IGNORED

110% Surrendered - More TMI

Lady Elaine

110surrendered.blogspot.com/2011/10/before-and-after.html

Ok, two big questions come to mind - Why did she feed her husband eggs on the floor to annouce her first pregnancy? And after taking a pregnancy test in the wal mart bathroom during an oil change (see what I mean about TMI), did she really walk away from it and come back later to check it out? Gross! I sure wouldn't have wanted to walk into the stall after her and seen her pee stick.

And she says she can't believe it's "only" been 4 months. Not a good sign for the rest of the marriage. She admits she's been depressed since the wedding and had to have a heavy dose of Jesus to bring her out of it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meh, Jesus, vodka...whatever works right?

And yes, she is WAY, WAY, WAY tmi.

Where the hell did she go when she "walked away" from the pregnancy test? Yikes.

And yes, she is WAY, WAY, WAY tmi.

Where the hell did she go when she "walked away" from the pregnancy test? Yikes.

She went shopping I guess, checked on the oil change. Made her way back up front to check the status of that pregnancy test she left on top of the toilet paper dispenser...

Here are some of the things we have done in the last four months just since getting married:

* Got married

Did they get married twice? :think:

Nell

She isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the chandelier. The pregnancy test story is just gross and selfish. It would have served her right if someone walked in after her and threw it away or yelled at her for creating a biohazard. But then, it was Walmart. :|

And she says she can't believe it's "only" been 4 months. Not a good sign for the rest of the marriage. She admits she's been depressed since the wedding and had to have a heavy dose of Jesus to bring her out of it.

Eh, did she ever have depression or issues with change before? Because if she did, major life changes are often a trigger for depression. I had depressive episodes within the first few months of marriage too. We're still going strong.

(but I didn't need Jesus. I had to find a job....staying at home all day was horrible for me)

Eh, did she ever have depression or issues with change before? Because if she did, major life changes are often a trigger for depression. I had depressive episodes within the first few months of marriage too. We're still going strong.

(but I didn't need Jesus. I had to find a job....staying at home all day was horrible for me)

I don't know. She did have a "failed courtship".

How old is she?

When I was a janitor at a mall department store I found a lot of pregnancy tests, but I always assumed it was high school girls afraid to do it at home.

How old is she?

When I was a janitor at a mall department store I found a lot of pregnancy tests, but I always assumed it was high school girls afraid to do it at home.

She's an adult. Kinda. I think she was just so anxious to be pregnant that she took tests 10x a day, whenever a bathroom was available.

How old is she?

She's 21.

What really bugs me about the blog is the "110%" bit. Unless you are talking about change in figures (statistics), the phrase just doesn't work.

Seems she is making to many changes at once, getting married, moving, find out she;s pregnant, miscarried, managing a thrift store, house renovations, finding out she's pregnant again. That would be a lot to handle for anyone. No wonder she;s depressed.

OK I am just really confused about the eggs thing. What is that... soccer ball? thing in the middle of the plate? Why are they on the floor? Was he napping there? What an awkward place to nap?

ETA: OK, I think the "soccer ball" is a pacifier.

wow. walmart?

it makes sense though. she's multitasking! Getting the oil change, shopping, pissing on a stick and leaving it in the bathroom, more shopping, checking on oil change, back to the bathroom to check the stick.

fundie women are the best multi-taskers!!

I couldn't help but wonder, "You walked away and left your pregnancy test all alone in a Wal-Mart restroom. How are you even sure that's your pregnancy test? Maybe it's not you that's pregnant after all!" Talk about what a bummer to have another "miscarriage" when her actual period started.

Now that I've scrolled down I can see that they've had an ultrasound and the pregnancy test was hers after all. I'm happy for her, since she obviously wants a baby very much.

She's sure had a hard past couple months with so many changes in her life--getting married, moving, and the grief of losing her first baby. I'm sure her hormones must be completely out of whack right now--rising for the first pregnancy, crashing for the miscarriage and swinging back up again. I just hope that if her depression doesn't get better she goes to a therapist or a doctor for help instead of blaming herself for not trusting Jesus enough. I've been down that path before.

I do think she was simply constantly taking pregnancy tests.

While in NC we learned something that was a complete and total surprise! Jason went out kyacking on the waves and I took some pregnancy tests.

And multiple ones each time, at that, apparently. She always seems to know when she's pregnant before anyone else I've ever met. I feel bad for her - she can't just say that she got overwhelmed by so many life changes at once. No, it has to be that she wasn't praying enough, wasn't surrendering it all to God enough.

Oh well

at least she finally

stopped

writing all of her blog

posts like

this.

I doubt she means that she left the bathroom when she took the test. She probably walked out of the stall. When you really want a baby, or really don't want a baby, it can be hard to sit there and stare at it to see if it changes color, or adds a line, or whatever. She probably just waited the time outside the stall so she didn't have to do that. I still think it's weird to take a pregnancy test at Walmart. I'm sorry... that's just... not right.

OMG I read her blog earlier today -- I am SO glad I am not the only one who thought the WalMart thing was weird.

But she wants to be 150% surrendered!!!!!!111!!!eleventy!!!11!!!!!

This poor girl is a roller coaster of emotion. It seems like every post lately is "I was down. Then I found Jesus again. And NOW I AM HAPPY!!!!! YAHSOME!" kind of stuff.

In other news... her husband is a bit defrauding....

She seems like the type who expects a baby to get rid of her depression and all other problems and make her life perfect. That's really a lot for that kid to live up to, and she'll be in for a huge surprise when her problems still exist even with a baby.

....or maybe just addressing the problems in your life...nah, no proper fundie woman would ever do that.

Admittedly I 've never experienced a miscarriage and I understand it must be a difficult experience, but there's only so much sympathy I can have for a woman who says she's "devastated" by a negative pregnancy test when she's 21, newliwed, and presumably with no medical condition that restrictits her childbearing time.

I really didn't get either what the feeding eggs from the floor is about, and really she should think of her sisters in Christ before posting shirtless photos of her hunky husband.

Oy. I might be alone, but its a huge pet peeve of mine to see "lil" over and over, instead of "little." Lil bit more sane. Lil Ford Taurus. Lil family. Lil bean. Once or twice for effect, maybe. But consistently? Just say no.

There is another another couple in some of her pics. Are they the couple from the cruise photos from a couple weeks back? Rebecca?

Didn't Kelly Bates once take a pregnancy test in a gas station bathroom while they were on a road trip?

I guess when getting pregnant is your only purpose for being on the planet, you are prepared to take a test anywhere and everywhere.

Kelly Bates did - on their way to see the Duggars so they could announce the happy event to them. God, why do I know that? WHY?

This girl is PPD in waiting.

I felt bad for her when I read this:

So many women all over the world deal with so many things that are far greater than I could ever imagine and yet-they are at peace.

I've met some people who have lived doozies of lives, who can now calmly talk about all that's happened to them. But there's a difference in someone who's come out the other side of a tragedy and someone who is still in the thick of it. I met a lady the other day who calmly related how her first husband died in a tragic accident in his early 20s, and she went on to raise her kids into successful adults without him. She seemed at peace decades later, but she described being a mess at his funeral. It's kind of harsh for 110% to hold herself up to some standard that requires her to "be at peace" with her miscarriage RIGHT NOW. If it's sad, be sad! I don't believe these long-suffering peaceful people exist--if something bad is happening to someone, they probably feel like crap about it.

Archived