IGNORED

Joy and Austin: 248 Days Since the Wedding and Still Counting

Coconut Flan

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Just want to congratulate you on the birth of your daughter! I hope everyone is doing well. :) 

Thank you! She is doing great now. Had a brief NICU stay, mostly to regulate temp and blood glucose (I am a diabetic).

I thought it was funny how with both kids, I was due the same day as a Duggar daughter. I had my tubes removed this time so we are done having kids...it astounds me that these women are staring down a future of like 10+ more pregnancies. Insane.

49 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I laughed. I cried. That was truly hilarious, thank you for sharing! 

18 minutes? Ain't nobody got time for that... lol

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

So my guess of March 4th would put her ten days overdue. I'm keeping it. 

DISREGARD. I knew something must be wrong with my estimate, and I went back and counted three times and kept coming up with ten days. FINALLY I realized that I was counting from the 22nd to the 4th. But I am leaving my response as evidence of how truly hopeless I am when it comes to these pesky things called numbers. :pb_lol:

Still, I feel like I have an ethical* obligation to not change my guess now, this close to the event. So I'll just have to keep March 4th. Even though I'm sure she's not going to go 19 days past her due date. Then again, this is the daughter of Jill...

*not really

RUFUS GIVE ME STRENGTH, I WAS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. ffs. Don't ever let me try to do anything remotely involving numbers ever again.

This sounds so much like me trying to math. I feel like we're kin. :562479574e583_32(16):

2 hours ago, karen77 said:

Seriously, people, it's happening this weekend!! I'm out of town for 4 days at a knitting convention and won't be able to pay any attention!

I'm so jealous. A knitting convention would be my idea of heaven.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Mine to, but I crochet, I'm not very good at it but I love it, I would love to knit but I can't get the hang of it.  I need to take a class.  I've had a couple people try and help me but they didn't have enough time for the amount of help I need. 

4 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Mine to, but I crochet, I'm not very good at it but I love it, I would love to knit but I can't get the hang of it.  I need to take a class.  I've had a couple people try and help me but they didn't have enough time for the amount of help I need. 

I can’t knit to save my life. My tension is horrible. I can crochet decently well though. 

4 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

I thought it was funny how with both kids, I was due the same day as a Duggar daughter.

Congrats on your new baby! That's a funny coincidence with the due dates... though I guess with how many of them are having kids now, it's almost inevitable. :P 

7 hours ago, karen77 said:

Seriously, people, it's happening this weekend!! I'm out of town for 4 days at a knitting convention and won't be able to pay any attention!

Totally off topic, but are you going to Madrona? Hoping to make it down Saturday unless my little one decides to make her grand entrance. 

On 2/11/2018 at 7:33 PM, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Boobahs..that is all

Hide contents

2eb1693ed4e7055609347cea531dec6e.png

Reveal hidden contents

Boobah is the oddest thing I've ever seen on TV. Is it for pre-verbal babies or something? It's surreal and quite frightening, especially if you have consumed mind-altering substances (I found this out the hard way).

I remember a long, silent shot of a great big heap of colourful rubber balls in the middle of a field. Eventually the narrator said, 'it's a pile of balls' and that was the end of the scene.

Joy looks like she has dropped! I think this is will not be a March baby but definitely February.

I also hope it's a baby boy, not a girl. Fingers crossed!

@AprilQuilt, I'm not really into mind-altering substances, but the first time I saw Boobah, all I could think was, "It's Teletubbies on acid!" And that was with the sound off. :my_confused:

Add me to the crew who would love to go to a knitting convention, @karen77. If Stephanie Pearl-McPhee is there, I'll be especially jealous! :my_smile:

My mother is a knitting superhero. And of course, I benefit from it... I know how to knit, but I only knit caps and oher easy, small items.

I know we are all just speculating here but as a fellow pregnant woman officially due the day after Joy-Anna I can't tell you how annoying it is when people tell me "I've dropped". I have carried low this entire pregnancy. The doctor asks me if I think I've dropped and I can't tell a difference but just go ask the random lady at church who hasn't seen me in weeks and she'll give you an opinion. After last Sunday even my husband was like "why do people keep saying that?" because he can't see a difference other than my bump is bigger and heavier than ever. It got old after like the 2nd time I heard it from a random person and I figure they are likely only saying it because of how close I am to my due date. Joy probably doesn't read here so speculate away just thought I'd let people know that in real life pregnant women don't really want to be told this. At least I don't!

1 hour ago, JesSky03 said:

I know we are all just speculating here but as a fellow pregnant woman officially due the day after Joy-Anna I can't tell you how annoying it is when people tell me "I've dropped". I have carried low this entire pregnancy. The doctor asks me if I think I've dropped and I can't tell a difference but just go ask the random lady at church who hasn't seen me in weeks and she'll give you an opinion. After last Sunday even my husband was like "why do people keep saying that?" because he can't see a difference other than my bump is bigger and heavier than ever. It got old after like the 2nd time I heard it from a random person and I figure they are likely only saying it because of how close I am to my due date. Joy probably doesn't read here so speculate away just thought I'd let people know that in real life pregnant women don't really want to be told this. At least I don't!

For some reason, even when you're not a Duggar, people see pregnancy - and your pregnant body - as something that is free for all to comment upon.

From comments such as "You look so beautiful today", "You are pregnant, aren't you?", "Wow, your bump is big for how far you are along" to unsolicited belly-touching, I've had it all already, and I'm only about halfway along.

I wonder what it is that makes even normally reserved people think that it's ok to comment on your body when you're pregnant. Sometimes it feels as if a pregnant woman is common property.

12 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

For some reason, even when you're not a Duggar, people see pregnancy - and your pregnant body - as something that is free for all to comment upon.

From comments such as "You look so beautiful today", "You are pregnant, aren't you?", "Wow, your bump is big for how far you are along" to unsolicited belly-touching, I've had it all already, and I'm only about halfway along.

I wonder what it is that makes even normally reserved people think that it's ok to comment on your body when you're pregnant. Sometimes it feels as if a pregnant woman is common property.

I wish I knew the answer! I'm so glad I work from home now- when I was at work people thought it was okay to come over to my desk and ask me to swivel around so they could see how big I was and sometimes after I would reluctantly turn around they would pat my belly. Just why?! One woman really threw me off when she did that because I had barely ever interacted with her.  Thankfully no strangers have tried to touch my belly at the grocery store or anything but I have gotten several "so are you pregnant or did you just swallow a basketball?"comments. Hahahahaha so funny, good one :562479528aee8_32(4):

Yeah, I don't get the "dropped" thing either. To my untrained eye, I looked pretty much the same two weeks before my due date and the day my daughter was born, hours after her due date. She did roll from posterior to anterior position in the last days so I looked bigger, but still carried high. I "dropped" as she literally came out of my body, I guess.

I definitely dropped before my daughter was born. My mom had three kids and instantly saw the difference when she came to pick my dog up in case we needed to go to the hospital. I also carried a bit on the high side though, so any dropping would have been noticeable. 

23 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

I think some people are just assholes, but a lot of people are likely just excited and don’t necessarily know how to properly show it. Kind of like how lots of people feel genuine sympathy when a woman suffers a miscarriage, but they say the wrong thing because they simply don’t know what to say. 

General guidelines for anyone reading though: if you aren’t 110% sure that your comment will be received positively, just don’t say it. Also, don’t touch a pregnant woman without her consent - if you wouldn’t touch a non-pregnant person in a certain way then don’t touch a pregnant person that way either. Pregnant women are still people and their personal boundaries should still be respected.

14 hours ago, nst said:

it's totally happening this weekend...and you are at a knitting convention...to bad ... I am sure you can see in the sky the moment Jill delivers the little one. 

watch for red streaks in the sky

There are skylights in the hotel, I'm sure I'll be able to see. Won't the lights dim? 

12 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

It's just a little bit fantastic!!!! 

http://madronafiberarts.com/

They also have sitiches west, south and east during the year too!

7 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Totally off topic, but are you going to Madrona? Hoping to make it down Saturday unless my little one decides to make her grand entrance. 

Yes!!!!!! ARe you going to be around all day? We have a small dinner party after for those of us who aren't going to the banquet. I have class all day, but obviously have a break for lunch. ;) just sayin'

Were you there last year?

4 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@AprilQuilt, I'm not really into mind-altering substances, but the first time I saw Boobah, all I could think was, "It's Teletubbies on acid!" And that was with the sound off. :my_confused:

Add me to the crew who would love to go to a knitting convention, @karen77. If Stephanie Pearl-McPhee is there, I'll be especially jealous! :my_smile:

She is... and she does a few classes, which are great, and runs the teacher's talent show on Thursday night! Check the link out, you'll see all of our awesome teachers!

Can ya'll tell I'm just a tad excited?

I’m betting boy for Joy, some manly McHunter name as a first name and definately Robert as a second name for both JimBob and Bobby, their BIL. 

A girl might get a frilly girl name chosen by Austin “I always liked ...”. His sister has a daughter named Harper, one of my most hated names ever, so that might influence them (in a bad way). 

I learned the hard way not to ask a woman if she is pregnant. I was 13 and at Sams Club with my sister when I asked the cashier how far along she was, you know, because I was just SO sure. 

Turns out she had had her baby six months ago. Talk about embarassing. 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I think some people are just assholes, but a lot of people are likely just excited and don’t necessarily know how to properly show it.

That's probably it in many cases. However, it's just weird how many people at work with whom I have hardly interacted before suddenly behave in a much more familiar way than I would have expected (or wanted...) Even more so when I get reactions from random strangers in the street, bus or supermarket.

I don't get angry or annoyed because I usually assume that people have the best intentions and I can be awkward at expressing myself too :), but I'm a quite shy, reserved person who likes to stay in the background, so it's taking some getting used to all the attention and comments.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived