IGNORED

Gun Violence Part 2: Thoughts and Prayers STILL Don't Work

Destiny

The latest news update. Be warned, the video contains a segment where they show footage of the game they were live-streaming with audio of the actual shooting commencing. It's very confronting. :pb_sad:

• Sad 3

Fuckity, fuck, fuck, fuck.  AGAIN!

Anger, because ... ?

Tears/sadness because this has happened again. ?

But yeah, we don't need stronger gun laws. Nope, nope, nope.  

• Upvote 7

I just realised that the 'reason' for not enacting gun laws is because criminals will always find a way around them. But... I'm not seeing many criminals committing mass shootings? 9 times out of 10 neighbours/friends/family are surprised the perpetrator would do such a thing / have guns at all in the first place.

Am I wrong?

• Upvote 5

From Gen. (Ret.) Michael Hayden in support of the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence: 

• Upvote 5

Sweet Rufus, keep me calm, because this makes me so fucking angry I'm fit to burst!  :angry-steamingears:

I hope they put this wanker out of business asap, destroy the plans and lock him up for a good long time!

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20180830_maggie6.PNG

Sadly, and quite disgustingly if you ask me, this is so last week's news. People have forgotten all about it by now.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

Another week, another mass shooting. :pb_sad:

San Bernardino shooting: 10 people shot by active shooter at California apartment complex

At least 10 people have been shot in a mass shooting at an apartment complex in San Bernardino, California, police have said.

Officers are responding to an active shooter in the northeast of the city.

Three victims are reportedly in critical condition.

Photos from the scene showed a massive police presence and nearby roads have been closed.

• Sad 9

10 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

This is not normal

How would this actually work though? Kids don't have their backpacks on their backs the whole time they're in class. Do they really think that even if that thing is lying next to them on the floor, that when a shooter comes in they'll all have the wherewithal, or more importantly the time to put their backpacks on and turn it into a bulletproof vest before they get shot?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

How would this actually work though? Kids don't have their backpacks on their backs the whole time they're in class. Do they really think that even if that thing is lying next to them on the floor, that when a shooter comes in they'll all have the wherewithal, or more importantly the time to put their backpacks on and turn it into a bulletproof vest before they get shot?

Also, many schools ban backpacks in class.

• Upvote 5

This story upsets me. He was in his own home minding his own business, she tried to get in, allegedly because she thought it was her door, now he's dead. Her story doesn't add up to me. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Maybe it's the reporting but her story seems to change a lot. 

I figure she has to have been drunk or stoned. Either way though the first response should not be the gun.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Maybe it's the reporting but her story seems to change a lot. 

I agree and my initial reaction was the same.  In any case even if she is telling the truth an innocent man is still dead who would be alive if she didn't have a gun.  

Edited by mamallama
grammar
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

It was HER mistake (wrong apartment) that got him killed. She should be charged with voluntary manslaughter. Eta: Or second-degree murder, as she meant to cause bodily harm.

Edited by Kailash
Adding a thought.
  • Upvote 7

BTW, in case I wasn't clear before I'm horrified by Jean's murder and know he has no fault whatsoever.  I just think this show the stupidity of the "good guy with a gun" and "guns don't kill people".  Often the mere presence of a gun can make what would have been an innocuous encounter deadly.

• I Agree 6

Pumpkin Spice Ugh...

• WTF 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic