IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 2: Growing (a Little Bit) Older Together

Jellybean

7 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think there is a lot of tension in the house right now with Josie getting married and Carlin not. in a recent live the person reading the questions has Carlin if she would be the next to be married but before he asked he made sure to say I'm not asking and I don't want to cause any jealousy issues. 

Zach said it but he was joking, if there was real tension he wouldnt be joking about it in a live.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, llucie said:

Zach said it but he was joking, if there was real tension he wouldnt be joking about it in a live.

Humor is based on truth, methinks. 

I am wondering: given that Jolton's proposal was mildly extra (fly her out to Moab, Utah, propose to her in the national park), and Caravan are so extra that they cancel out each other's extra and their child will probably be a wandering Zen monk who advocates for a minimalistic ascetic lifestyle, how insane will the long-awaited proposal be? How much yelling in Wal-Mart will it involve? 

On 8/12/2018 at 12:43 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

I just see them as young and annoying not dangrous and annoying like the other two couples.

Why? They will probably have the same horrible beliefs the other couples have. Sure Evan won't be as awful as Josh(hopefully), but as a couple they will probably believe the same terrible things Josh/Anne and Jill/Derick. They are more media savvy so we probably won't see them writing the awful stuff, but does anyone really think that these two disagree with the anti-gay things Derick writes? 

8 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Why? They will probably have the same horrible beliefs the other couples have. Sure Evan won't be as awful as Josh(hopefully), but as a couple they will probably believe the same terrible things Josh/Anne and Jill/Derick. They are more media savvy so we probably won't see them writing the awful stuff, but does anyone really think that these two disagree with the anti-gay things Derick writes? 

No, obviously they all agree, even Erin and Chad, and the other couples that are more favored here for some reason agree with all of that. 

Now comparing them with Josh a known pedophile is a bit too much.

On 8/12/2018 at 1:37 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Humor is based on truth, methinks. 

I am wondering: given that Jolton's proposal was mildly extra (fly her out to Moab, Utah, propose to her in the national park), and Caravan are so extra that they cancel out each other's extra and their child will probably be a wandering Zen monk who advocates for a minimalistic ascetic lifestyle, how insane will the long-awaited proposal be? How much yelling in Wal-Mart will it involve? 

I think he was joking at the fact that people believe that. When he said that i was even thinking he may read here. 

Carlin seemed to be stumbling over her words as she explained why her and Evan were probably not getting engaged soon in tonight's episode. I did feel bad for her as she did she seemed disappointed that they were waiting. 

32 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Carlin seemed to be stumbling over her words as she explained why her and Evan were probably not getting engaged soon in tonight's episode. I did feel bad for her as she did she seemed disappointed that they were waiting. 

what did she say? Yes we know those two aren't ready but like you I can't help but feel so bad for her. Her whole life she is raised to believe her end goal is to be a wife and mother, and here she is with this boyfriend who  she's been with for almost two years. officially courting for a year and she has to sit back and watch her younger sister get fast tracked to marriage. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

what did she say? Yes we know those two aren't ready but like you I can't help but feel so bad for her. Her whole life she is raised to believe her end goal is to be a wife and mother, and here she is with this boyfriend who  she's been with for almost two years. officially courting for a year and she has to sit back and watch her younger sister get fast tracked to marriage. 

She stumbled over saying that they were in transition, she was in school and Evan was in electrician school, that they didn't want to rush it. I didn't really get the idea it was Carlin's idea and I'm not sure if it was Evan's either from the way they both tried to explain why they wouldn't be getting married so soon.   

12 hours ago, llucie said:

Now comparing them with Josh a known pedophile is a bit too much.

ITA. Josh is just too awful for words, but couple wise I'm not sure what makes Carlin and Evan any less dangerous than the others. 

4 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

. I didn't really get the idea it was Carlin's idea and I'm not sure if it was Evan's either from the way they both tried to explain why they wouldn't be getting married so soon.   

Which is actually pretty sad. They may be immature, but they are still adults being controlled by parents. 

Fundie or not, it can be extremely difficult to see people's relationships progressing super fast and yours is not. 

Even if its the logical or most reasonable decision, its difficult to not feel envious so I feel for Carlin.

I understand it's hard for Carlin. My s/o & I know we are getting married, even have a lot of details of the wedding worked out, but with the way our lives are individually we are actually further away timewise from a wedding than we are from when we first started dating and it makes it seem so long. We both have friends who have been together (or even known each other at all) for less time than us, we have couple-friends that have stable paychecks and houses and kids already, and it can definitely be hard to watch other peoples' lives go faster than yours. However, we have the maturity to understand that our lives are our own, both as individual people and together - something that Carlin keeps trying to claim that she has while she and Evan "wait". I feel for her, but it's pretty damn obvious to call her bluff. 

5 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I understand it's hard for Carlin. My s/o & I know we are getting married, even have a lot of details of the wedding worked out, but with the way our lives are individually we are actually further away timewise from a wedding than we are from when we first started dating and it makes it seem so long. We both have friends who have been together (or even known each other at all) for less time than us, we have couple-friends that have stable paychecks and houses and kids already, and it can definitely be hard to watch other peoples' lives go faster than yours. However, we have the maturity to understand that our lives are our own, both as individual people and together - something that Carlin keeps trying to claim that she has while she and Evan "wait". I feel for her, but it's pretty damn obvious to call her bluff. 

the thing is I wouldn't feel so bad for Carlin if she could have a normal relationship but man she can only hold his hand. there is no date nights sans Chaperone. there is no kisses (Or anything else for that matter)  there is no hope that even if they can't get married maybe they can live together. (This reminds me of a clip from yesterday's epsiode where they are double dating with Tori and Lawson crashes and Evan says something about when he and Carlin get a house in Nashville and Lawson is all you're not getting a house.)  Carlin is basically at the mercy of her parents telling her when it's okay for her to step into adult hood. 

Carlin must really like Evan, or see him as her best option. Because if I was a fundie itching to become an adult and escape KJ and hillbillygilly then the Lord would lead me out of this relationship and into the arms of another eligible fundie bachelor who was more established in life, like John David :pb_lol:

carlin and Evan play top golf. (that's the right name correct?)  and Evan gave carlin a locket. (In her IG story) 

23 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

However, we have the maturity to understand that our lives are our own, both as individual people and together - something that Carlin keeps trying to claim that she has while she and Evan "wait". I feel for her, but it's pretty damn obvious to call her bluff. 

I think it is not only lacking maturity but also the fact that she has been made to feel like the choice isn't ours. My husband and I waited a bit to get married for financial reasons, but the choice was ours. Carlin has been raised to think that if she rebels against her parents and goes and makes a choice like to marry without their permission she will be committing a major sin. If allowed they might make the choice to marry soon, but they aren't allowed to do so and she is forced to act like she is okay with this when it is clear she isn't. She also has to see her younger sister get to be married and become an adult while she remains a child in her parent's eyes. 

As annoying as she is I can't help but feel a bit sorry for her because she is still brainwashed into thinking she can't make decisions for herself. 

Carlin replied to a fan on Instagram asking if they have engagement rings on: "It’s little rings we bought that say “her king” and “his queen”.

28 minutes ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

Carlin replied to a fan on Instagram asking if they have engagement rings on: "It’s little rings we bought that say “her king” and “his queen”.

Haha! Of course they have those rings.

how embarrassing.

If they were regular people it would be a great idea to wait to get marry, they could move in together and see how it goes and in a year or two when they are better situated in life marry. Its a shame they cant do that.

Will they graduate after this upcoming school year? If so, they could do a NYE engagement and a 3 days after graduation wedding. If not, how long can Gil and Kelly hold out on them? It's been two years! How long can they prevent the main thing they've been taught to do?

I do think its good they've been forced to drag it out, but yeah, I can imagine it's awful for Carlin, esp with Josie passing her. 

2 minutes ago, Babysitter said:

Will they graduate after this upcoming school year? If so, they could do a NYE engagement and a 3 days after graduation wedding. If not, how long can Gil and Kelly hold out on them? It's been two years! How long can they prevent the main thing they've been taught to do?

I do think its good they've been forced to drag it out, but yeah, I can imagine it's awful for Carlin, esp with Josie passing her. 

not sure about Carlin but when she graduates doesn't mater int he big scheme of things. Alyssa dropped out of school. Micheal, Erin and Tori all finished after marriage. in one of the last lives she said Evan was going into his third semester but I"m not sure how long his schooling is. 

8 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

carlin and Evan play top golf. (that's the right name correct?)  and Evan gave carlin a locket. (In her IG story) 

Crud, according to the second picture scorecard, it looks like Katie and Evans brother went along.  Wait, is Kaitlyn Katie? Maybe not!

1 minute ago, TeaELSee said:

Crud, according to the second picture scorecard, it looks like Katie and Evans brother went along.  Is Kaitlyn Katie?

no that would be Evan's sister. Katie's formal name is just Katie and she's currently in California with Lawson. 

10 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

not sure about Carlin but when she graduates doesn't mater int he big scheme of things. Alyssa dropped out of school. Micheal, Erin and Tori all finished after marriage. in one of the last lives she said Evan was going into his third semester but I"m not sure how long his schooling is. 

I think Carlin said he was doing an apprenticeship. According to google an electrician apprenticeship program usually consist of about four years of paid, on-the-job training, combined with classroom instruction. But i dont think they are waiting four years,

I mean, tbh, we’re not getting engaged “soon” could mean anything by a twenty something fundie that wants to be married NOW. I’m guessing these two will be married by the of 2019, but probably within a year. 

19 hours ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

Oh dear lord. I look forward to the throw pillow and shabby chic wall art equivalents of this on their future wedding registry.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived