IGNORED

Joy and Austin: 248 Days Since the Wedding and Still Counting

Coconut Flan

I don't think you can tell if Joy has dropped or not because of the hand under her stomach.

She looks ready to go. I sure hope her baby's room is ready. 

I can hardly believe she  was a bride then pregnant so fast.. the fastest one yet, right?

AFA the other sisters, did they all go past dates? Perhaps they don't reckon their dates too well, and all the babies were term.

I do suspect that all Duggar brides try to marry as close to their possible ovulation dates as possible. Sad, really, that only procreation validates them as women.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I don't think you can tell if Joy has dropped or not because of the hand under her stomach.

I can hardly believe she  was a bride then pregnant so fast.. the fastest one yet, right?

AFA the other sisters, did they all go past dates? Perhaps they don't reckon their dates too well, and all the babies were term.

I do suspect that all Duggar brides try to marry as close to their possible ovulation dates as possible. Sad, really, that only procreation validates them as women.

Agree with that! I do think that the Duggars might plan wedding according to the girl's cycle, because wedding night....sorry for the bluntness.

And I do think that because of that Jill, Joy and Kendra all got pregnant right after the wedding/during the 2 weeks following their weddings.

2 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

As far as the glowing comment, I didn't mind personally. I hated it when people said "look how big you are!" That is only a compliment if your like 7 and just had a growth spurt or something lol. I did have a basketball tummy that got many "your so cute" comments. I got tired of it, I was grumpy due to a high risk pregnancy and ante natle depression though. 

Compliments on physical appearance are a real minefield. I was super tall throughout my childhood and hated it when people said 'look how big you are' but then to others it is a real compliment. I have made it a general rule to only compliment things that are within a persons control. e.g. 'your skirt is beautiful' or ' i love how you have doen your hair' rather than things that the person doesn't have as much control over' eg your skin looks great' or ' havent you got great eyes' as they might not actually like that feature. 

17 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I am the same. Looks can be a used as a cheap blow sometimes. 

ok  - i like how you space your words :)

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

i thought jill was the fastest.  could they have been the same time frame? i mean wasn't jill expecting like a month after the wedding, so how could joy expect less than a month after the wedding, what about the 10 days that jill said counted because he was late...

seriously 

39 minutes ago, nst said:

i thought jill was the fastest.  could they have been the same time frame? i mean wasn't jill expecting like a month after the wedding, so how could joy expect less than a month after the wedding, what about the 10 days that jill said counted because he was late...

seriously 

I think Jill announced about 6 weeks after their wedding, but the pee on the stick probably wasn't dry 

9 minutes ago, Nargus said:

I think Jill announced about 6 weeks after their wedding, but the pee on the stick probably wasn't dry 

Yeah, Jill announced as the pee was drying, Joy waited until she was 12/13 weeks.

50 minutes ago, nst said:

seriously 

I'm guessing Joy never had a period after the wedding meaning she was "technically" 1 or 2 weeks pregnant on her wedding day, even though she hadn't conceived yet.  Since they calculate your pregnancy date from your LMP not conception date.  

8 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Yeah, Jill announced as the pee was drying, Joy waited until she was 12/13 weeks.

I'm guessing Joy never had a period after the wedding meaning she was "technically" 1 or 2 weeks pregnant on her wedding day, even though she hadn't conceived yet.  Since they calculate your pregnancy date from your LMP not conception date.  

"Technically pregnant before the wedding night" should be a new post count/thread title :my_biggrin:

28 minutes ago, Nargus said:

The Dills publicly announced on or around August 20, 2014 - just short of nine weeks after their wedding. She would have been around nine or ten weeks pregnant when they publicly announced (conception date of around July 1, 2014.)

As a pregnant woman (29 weeks) I personally don't like hearing compliments from most people unless it's more generic like "wow that new top looks great on you". I don't like hearing that I'm glowing because, honestly, I don't know what it means and lately I don't feel like I look very nice so it's hard to believe. I have been around many pregnant woman and none of them have ever looked glow-y to me. It seems like some catch-all compliment that someone made up to make pregnant ladies feel pretty. 

I am also super tired of people asking me how I am feeling.  No one wants to hear the truth that mostly I feel ok and consider myself VERY fortunate but I'm tired, my pelvis hurts, I'm constipated, I'm upset because I've ALREADY gained the recommended 25lbs, I just found out I have diabetes and I want it to be over so I can meet my son. 

The touching is another story - I wan't to scream to the world that my body is not public property. I have literally had a homeless man on the streets of Philly touch me. The security guard at my work rubbed it for good luck before playing the lottery. I think my boss has touched my belly nearly as much as my own husband. I'm SOO over it. It's flu season and I wish people would go away. 

Sorry for ranting. Thanks for listening :my_blush:

Personally I find it quite sad and a bit worrying that these young couple never get the chance to get to know each other before they have their first child. Straight from chaperoned dates via wedding night to instant pregnancy.

They say that the baby period is a period characterized by a state of emergency, and it’s a great strain on the adult relationship. And when the relationship is not strong before the first baby is onboard, it must feel even worse than when the adult relationship is very strong before conceiving.

For some reason I don't know if it's cause I'm projecting it or not but I feel like Joy is sort of looking like Jill in the face? I could totally be alone in this though.

5 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

As far as the glowing comment, I didn't mind personally. I hated it when people said "look how big you are!" That is only a compliment if your like 7 and just had a growth spurt or something lol. I did have a basketball tummy that got many "your so cute" comments. I got tired of it, I was grumpy due to a high risk pregnancy and ante natle depression though. 

Yes,I  know what you mean.My grandmother and another friend asked if I was about to deliver...I had 2 months left to go.I went to pre- register for my son's birth,a month early...a staff member looked at me and ran to get a wheelchair.He kept saying "she's not being admitted???.The woman behind desk who registered me says"Oh,we'll be seeing you soon? I said I had another month to go.

3 hours ago, purplepeony said:

Compliments on physical appearance are a real minefield. I was super tall throughout my childhood and hated it when people said 'look how big you are' but then to others it is a real compliment. I have made it a general rule to only compliment things that are within a persons control. e.g. 'your skirt is beautiful' or ' i love how you have doen your hair' rather than things that the person doesn't have as much control over' eg your skin looks great' or ' havent you got great eyes' as they might not actually like that feature. 

Absolutely.I have struggled with my weight since I was 12.I went to visit my grandmother.She was blunt and opinionated.She says "Melon,are you doing anything about your weight??I know you aren't pregnant.

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

wow she is jill's daughter -just wow

3 minutes ago, nst said:

wow she is jill's daughter -just wow

And now sweet jilly muffin is no longer the special one because Joy and now Kendra got pregnant right away too. 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

And now sweet jilly muffin is no longer the special one because Joy and now Kendra got pregnant right away too. 

which makes them #bestpregnantbridesever

On 2/14/2018 at 12:19 PM, tabitha2 said:

Depends on the context. If someone is really excited or proud  they could be glowing with happiness and it would be a nice observation  or person could have a child glowing with health And a parent would  naturally think it a compliment. 

Exactly. As in the bride was glowing. She was so happy she was glowing. The young father saw his baby for the first time, he was glowing. And it goes on.

When did glowing become a bad word, sheesh.

I know we’ve moved on from this but I absolutely cannot stand the tv or music playing for background noise. Ever. When I was in labor DH had the tv on mute and I made him turn it off. I can still hear it! I don’t like noise in general. The only exception is white noise. We sleep with a box fan on every night. I do love the sound of water though. Rain, waves crashing, stream trickling- all that is soothing to me. 

Joy announced august 30th, so based on the feb 22 due date, she was 15 weeks.

She probably didn’t want speculation so she waited for 3 months to pass, but the size of her bump made people speculate away anyway. 

I do feel bad all the shot gun wedding rumours. As someone with such strong Christian beliefs it must’ve been hard to hear all those people think you had sex before marriage only based on the fact that your bump was “huge“ (her bump in my opinion is just right for someone of her height + size). Oh yeah and people also brought up that they’d “moved up their wedding”, when their own registry said that the oct 28th date was a place holder... :/

1 hour ago, sansan said:

Exactly. As in the bride was glowing. She was so happy she was glowing. The young father saw his baby for the first time, he was glowing. And it goes on.

When did glowing become a bad word, sheesh.

Yep- best to say nothing, because anything said can be misconstrued...OH, and FYI, if you say nothing or wait for the bride, PG woman, new mother, sick, well, heavy, light, tall, small, doctor, lawyer, beggar man, Indian chief, thief to make a comment, you're perceived by many of the aforementioned as rude or unfriendly.

TL;DR? No matter what you do or do not say or do, you're going to be told you were insensitive and responded in the wrong way-

No one size placates all.

7 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Agree with that! I do think that the Duggars might plan wedding according to the girl's cycle, because wedding night....sorry for the bluntness.

And I do think that because of that Jill, Joy and Kendra all got pregnant right after the wedding/during the 2 weeks following their weddings.

This thought is extremely disturbing to me LOL. But I guess people with their views might find that kind of planning logical. If a couple needs to start their sex life/arrow making immediately after wedding it would be quite a tragedy to have the bride on her period on the big day. And you cannot even delay it with pills bc DEVIL!!!!!!

To me, Joy looks like Jessa in her Valentine's Day pic. Which is weird, because I think she normally looks like Jill.

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Joy announced august 30th, so based on the feb 22 due date, she was 15 weeks.

She probably didn’t want speculation so she waited for 3 months to pass, but the size of her bump made people speculate away anyway. 

I do feel bad all the shot gun wedding rumours. As someone with such strong Christian beliefs it must’ve been hard to hear all those people think you had sex before marriage only based on the fact that your bump was “huge“ (her bump in my opinion is just right for someone of her height + size). Oh yeah and people also brought up that they’d “moved up their wedding”, when their own registry said that the oct 28th date was a place holder... :/

I think she looks pretty typical for 9 months pregnant right now, but she gained a lot of weight quickly at the beginning and then it slowed down. 

1 hour ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

This thought is extremely disturbing to me LOL. But I guess people with their views might find that kind of planning logical. If a couple needs to start their sex life/arrow making immediately after wedding it would be quite a tragedy to have the bride on her period on the big day. And you cannot even delay it with pills bc DEVIL!!!!!!

I’m wondering if we are a bit off speculating that they plan their big day around their ovulation times. 

Perhaps it’s as simple as they’re planning around their periods. No bride wants to be dealing with their period on their big day. So they plan it for a week or so after their period *should* be done, which also just happens to be most women’s fertile part of their cycle. 

Of course, that could just be wishful thinking and there’s  good chance that they’re planning their dates around ovulation. 

7 hours ago, Rosalie said:

Personally I find it quite sad and a bit worrying that these young couple never get the chance to get to know each other before they have their first child. Straight from chaperoned dates via wedding night to instant pregnancy.

They say that the baby period is a period characterized by a state of emergency, and it’s a great strain on the adult relationship. And when the relationship is not strong before the first baby is onboard, it must feel even worse than when the adult relationship is very strong before conceiving.

I honestly think it's terrible.

I know a few people who had honeymoon babies, but they all dated for years, most had lived together, they had established careers or were working, had gone to some sort of college, traveled together, etc. I am not talking about those cases where the couple had plenty of time and experiences together.

The Duggars are young, ignorant, sheltered and barely know their spouses. They don't get alone time with them, and they all rush into very quick engagements and it's like a race to the top/bottom with who can get their egg fertilized the fastest. Also I know it's not everyone's experience, but I found my first baby a LOT more challenging to deal with than the second. We didn't know what we were doing, we didn't have much help (our parents were not yet retired), my DH worked crazy hours and I was mostly alone, had to deal with some PPD a few months in, a horrible time breastfeeding, a baby with silent reflux who never slept, etc. I guess maybe that's why there are all these sister-moms, if you have other people cleaning your house and watching your kids whenever you need that you don't quite get the same level of stress. But still, as between the couple, everything changes and not always for the better. Plus realistically the wife will be pregnant again in no time so there is literally nothing but the same endless cycle to look forward to for the next 20 years. I am depressed just thinking about it.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived