IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 2: On to the Honeymoon Somewhere Warm

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

ONE picture???

They really aren't happy about this wedding.

where does it say "one picture". . . 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is, indeed, one picture now posted - Maxwells only (including Chelsy), because exclusivity, y'know.

The Borg collective increaseth by one...

Heh. Looks like the Spinster Sisters just HAD to show to the world just how much more super modest they were by super-modestising their necklines, and in different fabrics too. Even NR-Anna didn't feel the need to do that.

IMG_5902.jpg

I'm going to hold out hope that the barefoot thing was a low-key Chelsy zap at the Maxwells. Her SIL's show up in modified dresses that feature an unnecessary added lace Shame Bib to cover their salacious thoraxes, so Chels voluntarily decides to REMOVE some clothing. Maybe? Please? I really hope so. Because otherwise, it's just another entry into the ongoing war of humble attrition that I call the Modesty Olympics.

Oh, you sat next to the front door in your parents' living room, waiting on your husband to come and pay for collect you for three days? How cute! I shuffled around barefoot at an otherwise elegant indoor wedding, and clung to my husband like a drunk rhesus monkey because I was just SO feminine and modest. #mosthumble 

What if Pa Bontrager knew that the Maxwells did not fully approve of the wedding and the great vasectomy speech was an attempt to suck to him.  Praising his ways in order to get Steve and the Maxwells to like them more

10 minutes ago, Calypso said:

What if Pa Bontrager knew that the Maxwells did not fully approve of the wedding and the great vasectomy speech was an attempt to suck to him.  Praising his ways in order to get Steve and the Maxwells to like them more

I'm going to be baaaad, but what about if talking about vasectomy was a reminder of how unholy Steve was at a time, opposite to holy Bontragers who left their number of kids up to God since their wedding day?

2 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I'm going to hold out hope that the barefoot thing was a low-key Chelsy zap at the Maxwells. Her SIL's show up in modified dresses that feature an unnecessary added lace Shame Bib to cover their salacious thoraxes, so Chels voluntarily decides to REMOVE some clothing. Maybe? Please? I really hope so. Because otherwise, it's just another entry into the ongoing war of humble attrition that I call the Modesty Olympics.

Oh, you sat next to the front door in your parents' living room, waiting on your husband to come and pay for collect you for three days? How cute! I shuffled around barefoot at an otherwise elegant indoor wedding, and clung to my husband like a drunk rhesus monkey because I was just SO feminine and modest. #mosthumble 

Although this would be awesome, it didn't happen like that. We knew long in advance Chelsy would've barefoot at her wedding. She said it on her blog a couple months back. 

And jeez Teri, loosen your grip on John's arm there. Be Elsa. Let him go. 

I think all the bridesmaids wore modesty panels, but Sarah's and Anna's definitely look higher and slightly different. It'll be interesting to see closeups of them. 

This picture was obviously taken while a more official portrait was being taken. I am sure the lack of Maxwell photographer bugged the shit out of Steve. 

I was also wondering if the vasectomy talk was to stoke Steve's ego. Seems like something he might even demand be addressed in the wedding. 

53 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

This picture was obviously taken while a more official portrait was being taken. I am sure the lack of Maxwell photographer bugged the shit out of Steve. 

Well, it has a certain something that a Christopher Maxwell photo doesn't. :BLAZER:

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Same goes for Prissy Chris and Smug Joe.

43 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Same goes for Prissy Chris and Smug Joe.

But they are their wives! Teri needs to let her little boy go on his wedding day!

Really Steve, one picture and just a few sentences of commentary?  Ellie and Arnold have gotten more coverage on the blog!  I suppose one picture and a bit of text were all that could be posted as this New Year's Eve was double kneeling and wailing as a son became extended family and there is a lot of sinning going on.  

The higher the modesty panel, the closer to God?

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The son of my good friend got married last February.

He and my daughter have been friends "since birth" and graduated high school together. They happened to settle in the same city, out of state, after college and have remained closed friends, with my daughter becoming very close to his new wife. 

When their wedding pictures came out, my friend could be seen clinging to her son just like this in all of them. The new bride evidently had quite a venting session with my daughter about how strange it looks in her wedding photos to see the mother of the groom holding on to him more than the bride herself. 

I wonder if we'll see any photos of Chelsy collapsing into John's arms. I mean, she spent a good portion of the ceremony doing just that so surely there is a shot of it somewhere. 

@SolomonFundy "clung to my husband like a drunk Rhesus monkey" is the best way to start my morning EVER!  That needs to be a post count title. 

It is amazing the difference is sewing skills. Elissa’s daughter dress has toule and so cute and fluffy.  The rest - WTF?

BTW:  The white sweaters are hideous.  They could have easily been blinged out with some sequense and crystals.  Instead, we have BORING!

8 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

ONE picture???

They really aren't happy about this wedding.

Why would they be. It was not Steve controlled. 

10 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

It is amazing the difference is sewing skills. Elissa’s daughter dress has toule and so cute and fluffy.  The rest - WTF?

BTW:  The white sweaters are hideous.  They could have easily been blinged out with some sequense and crystals.  Instead, we have BORING!

I don't care for the gray dresses. I guess I'm old fashioned and would prefer they all wear white dresses with white sweaters. 

We've gotten 4354252 pictures of sink unclogging, cabinet polishing and car washing, but when there's actually something interesting going on in their lives they give us ONE blurry off center picture.

So based on that photo, it looks like every single member of the extended Maxwell clan (with the exception of Steve and Teri) was part of the wedding party. Is it just me, or are these mega wedding parties more than a little ridiculous? I mean, who's left to actually attend the wedding when everyone's up on stage with the bride and groom? My understanding is that your attendants were the people closest to you, be they friend or relative, not someone you may have met three or four times but included just because they were somehow related to the happy couple. To each his/her own, I guess, but when it looks like you've got the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in attendance, maybe it's time to dial it back a notch or 12.

Has anyone EVER seen Ruthie with a big-ass, kid-like grin on her face? I swear, aside from one or two photos where she has a glimmer of a Mona Lisa smile, I don't think I've ever seen her look happy. Was she born on a Wednesday or something, because she sure looks full of woe. Be a kid, Ruthie! Get dirty! Go stomp in a mud puddle in your bare feet! Break out! Free Ruthie!

I don't get that either. I understand wanted to include your and your spouses siblings but that is a lot of people. 

I mentained on here before how my friend's sister had to have their cousins in her wedding when she wanted her best friend instead. It's odd now because she is still close to her friend and barely sees their cousins. 

6 hours ago, Calypso said:

I like that and proposed it a long time ago! :my_biggrin: Like on the wedding day. Great minds!!!

In other business? @SolomonFundy has my devotion now & gore er for “salacious thoraxes” and “clinging to my husband like a drunk rhesus monkey”!!!!!!

That was always one recommendation I had to friends getting married. Keep your wedding party count as low as possible. Only include your closest friends and family members. I personally think 3-5 is the best number for bridesmaids and groomsmen. I'm just going by observation. The more bridesmaids and groomsmen you have, the more stressful it becomes. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But they are their wives! Teri needs to let her little boy go on his wedding day!

I’m betting tears flowed, spewed and otherwise gushed from Terifying’s judgmental eyes, second only to when she had to give up her firstborn son to that HUSSY in the house ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE STREET!!!

Hm ... did the actress who played Mrs. Barone style herself on The Terifier???

1 hour ago, PsyD2013 said:

Really Steve, one picture and just a few sentences of commentary?  Ellie and Arnold have gotten more coverage on the blog!  I suppose one picture and a bit of text were all that could be posted as this New Year's Eve was double kneeling and wailing asn.  

The higher the modesty panel, the closer to God?

There is just an EMBARRASMEMT OF RICHES starting off the new year!!!

And now I’ll stop with the all/caps.  Promise.

Random thoughts: 

I keep thinking that Teri will likely never be mother of the bride but always mother of the groom. I've mentioned before that I wonder if the thought of planning a daughter's wedding would be quite overwhelming for her. 

This wedding was actually quite expensive for Christopher and Nathan - tuxedo rental for themselves and their sons, bridesmaids' dresses for their wives and dresses/sweaters for their daughters, probably new shoes for at least some of them. Add in lodging and other travel expenses and that really is a lot of money to put out for a brother's wedding. Sorry if it is crass to mention the money but it is just something I thought of as I looked at the picture. 

I keep thinking of Mr. Bontrager calling the reversal kids down to the stage. I think that was so rude and arrogant if it was not planned - well, it was rude even if it was planned.  I hate when people do that - put the spotlight on somebody who is not expecting it. It is especially terrible if one of those people happens to be shy and does NOT want to have a thousand eyes on them. That was just weird. 

This wedding seemed like an open mic night at a comedy club where they decided to toss some vows in at the end. It was a circus and I agree with an earlier comment which stated it's unbelievable that this was actually rehearsed the day before. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived