IGNORED

110% Surrendered - More TMI

Lady Elaine

There is another another couple in some of her pics. Are they the couple from the cruise photos from a couple weeks back? Rebecca?

Yes, that's Rebecca and her now husband Justin. She's one of my favorite fundies - formerly the Rather Unusual Maiden, and now one half of the Unusual Couple/Butterfly Days. Her/their new blog is at unusualcouplebutterflydays.blogspot.com I'm really glad she's continuing to blog post marriage - we lose so many of our fundies when they marry.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oy. I might be alone, but its a huge pet peeve of mine to see "lil" over and over, instead of "little." Lil bit more sane. Lil Ford Taurus. Lil family. Lil bean. Once or twice for effect, maybe. But consistently? Just say no.

You are SO not the only one. My skin crawled everytime I saw this! How annoying! Does she not realize how stupid that looks when used in conjunction with "Lil Taurus"? i can hardly tolerate when its used in a cutesy way when referring to small children, etc; but to use it in place of little every time...ugh!

/rant over lol

Oy. I might be alone, but its a huge pet peeve of mine to see "lil" over and over, instead of "little." Lil bit more sane. Lil Ford Taurus. Lil family. Lil bean. Once or twice for effect, maybe. But consistently? Just say no.

It bothers me, too!

I feel like I should know who this girl is...someone refresh my memory? Did we discuss her before she got married?

So today she was feeling discouraged by her blog, probably because she knows we've been talking about it. So she decides to change things, adds a salvation page and decides to give the blog over to God.

Then she goes on to post about the same ol' lil stuff in the exact same way as before. God must have liked it the way it was.

Her husband is kinda hot and she wears jeans!

I agree about the husband. She also wears swimsuite that's not exactly fundie approved. :twisted:

Yes, that's Rebecca and her now husband Justin. She's one of my favorite fundies - formerly the Rather Unusual Maiden, and now one half of the Unusual Couple/Butterfly Days. Her/their new blog is at unusualcouplebutterflydays.blogspot.com I'm really glad she's continuing to blog post marriage - we lose so many of our fundies when they marry.

I like Rebecca too. They have switched blogs twice since the wedding, the other one was unusualcouple4god.blogspot.com, and it still shows up in my RSS feeder but blogspot says it's gone. Nothing too exciting, just the same pics from their honeymoon. Reading her most recent post on the butterfly one, I almost thought she was going to go into detail about ending the no-touch rule. ALMOST.

One night I took a pregnancy test about a month after my miscarraige and was devastated when it was negative and once again I had to surrender it to the Lord.

This just pisses me off. She's what, 21? To be upset that she's not pregnant like 2 months after being married. I've had friends who have been trying for YEARS to get pregnant and some little Fertile Myrtle crying because conception didn't happen in a certain month... HELLO? She's already pregnant again after a miscarriage in 4 months of marriage. She should be grateful He's blessed her again, not sad over a negative pregnancy test when they've only just begun trying ffs!!!

Gosh, the whole egg thing is beyond weird. Just got up half an hour ago, haven't had any breakfast yet. Now I feel nauseous.

Why does she keep on pointing out it's HER house, not theirs?

I read the blog yesterday... STILL can't figure out the eggs on the floor, but by the look on his face in the picture the husband understood. When I saw this was bumped I hope someone had figured out the egg mystery.

This is like the freaking DaVinci Code.

Maybe I'm a wee bit morbid, but to me the egg thing reads more like "Uh oh, miscarriage!" or "Not this time. Try again later!" because they're unfertilized eggs. That leaves me beyond baffled...

I read the blog yesterday... STILL can't figure out the eggs on the floor, but by the look on his face in the picture the husband understood. When I saw this was bumped I hope someone had figured out the egg mystery.

This is like the freaking DaVinci Code.

Her: "I made you breakfast, babe!"

Him: "Oh good, I was just doing crunches on the floor."

Her: "Here we go babe...a special breakfast!"

Him: "Eggs, really... wth?"

Her: "Two little eggs. Here's one... and here's another... and in nine months" (whips out the little doll she had) You'll be a daddy!"

I think this is what she did. It's their little eggie. Their little nest, and their little baby (doll she had). I'm probably totally wrong... but...

ETA: She has a binkie on there. My guess is he looked and that and had no idea what it meant, so she had to break out the doll.

This just pisses me off. She's what, 21? To be upset that she's not pregnant like 2 months after being married. I've had friends who have been trying for YEARS to get pregnant and some little Fertile Myrtle crying because conception didn't happen in a certain month... HELLO? She's already pregnant again after a miscarriage in 4 months of marriage. She should be grateful He's blessed her again, not sad over a negative pregnancy test when they've only just begun trying ffs!!!

Didn't Anna Duggar do the same when they were trying to conceive the first time?

Maybe I'm a wee bit morbid, but to me the egg thing reads more like "Uh oh, miscarriage!" or "Not this time. Try again later!" because they're unfertilized eggs. That leaves me beyond baffled...

Exactly! It seems like a plate of eggs would make more sense if she were announcing she's on the rag.

Eggs are a peeve of mine. I have a vegan friend that posted something or other about how eggs are the ebil on facebook, and said something like, "enjoy eating those chicken fetuses". I love this friend, and it took a lot of willpower not to say, "actually Karen, that's basically a chicken's period, so you should've said 'enjoy getting your chicken red wings'".

• 5 weeks later...

Katy seems to be doing better, overall, but she posted this interesting bit today:

I am so thankful that the Lord worked in my life the way He did and that He also showed me how wrong I had been in wearing my purity like a badge on my sleeve (thinking I was better just because I didn't do________________________). God has taught me so much in my relationship with Jason.

What does this mean?

Her blog isn't one I read regularly...I'd forgotten about her pregnancy...this post made me laugh. A lot.

110surrendered.blogspot.com/2011/10/16-weeks.html

She's gained 7 pounds...and goes on to talk about how she misses pre-pregnancy weight and her old clothes. wtf?! No wonder her maternity clothes are loose on her...srsly, she doesn't have that much of a belly yet. Oh and at 16 weeks I was DOWN 10 pounds...I didn't even need maternity clothes until after 20 weeks.

Maybe it's mean to pick on her pregnancy...but she is acting speshul snowflake-y. I'm glad she's happy tho, or at least she seems happier now.

I also laughed at the 7lbs thing. Weirdly, with my first, I also lost a ton of weight in the first tri (I was very sick) but needed maternity clothes at 8wks!!! He just popped out there and none of my jeans fit anymore. I did use a belly band thingy for a while but regular maternity jeans are just so comfy. Especially when you feel barf-tacular 24hrs a day.

I can actually still wear my pre-pregnancy capris...I just button them below my belly. lol I've just FINALLY in the last two weeks GAINED 5 pounds past my pre-pregnancy weight! I do know everyone is different...but still...7 pounds?! People's weight can fluctuate that much within two weeks.

Wait, what??

Pure speculation. I should have clarified.

But, when someone says their spouse taught them they were obnoxious (paraphrasing) about their purity...I'm not sure I could think anything else.

Didn't Anna Duggar do the same when they were trying to conceive the first time?

The fundie brides posting that they weren't pregnant after 3 months of marriage reminded me of me at their age, and it breaks my heart, still, even now. It is all they know, all that is expected of them in their culture, but it hurts no less to read for those of us who cannot/have trouble conceive(ing). I tried so long, tried every freaking thing out there to cook a baby in my own oven, but wasn't meant to be.

I often wonder what will become of the young women of this fundie generation who cannot conceive. I do see adoptions, but usually it is families who have already quivered their arrows on their own. I haven't seen a ton on IVF and fundies. As they really are a fecundity cult, I would think these women are going to have some serious emotional issues, moreso than the ones who pump out the 10 heirs and 10 spares.

I really hate those updates some people put on their blogs (right near the lilypie counter). When I was a kid my mother used to say "That person thinks they are SO special, as though women haven't been giving birth since the dawn of time" (snark was in my blood, I tell you!). The internet makes everyone speshul! One of my Facebook friends literally posts hourly updates on her bun. Anyways, I don't like the style blog-post she's promising in the future, one that looks a bit like this:

-I'm 13 weeks along!

-my little bun looks like a *insert vegetable here*

-According to Baby Center our Baby is *insert 7 paragraph description here*

-I crave *insert 12 recipes with links here*

-Here I am in the mirror *insert blurry photo here*

Sorry to be so "rain on one's parade-y" but it's the most speshul-snowflakey thing one can post on their blog. I'm always impressed with the occasional update, but not the weekly Dr.'s update with 2-page narrative... I like these people, but I don't know them enough to give a crap about their TMI. /end rant.

Archived