IGNORED

Mortons: A new year of Marryin', Birthin', and Writin'

SolomonFundy

They really fascinate me and I'd love to know more about their upbringing. I've probably read through their blogs two times and it only raises more questions.

• I Agree 1

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

They really fascinate me and I'd love to know more about their upbringing. I've probably read through their blogs two times and it only raises more questions.

They are pretty fascinating if you think of all the “wtf fundie” boxes they check off. They are better at marrying off their sons at young ages than the Duggars or Bateses! 

• Upvote 3

Absolutely! I want to know how the parents got sucked into the lifestyle and what attracted them and so much more. And then I want to have more information about all the WTF-red-flags that come across them.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's the first Christmas for both Audrey and Victoria.  Very few people can say that they have two kids sharing a first Christmas. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 7
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, JMO said:

It's the first Christmas for both Audrey and Victoria.  Very few people can say that they have two kids sharing a first Christmas. 

Sweet Jebus! I mean, we know they are weeks short of a full year apart. We know she's had 3 kids in two years. We know it's all kinds of crazy. But, seriously, just reading that? It's beyond comprehension! Two of your three babies are having their first Christmas the same year. Alyssa has Courtney's first Thanksgiving bib tradition beat by miles. 

• Upvote 15

Does anyone know who Martha's visiting for Christmas in Ohio? I don't recognize any of them. Tayte's cousins?

I saw a picture of Alyssa on Instagram story (??her sister's Instagram - I forget) and she looks fabulous. Slim (looks like she's back to a pre pregnancy state) and not even a bit exhausted looking. 3 kids in 2 years and she looks that good! Ah, youth.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

48 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I saw a picture of Alyssa on Instagram story (??her sister's Instagram - I forget) and she looks fabulous. Slim (looks like she's back to a pre pregnancy state) and not even a bit exhausted looking. 3 kids in 2 years and she looks that good! Ah, youth.

I don't mean to put her down entirely - she is young, and she has always been tiny, so I can see it not being the most difficult thing in the world for her to lose any baby weight. But, the not looking exhausted part - - she does live on the compound. She isn't taking care of those three kids all day every day completely by herself. She has her mother in law, she has Adeline, she has sisters in law and unmarried brothers in law. She lives within a tribe and I don't mean to put that down either, not overall anyway, but it's not like she's a one woman show with three babies. She may have been the only one to carry & birth them, but I'd bet dollars to donuts (where does that saying even come from?) that she is not alone with them all day. She has a giant cult like family full of willing helpers. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 12/25/2018 at 5:27 PM, fundiefan said:

but I'd bet dollars to donuts (where does that saying even come from?)

The first recorded use was in Nevada in February 1876. https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/dollars-to-donuts.html 

'Dollars to doughnuts' is a pseudo betting term, pseudo in that it didn't originate with actual betting involving doughnuts, but just as a pleasant-sounding alliterative phrase which indicated short odds - dollars are valuable but doughnuts aren't. The phrase parallels the earlier English betting expression 'a pound to a penny'.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

On 12/25/2018 at 11:27 PM, fundiefan said:

She may have been the only one to carry & birth them, but I'd bet dollars to donuts (where does that saying even come from?) that she is not alone with them all day. She has a giant cult like family full of willing helpers. 

I think she has a lot of support from Adeline and her MIL. And sooner than later Katie's oldest daughters will be old enough to help their aunts with their growing broods. 

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...

Reading everything about their upbringing is reminding me a lot of the book Educated by Tara Westover, especially the lackluster home education, fundamentalism, working dangerous jobs, and lots of almost-accidents. It actually doesn't sound like they had the kinds of horrific accidents the Westovers had. Then again, both these families were lucky no one died.

While there's discussion about how this is what the boys know and thus repeating it with their families, I have to wonder about some of these new, more modern brides coming in (Alyssa, Kennedy, Campbell, etc). But then again, they seem to choose these young, impressionable, maybe meek girls who can be easily brought into the fold. Alyssa and Kennedy are certainly going along with popping out babies, and of course we know Kennedy's ignorance (or stupidity?) on car seat safety.

I didn't even realize Alyssa Morton was pregnant with a 3rd, it seemed she just popped out her 2nd. Guess she'll be conceiving in about 2 months since she's like clockwork with these consecutive annual December births.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

While there's discussion about how this is what the boys know and thus repeating it with their families, I have to wonder about some of these new, more modern brides coming in (Alyssa, Kennedy, Campbell, etc).

All of these women essentially grew up with the Mortons-- you can go back on their old blog and see pics of them all together as kids. And while the Roberts and Campana kids are much more mainstream with regards to pop culture and fashion, their families are totally part of the same circle and don't seem put off by extremist lifestyles. The Roberts were close with the Bates family, the Campanas are anti-abortion grifters. Campbell recently made an anti-feminist post on FB, and when one of their mutual friends disagreed, Mariah Campana jumped in with a screed about how feminism is satanic. I don't see any reason yet to think that they won't go along with the plan to keep living on the compound and popping out babies.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

All of these women essentially grew up with the Mortons-- you can go back on their old blog and see pics of them all together as kids. And while the Roberts and Campana kids are much more mainstream with regards to pop culture and fashion, their families are totally part of the same circle and don't seem put off by extremist lifestyles. The Roberts were close with the Bates family, the Campanas are anti-abortion grifters. Campbell recently made an anti-feminist post on FB, and when one of their mutual friends disagreed, Mariah Campana jumped in with a screed about how feminism is satanic. I don't see any reason yet to think that they won't go along with the plan to keep living on the compound and popping out babies.

Oh yes, and Mariah will likely marry Justice Thomas eventually. They can travel around together protesting abortions with his dad. And they will drag their litter of children around with them. Grifting as they go. 

• Upvote 8

Btw, I don’t want to confuse anyone so I’ll say that his name is Josiah Justice Thomas. Because that’s the fundiest fucking name Rusty could think of at the time.

• Upvote 10

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Btw, I don’t want to confuse anyone so I’ll say that his name is Josiah Justice Thomas. Because that’s the fundiest fucking name Rusty could think of at the time.

And then he topped it with Valiant Christian.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, albireo said:

And then he topped it with Valiant Christian.

Right? And then came Jeremiah. Another popular fundie name. What was Jeremiah’s middle name? I can’t remember. 

BTW, I think Valiant will get together with Charity or Anna Johnston since they are redheads and I think redheads go nicely with redheads, lol.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Every time I see the title of this blog I read is as "Another year of marryin', birthin' and writhing'" :D

I'm gutted John is posting so little on instagram now that he's married. You'd think it would all be about setting up house!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, ladyaudley said:

...gutted John is posting so little on instagram now that he's married. You'd think it would all be about setting up house!

I'm sure that they are too busy playing house. But I would also like to see some pictures of the house coming together. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JMO said:

I'm sure that they are too busy playing house. But I would also like to see some pictures of the house coming together. 

I follow Campbell. Isn’t she public? She has posted a picture of their house and then posted with some baby squirrels. I’m guessing they are raising them? 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Right? And then came Jeremiah. Another popular fundie name. What was Jeremiah’s middle name? I can’t remember. 

BTW, I think Valiant will get together with Charity or Anna Johnston since they are redheads and I think redheads go nicely with redheads, lol.

Flip, after Flip Benson, Rusty's mentor. https://www.lakeshorefuneralhome.com/jeremiah-thomas/ It bothers me that they used the nickname as his middle name, since Flip Benson himself is actually Philip.

I personally think Valiant will get together with Shiloh Dragon, one of their other friends in that circle. They've been pretty cuddly lately. Then again he just turned 18, so it could be another few years.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I follow Campbell. Isn’t she public? She has posted a picture of their house and then posted with some baby squirrels. I’m guessing they are raising them? 

The squirrels are Mariah's I'm pretty sure, but who knows, it could be a trend!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, albireo said:

Flip, after Flip Benson, Rusty's mentor. https://www.lakeshorefuneralhome.com/jeremiah-thomas/ It bothers me that they used the nickname as his middle name, since Flip Benson himself is actually Philip.

I personally think Valiant will get together with Shiloh Dragon, one of their other friends in that circle. They've been pretty cuddly lately. Then again he just turned 18, so it could be another few years.

The squirrels are Mariah's I'm pretty sure, but who knows, it could be a trend!

Omg I thought that was just his nickname! Because they would call him Jeremiah Flip. I thought he just liked to do flips ?

And I have seen Shiloh around a lot lately! You might be right. The Thomas boys seem to get married in their early to mid 20s. Their 2 older brothers that married in the last year or so are in their early to mid 20s I think. So Valiant has a few more years.

Shiloh Dragon—man, what a name! ?

Does anyone know the names of her (in this crowd, possibly numerous) siblings?

1 hour ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

She has a sister named Avery, but not sure of any other siblings.

• Thank You 1

On 1/15/2019 at 1:35 PM, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

It would have been awesome if her parents went with those wild fundie names like Courage, Valiant, Triumph, or Justice. Imagine a kid named Valiant Dragon. Bad ass!

Their parents are Jeremy and Lucy Dragon. Very disappointed with their ordinary first names and their awesome last name. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

BTW I really want to change one letter of Lucy’s name so she can be a Luck Dragon. We all know they are the best dragons. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic