IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 2: On to the Honeymoon Somewhere Warm

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Poor Hudson is maybe 12 or 11.5. He's not 10 because the youngest Bontrager is 10 (Rebekah). Anyway poor Hudson was presented on stage and his father says they pray every day for a godly little wife. BARF. I admit that I immediately thought to myself, "boy do I hope he finds himself a very tall atheist."

Although this child is way too young to think about getting married, I wonder if the younger-generation Maxwells were allowed to have any interaction with Hudson, Rebekah, and whatever other Bontrager kids happened to be at the wedding? Rebekah is about the same age as Abby. It would be nice if the two girls could become friends now that they're related-through-marriage.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pregnancy insomnia is keeping me awake so I thought I would drop in to amuse myself . And what do I find? Waxing and shaving and tweezing a Maxwell scrotum.

Welp, I am never ever going to sleep again [emoji23]

27 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Although this child is way too young to think about getting married, I wonder if the younger-generation Maxwells were allowed to have any interaction with Hudson, Rebekah, and whatever other Bontrager kids happened to be at the wedding? Rebekah is about the same age as Abby. It would be nice if the two girls could become friends now that they're related-through-marriage.

Wow, I always think of Abby as about 12, but you’re right, she isn’t even 10 yet. As the oldest grandchild she seems to carry a lot of responsibility at such a young age - it’s a stark contrast to Rebekah Bontrager who is the family baby and treated as such. I’m even more impressed by Abby’s child wrangling at the wedding now. And I hope very much that Hudson hasn’t decided that she’s a good candidate for his godly little wife.

41 minutes ago, lilith said:

Wow, I always think of Abby as about 12, but you’re right, she isn’t even 10 yet. As the oldest grandchild she seems to carry a lot of responsibility at such a young age - it’s a stark contrast to Rebekah Bontrager who is the family baby and treated as such. I’m even more impressed by Abby’s child wrangling at the wedding now. And I hope very much that Hudson hasn’t decided that she’s a good candidate for his godly little wife.

I can imagine Abby getting married before Sarah, Anna, and Mary.

13 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Mr. B probably had to agree to talking about Steve's scrotum as the better alternative to Steve's DEATH sermon.

He could've done worse and combined the two topics.  

5 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

He could've done worse and combined the two topics.  

Death to Steve’s scrotum!  I’d pay to see that speech.

I have to admit it. My wedding contained a tiny bit of death. We sang a very beautiful hymn based on an old folk melody but with lyrics that are quite modern. It is about how God keeps track of every person and how he counts the years of your life and is there for you. But, it also mentions phrases about flowers withering and then going back into bloom and other obvious references to death. I couldn't really find a good recording of it and no English translation as far as I know but this one was at least decent: 

I do love this hymn and I am a sucker for melancholy. In Swedish we have a word that is "vemod" which is kind of the feeling of melancholy but the type of sadness you kind of enjoy somehow and that is what I get from this song and why I like it. It discusses love and closeness to god but it does openly refer to how life will end. 

OK, I am out, I am in cap Steve when it comes to death and weddings. Totally against vasectomy discussions though.

@scoutsadieI think you got all the low points.  Especially the unscheduled break  when John and Chelsy nipped out to find her vows.  Teri must have been having conniptions because Chels had failed to gather all of her supplies.  But you missed the little kids in the wedding party.

All together now: ♪♫♬ 

Five flouncing flower girls

Four too many prayers

Three hymns were played

Two little bell ringers

And the wedding ring arrived via drone ♪♫♬ 

Can somebody please tell me who served as bell ringers? 

My YouTube Machine froze up and I wasted precious seconds finding a man to fix it for me.  

*Not really on the "finding a man part."  I just frantically switched to the iPad. I just thought it would be more holy if I said I sought out a man. 

Also, I really was bizarrely frantic about getting this wedding viewable. Once it was rolling, it actually reminded me of when my son was home and would watch UFC fights. I'd put my hands over my face and watch through the cracks in my fingers or I would huff in despair "This is too much! I'm out!" as I kept my backside firmly planted on the couch and kept watching. 

In other news, at the Michelle and Matthias Wissman we've talked about on the same day, Michelle wore the fur shrug some of us were hoping Chelsy might wear. Here's what I imagine a true winter wonderland wedding to look like, complete with shoes! Also how gorgeous is this bride, she looks like Georgia May Jagger.

Screenshot_20180102-072714.png

ETA: we haven't seen any outdoor photos from the J&C wedding yet, maybe there's still a chance of cute outerwear and boots.

Looked down the Wissman rabbit hole... the new bride’s family (the Kingerys) has a website... and at least on my phone, the header photo crops out several family members.  

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Can somebody please tell me who served as bell ringers? 

IIRC, the bell ringers were wearing the same outfits as Joshua and Drew are in the family photo, so I assume it was them.

Also, all of the Maxwell kids walked or were wrangled down the aisle, and there are no Bontrager nephews yet (except for possible ones in utero), so it can’t really be anyone else.

Regarding the spelling of Chelsy's name, because as I've said it annoys me too, I Googled it. Turns out Prince Harry had an ex named Chelsy.

That doesn't actually help me like it any better - I wish she had any other spelling - like someone said above, Chelsea, Chelsey, or even Chelsie work better!

31 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

IIRC, the bell ringers were wearing the same outfits as Joshua and Drew are in the family photo, so I assume it was them.

Also, all of the Maxwell kids walked or were wrangled down the aisle, and there are no Bontrager nephews yet (except for possible ones in utero), so it can’t really be anyone else.

I think Chelsy's cousin bridesmaid has a toddler son but he's probably too young to be a bell ringer. 

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

In other news, at the Michelle and Matthias Wissman we've talked about on the same day, Michelle wore the fur shrug some of us were hoping Chelsy might wear. Here's what I imagine a true winter wonderland wedding to look like, complete with shoes! Also how gorgeous is this bride, she looks like Georgia May Jagger.

Screenshot_20180102-072714.png

ETA: we haven't seen any outdoor photos from the J&C wedding yet, maybe there's still a chance of cute outerwear and boots.

I started a thread on QFOS but there's very little to snark on since it looks like it was a nice wedding. The Wissmans have posted quite a few pictures on Instagram. 

Dear God....back from a hiatus from Maxhell (well, from work) and find SCROTUMs being discussed! Am clutching the drapes! On the blog there's a horrible wedding photo--do they just TRY to take such awful photos????

Now, on the scrotum thing--can someone point me to the source of these comments (and, no, please no arrows on a photo of Steve)

30 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Now, on the scrotum thing--can someone point me to the source of these comments (and, no, please no arrows on a photo of Steve)

You had to be there.  They have taken the livestream down now, I'm afraid.

Steve wasn't allowed to pontificate at all, but Daddy Bontrager waxed eloquent about the miracle of the Reversals for ages.  I don't think Steve's scrotum was officially introduced by name, but it might as well have been.  Discussion of the livestream starts around here:

56 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

You had to be there.  They have taken the livestream down now, I'm afraid.

Steve wasn't allowed to pontificate at all, but Daddy Bontrager waxed eloquent about the miracle of the Reversals for ages.  I don't think Steve's scrotum was officially introduced by name, but it might as well have been.  Discussion of the livestream starts around here:

OH GAG!!!    :brainbleach: 

14 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

The short, short version:

*  Bride plays music after walking in, and the crowd has a pretty decent sing-a-long.

*. Eleventy bridesmaids (several pregnant) and groomsmen

*. Chelsy was indeed barefoot  I assume this is because the ideal is to always be "barefoot and pregnant"--reclaiming that remark as praise?????

*. Papa Bontrager bloviating, wherein we were treated to the now- famous vasectomy reversal speech.  The other Reversal Kids were asked to join John on stage.   No words

*. Chelsy supposedly left her vows in the bathroom  Or needed to hurl if it was after the scrotum speech

* Rings delivered via drone  cute

*. Lots of carrying of female wedding party members by male party members during the recessional I assume this was husbands carrying wives?

* A female photographer  That must have REALLY pissed off the Maxwells--not using the in-family photography genius?? Shock!!!

*. No death sermon or words from Steve  Thank you, Jesus!

Friends, did I miss anything?

@IReallyAmHopewell, I probably should have worded the item about Chelsy being barefoot differently.  Before the wedding, she had expressed a desire to go barefoot at the ceremony, owing it to her farm-girl roots.   When it became clear that the weather forecast for that day indicated it would be really cold in Iowa, several FJers wondered if she would still go barefoot.  Indeed, she did.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel like if Steve named the contents of his scrotum they would be called Titus 1 and Titus 2.

"Steve's sacred scrotum" - alliteration even John Shrader could love.  I have been trying to explain this family to my husband, but they are pretty unbelievable, lol.  Thanks to all for the wonderful recaps of the livestream.  It's kept me laughing for days.

:562479a21db1d_Somethingsinthatthurairlove:

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

WTH is this metal end table on the stage for?

They used it to hold the marriage certificate/license that they both signed in the middle of the ceremony. 

3 hours ago, meee said:

Regarding the spelling of Chelsy's name, because as I've said it annoys me too, I Googled it. Turns out Prince Harry had an ex named Chelsy.

That doesn't actually help me like it any better - I wish she had any other spelling - like someone said above, Chelsea, Chelsey, or even Chelsie work better!

My problem is that when I see Chelsy, I want to say Kelsey. 

30 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

WTH is this metal end table on the stage for?

So bizarre.  WTH?

Two other things:  1.  I think John is trying to cop a feel here.  2.  I despise the word "godly."

15 minutes ago, Rosie said:

So bizarre.  WTH?

Two other things:  1.  I think John is trying to cop a feel here.  2.  I despise the word "godly."

Those two are so touchy feely that I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few "accidental" touches in a couple of their bathing suit spots. It's almost impossible to date for over a year, be a touchy couple, and NOT accidentally touch a boob. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived