IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 6: Now Officially Engaged!

laPapessaGiovanna

does anyone else find it odd how quite the Duggar's have been about Siah and Lauren since the engagement has been announced. no new pictures nothing. 

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

does anyone else find it odd how quite the Duggar's have been about Siah and Lauren since the engagement has been announced. no new pictures nothing. 

Well, they only recently announced, and there's plenty else going on in the Duggar family rn. I don't see why they should share any more with the world than they want to; some couples have been very active on social media and some have been more reticent. It might be that SiRen have some kind of rules about social media before marriage (joint insta account, y'all!!!) or whatnot, they might just not care for it.

Anyway, the Marjorie courtship was so noisy and public and self-conscious that maybe they prefer to keep things quiet this time round. Let coupledom be something they figure out between the two of them, not between them and the viewers. They don't owe us anything, in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

Well, they only recently announced, and there's plenty else going on in the Duggar family rn. I don't see why they should share any more with the world than they want to; some couples have been very active on social media and some have been more reticent. It might be that SiRen have some kind of rules about social media before marriage (joint insta account, y'all!!!) or whatnot, they might just not care for it.

Anyway, the Marjorie courtship was so noisy and public and self-conscious that maybe they prefer to keep things quiet this time round. Let coupledom be something they figure out between the two of them, not between them and the viewers. They don't owe us anything, in my opinion.

I was just pointing out that before the engagement Siah was posting a bunch about her on his insta since engagement nothing.  if anything you would think it would be the opposite. 

50 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I was just pointing out that before the engagement Siah was posting a bunch about her on his insta since engagement nothing.  if anything you would think it would be the opposite. 

That's what makes me think it could be a rule they've agreed on together. Or maybe that's just what turns out to feel right to them, or maybe they're too busy with other stuff, or maybe they're saving it for the TV/magazine exclusive, or maybe he's run out of data. I doubt it's a reflection on their relationship, but we aren't due an explanation.

Do we know what date they are getting married on? I am predicting a June wedding and a honeymoon baby, just like JoKen. I get the sense that Kendra & Lauren are going to become BFFs :hug:. They're both teenagers only a year apart, both have moved away from home and married into the famous Duggar family, and both come from big fundie families.

I wish Josiah and Lauren nothing but the best. He bas been my favorite since the first Duggar special.

I return to snarking now.

2 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Do we know what date they are getting married on? I am predicting a June wedding and a honeymoon baby, just like JoKen. I get the sense that Kendra & Lauren are going to become BFFs. They're both teenagers only a year apart, both have moved away from home and married into the famous Duggar family, and both come from big fundie families.

I doubt we will know for sure until an invite is leaked or we see a bunch of Duggar friends start posting about going to a wedding on social media. 

I'm guessing end of May. That would put them at three months post engagement (assuming they did get engaged at the end of February and not earlier). It would also be a few weeks before Kendra's due date (assuming she's actually due in mid June) and a couple months before Jinger is due, which might make it easier for her to travel to the wedding.

4 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

"...or we see a bunch of Duggar friends start posting about going to a wedding on social media. "

Actually, I'm going to assume the opposite. I am guessing that when all of the Duggar friends go radio silent at the same time, that the wedding will happen very soon.

JRod was criticized big time when she spilled the beans on Jinger's(?) wedding and wasn't invited to the next one. I don't think anyone will want to make that mistake again. In fact, everyone was dead silent around Joy's wedding.

27 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Actually, I'm going to assume the opposite. I am guessing that when all of the Duggar friends go radio silent at the same time, that the wedding will happen very soon.

JRod was criticized big time when she spilled the beans on Jinger's(?) wedding and wasn't invited to the next one. I don't think anyone will want to make that mistake again. In fact, everyone was dead silent around Joy's wedding.

I guess I was just thinking of JInger's wedding slip up. I really didn't follow much around Joy or joe's wedding. 

Ugh, Josiah with facial hair... he looks like Josh but blond... :shock:

okay i'm pretty sure the girls are wearing shoes but what ever type of shoes they are wearing almost make them look bare foot. 

49 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Shockingly, JRod did actually get her mitts on an invite to Joy’s wedding!

Which she then posted, including a portion of a note that indicated that not all RSVP-ing guests may be able to actually attend the ceremony due to space concerns. The invite OBVIOUSLY wasn’t for public consumption. 

Then she got to use their laundry machines during a trip and posted photos after specifically being asked not to...and had to remove them within 24hours.

Since then she seems to have soured on the Duggars. There have been thinly veiled comments made about young ladies who were raised skirts-only but then choose to wear pants. And she made no mention of an invite to Joe’s wedding. 

2 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Then she got to use their laundry machines during a trip and posted photos after specifically being asked not to...and had to remove them within 24hours.

@Georgiana Interesting! Thanks for telling me she was invited. I'm assuming she couldn't go because of the space? 
Wait, I am confused on what you're saying about her taking down pictures. Was she at the Duggars home and used their laundry machines? How do we know she was asked to not put up pictures? I'm just wondering. I am surprised she has soured on them, she was such a die-hard Duggar fan. I even remember back in the day, YEARS ago, when she used to copy Michelle's hairstyle.

Hmm. I was going to guess a late April wedding based on Jinger hitting the third trimester around then, but then I remembered that JD could just fly them to and fro... (Also, who is the other pilot in the family?)

But Joy's wedding was in late May last year....

Maybe late April/early May, then. Kendra and Jinger won't be so heavily pregnant and it won't overshadow Joy's anniversary or cross with a sibling's birthday. Then again, Jinger's anniversary is on her nephew's birthday soooo nothing surprises me with these people anymore.

I'm gonna guess April 21st. Seems like good timing, and it'll be 2019's Easter date.

I don't care at all. But I like to speculate!

10 hours ago, Taylurker said:

Hmm. I was going to guess a late April wedding based on Jinger hitting the third trimester around then, but then I remembered that JD could just fly them to and fro... (Also, who is the other pilot in the family?)

Maybe late April/early May, then. Kendra and Jinger won't be so heavily pregnant and it won't overshadow Joy's anniversary or cross with a sibling's birthday. Then again, Jinger's anniversary is on her nephew's birthday soooo nothing surprises me with these people anymore.

I'm gonna guess April 21st. Seems like good timing, and it'll be 2019's Easter date.

I also think they use Nathan Bates as a  pilot 

Assuming they got engaged in late February, late April would put them at only two months post engagement. That would be the fastest wedding yet, and I'm not sure they'd actually have time to pull it together. 

4 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I also think they use Nathan Bates as a  pilot 

It sure looks like it, given Josiah's instagram post up above!

I would guess the wedding will be in mid-May at the earliest. I’m thinking it will be around May 20th but I wouldn’t rule out the weekend after due to Memorial Day weekend.

15 hours ago, Taylurker said:

April 21st is Jason's birthday.

To be honest, there's so many of them that they really can't worry too much about overlapping birthdays and anniversaries. It's inevitable. Plus they have to work around church and TLC scheduling, all in a three-ish month time span... Their options are limited enough already. So I wouldn't rule out a May wedding even if it does end up being close to Joy's anniversary.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived