IGNORED

Mortons: A new year of Marryin', Birthin', and Writin'

SolomonFundy

21 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Interesting that she made it public now. Maybe sending a message to Cap'n and J? I mean, he's obviously been sending them messages, too? She calls Ma Morton "Mom" throughout her page. 

I would probably feel like my MIL was more than a MIL if I’d been married since I was a teen and had two siblings with the same MIL and many nieces and nephews with the same grandparents. Although I do hope she’s sending a message to them that they have new parents now. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would probably feel like my MIL was more than a MIL if I’d been married since I was a teen and had two siblings with the same MIL and many nieces and nephews with the same grandparents. Although I do hope she’s sending a message to them that they have new parents now. 

And had shitty bio parents? 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

And had shitty bio parents? 

Yes, that too. But I imagine the Morton’s were pretty crappy too. It seems like they let their children run feral for much of their childhood. Plus all the fundie shit on top. The Smiths are worse though. No doubt. 

• Upvote 6

None of them deserve the medal "parents of the year" to be honest. Although judging from Martha's book the Morton kid's childhoods seem to have been really wild and to some point dangerous. Add up the poverty in which they were apparently living and you can sum up their upbringing as unsafe and unhealthy. Since the Smith's started adopting later in life and had only four kids for a lot of year I guess their lives might have been less hard when it comes to financial security etc. But still - they had to deal with their insane parents, especially the ever dancing Captain.

• Upvote 8

I was thinking about it and how crazy it is that the younger brides have known their husbands and in laws since they were little kids. Alyssa,  Kennedy and Campbell first met the Mortons more than 10 yrs ago. There are pictures of Alyssa on the original blog as a young girl. So bizarre and insular. The Smiths at least had only known the Mortons for a few years before they started inter marrying. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

It is kind of creepy. Campbell almost moved on when, earlier this year, she was in a relationship with someone else. For whatever reason that ended and within what, days?, she hooked up with John & is now married to him. Considering they've known each other most of their lives, how did she go from knowing him but dating someone else to marrying him within months? It's all so strange to me. None of them gets out much, so to speak, so their dating/marriage pool is small - but it is so insular and cult-ish to be honest. Not one Morton has married someone they know on their own; every one of them has married a member of one of the family's friends/contacts. There are definitely no "others" in their world and obviously that's intentional. 

I just wonder who the grandkids will marry? Every one of the kids born among their family groups is going to be related. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

It is kind of creepy. Campbell almost moved on when, earlier this year, she was in a relationship with someone else. For whatever reason that ended and within what, days?, she hooked up with John & is now married to him. Considering they've known each other most of their lives, how did she go from knowing him but dating someone else to marrying him within months? It's all so strange to me. None of them gets out much, so to speak, so their dating/marriage pool is small - but it is so insular and cult-ish to be honest. Not one Morton has married someone they know on their own; every one of them has married a member of one of the family's friends/contacts. There are definitely no "others" in their world and obviously that's intentional. 

I just wonder who the grandkids will marry? Every one of the kids born among their family groups is going to be related. 

The Roberts kids do a lot of the same. Dating their siblings’ friends and dating siblings. I’m hoping the next generation tells their parents to fuck off and date who they want.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I think that for future wives it is probably better that Mortons are marrying into families they have known for years. At least that way the wives will have had a reasonable opportunity to see their own future. If after seeing Katie or Kressent have back to back to back pregnancies and after seeing how the family works, they still want to marry into it then at least they can't say they weren't warned. I think outsiders who might marry into the family likely have a harder go of it. 

edit: corrected a word

Edited by browngrl
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Jingernut said:

Emerging from lurkdom because I have just seen that Kressant has added a Pinterest board of wedding dresses entitled Adeline. Hmm.

Now THAT'S interesting! :pb_eek:  It could mean nothing, but it surely looks like something might be happening... Besides Sarah Maxwell, Addie has for years been _the_ fundie SAHD who I wish to find her love and get married.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Jingernut said:

Emerging from lurkdom because I have just seen that Kressant has added a Pinterest board of wedding dresses entitled Adeline. Hmm.

WHAT!! I am shocked if that’s real! I was starting to worry she was going the way of Sarah Maxwell since all her sibs got married so young. 

On the other hand the Mortons have been known to troll their followers so I would truly give kressant props for an epic troll if that’s fake. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I don’t even know who Adeline would court. She would probably have to marry someone younger since their groups seem to marry young. If she was dating a Roberts, I feel like that would have come out by now. 

• Upvote 1

And it would be surprising that there hasn't been any indication on social media, right? addie is a very regular poster. I don't understand pinterest - can you tell how recent the pins are? maybe it's just an old hypothetical board she recently made public? 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

And it would be surprising that there hasn't been any indication on social media, right? addie is a very regular poster. I don't understand pinterest - can you tell how recent the pins are? maybe it's just an old hypothetical board she recently made public? 

The last pin was pinned 2 days ago so very recent. Don’t know if there’s a way to tell when a board was created though. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

The Morton's have historically been very hush about courting until engagement - that changed with the last few because of the bride using Instagram and such.  Will have to poke around a bit and see.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Jingernut said:

Edit: huh, I found Kressant and she has two accounts. Is one fake, or just old? Also, Alyssa has pinned "boy room" ideas, so I bet #3 is a boy.

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t even know who Adeline would court. She would probably have to marry someone younger since their groups seem to marry young. If she was dating a Roberts, I feel like that would have come out by now. 

Well, Hunter Kendall is off the market now, so it's not him. The recent boys have married slightly older girls, so maybe Addie really is going for a younger guy.

Edited by albireo
new info
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, albireo said:

What's her account name? I know Alyssa is clucky2000, and I've seen her pin stuff for boy rooms recently so I suspect #3 is a boy.

Here's Kressant's Pinterest account: https://www.pinterest.com/almondmilk101/

That is really curious. Addie is, what, 27? I guess it wouldn't be weird if she married someone slightly younger, maybe 24 or 25. Not really sure who in their group is left over though.

Edited by JillyO
Spelling matters!
  • Upvote 5

I guess it's also possible that Kressant just likes to daydream about weddings and thinks of it as planning for her most eligible little sister? Otherwise I dont know why she would be the one pinning and not Addie herself. But yeah, it's pretty weird.

• Upvote 4

I had a short list of eligible men in their group (I keep a list of courting age kidults in their group)

TJ Hagen (brother of her friend Angela)

Nick Campana

Willie Roberts (unlikely but still on the list)

Brady Roberts (the other Roberts family)

Are all the M Thomases married ? Once upon a time the Morton family was friendly with them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

I had a short list of eligible men in their group (I keep a list of courting age kidults in their group)

TJ Hagen (brother of her friend Angela)

Nick Campana

Willie Roberts (unlikely but still on the list)

Brady Roberts (the other Roberts family)

Are all the M Thomases married ? Once upon a time the Morton family was friendly with them. 

There’s one single M Thomas brother left, Matthew. Rusty Thomas also has two single adult sons. And I believe the Rusty Thomases have met the Morton’s (but I don’t think they are close friends).

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There’s one single M Thomas brother left, Matthew. Rusty Thomas also has two single adult sons. And I believe the Rusty Thomases have met the Morton’s (but I don’t think they are close friends).

The Rusty Thomases were at John and Campbell's wedding, but I agree they're probably not close friends. The single sons are really young, though: about 18 and 20. Probably not candidates for Addie.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, albireo said:

The Rusty Thomases were at John and Campbell's wedding, but I agree they're probably not close friends. The single sons are really young, though: about 18 and 20. Probably not candidates for Addie.

Future Campana in laws, more likely. 

• I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Future Campana in laws, more likely. 

I could see a Campana and one of Rusty’s sons marrying. But I will say that Rusty’s kids seem to meet a lot of people so they have a much larger dating pool. 

I tend to view the Adeline wedding board as an exercise in daydreaming between the two of them. Kress and Adeline have always had a special bond. It would make a lot of sense that they would talk about Addy's dreams for a future wedding together, and Kressant could have curated the board as a gesture of general encouragement. 

Adeline may or may not be secretly courting, but it seems like a lot of young fundy women create wedding planning boards, years before courtships, in some cases.

Edited by SolomonFundy
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

I tend to view the Adeline wedding board as an exercise in daydreaming between the two of them. Kress and Adeline have always had a special bond. It would make a lot of sense that they would talk about Addy's dreams for a future wedding together, and Kressant could have curated the board as a gesture of general encouragement. 

Adeline may or may not be secretly courting, but it seems like a lot of young fundy women create wedding planning boards, years before courtships, in some cases.

If this is the case, it makes me sad as hell. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic