IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 2: Growing (a Little Bit) Older Together

Jellybean

I zoomed into the note and can make out most of it...

" Carlin, thank you for all that you do to help with the kids and house! I couldn't manage without you. You're such a help and blessing! Love you, mom" 

I filled in some words that looked like it probably was correct based off what was available and context.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems nice but at the same time if Kelly “can’t manage” then what is she going to do when Carlin marries? Heaven forbid she manages her own kids 

Maybe Carlin has stuck around out of a sense of obligation to her siblings?  Sort of a “I’d love to be married but I can wait until my future husband has a stable job because my siblings need a parent?” 

2 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

Maybe Carlin has stuck around out of a sense of obligation to her siblings?  Sort of a “I’d love to be married but I can wait until my future husband has a stable job because my siblings need a parent?” 

This made me chuckle. I doubt Carlin has the capability for that level of maturity.

15 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Does Kelly's note not so secretly mean that she doesn't want Carlin to leave so she doesn't have to parent her own kids? 

I'm pretty sure that this one of the many reasons she isn't engaged to fundie zoolander yet. Kelly stopped parenting her own kids one Michaella was old enough to have her first buddy. This was probably 20 years ago.

12 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

That doesn't sound like Carlin at all.

13 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

More like "I'd love to be married but my parents are guilt-tripping and manipulating me with gifts, attention, and praise into staying longer because they're realizing that if I leave, they'll actually have to parent". 

“I couldn’t manage without you” is a pretty telling when you consider Carlin is trying to move out like yesterday. Kelly is shaking in her boots.

All this is just making me feel much worse for Katie. She's almost 18 and with 2 sisters about to leave, shes the oldest girl and she's going to have to do everything. 

I know FJ is not Carlin’s biggest fan, but I think she’s just immature and a product of her environment. Parenting 10+ siblings can’t be an easy job, and it must be especially taxing when you’re not allowed the freedoms of an average young adult.  I know, lots of young adults raise children, but not this many and not your parent’s kids. 

I just feel like she gets awfully harsh treatment for how she comes across on SM, and she’s really only mimicking tons of (secular) bloggers/influencers/instagram models.

On 7/25/2018 at 6:45 PM, ColeJo said:

Typically, at Christian colleges you have to abide by the same lifestyle code even if it's online. I don't know about Crown College specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Didn't Carlin say in a clip a few weeks ago that she was happy to be doing the online Clown program because it meant she could get married sooner? Not sure if this means the rules are different for online students but I'm guessing that might be a possibility. 

On 7/27/2018 at 3:21 PM, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

This made me chuckle. I doubt Carlin has the capability for that level of maturity.

I think Carlin is a sweet girl context wise. However, I agree. The first time she has the chance to jump, she's doing it. I don't blame her! Not her dern kids.

Since the BAtes boys don't seem to know how to do much of anything, and since the Bates girls get snatched up pretty quick, Kelly is going to be in dire straits in a few years. She certainly won't be able to run around the country, visiting here and there, talking at conferences. Not unless she decides that the boys are capable of being in charge while she is away. Surely Lawson can cook, clean and look after the young ones? 

I think Kelly is super-glad Carlin is home, instead of being out of the house at college. I just hope they didn't manipulate her into that. Carlin needs more exposure to the outside world, not less.

2 hours ago, Hisey said:

Since the BAtes boys don't seem to know how to do much of anything, and since the Bates girls get snatched up pretty quick, Kelly is going to be in dire straits in a few years. She certainly won't be able to run around the country, visiting here and there, talking at conferences. Not unless she decides that the boys are capable of being in charge while she is away. Surely Lawson can cook, clean and look after the young ones? 

I think Kelly is super-glad Carlin is home, instead of being out of the house at college. I just hope they didn't manipulate her into that. Carlin needs more exposure to the outside world, not less.

Well seeing as Erin is the closest married sister-mom geographically I'm predicting that she'll be called upon a lot for babysitting duty once Josie and Carlin have made their escape. A year down the line Erin and Katie will be tag-teaming.

On 7/18/2018 at 9:03 AM, Screamapillar said:

Seems like they tagged the restaurant that they possibly at ate (Biscuit Love) and then posed for a picture in front of the restaurant across the street (The Pub). This is in the Gulch in Nashville.

Or maybe they didn't even eat at either one and are just using the name of the restaurant to declare that their love is #BiscuitLove.

Biscuit Love is soooooooooooo overrated.  Carlin and Evan are quintessential New Nashville. I cannot wait to be able to move somewhere else!

5 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Biscuit Love is soooooooooooo overrated.

I walk through the Gulch on a regular basis when visiting Nashville, and there is always a huge line waiting to get into Biscuit Love.  This happens at other a few other local eateries, as well, and I don't know if it's just a Nashville thing, but I couldn't wait in line in the hot weather.

15 hours ago, Hisey said:

Kelly is going to be in dire straits in a few years. She certainly won't be able to run around the country, visiting here and there, talking at conferences. Not unless she decides that the boys are capable of being in charge while she is away. Surely Lawson can cook, clean and look after the young ones? 

I don’t think it will be an issue for Kelly.  Addie and Ellie are 12 & 11 and Katie is almost 18 so I imagine she will be home 2 more years.

In 2 years the younger girls will be 14 & 13 and the little kids won’t be so little. I imagine Michaela and Erin were responsible for babies and toddlers when they were that age.  They probably have it easier than the older kids.

18 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

I don’t think it will be an issue for Kelly.  Addie and Ellie are 12 & 11 and Katie is almost 18 so I imagine she will be home 2 more years.

In 2 years the younger girls will be 14 & 13 and the little kids won’t be so little. I imagine Michaela and Erin were responsible for babies and toddlers when they were that age.  They probably have it easier than the older kids.

I don't think Katie will be single long unfortunately. I could see her courting within the next year if she isn't already doing so under the radar. I have a feeling she'll be married at 19. Hopefully her schooling will force her to wait until she's at least Tori's age. 

6 minutes ago, stardust said:

don't think Katie will be single long unfortunately. I could see her courting within the next year if she isn't already doing so under the radar. I have a feeling she'll be married at 19. Hopefully her schooling will force her to wait until she's at least Tori's age

I agree, that is why I guessed she would be home 2 more years. 

Eta: she is currently 17.

Crown hasn't specified their nursing/medical degree yet. I just hope it is LPN (or dare I say more). But the program also may be CNA because I think it's under their trade program. Either way, if she hopes to be a nurse, it would be nice to see her do just that before she marries. We shall see.

ETA announcement pic.

It is possible their nursing program is not trade at all. Looks like they have their own department. 

Btw how creepy is their motto? 

CCnewprograms.png

16 hours ago, Hisey said:

Lawson is the one buying all the food, he might as well learn how to cook it. 

23 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Lawson is the one buying all the food, he might as well learn how to cook it. 

That was years ago when Lawson had the lawn business and he said did it when payments were late coming in on the tree business as a loan.  

Kelly will simply cut down on Addie's and Ellie's schooling so that they can help more with their younger siblings. And I can't see Erin being much of a support although she lives closest to their home. She'll keep on having one baby after another and might need her sisters to support her with babysitting. 

Where do Zachney live? How far is it from the Bates compound?

On 7/29/2018 at 8:50 PM, stardust said:

I don't think Katie will be single long unfortunately. I could see her courting within the next year if she isn't already doing so under the radar. I have a feeling she'll be married at 19. Hopefully her schooling will force her to wait until she's at least Tori's age. 

Her Instagram account is  public for more than a year now. My guess- there is someone already. Maybe “just a friend” or already a step ahead (=getting to know/ talking to)- similar to Josie und Kelton. 

I can see this to be the new baseline for courtships. Girls in a trade and working for a few months, boy being around since years, good editing to make them look calmer and more mature, boy actually earning money in a job he has been trained (no matter if trade or university) for...

Most people (here and the fans) don’t give too much flack, nevertheless they are very very young, because of their circumstances. Compared to CarVan they just look better equipped and I am sure the Bates have realised this and will make that work in their favour.

On 7/28/2018 at 7:11 PM, PurpleCats said:

I know FJ is not Carlin’s biggest fan, but I think she’s just immature and a product of her environment. Parenting 10+ siblings can’t be an easy job, and it must be especially taxing when you’re not allowed the freedoms of an average young adult.  I know, lots of young adults raise children, but not this many and not your parent’s kids. 

I just feel like she gets awfully harsh treatment for how she comes across on SM, and she’s really only mimicking tons of (secular) bloggers/influencers/instagram models.

I agree with this.

I actually don't think she is note-worthily immature. I think she is just an extroverted 20 year old who comes across as, well, an extroverted 20 year old.

And I can't really blame her for wanting to escape her parents house. Most 20 year olds crave freedom, and most of them are not stuck with the job of educating and constantly watching multiple younger siblings. Not Carlin's monkeys, shouldn't be Carlin's circus.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived