with, so that probably helps.

On 1/12/2019 at 12:17 AM, Petronella said:

I don’t follow the Duggars. Is there a specific thread you would recommend for catching up on this?

The Dillard’s have their own thread, but getting caught up will be a task: they’re on #72 currently. To get all the nuances relevant to their current position, you’d probably have to go back to at least Derick’s Twitter meltdown against TLC, if not back to his Twitter meltdown against Jazz Jennings. 

That being said, it’s quite an arc and a fall from grace. Experiencing it in the entirety by going back to the beginning would be my personal recommendation. I think it’s hard to understand how Jill is received now unless you get a feel for early days Jill. 

15 hours ago, Briefly said:

Water heaters are not that expensive and they are not really hard to replace.  We've had to replace two.  They are a little heavy and it can be a little bit of tetris-ish depending on where they fit.  But they are not extremely difficult.

For all of DPIART's crowing about being Manly and doing Manly things, he never seemed to be much of a hands-on guy and I'm guessing that BRADRICK! isn't either.  Water heater replacement is simple... dead simple... but my guess is that he was thrown by trying to figure out how to work a pipe wrench (not to mention having to figure out which breaker to flip).

You're assuming that these twats would ever deign to fix these things anyway.  There are many people out there who would happily watch someone else haul water and think nothing of it unless they wanted to show off for someone.  The rest of the time they couldn't care less about the hardship others were experiencing, as long as they had warm bathwater and someone to scrub their back.

On 1/13/2019 at 9:09 AM, ophelia said:

since it never gets old and can't be posted too often:

the tool.jpg

That is the oddest photograph...like he needs to use the restroom or has some other personal hygiene issue(s) 

6 hours ago, starfish said:

That is the oddest photograph...like he needs to use the restroom or has some other personal hygiene issue(s) 

I always think of the “snow plow” or “pizza” stance when you’re learning to ski. This photo gets me every time. I should put it on my fridge or something. 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I always think of the “snow plow” or “pizza” stance when you’re learning to ski. This photo gets me every time. I should put it on my fridge or something. 

I have always thought this photo was photo shopped, but I don't think so any more.  I cannot believe he was standing that way.  I do not believe I have ever seen anyone stand that way.  

@Petronella There are pinned threads at the top of the Duggar forum with useful Duggar info, including a very helpful guide by @VelociRapture.

Finding the Megyn Kelly interview w/ Jill&Jessa on YouTube about Josh is a useful key in what has happened to Jill. Also, if you aren’t completely opposed to viewing the show the very first older specials are all on YouTube. Counting On is OnDemand here. If you get a feel for live Jill it helps, imo.

1 hour ago, Flyinthesoup said:

I do not believe I have ever seen anyone stand that way.  

I recently bought a used copy of The Black Stallion, partly for my kids and partly for me. The picture of Alec Ramsay (the human protagonist) on the cover made me smirk every time I looked at it.

Spoiler

The cover:download.jpeg.jpg.46ad7b6a861b611e1daa29f68d9b6f89.jpg

and a cropped shot of Alec:

20190114_232403.jpg.640f3f054075629be488d73bbca87819.jpg

Yup. Still makes me smirk. ?

1 minute ago, AliceInFundyland said:

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? My my. Did you check to make sure it wasn’t some “adult version”?

:pb_lol: I read the whole thing. It's the same one I read as a kid. I'd forgotten how improbable the plot is, and the cringe-worthy "accent" of the one Italian American character, but it's as kid friendly as it ever was. :pb_lol:

OMG, "Shipwrecked with a wild stallion!"   Sounds much more suggestive in 2019! 

Anyway, back to catching up on the old days of Vision Forum and Doug, you'll come across something called Jen's Gems.  This woman's picture is beside Walls o' Text in the dictionary.  She goes on and on and on and, whoa!, she's still going!  During the Jen's Gems heyday, she went by Jen Epstein, but currently Jen Fishburne (Jennifer Epstein Siegle) on facebook. 

Just keep in mind that Jen is 100% Trump 100% of the time (along with other crazy) on FB. 

7 hours ago, Howl said:

OMG, "Shipwrecked with a wild stallion!"   Sounds much more suggestive in 2019! 

Anyway, back to catching up on the old days of Vision Forum and Doug, you'll come across something called Jen's Gems.  This woman's picture is beside Walls o' Text in the dictionary.  She goes on and on and on and, whoa!, she's still going!  During the Jen's Gems heyday, she went by Jen Epstein, but currently Jen Fishburne (Jennifer Epstein Siegle) on facebook. 

Just keep in mind that Jen is 100% Trump 100% of the time (along with other crazy) on FB. 

That FB page is one big Trump love-fest. I want to vomit now. But in  Jen vs. Doug the tool,   I'm not sure who to root for. She is clearly a handful. 

Have the Ro-Botkins ever said anything about the Kelly/Peter fiasco of a marriage? Maybe they are resentful because Kelly's had 2 marriages compared to their 0 marriages. 

10 minutes ago, starfish said:

Have the Ro-Botkins ever said anything about the Kelly/Peter fiasco of a marriage? Maybe they are resentful because Kelly's had 2 marriages compared to their 0 marriages. 

Ha! This reminds me of one of the best lines from "Gone With the Wind" (the film):

"Scarlett's had three husbands, and I'm going to be an old maid!!"

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived