IGNORED

Gun Violence Part 2: Thoughts and Prayers STILL Don't Work

Destiny

It hurts my heart that we had to have a part two of this thread, but that's the world we apparently live in. 

Continued from here:

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I wouldn't have expected anything else from a yellow-belly orange-faced coward.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

I was just coming over to post that. Here's a snip, for your vomiting pleasure:

"How about kids instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about maybe taking CPR classes or trying to deal with situations that when there is a violent shooter that you can actually respond to that," Santorum said on CNN's "State of the Union."

• WTF 18

Because when you've been shot in the head, CPR will definitely save your life (said no nurse ever, including me)

• Upvote 12
  • Angry 1
  • Love 6

Best sign I've seen.

Note the accompanying text.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 7

And it seems that the DC crowd alone surpassed tRump's inauguration crowd. I'd love to see the tantrum. 

Spoiler

Shortly after one o’clock on the day of the rally, as the bulk of the attendees had settled in to listen to the speakers and musical guests on the main stage, Senator Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) felt confident enough about the size of the crowd to take a salty swipe at President Donald Trump.

“I can tell you for sure, it’s larger than the Trump inauguration,” Van Hollen told The Hill, picking at the oldest sore spot of the Trump presidency — the crowd size at his inaugural celebration. Famously smaller than that of his predecessor, President Trump’s sensitivity to comparison spurred former White House press secretary Sean Spicer into his first controversy, hours into his tenure — a moment he now regrets.

A few hours after the March For Our Lives concluded, organizers laid down their marker with reporters, setting their figure at 800,000 attendees.

Should those numbers bear out, Van Hollen’s enthusiasm would be validated: a crowd that size would push past most estimations of the Trump inaugural, though it would still be considerably short of the number that were tallied at President Barack Obama’s first inaugural, or the first Women’s March.

Of course, crowd size can be a notoriously difficult thing to measure. During the controversy over the size of the crowd at Trump’s inauguration, Vox’s Sarah Frostenson solicited the expert opinion of Keith Still, a professor of crowd science at Manchester Metropolitan University in the United Kingdom. Still estimated that the crowd for the Trump Inauguration was somewhere between 300,000 and 600,000 people — a fairly wide variance.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, JMarie said:

I was watching that in real time - and I thought my ears were deceiving me, even for him. Unfortunately not.

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

I wouldn't have expected anything else from a yellow-belly orange-faced coward.

As for Trump playing golf - I hate to say this - as ridiculously lazy and entitled as he is - I sometimes wish he would just play golf until such time as he gets impeached. He does less harm that way (at least that is true if he stays off Twitter while playing golf).

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

I was just coming over to post that. Here's a snip, for your vomiting pleasure:

I think Sanscrotum should learn how to go fuck himself first before we presume to teach the Parkland survivors anything.

Maybe he wouldn't be such a Frothy asshole then. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

And that's how you say no to the NRA.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

Here's someone who's not out hiding on the golf course. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

Fair warning: you'll probably cry.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Every time the Rethugs talk about justices who are Constitution "originalists"  this is what I think of. Is this what they mean? Because scratch the surface and yes, this is what they mean.

Anybody know what became of the "talent show" that was supposed to have bumped the March For Our Lives from the mall.  It all seemed very shady to me. Some event only a handful of people and one table needs the entire National Mall? 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

OK, in the midst of all this horror (and it's personal here: a local kid was taken off life support Thursday after Great Mills HS shooting):  But here's something to remind y'all that THE KIDZ ARE ALRIGHT!  https://www.today.com/parents/students-have-active-shooter-plan-teacher-wheelchair-t123597

Have I mentioned recently that I ADORE activist folk under voting age?  *tremble, politicians: they're taking names and registering to VOTE*

• Upvote 12
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, samira_catlover said:

OK, in the midst of all this horror (and it's personal here: a local kid was taken off life support Thursday after Great Mills HS shooting):  But here's something to remind y'all that THE KIDZ ARE ALRIGHT!  https://www.today.com/parents/students-have-active-shooter-plan-teacher-wheelchair-t123597

Have I mentioned recently that I ADORE activist folk under voting age?  *tremble, politicians: they're taking names and registering to VOTE*

Darn it, you made my eyes leak! Yes, they leaked a lot yesterday, as well. I'm so proud of our teens and can't wait to live in the world they create!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

The lengths these gun-nuts are willing to go to misinform...

This is the original from which the above still was taken and photoshopped:

There are a few more tweets in the above thread, which are worth reading too.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

The lengths these gun-nuts are willing to go to misinform...

Yeah fuck the photoshoppers. And the farm animal they rode in on. This is about encouraging Reich wing fucksticks to target Emma and her friends.

• Upvote 7

Here's the latest solution to stop a school shooter: You stone them. Additional bonus: it's biblical, so what more could you want?

Hey, stop laughing! It really is a thing, you know! Here's proof:

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

If you think this is a hoax, think again.

• WTF 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic