IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 2: On to the Honeymoon Somewhere Warm

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel like if Steve named the contents of his scrotum they would be called Titus 1 and Titus 2.

Don't give Terri and Stevehovah any ideas for sexy time fun. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quoting from the pic above":

"Congratulations John and Chelsy! Absolutely touching and godly ceremony! It was fantastic helping with the reception crew!"

If a ceremony featuring a vasectomy reversal was godly, I don't want to know what is ungodly!  :pb_lol:

I am mad I was home all day watching hallmark movies while this wedding was going on. I lost my chance to see a fundy wedding. 

The whole wedding sounded craptastic but I am sure the Maxwells were just fine with it. As someone stated earlier, Chelsy and John would not be together had their parents, include Steve, not approved of their relationship. These are people that don’t stray very far from their family belief system. No one will come home with an unacceptable partner. It’s not like they go away to college and come back with a fiancée no one has ever met. If your parents disapprove the other parents aren’t going to approve because these people are about towing the family line. They don’t want their kids marrying people who have no problem disrespecting their own family because they will have no problem disrespecting your family. 

I may be alone but I don’t care for Chelsy’s Dress. I think the lace looked too much like lace for curtains or a doily material.  Had the lace been more delicate I think it would have looked better and no so heavy. As long long as she liked it that’s all that matters. The bridesmaids dresses reminded me of a wrap dress I bought for about $10 at an outlet years ago me instantly regretted because it does your body no favors. I thought the kids looked adorable. The sweaters don’t bother me. I continue to be amazed that the men at fundy weddings always look so nice but the women’s outfits tend to look like they I were thrown together at the last minute.

1 hour ago, Elegant Mess said:

I probably should have worded the item about Chelsy being barefoot differently.  Before the wedding, she had expressed a desire to go barefoot at the ceremony, owing it to her farm-girl roots.

I'm afraid I will never believe that farm-girl story.  I think she left off her shoes because she can't wait to be barefoot and pregnant in her newly renovated kitchen.  Or she wanted to seem really petite next to John.  Oh, well.  I think she will bring some F*N to Maxhell anyway.

And I just noticed that I credited the wrong person above for the excellent summary of the wedding.  You did a really good job.  Thanks!

@Palimpsest, no worries.  In any event, whoever classified the wedding live stream on YouTube as a comedy was right, whether that was unintentional or a hidden stroke of genius!

I like the style of Chelsy's dress but it's either the execution or the weight of the lace that is off. The attendants' dresses were nice but the material needed a slip or something under it. Saw too many bums for my liking.

I missed the speech :my_sad:.  I did watch the first few minutes of the wedding, but I had to leave to go to dinner.  

Looking at the picture of Chelsy and her new sisters-in-law that Sarah put on the blog.  Those  bride's maids dresses are as form fitting as anything I've ever seen the Maxwell sisters wear.  I'm surprised they didn't insist on a sweater or vest over them.

I am still struggling to grasp the whole vasectomy reversal wedding talk. Was the  wedding  a roast? Is this the only interesting thing about this couple? I tried to explain this to others and they looked at me like I was crazy. This reminds me of an episode of keeping up with the kardashians where they went camping and bruce had a vasectomy and Khris Jenner kept talking about it. It is just one of those topics where you have no idea what to say in polite society. This was in a  church at a wedding. They talked about the dads genitals at the sons wedding. Just, no. words. This is not a TV show. This  was his sons wedding. This. Just. so very very.

I am sorry, I put this post in the wrong forum. Sorry, this is supposed to be a maxhell post.

I wonder if that picture was taken while they were still finishing getting ready. Sarah's hair looks not quite done. 

6 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I wonder if that picture was taken while they were still finishing getting ready. Sarah's hair looks not quite done. 

Sarah has very fine hair that probably resists hair styling (ask me how I know).  My guess is that is the "done" falling out.  

Is "Nurturing your brother's manhood" a post count title yet?

I feel like some sort of belt or thin sash would have made the BM dresses more figure flattering. Those cuts are great for pregnant BMs but they aren't great for non pregnant figures. I watch a lot of Jane Austen movies and I'm always struck by how awful the empire waist looks on lovely figures. 

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Don't give Terri and Stevehovah any ideas for sexy time fun. 

I think we could offer them plenty of ideas without risk of them engaging in anything which might be termed “sexy fun time”!

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Looking at the picture of Chelsy and her new sisters-in-law that Sarah put on the blog.  Those  bride's maids dresses are as form fitting as anything I've ever seen the Maxwell sisters wear.  I'm surprised they didn't insist on a sweater or vest over them.

I kind of feel bad for the three Maxwell sisters. I think they look very nice but I wonder if they were very uncomfortable all day in those dresses. As you wrote, they are completely different than anything they've ever worn. It is a style that could make them feel self conscious. I wonder if they feltl their father's disapproving glare all day. 

I think I would feel self conscious in that dress, anyway.  It would definitely not be flattering on me AT ALL. On the other hand, maybe they felt wonderful wearing something completely different and more "stylish" than they are usually allowed to wear. 

Even the necklaces are out of the ordinary for them. 

On 2018-01-01 at 7:22 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

And jeez Teri, loosen your grip on John's arm there. Be Elsa. Let him go. 

IIRC, Steve can NOT be in a room with another woman for fear that the "other" woman's harlot ways will lead him to sin and debauchery. After all the talk about Steve's junk and then all those other women (some with hard to see modesty panels and possibly visible panty lines), Teri may have needed to hold onto Steve to prevent him from getting too excited and then  giving a live demonstration of the state of his vasectomy.  I say "good job Teri" on keeping the lid on that

Looking at new post pic, I see that "bib" insert in the women's BM  dresses more clearly. Oh Maxwells, get over yourselves!! I'll say again that it is so immodest to draw attention to your special godly selves by changing up the details on the dresses enough that you are noticed.

I was brought up to believe that being "noticed"at a social event was rude, rude, rude. Those three women should have either bowed out of the wedding party or sucked up Chelsy's choice with a smile. So arrogant.  Just my two cents.   (I really don't care, but, you know...).

Rehearsal pics will be shared tomorrow, according to the comments in the new Tits2 post.

Eagerly awaiting what the Maxwell-controlled part of the festivities was like...

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

I'm kind of delighted about that.  I bet Steve was miffed about the dresses' clinginess, which makes the existence of boobs evident.

In the photo of the four Maxwell ladies on their blog today, I notice that all three Maxwell girls are kind of hunched over.  I imagine they felt very self-conscious in their hussy attire.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel like some sort of belt or thin sash would have made the BM dresses more figure flattering. Those cuts are great for pregnant BMs but they aren't great for non pregnant figures. I watch a lot of Jane Austen movies and I'm always struck by how awful the empire waist looks on lovely figures. 

I had the same reaction, and the lack of finishing at the bust line makes them look cheap.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Really? I always think it's very flattering, since it accentuates the breasts and hides the tummy. Not all cuts of it work, though, and I do think many times some sort of belt or sash is necessary. Definitely for Chelsy's bridesmaids a sash would have made the dress a bit "more". 

I agree that a little belt would have been nice on the bridesmaids' dresses - maybe something with a bit of sparkle to match Chelsy's gown. It is always nice when you see a detail or two that pulls the attendants' dresses together with the bride's, in my opinion. Those teal dresses look like something you might wear to an evening barbecue or graduaiton party. They don't really have anything formal about them, yet the wedding gown has all that glitz. 

I wonder where they ordered those dresses. The problem with ordering online without seeing the dress in person is that you just can't predict the quality. I guess they didn't think about going to David's Bridal or even a large department store to look at dresses?  Maybe they did. I am making lots of assumptions. 

5 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Those teal dresses look like something you might wear to an evening barbecue or graduaiton party. They don't really have anything formal about them, yet the wedding gown has all that glitz. 

I have a couple similar dresses (in grey and deep dark blue) that I wear to work.  One woman's bridesmaid dress is another woman's everyday workhorse dress.  

(I admit I wear a tightly fitted tank under them as a modesty panel of sorts.  My girls are ample and I don't need them out and about while I am at work.) 

Really? I always think it's very flattering, since it accentuates the breasts and hides the tummy. Not all cuts of it work, though, and I do think many times some sort of belt or sash is necessary.

This.  I am a larger hourglass figure and have always favored empire dresses. 

45 minutes ago, LaLele said:

This.  I am a larger hourglass figure and have always favored empire dresses. 

True empires? I'm a full figured gal and true empires look horrid on me. I'm talking a waist line gathering directly under the boobs. That makes me look awful. But a waist line that is a couple inches below my boobs but is still a high waist line looks very good on my figure. I don't consider that an empire waist and I honestly don't know what that is called, lol.

I keep thinking about that wedding and I just can't stop feeling baffled by it. 

These people place such emphasis on marriage and supposedly count it as the ultimate goal for all adults (except for Jana Dugger and the Maxwell daughters). Yet, they turned this ceremony into a disorganized farce. It was a mish mash of off the cuff comments, staged moments that were supposed to be funny and inappropriate topics. I think all the people involved think so highly of themselves that they thought they needed no plan and whatever they did would just flow seamlessly. Well, that did not happen.  

I think John and Chelsy were trying to make their wedding (and by extension, their marriage) out to be fun, lighthearted and joyful but they failed miserably. 

One thing's for sure; if Steve had spoken, it would have been a well rehearsed and thoughtfully planned speech; even if the topic was bizarre and smug. I think others said this early in the discussion but I'll repeat it - most of what happened at that wedding should have been saved for the reception or done the night before at the rehearsal. 

Finally, I hope Chelsy does not plan to make a blog post about how to plan a wedding.  That whole "I forgot my vows" thing still seems so odd. A young woman raised with such strict habits of planning and scheduling details would not have let that happen. Plus, she had 127  bridesmaids!  Are we supposed to believe that not one of them said "Chelsy; do you have your vows?"  Just weird. 

Also, why can't I stop thinking about this wedding?!? It's like I watched a horror movie last weekend and I can't get it out of my mind. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived