IGNORED

Ivanka and Jared 2: Tarnished Gold

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

"statement, White House communications adviser Carolina Hurley responded to the backlash, saying, "Only the media and the cancel culture movement would criticize Ivanka for showing her personal support for a company that has been unfairly mocked, boycotted and ridiculed for supporting this administration - one that has consistently fought for and delivered for the Hispanic community. Ivanka is proud of this strong, Hispanic-owned business with deep roots in the U.S. and has every right to express her opinion"

Um, considering she violates the Hatch Act by expressing her opinion, she should be criticized.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

The delightful Alexandra Petri's satiric take: "Ivanka Trump is full of beans"

Spoiler

Ivanka Trump wants you to know that getting a new job is very easy. For instance, earlier this week, Ivanka Trump was a senior adviser to the president, a job theoretically restricted from endorsing products or services. But yesterday she got a new job, as a spokeswoman for Goya beans!

Ivanka posted on Instagram a picture of her in front of a beige wall and a different-beige curtain, holding a slightly blurry can of black beans, captioning it: “If it’s Goya, it has to be good. Si es Goya, tiene que ser bueno.”

Wow! Congrats to Ivanka, but even more, congratulations to Goya! Goya had better cancel its entire ad budget for the year; this single photograph of Ivanka has convinced me. I too want a can of these beans! I look forward to planting them in my garden, or placing them on my mantelpiece, or taking them into beige rooms as my accessory of choice, or whatever it turns out their purpose is, which I have less idea of now than before I saw the post!

This is a strong move on her part. Of course, you can see why anyone would want to get out of the Trump administration at this point. The president will not stop talking and making things worse, his two hobbies. His team, running out of useful pastimes during the pandemic that has claimed 134,000 American lives, has decided it might be fun to try to discredit Anthony Fauci. They are also trying to keep the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from knowing how many people are suffering from the virus, in keeping with their guiding philosophy that there is no problem so great that it cannot be solved by knowing less about it. It seems as good a time as any to cut ties, is my point!

Besides, this sends a broader message! This just goes to show that millions of Americans, if they tried, could Find Something New, as Ivanka’s most recent (pre-bean) ad campaign tried to remind them. Of course! That was it. It was that the thought of getting a new job had not occurred to people; that was why they were struggling and filing for unemployment in huge numbers. And if people do not have enough bread, let them eat beans. Goya beans! They might turn out to be cake. Anything might!

In further good news, the president also seems to be taking this guidance to Find Something New to heart. He posted on Instagram, too, on Wednesday afternoon: a photo of himself behind his desk, flanked by Goya beans, coconut milk and chocolate wafers, all unopened, giving them two thumbs up. For this we must have Ivanka to thank.

Until her ad campaign, would it have occurred to the president that he did not need to be trapped in a job to which he was so clearly ill-suited? Now he knows he can follow his passion: awkwardly posing with food products as though he has never seen such things before.

It was only a matter of time before the Trump family cast off the trappings of power and decided to dedicate themselves, full time, to selling beans to the American people. If you saw Donald Trump and someone asked you, “What do you think this man does?” and the two options that person gave you were “He sells bean products, but he isn’t very good at it” and “He is the president of the United States” — would you guess the second thing?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I don't have the skills, but someone needs to do something with Goya's Maja (nude or clothed), Ivanka's face, and a can of beans.

Spoiler

image.png.e6748a32c68462759ae91dd45bf1c64e.png

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

On 7/15/2020 at 10:05 AM, 47of74 said:

The internetz are having fun with this. 
0A5F5A8E-4884-4E81-A06E-9884F9744A5F.jpeg.7bb76b1b3ea78982c0f7cd11fcb76c1c.jpeg

Also this 

Hide contents

3ED0CB31-4EB9-47BD-87A9-1E2D81FC5A60.thumb.jpeg.6de308b3a57ad8a5ce7815b4f941f75c.jpeg

I am laughing at your choice of which image to spoiler...

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

On 7/15/2020 at 3:45 PM, Cartmann99 said:

I saw a Trump supporter yesterday on Twitter encouraging people to buy Goya products.

So, apparently, is Goya - I saw lots of their products on sale when I was at the supermarket yesterday.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

So, apparently, is Goya - I saw lots of their products on sale when I was at the supermarket yesterday.

Do you mean that you noticed for the first time how many products Goya sells?  Or is the store promoting them more?  Is the store selling them at lower prices (on sale)? 

If it's the second, maybe the store is pandering to the Pro-Trump people.  If it's the latter, maybe the store is trying to clear their shelves to make room for other stock that isn't so politically divisive.  Maybe the store is hoping to force people on a tight budget to buy those products because they're cheaper.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Flossie said:

Do you mean that you noticed for the first time how many products Goya sells?  Or is the store promoting them more?  Is the store selling them at lower prices (on sale)? 

If it's the second, maybe the store is pandering to the Pro-Trump people.  If it's the latter, maybe the store is trying to clear their shelves to make room for other stock that isn't so politically divisive.  Maybe the store is hoping to force people on a tight budget to buy those products because they're cheaper.

Sorry I wasn't clearer:  Many of the Goya products I saw were being sold for lower prices than standard for them.  It's a very common brand in supermarkets in my area and I don't think stores would stop selling them, or even try to sell fewer products within the brand, unless sales took a very prolonged downturn.

• Upvote 1

ICYMI, Ted Cruz had something to say about his cherished memories of Goya beans and his grandparents. Apparently he thought Goya was a synonym for black beans. Someone set him straight.

Spoiler

goya.jpg.3bf5095bfc42279be34a2197e4874ea7.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

How do I feel? Disgusted:

• Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 4

What good is daddy's takeover of the government if treason princess and lurch don't profit from it?

"Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner earned at least $36 million in outside income last year, new disclosures show"

Spoiler

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner earned at least $36.2 million as they served in the White House last year, reporting a boost in income from some companies they own that hold residential and commercial properties, new disclosures released Friday show.

President Trump’s daughter and her husband, who serve as top advisers to him, reported a minimum combined income that was at least $7 million higher than in 2018, when they reported making at least $29 million, according to their personal financial disclosures, which they are required to file annually.

Their minimum income was lower last year than it was in 2017, the year they entered government service, when they reported earning at least $82 million, the disclosures show.

However, it is impossible to determine the exact amount that the couple earned or their net worth, because documents they are required to file with the Office of Government Ethics require administration officials to only report the worth of assets and liabilities in ranges.

Still, the filings, which were submitted last month and released Friday, show that the couple continue to collect huge sums from their outside businesses even as they work inside the administration. Their combined income last year ranged from $36.2 million to $157 million, according to a Washington Post analysis of the disclosures.

The White House and an attorney for Kushner did not immediately respond to requests for comment Friday evening.

Like his father-in-law, who refused to sell his private company when he entered the White House, Kushner has retained partial ownership of his family-run real estate business, Kushner Companies. While he relinquished day-to-day control of the company, the arrangement has drawn criticism from government ethics experts, who say it opens the doors to conflicts of interest and possible influence from foreign entities.

Ivanka Trump initially held on to her namesake clothing and jewelry brand when she joined the administration, but shut it down in July 2018 amid a political backlash that led several national retailers to drop her line.

Her income from the brand has declined by millions since 2018, when she reported earning between $1 million and $5 million from the company. In 2019, she earned between $100,001 and $1 million in rent or royalties, according to the new disclosures.

For the third year in a row, Trump reported earning $3.9 million from her stake in the Trump International Hotel in Washington, a fixed annual amount she receives from revenue produced by the property, which serves as a hub for the president’s supporters and those with business before the administration.

The couple reported between $22 million and $110 million in liabilities, including a new debt that they hold jointly with members of an entity called Times Square Associates, valued at $5 million to $25 million, the disclosures show.

They reported between $203.8 million and $782.8 million in assets in 2019, compared with 2018, when they reported between $181 million and $755 million, The Post analysis of their disclosures found.

• WTF 5
  • Thank You 1

Jared is a _____(fill in the blank with your favorite adjective). It seems he possibly did have a plan devised with dubious associates and countries but from the Vanity Fair article: "Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “

https://www.alternet.org/2020/07/jared-kushner-called-on-to-resign-after-damning-report-reveals-his-depravity/

The Vanity Fair article

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/07/how-jared-kushners-secret-testing-plan-went-poof-into-thin-air

• Disgust 7
  • Thank You 1

There are some awesome names. My favorite name so far is Public Enemy.

Edited by WiseGirl
Add text
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Well if you put Donnie in the picture I've got a name for them- Tiny Hands and the Nitwits

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Mushroom Residue

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Cow intestinal secretions

• Haha 5
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

How about Demon Sperm?

• Upvote 9

17 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Ranked

• Upvote 4

On 8/2/2020 at 5:42 PM, WiseGirl said:

Rancid toejam

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

Do they really think black community is going to vote for this guy? 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Do they really think black community is going to vote for this guy? 

In a word, yes.

They are racists to the core and actually believe the horrible stereotype of all people of color being dumb sheep that can be tricked into doing things en masse.

When Biden wins, I hope that Jared, Ivanka and Kanye (and possibly Kim, although she has smartly created some plausible deniability for herself) are all prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

• Upvote 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic