IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 2: On to the Honeymoon Somewhere Warm

Coconut Flan

20 hours ago, socalrules said:

I lost my chance to see a fundy wedding. 

No. You lost the chance to see a Freak Show. A fundy wedding is pretty normal. This wasn't normal. No way, no how. Not with scrotums discussed and after the vasectomy reveal ADULT children paraded like show cattle.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if Stevehova and the rest of the Maxhellions treat Chelsy with disdain, I can see John deciding to sell the house and moving closer to her family - frankly, I hope he does.  Sooner, rather than later.  Her family has welcomed him in with open arms and that has to be so wonderful for him.

Steve and the rest can suck it.  Their attitude and behavior just disgust me.   :smiley-signs131:

2 minutes ago, Bajovane said:

Well, if Stevehova and the rest of the Maxhellions treat Chelsy with disdain, I can see John deciding to sell the house and moving closer to her family - frankly, I hope he does.  Sooner, rather than later.  Her family has welcomed him in with open arms and that has to be so wonderful for him.

Steve and the rest can suck it.  Their attitude and behavior just disgust me.   :smiley-signs131:

Don't hold your breath. Steve probably holds the keys like all of John's identity documents, to make sure his perfect image of a family isn't destroyed. Now to find a neighbor to buy-out so the last boy can finally get married. Then it's just Little Women + Daddy at the homestead. Very creepy idea.

The Bontragers announced that they have big news and they will tell us at noon central time. 

I am sure it's a pregnancy. I think it's Carolina that's pregnant and possibly also her sister Cassidy. Bryn is tiny so I don't think she's pregnant quite yet. Or if she is, it's too early to announce. 

The Bontragers don't steal thunder so I'm sure they wanted to wait until after Chelsy's wedding to announce the pregnancy/pregnancies. 

I‘m sure it‘s a pregnancy. Or another engagement? Maybe Allison is engaged.

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bontragers announced that they have big news and they will tell us at noon central time. 

I am sure it's a pregnancy. I think it's Carolina that's pregnant and possibly also her sister Cassidy. Bryn is tiny so I don't think she's pregnant quite yet. Or if she is, it's too early to announce. 

The Bontragers don't steal thunder so I'm sure they wanted to wait until after Chelsy's wedding to announce the pregnancy/pregnancies. 

I just wrote this in the Bowers/Bontragers thread! Maybe we should use this thread for Chelsy and John and use the other one for the rest of the Bontragers? Or is it better to just talk about everyone here? I just want to know for when I want to say something about either family 

7 minutes ago, Smash! said:

I‘m sure it‘s a pregnancy. Or another engagement? Maybe Allison is engaged.

There is a picture with Ma Bon holding an envelope. So there's probably an ultrasound picture or note saying they are going to be grandparents. 

Either Abby is really tall, or Rebecca Bontrager is short. Rebecca is the same height, just about, as Bethany, who’s three years younger. I’ve noticed in photos how Abby is about as tall as her aunts. Unless Melanie is tall and that has an effect on her kids.

I could just be rambling and have no idea about height/how people grow etc. It’s just interesting to notice in that photo. 

Just now, mango_fandango said:

Either Abby is really tall, or Rebecca Bontrager is short. Rebecca is the same height, just about, as Bethany, who’s three years younger. I’ve noticed in photos how Abby is about as tall as her aunts. Unless Melanie is tall and that has an effect on her kids.

I could just be rambling and have no idea about height/how people grow etc. It’s just interesting to notice in that photo. 

I think Abby is tall for her age. If she was in a class of her peers, I bet she would be one of the taller kids in class. 

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

It’s like the wives are just props. 

ding ding ding, we have a winner.  i think we've all known this subconsciously, but to see it spelled out, it makes such perfect sense.

Im late tonthe wedding viewing party and I only watched from when they were kneeling on the altar. Anyhoo Inhad no idea fundy weddings didnt follow a certain program, allowed drones in a church, and most importantly, talked about scrotum. Its eye opening for sure.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There is a picture with Ma Bon holding an envelope. So there's probably an ultrasound picture or note saying they are going to be grandparents. 

My money is on Carolina being pregnant. How old is she--22? I believe Cassidy is only 20.

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

My money is on Carolina being pregnant. How old is she--22? I believe Cassidy is only 20.

My guess is that one or both are pregnant. 

Surprise surprise! Carolina is pregnant. But we already figured. Not much of a surprise.

I don’t know about Chelsy since she just became a Maxwell but Elissa might be ok with not being a featured player of the blog. I am someone who does not put my business or on social media. The sole purpose of my Facebook is to look at everyone else’s stuff without putting any of mine out there. If I married into a family who regularly blogged about their lives I would be happy to be ignored on the blog. Elissa may not care because she prefers not to have her life out there for the world to see. Hell, Joe is rarely on the blog while his brothers and their families are always featured. It is possible Joe doesn’t want to be part of the dog and pony show. Not everyone sees it as an honor to be part of someone else’s social media. I get the idea Joe and Elissa are happy doing their own thing. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Cassidy is also pregnant but not announcing just yet. Neither she nor Carolina wanted to be carried down the aisle by their husbands. If Cass is pregnant, she is probably earlier in a pregnancy.

Just realized something: There have been more Bible readings at every single nuptial Mass I’ve attended than at any of the fundie weddings (Pristopher/NR-Anna, Pecan/Pris, John/Chelsy) that I’ve watched. At all three of the fundie weddings, it was an hour or more of random male bloviating, interspersed with the odd hymn sing-along.  Even the mainstream Protestant weddings I’ve attended (American Baptist Convention, Methodist, Congregationalist, Lutheran) had a more structured liturgy and the usual scriptural selections.

8 minutes ago, Hane said:

Just realized something: There have been more Bible readings at every single nuptial Mass I’ve attended than at any of the fundie weddings (Pristopher/NR-Anna, Pecan/Pris, John/Chelsy) that I’ve watched. At all three of the fundie weddings, it was an hour or more of random male bloviating, interspersed with the odd hymn sing-along.  Even the mainstream Protestant weddings I’ve attended (American Baptist Convention, Methodist, Congregationalist, Lutheran) had a more structured liturgy and the usual scriptural selections.

This is primarily a cult of the Book of Proverbs--all the character teachings.

Now, could someone please find something about poor Tabitha Paine? Thrown out with that skeezie guy?? lol I really have been digging and can't find anything. Were they at this wedding--speaking of scrotums....

20 minutes ago, Hane said:

These aren't Christ centered weddings so much as they are penis centered weddings. 

I find it interesting that Chelsy hasn't married younger. She seems like a real catch in the fundie world and Bons are not creepy isolated like the Maxwells are. Doesn't she have a younger sister who is "old"  too? I just find it interesting that they wern't snapped up at 20 like their sisters-in-law.

2 minutes ago, terranova said:

I find it interesting that Chelsy hasn't married younger. She seems like a real catch in the fundie world and Bons are not creepy isolated like the Maxwells are. Doesn't she have a younger sister who is "old"  too? I just find it interesting that they wern't snapped up at 20 like their sisters-in-law.

Chelsy and John have been together since they were 25. I think Chelsy is picky and wasn't going to settle for the first guy that came along. 

Her younger sister is 23. Like Jesse Maxwell. But I think those two would make an awful match personality wise.

7 hours ago, freethemall said:

Rehearsal photos up on the titus2 blog - interesting there are no photos of the actual couple or Chelsy herself at either the rehearsal itself or dinner. The most is one of her back making suggestions (directing?!) during the rehearsal at the groomsmen.

Probably not surprising but I read that as REVERSAL photos...

4 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Don't hold your breath. Steve probably holds the keys like all of John's identity documents, to make sure his perfect image of a family isn't destroyed. Now to find a neighbor to buy-out so the last boy can finally get married. Then it's just Little Women + Daddy at the homestead. Very creepy idea.

Oy, I hope not.  I would hope that John would know (or find out) that he can legally force his father's hand in turning over any identifying documentation he needs to get the hell out of dodge.  I do recall reading about a young lady who escaped the cult but had to have help obtaining her legal documents because her parents refused to turn them over to her.

I do wonder if Chelsy will continue to blog on her own or if Steve will somehow take that away from her.  I hope not. 

I thought the rehearsal dinner looked really nice. You can bet Teri made sure it was well-organized and executed properly. I'm going to give credit where credit is due and give the Maxwells props for THEIR part of the weekend being exactly what was expected.

Along those lines, maybe Steve is not so upset about the wedding. Traditionally, the wedding is the responsibility of the bride and her family.  With this freak show, Steve can sit back and gloat "Those Bontragers sure don't know how to organize an event."  

This picture makes me laugh. Some of the women look as though they are already saying "What the heck....?" regarding the circus. I wish I could read their minds. 

IMG_9447.JPG

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived