IGNORED

Burka eating today

clibbyjo

Anyone can be stupid, lots of examples here. Even agnostics and atheists can be stupid. Some of the smartest book knowledge people can be really stupid when it comes to common sense. We've probably all seen that.

Nice snip there, totally out of context of what I was saying.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a definite pattern to your posts. First, you feel like you have all the answers and need to educate others. Then you go one to describe either your own experience or the experience of "someone you know." You must know a hell (swearing again!) of a lot of people who all happen to have experiences that pertain to the topic you're commenting on.

I don't have all the answers. I have 45 years of full time work as a R.N. so when it comes to health topics I do have a lot of knowledge. I've a lot of knowledge about adoption and raising transracially adopted kids. I've lived throughout the U.S. and have worked in a 3rd world country so I have a lot of friends. I've participated in about 1/8th of the active topics here so I'm hardly a prolific poster.

Hell isn't swearing last time I checked, neither is bullshit.

Apparently you haven't lived in NC because both hell and bullshit are considered cuss words here. I mean, G rated movies don't have those words in them for a reason.

Nice snip there, totally out of context of what I was saying.

Yeah, you beat me to it. I'm a "cafeteria Catholic" (hate that term) much like Nell, except that I am fiercely pro-choice and unashamed to say so. But just as there are nice liberals and middle-of-the-roaders, there are fundamentalist/orthodox/"traditional" Catholics who are closely aligned with fundamentalist Protestant Christians politically and philosophically, though they may differ theologically. This is the route that brought me into this world that we snark on FreeJinger. And Nell, if you're in MN with some of the bishops there, you should know what we are talking about.

Is there a way of hiding threads? This one won't die and every time I see it I think it's some sort of charity event with grilled niquabs, hijabs, and other articles of traditional Islamic clothing served on buns. Perhaps with cheese.

I don't know about hiding it, but if we kick it hard enough we can probably knock it off the tracks. Get away from all this "Muslim's in traditional garb scare me" and "I can't be fundie 'cause I'm catholic" BS. Can we all just love one another...

Nell, if you're in MN with some of the bishops there, you should know what we are talking about.

The last few bishops have definitely been conservative.

In thinking about it I would consider the family who owns The Wanderer newspaper would be considered fundie. I met them once at an ordination dinner. I did not like them at all, and had nothing really to talk to them about. I was seated at their table.

There is also a parish in St. Paul, St. Agnes, that is very conservative and traditional. I went to a new priest's first Mass there, it was his parish. I saw a family there that were dressed very fundie; long frumpers, head coverings.

My friends who are Catholic are all very liberal, though most of my friends are Lutheran or atheist, and my Muslim best friend (convert when she married a Muslim).

Guest Anonymous

The last few bishops have definitely been conservative.

In thinking about it I would consider the family who owns The Wanderer newspaper would be considered fundie. I met them once at an ordination dinner. I did not like them at all, and had nothing really to talk to them about. I was seated at their table.

There is also a parish in St. Paul, St. Agnes, that is very conservative and traditional. I went to a new priest's first Mass there, it was his parish. I saw a family there that were dressed very fundie; long frumpers, head coverings.

My friends who are Catholic are all very liberal, though most of my friends are Lutheran or atheist, and my Muslim best friend (convert when she married a Muslim).

Cool story, bro - but no1curr.

Of course you did!

Who the hell are you to tell me I didn't have such a sister? Her birth, and subsequent, death, had a profound effect on all of us. I cannot imagine what Treemom went through, and I simply wouldn't judge her. None of us knows what decision we would make when faced with it or a similar situation. I worked with an internist who had an abortion for an anencephalic baby. I neither judged her or found her decision wrong. It was her decision to make and the one she felt was best.

Who the hell are you to tell me I didn't have such a sister? Her birth, and subsequent, death, had a profound effect on all of us. I cannot imagine what Treemom went through, and I simply wouldn't judge her. None of us knows what decision we would make when faced with it or a similar situation. I worked with an internist who had an abortion for an anencephalic baby. I neither judged her or found her decision wrong. It was her decision to make and the one she felt was best.

As I said before, it's quite apparent that you've had every experience known to man, which makes you vastly superior to all of us. You're like the Boy Who Cried Wolf. One of these stories could actually be true, but I'm not about to believe any of them.

Well count me suspicious since just a few posts ahead of that you said you think abortion is always wrong and 1st trimester ones should stay legal.

If you can draw the parallels between your sister and my daughter then I would think your view would be more nuanced and not at the arbitrary, almost never because of fetal viability, 12 week end mark. (since a lot of places only perform abortions after 8-10 weeks that actually makes 1st trimester ones hard to get)

And it is semantics to say you think abortion is always wrong and then say my decision wasn't wrong.

As I said before, it's quite apparent that you've had every experience known to man, which makes you vastly superior to all of us. You're like the Boy Who Cried Wolf. One of these stories could actually be true, but I'm not about to believe any of them.

What a crock. Any experience I've written here, or anywhere else on line, is true. Unlike many of you here, I'm easy to verify. I've been posting as NurseNell since 1995. There is another NurseNell in England.

You said all abortions are wrong and the only legal ones should be first trimester. Since she not only had an abortion, but had a third trimester one at that, you did say that her decision was wrong and you did pass judgment. Unless you have now changed your mind and no longer believe that all abortions are wrong and that third trimester ones are okay?

You said all abortions are wrong and the only legal ones should be first trimester. Since she not only had an abortion, but had a third trimester one at that, you did say that her decision was wrong and you did pass judgment. Unless you have now changed your mind and no longer believe that all abortions are wrong and that third trimester ones are okay?

To be fair, I'm not the one who has had an abortion, although I am staunchly pro-choice. I'm just someone who is sick and tired of the one-ups-manship and know-it-all attitude in every.single.post.

Well count me suspicious since just a few posts ahead of that you said you think abortion is always wrong and 1st trimester ones should stay legal.

If you can draw the parallels between your sister and my daughter then I would think your view would be more nuanced and not at the arbitrary, almost never because of fetal viability, 12 week end mark. (since a lot of places only perform abortions after 8-10 weeks that actually makes 1st trimester ones hard to get)

And it is semantics to say you think abortion is always wrong and then say my decision wasn't wrong.

I do think abortion is wrong. The 2nd trimester abortion I witnessed was a healthy baby weighing about 3 lbs. I thought then it was wrong and I still do. I guess I should say I oppose any 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions of healthy babies. My neighbor just found out at 21 weeks their unborn baby has Downs and a heart defect. Their family urged them to terminate the pregnancy, they said no. They want this baby, she's theirs. A co-worker's wife had a baby diagnosed prenatally with Trisomy 13, they declined abortion too. Yes, the baby died a few days after birth but they couldn't go with an abortion. No two couples will make the same decision. Your decision was the right one for you. I don't know how anyone could tell someone else that their decision to abort a baby with multiple handicaps incompatible with life was a wrong decision.

I've never protested at an abortion clinic, never will. I do not want to return to the days when all abortions were illegal.

I sincerely am sorry for what you went through.

Ok NN, you can admit it now, you're getting off on all this attention, aren't you? Because surely you can't be so clueless as to not pick up on the fact that your posting style is narcissistic and annoying to others. And you can't really expect us to believe that you're friends with every single person in the free world?! You just want to be the big expert on everything, and you refuse to acknowledge you're not coming across that way.

And guess what? Just because you witnessed an abortion and found it disturbing does not mean it's wrong for everyone. You, madam, are not the center of the universe.

To be fair, I'm not the one who has had an abortion, although I am staunchly pro-choice. I'm just someone who is sick and tired of the one-ups-manship and know-it-all attitude in every.single.post.

I think she was referring to Nurse Nells statement that she never called my decision wrong or judged me.

I am the one with the scarlet A (albeit one I pinned to myself)

Don't forget the foreskins!

HAHA! Oops! Nice play on my poor grammar! :lol: You've raised a good point though re: desert sand & circumcision, but I'll leave that topic for the right thread.

I think she was referring to Nurse Nells statement that she never called my decision wrong or judged me.

I am the one with the scarlet A (albeit one I pinned to myself)

Gotcha. Since she quoted NN's "Who the hell are you" post in reference to my earlier post, I got confused.

Guest Anonymous

NurseNell was showing her ass about this subject in another thread, too. She never responds when she gets backed into a corner - after this post she didn't reply to me any more.

viewtopic.php?p=64724#p64724

But she was present at the first saline abortion in the U.S. guys! Except most likely not.

viewtopic.php?p=64464#p64464

She hasn't said anything else to me in this thread after the "Lissar really doesn't like Christians" comment she made was shown to be ridiculous, either. If someone says something that proves her wrong or shows her in an unflattering light she pretends they don't exist.

HAHA! Oops! Nice play on my poor grammar! :lol: You've raised a good point though re: desert sand & circumcision, but I'll leave that topic for the right thread.

Actually, deep fried burkas are great desserts as well. Have you ever had one at a carnival or fair? They can drizzle them with chocolate or confectioner's sugar...yum! :P

I'm just glad we are burka eating today, and not tomorrow. One thing I can't stand is day-old burka!

But she was present at the first saline abortion in the U.S. guys! Except most likely not.

I did get back on that. I was told it was the first saline abortion in the U.S. It was in 1965. In googling though it looks like saline abortion was around before then. The doctor who did it had just returned from Japan where he learned the technique so it may have been the first with the new technique. It was at Millard Fillmore Hospital in Buffalo, NY.

NurseNell was showing her ass about this subject in another thread, too. She never responds when she gets backed into a corner - after this post she didn't reply to me any more.

viewtopic.php?p=64724#p64724

viewtopic.php?p=64464#p64464

She hasn't said anything else to me in this thread after the "Lissar really doesn't like Christians" comment she made was shown to be ridiculous, either. If someone says something that proves her wrong or shows her in an unflattering light she pretends they don't exist.

So I just read that thread and wish I hadn't. A few facts to correct the NN BS ...fetal analomies are almost never detected in the 1st trimester. Besides u/s which isn't covered or offered to all women in the 1st trimester (I never had a 1st trimester one until after my termination because I wasn't high risk. my insurance still doesn't cover one unless you are unable to find a hearbeat on doppler by point X.) Most diagnositic u/s are between 16 and 22 weeks with the vast majority being at 18 weeks which is a good gestational age to get them. Far past the 12 week mark. There is the AFP screening test (quad or triple)

The afp timing is critical for it to be an effective screening test. It is usually performed between weeks 14 and 17.

The other early pregnancy alternative is a CSV (Chrionic Villi Sampling) which brings a high risk of miscarriage and is only offered to women in a high risk group for fetal anamolies. It is usually performed during weeks 11 or 12 for the best results/lowest risk.

So there is a much higher rate of discover of anaomolies after week 17. At this point you are well on your way through the the end of the the second trimester.

If you are like me you take the extra time to get a second and third opinion, have discussions about it, make sure and then ta-da, you can't find a doctor or facility willing to perform an abortion and you go to the Kansas clinic.

I hear these statistics but they just don't hold up to the scientific facts. Women just don't have the options to discover these things in the first trimester where to be blunt, abortion is a far safer option for them. It just isn't true. Current science means that most of us women dealing with this are at or past the point of quickening. We have bought some baby stuff, we are wearing maternity clothes and showing.

And then we find out at the u/s that most women think is really for gender determination and our world falls apart.

And it is important to me that we speak the truth about this.

Archived