IGNORED

Pris & David 7: Wall to Wall Wallers

Jellybean

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

Delilah is a pretty name. Although each time I read it Tom Jones pops into my head.

For me it's the plain white tees and hey there Delilah. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

For me it's the plain white tees and hey there Delilah. 

I've now got an ear worm!!!!!!

Dafna makes me think of the novel and movie Exodus.  The kibbutz Gan Dafna was named after Ari Ben Canaan's  murdered sister, Dafna.

And I'm another who think of a certain vampire from Buffy when I hear Drusilla.  I hadn't heard the name Demaris since I was in Sunbeams before I saw the Food Network chef.

Daria gets my vote because the unintentional reference to the sullen cartoon would be hilarious. I hope she makes even half the delightful faces that my champion fundie child, Davia does. Ooh Delight! Now there's an acceptable name for this miracle precious blessing. 

Dorothy/Dorothea and Dominica/Dominique both have good religious meanings, meaning "gift of God" and "of the Lord" respectively.

Virtue names are another theme! I can't think of any traditional virtue names starting with D, but Diffidence, Deference, Dependence, Diligence, Deliverance, Discretion, and Discipline all have that Puritan ring and sound appropriate for a fundie girl. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Darla! 

Noooo. Why did all female vampires have a name that started with D. No Darla, no Drusilla! :P 

*Darla created Angel in Buffy! 

Because Priscilla is seemingly sweet and the kid will be fair I like Daisy.

Because of her older sister’s side-eye I LOVE Daria!

And because of her life I like Deliverance.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, melon said:

Delphine or Delphina.

Both are lovely (& incidentally, it reminds me of the flower delphinium). One of my aunt's cousins names is Sister Mary Delphine, & yes, she's a nun. Very nice lady, although I've only met her a few times.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:37 PM, Rachel333 said:

Dorothy/Dorothea and Dominica/Dominique both have good religious meanings, meaning "gift of God" and "of the Lord" respectively.

Virtue names are another theme! I can't think of any traditional virtue names starting with D, but Diffidence, Deference, Dependence, Diligence, Deliverance, Discretion, and Discipline all have that Puritan ring and sound appropriate for a fundie girl. :pb_lol:

The name Dorothy immediately brings to mind the show "The Golden Girls". Can you just imagine a Pecanette turning into a Dorothy Zbornak?  ;) 

My husband had a great aunt Dorothy aka "Auntie Dolly" and Dorothy was on our list of girls' names.  We didn't use it though although we did use a couple of other family names for our girls.  

My folks had a dog named Daisy and between that Daisy, Daisy Bumstead from Blondie and Daisy Duck, I tend to think of animals when I hear Daisy.  I do love all those Daisys, though,  and I thought about Disney-bounding as Daisy Duck. (We both have wide feet.)  Maybe next time...

Dorothy was my grandmother's name. Interesting to learn it's a virtue name. Oh geez, I flashed to Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. I am assuming David and Priscilla shun worldly movies so the reference is lost on them. So much fun to be had, and it's all flying over their heads. 

The name Delphine makes me think of Stephanie Cole's character "Mrs. Delphine Featherstone" on Open All Hours and Still Open All Hours . She's a "black widow" type who is always happy to find another rich husband to outlive. She's very adroit at bossing men around, and I'd love to see her take on the ATI patriarchy. :pb_lol:

Spoiler

5ae6dfbfab8e6_delphinefeatherstone.jpg.9eedec209925584ac902adc4905cfb0a.jpg

Daisy is sweet. And sounds right for a girl who'll be teached to smile and to wear ribbons and play dolls.

Dahlia.

Dorothy sounds a bit outdated, but means "gift of God", so perfect for a Waller baby.

Danielle/Daniella is an option.

Delphine or Dominique sound too catholic.

What about Destiny?

both my grandmother and mother were named dorothy, and it is my daughter's middle name. she has a niece (husband's sister's baby) who is also dorothy...i think it is making a small comeback. old names are definitely new again!

maybe davinity instead of divinity, keeping with the dav---

I've been thinking more D names. 

I like Dunia (pronounced Doo-nee-ah)

Dreirde (too British for Wallers, maybe?)

17 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I like Dorothy, they could call her Dori for short.  Or Dahlia, and Dali for short.

With Dori finding dory pops up in my mind :giggle:

I think Dolly Waller would be a perfectly obnoxious name. It works keep Pricilla's double L as well. Daisy world also woek well with it. (Those could be the names of girls 2 and 3.)

19 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

My folks had a dog named Daisy and between that Daisy, Daisy Bumstead from Blondie and Daisy Duck, I tend to think of animals when I hear Daisy. 

i like Daisy, too, but i'm another one who associates it with animals.  i currently have a chicken named Daisy.

19 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Or Dahlia, and Dali for short.

that one makes me think of Salvador Dali.  

Dottie is also a nick name for Dorothy. Although the Wallers aren’t using nicknames with their children. So maybe Dorothy would be just Dorothy.

@catlady, Daisy is a great name for a chicken.  The only human Daisy I can think of offhand -and I didn't remember her until last night's episode of Downton Abbey- is Daisy, the kitchen maid at Downton.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived