IGNORED

110% Surrendered - More TMI

Lady Elaine

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think her husband is adorable and seems like a really sweet guy. I was just confused by her comment. *MY* first thought was that she had the ol' pre-marital "relations" but I am a sex-crazed-agnostic-heathen and my mind is always thinking of worldy things, naturally...

I have to agree with her that people really don't need to wear purity on their sleeves "like a badge". It's huge pet peeve. If someone decides not to have sex before marriage, fine. It's their decision. But WHY go around and tell everyone!? Does it make them better people? Umm, no! So, nothing to brag about here!

I certainly wouldn't want for all my wedding guests to know "ooooohh, tonight's the night! Someone's gonna get LAID!"

No...just so wrong.That's supposed to be private.

I really hate those updates some people put on their blogs (right near the lilypie counter). When I was a kid my mother used to say "That person thinks they are SO special, as though women haven't been giving birth since the dawn of time" (snark was in my blood, I tell you!). The internet makes everyone speshul! One of my Facebook friends literally posts hourly updates on her bun. Anyways, I don't like the style blog-post she's promising in the future, one that looks a bit like this:

-I'm 13 weeks along!

-my little bun looks like a *insert vegetable here*

-According to Baby Center our Baby is *insert 7 paragraph description here*

-I crave *insert 12 recipes with links here*

-Here I am in the mirror *insert blurry photo here*

Sorry to be so "rain on one's parade-y" but it's the most speshul-snowflakey thing one can post on their blog. I'm always impressed with the occasional update, but not the weekly Dr.'s update with 2-page narrative... I like these people, but I don't know them enough to give a crap about their TMI. /end rant.

Right now a friend of mine is killing me. I had to hide her posts on Facebook. Twenty times a day she goes off on 'getting this kid out'. She wants a VBAC after two c-sections. She's 41 weeks. Apparently her doctor is the typical doctor who doesn't understand anything and is trying to force her to do a c-section. She doesn't know the sex. She's spent a fortune on clothes for boys and girls and she posts pictures of every single thing she buys for the kid. The last month has been daily, non stop whining about not going into labor and her doctor not being any help and now she's skipping appointments so he can't force her to do anything. I'm so damn tired of it. Three pictures a day of her bare belly. And today, her in-laws are apparently having a baby shower for her. This is her third kid. Who has a baby shower for the third kid? The youngest of her other two is only three. It's not like she no longer has anything for the kid. Not to mention her non-stop shopping since she found out she was pregnant. I can't go. I won't. I made some excuse, but the truth is, I don't have the money to buy more shit for your kid, and I don't have the brain capacity to sit around all afternoon and listen to you in person. Your Facebook and emails are more than enough, thanks. Let me know when the kid is here. I'll come visit. Until then, please, STFU!

Yes, we're all happy that you are adding to your family and we all know you're excited. But

Ha...I don't even know if I'm getting a baby shower and this is my first. >_>

Purity rings...if someone chooses to wear one WITHOUT broadcasting to the world what it is (and WITHOUT pledging their genitals to their dad) then that's cool with me. Someone can wear a pretty ring that makes them think of their OWN decision. It doesn't have to say "Purity" or "True Love Waits" (that really bothers me...so sex is equated with true love??), and they DON'T have to go around telling ppl what it is! Instead someone goes "Oh, pretty ring!" and you say "Thank you!" not, "Thank you! It's my purity ring."

Sorta like the difference between if you wore a chastity belt all the time...and wore it outside your clothes. That's just disgusting. But if you wore it inside, and nobody knew but you, that's perfectly fine.

Ugh. I'm jealous of pregnant people (even speshul snowflake ones). I think I might make a thread about it in Off Topic--clucky thread!

Count me in as one who gets very annoyed at continous updates on pregnancy. It annoys me because I know someone who has tried to have a baby for a long time and can't and someone who had a miscarriage not too long ago so the whole flaunting how "easy" it was for you to get pregnant and how wonderful the pregnancy is going, etc. seems almost rude.

I know you are excited and I am happy for you, but don't flaunt it constantly. One person actually said "God has blessed me for a third time." They said something about how God rewarded her for her faithfulness by giving her the baby she wanted. I was actually disgusted. So, the infertile friend likely saw this and can you imagine the sting? So, she was not faithful enough and therefore God won't bless her or reward with her hearts desire? I know it's not intended to be mean and I doubt the person realized what she said could be hurtful, but I could see it as hurtful. It's just a little insensitive to me. Announcing you are pregnant, giving an update here and there just to let others know you and the baby are okay and telling us when it's born. That's all that is necessary imo. Be happy, yes, but don't make a show of yourself.

A 21 year old wife taking a pregnancy test in Wal-Mart bathroom is ridiculous. I think have seen this blog before a few times before. I think they seem to be fundie lite and they seem to be ok overall. I agree with others the husband is good looking. I laughed at the picture of him laying on the floor eating deviled eggs with her.

Yeah the egg thing was just...weird. And the walmart bathroom thing. That would be SO disgusting to go into a stall and see a pregnancy test. Sorta like if someone left their used tampon or pad out.

Count me in as one who gets very annoyed at continous updates on pregnancy. It annoys me because I know someone who has tried to have a baby for a long time and can't and someone who had a miscarriage not too long ago so the whole flaunting how "easy" it was for you to get pregnant and how wonderful the pregnancy is going, etc. seems almost rude.

I know you are excited and I am happy for you, but don't flaunt it constantly. One person actually said "God has blessed me for a third time." They said something about how God rewarded her for her faithfulness by giving her the baby she wanted. I was actually disgusted. So, the infertile friend likely saw this and can you imagine the sting? So, she was not faithful enough and therefore God won't bless her or reward with her hearts desire? I know it's not intended to be mean and I doubt the person realized what she said could be hurtful, but I could see it as hurtful. It's just a little insensitive to me. Announcing you are pregnant, giving an update here and there just to let others know you and the baby are okay and telling us when it's born. That's all that is necessary imo. Be happy, yes, but don't make a show of yourself.

I have never been pregnant before and I'm unsure if I want kids. If I was to ever marry my bf and start a family, I probably wouldn't do constant updates about pregnancy on Facebook, a blog or any other social networking site. A few of friends and relatives of mine have done continuous updates during their pregnancies on Facebook. One of them did through the Notes feature on FB. She posted almost weekly about her pregnancy and how she was feeling and doctor's visits. The first few times she did weekly postings several people commented on them and after awhile the comments got less. I kind of wondered if people got annoyed with hearing about her pregnancy.

One of my relatives on my mom's side is 6 months pregnant now and she has only posted ultrasound pics and that is it. She will probably post pics from her shower that is happening the next month. I suspect that this relative doesn't post a lot of updates about her pregnancy because another relative of ours is in her late 20's and can't have kids. This relative and her husband are starting to look into adoption, but they recently announced that they will not be looking to adopt a newborn even though they want to experience a newborn or infant.

I agree with you, dairyfreelife seeing something like "God has blessed or rewarding us" could really sting someone who can't have kids or is having trouble, even though they aren't bad intentions.

Yeah the egg thing was just...weird. And the walmart bathroom thing. That would be SO disgusting to go into a stall and see a pregnancy test. Sorta like if someone left their used tampon or pad out.

I agree I would get grossed at the sight of seeing a pregnancy test in a public bathroom stall.

I agree I would get grossed at the sight of seeing a pregnancy test in a public bathroom stall.

I used to find them in my high school bathroom all the time. Some of them positive.

I really hate those updates some people put on their blogs (right near the lilypie counter). When I was a kid my mother used to say "That person thinks they are SO special, as though women haven't been giving birth since the dawn of time" (snark was in my blood, I tell you!). The internet makes everyone speshul! One of my Facebook friends literally posts hourly updates on her bun. Anyways, I don't like the style blog-post she's promising in the future, one that looks a bit like this:

-I'm 13 weeks along!

-my little bun looks like a *insert vegetable here*

-According to Baby Center our Baby is *insert 7 paragraph description here*

-I crave *insert 12 recipes with links here*

-Here I am in the mirror *insert blurry photo here*

Sorry to be so "rain on one's parade-y" but it's the most speshul-snowflakey thing one can post on their blog. I'm always impressed with the occasional update, but not the weekly Dr.'s update with 2-page narrative... I like these people, but I don't know them enough to give a crap about their TMI. /end rant.

That's odd because a few years ago both of my sisters-in-law were pregnant at the same time, and I actually made a point to make sure I didn't ask them too much about it, because EVERYONE just bugged them about it constantly and they were sick of it. Complete strangers would stop and ask them questions, give them advice, or even touch them. It's horrifying to think I might have to go through with that someday, and I will slap any stranger who touches me. But my point is that visibly pregnant women already get way too much attention, so it's sad when some crave even more attention and have to post about it constantly.

That's odd because a few years ago both of my sisters-in-law were pregnant at the same time, and I actually made a point to make sure I didn't ask them too much about it, because EVERYONE just bugged them about it constantly and they were sick of it. Complete strangers would stop and ask them questions, give them advice, or even touch them. It's horrifying to think I might have to go through with that someday, and I will slap any stranger who touches me. But my point is that visibly pregnant women already get way too much attention, so it's sad when some crave even more attention and have to post about it constantly.

Yeah bananacat. I agree with you. I feel sorry for pregnant women who have grabby people touching them, giving them advice and all. But I think the quiet gratitude of being pregnant with a healthy little one would outweigh any frustration. Years ago, my sister worked as a server at a restaurant and a woman came in with beautiful little twin boys. My sister noticed her annoyance and when Mama and Daddy sat down Mama goes "Miss we specifically asked to be sat here where it's quieter so people would not walk by and comment on our twins and how cute they are. It's so annoying and we can't eat in peace." Um, excuse me diva but gfy, seriously.

On another note, I *always* worry when someone on a blog or someone I know in real life announces they are pregnant super, super early and they later miscarry. It makes everything weird; like I don't know what to say. I worked with a woman and her daughter got pregnant and told everyone while the stick was still wet, literally. So grammy-to-be told the WHOLE world and when she miscarrried at about 6 weeks along we all felt like dopey assholes at work because she was devastated and no one knew how to approach her about it (worst, daughter and hubs came IN to work to tell her she'd miscarried). Our supervisor dealt with it by saying to all of us, "DON'T MENTION THE BABY TO MARY". It was just sad. This has happened to a few people I know and I think it's awful. When you tell the whole world and make a HUGE deal out of an early pregnancy, it gets messy when things don't go according to plan...

and in that spirit, yeah saying "God blessed me, fulfilled my heart or w/e" and implying one's good behavior is being rewarded with a healthy baby is BULLSHIT. I know plenty of people who've had trouble conceiving and to see a full-brood diva boasting about another bun just irritates me in the same way feminism rubs Lina wrong. Just stfu, please. I love babies, but just stfu :)

I do think she was simply constantly taking pregnancy tests.

Does she mean the pregnancy was a complete and total surprise? I mean...if you're having lots of sex and don't believe in birth control and conceived quickly before...do you really think it's a complete and total surprise? Like really, you weren't expecting it at least enough to stock up on a million tests and take them 10x/day???

And yes, I am so glad she stopped that stupid way of writing every damn blog post. Maybe I'll risk going back to her blog...although she seems a bit too dim for my taste...

Why doesn't she join her husband kayaking? Can't fit wholesome wear swimsuits into the kayak seat? Or is it not ladylike enough?

Edit: Sorry, forgot she doesn't wear those silly things, she's more sensible. I still don't see why she wouldn't want to join him, I love outdoors things.

Edit: Sorry, forgot she doesn't wear those silly things, she's more sensible. I still don't see why she wouldn't want to join him, I love outdoors things.

Um, she had pregnancy tests to take! You can pee on a stick in a Walmart bathroom, but not a kayak. Or she doesn't like getting wet?

I took some pregnancy tests.

I don't quite understand this. Back when we were trying to conceive, I only took one. Which was positive. Of course my husband insisted on buying them from the internet because it was cheaper( :roll: ), so by the time I took it I was two weeks late and pretty much 100% sure I was pregnant(very regular and had been tracking my cycle for a while).

Archived