IGNORED

Joy and Austin: 248 Days Since the Wedding and Still Counting

Coconut Flan

22 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

My parents refused to get cable until I was in my last year of school so I only watched CBBC and CITV after school and on weekends and school holidays. I thank them for that now because I went outside after the shows had finished at 5.30. The shows in the 90s and early 00s were good. I loved Arthur, Mona the Vampire, Art Attack, Grange Hill both the modern ones and the vintage ones repeated on Sundays, Byker Grove and Rugrats. Some of the American and Australian imports were good too I liked Keenan and Kel, Lizzie McGuire and Round the Twist.

We're about the same age, I watched all of these. I'd forgotten about Mona the Vampire, I loved that show! My absolute favourite show was Come Outside. I've never met anyone else that remembers it though, which I find really strange! It was about a woman who flew around in a spotty plane with her dog and went to find out how various things were made.

My sister is a fair few years younger than me, so I experienced a second childhood watching cartoons and kids shows with her. Balamory was her favourite, it's a beautiful show set in a tiny Scottish village - the theme tune was also really catchy! 15 years later and I still find myself singing it sometimes!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, missaudrey said:

We're about the same age, I watched all of these. I'd forgotten about Mona the Vampire, I loved that show! My absolute favourite show was Come Outside. I've never met anyone else that remembers it though, which I find really strange! It was about a woman who flew around in a spotty plane with her dog and went to find out how various things were made.

My sister is a fair few years younger than me, so I experienced a second childhood watching cartoons and kids shows with her. Balamory was her favourite, it's a beautiful show set in a tiny Scottish village - the theme tune was also really catchy! 15 years later and I still find myself singing it sometimes!

What’s the story in Balamory wouldn’t you like to know....

That is one of those songs that burrows into your brain and puts itself on repeat!

13 hours ago, missaudrey said:

My absolute favourite show was Come Outside.

I LOVED that show - nothing can beat an eccentric lady flying around in a spotty plane with Pippin the dog! 

There were a few tv shows I can barely remember...

circus boy, with Mickey Dolenz as a blonde, Pre Monkee days,

and the one with Buffalo Bob... Howdy Doody..

and something with vinyl you could put over the tv screen and draw what they showed... and make Shrinky Dinks...

and of course the Mickey Mouse Show with the ORIGINAL Mouseketeers..

19 hours ago, missaudrey said:

My little cousin was obsessed with come outside, my papa's sister, Mabel called him one day when she was in and when he said I'm talking to your Auntie Mabel she thought it was Mabel from the show and spoke to her. She was telling everyone she was talking to the real Auntie Mabel.

A few years before Balamory started I went camping in Mull and visited Tobermory, the town where it's filmed. It is a lovely place and they benefitted from a lot of tourists. My oldest nephew thought we were lying when we told him we had been to Balamory. The theme tune was catchy. A lot of the songs on Cbeebies were, glad both nephew's have grown out of kids TV because most of the shows now are terrible.

I wonder why her tag says Joy Duggar.

since Austin’s says guest, does it mean something like it’s her auction liscense, in her maiden name, and hes her guest? I have no idea how this stuff works, if auctions need like liscense or something. 

59 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

We have confimeation that Joy's due date is the 22nd! And that she is still pregnant.

So my guess of March 4th would put her ten days overdue. I'm keeping it. 

DISREGARD. I knew something must be wrong with my estimate, and I went back and counted three times and kept coming up with ten days. FINALLY I realized that I was counting from the 22nd to the 4th. But I am leaving my response as evidence of how truly hopeless I am when it comes to these pesky things called numbers. :pb_lol:

Still, I feel like I have an ethical* obligation to not change my guess now, this close to the event. So I'll just have to keep March 4th. Even though I'm sure she's not going to go 19 days past her due date. Then again, this is the daughter of Jill...

*not really

RUFUS GIVE ME STRENGTH, I WAS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. ffs. Don't ever let me try to do anything remotely involving numbers ever again.

For a second, I wondered why Jill is in that picture.. wow, I've never seen the strong semblance between Joy and Jill.

The name tag is weird, but maybe she has a customer account from before she got married? There was a Counting On episode once with some of the J kids going to auctions and flipping cars to invent a story line earn some money...

50 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

So my guess of March 4th would put her ten days overdue. I'm keeping it. 

DISREGARD. I knew something must be wrong with my estimate, and I went back and counted three times and kept coming up with ten days. FINALLY I realized that I was counting from the 22nd to the 4th. But I am leaving my response as evidence of how truly hopeless I am when it comes to these pesky things called numbers. :pb_lol:

Still, I feel like I have an ethical* obligation to not change my guess now, this close to the event. So I'll just have to keep March 4th. Even though I'm sure she's not going to go 19 days past her due date. Then again, this is the daughter of Jill...

*not really

Please help me because I am so confused. A March 4th birth date WOULD put her at 10 days over her due date of February 22. If she was due TODAY then a March 4 birth date would make her 19 days overdue.

You had it right the first time... I think?

3 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Please help me because I am so confused. A March 4th birth date WOULD put her at 10 days over her due date of February 22. You had it right the first time... didn't you?

You’re correct. March 4th is ten days after her due date. Considering most babies come within ten days of their due date AND the Duggar sisters who have spawned thus far have gone over their due dates, March 4th actually isn’t a horrible guess. 

ETA: @singsingsingCan you help us out? I’m so incredibly confused by your post. :pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Please help me because I am so confused. A March 4th birth date WOULD put her at 10 days over her due date of February 22. If she was due TODAY then a March 4 birth date would make her 19 days overdue.

You had it right the first time... I think?

Holy FUCK, you're right. I'M EVEN WORSE THAN I SAID I WAS. :pb_lol:

On 11/02/2018 at 11:37 PM, missaudrey said:

I loved come outside with Pippin! They went to a lightbulb factory in one episode and I loved it but was then mocked terribly  by my brother for enjoying a tv show about making lightbulbs. Sibling love!

Nuh huh.. I think she's ready to pop soon.. I guess february 27! Just a bit over her due date.

Seriously, people, it's happening this weekend!! I'm out of town for 4 days at a knitting convention and won't be able to pay any attention!

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Holy FUCK, you're right. I'M EVEN WORSE THAN I SAID I WAS. :pb_lol:

Hey, at least you're not as bad as these body builders who can't figure out how many days there are in a week. :pb_lol: It was found on reddit, there's a recap from gawker, and a hilarious video recap of the argument:

3 hours ago, karen77 said:

Joy looks a bit tired there! (not that i blame her)

I think she looks younger than ever. She should be taking classes or working or traveling alone or SOMETHING other than going straight from obedient daughter to obedient wife. Poor thing. :my_cry:

Hard to tell if she's dropped in that photo. I have a sinking feeling it's a girl.

I was due same time as Joy (hilariously last time I had the same due date as Jessa with Spurge), but had a preemie in January. Joy's bump just looks like mine did, except obviously a month bigger and I had a girl

39 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Seriously, people, it's happening this weekend!! I'm out of town for 4 days at a knitting convention and won't be able to pay any attention!

it's totally happening this weekend...and you are at a knitting convention...to bad ... I am sure you can see in the sky the moment Jill delivers the little one. 

watch for red streaks in the sky

31 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Hard to tell if she's dropped in that photo. I have a sinking feeling it's a girl.

I think she has dropped. I mean, we haven't seen that many pictures of her pregnant, but compared with my co-worker, who has the same due date as Joy, she has seriously dropped. My coworker just went on maternity leave today and she was still carrying super high. 

41 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

I was due same time as Joy (hilariously last time I had the same due date as Jessa with Spurge), but had a preemie in January. Joy's bump just looks like mine did, except obviously a month bigger and I had a girl

Just want to congratulate you on the birth of your daughter! I hope everyone is doing well. :) 

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Hey, at least you're not as bad as these body builders who can't figure out how many days there are in a week. :pb_lol: It was found on reddit, there's a recap from gawker, and a hilarious video recap of the argument:

I laughed. I cried. That was truly hilarious, thank you for sharing! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived