IGNORED

Lori Alexander 36: Still Confused on What Discipline Really Means

That woman’s husband is very likely an addict- an alcoholic (based on her characterization). It takes way more than being nice to change that behavior. Being nice doesn’t stop domestic violence. Being submissive doesn’t either. She and Ken are clueless when it comes to these matters. 

Today she’s back on her kick of woman not preaching or holding “positions of authority” and her Titus 3 kick. 

Disclaimer- I attend one campus of a church that has three campuses total. My campus has a woman pastor. I see nothing wrong with that. 

I see Paul’s letters as just that- letters to churches giving instruction/support/advice. I don’t see them as God's commands but am open to what others have to say. 

I am 43 years old. For at least 38 years, I have attended church regularly (for 10 of those years, give or take, I attended church three times per week). I have never seen/heard/caught wind of a Pastor exerting authority over anyone in the church. Does anyone know what that means or looks like? 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

From today's post about woman deacons:

"We’ve all seen a rebellious teen-ager or wife. Wise pastors and elders have learned to pick up the non-verbal cues that show this rebellion. Usually you can see it in the eyes or the expression on the lips. God made us this way and it is only through a cultivated ignorance that officers of the church are unaware of the obvious signs. I wish I could pick up the cues as easily as my African students do."

Am I missing something? What does the highlighted portion mean? I cannot for the life of me figure out what this man is getting at.

Perhaps he’s implying that American culture accepts it as normal (cause feminism) whereas cultures that have more traditional or strict expectations are more in tune? Different cultural norms? I don’t know if what I’m saying makes sense. 

On the anal sex, I believe it's a combo of "non-procreational sex" (oral/handies can be glossed over as a stop on the road to PIV sex) and the "dirty" factor.  Plus, doing it right (i.e., safely and without pain) involves a little research.  I'd be willing to bet that "bite on the sheets" was an instance of bad anal sex. 

As someone who has tried it and not particularly liked it (not painful so much as just not as stimulating for me, per @Sarah92's explanation - the preliminaries were enjoyable but the act itself is not a must-have for me), I feel bad for someone who doesn't feel they can say no.

With respect to that African student comment, he's just talking out his arse, and not making any sense as usual. Equating a wife, who I am assuming is a grown woman, with a rebellious teen? WTF! 

I must say, I feel a special girly glow reading Lori's female deacon post, since I must be one of her unnamed targets, being a Presbyterian elder.  I'm not serving on a session at present, but like they tell you when you're ordained..."once an elder, always an elder."  Ha!  Lick that up, Lori!

Check out these comments. Come one! The weather up north is unprecedented. Minus anything is serious business, but hey women of the past didn't die in the cold so......

Annette Gernaey says:

December 31, 2017 at 6:57 am

25 degrees below zero here in northern Wisconsin this morning and breezy. Windchill -50. VERY DANGEROUS!
I have 2 blocks to walk to church in a while. You can bet your sweet bippy I will have long pants and a heavy sweater on as well as thermal boots and double insulated mittens and a down coat on. Skirt or dress, not an option today.

Elizabeth says:

December 31, 2017 at 8:13 am

How about wearing a flannel petticoat, and a wool skirt in addition to the clothing that you mentioned? I do it all the time and I assure you, I stay very warm and look feminine at a distance. Women did manage to not freeze to death historically wearing dresses all the time.

Give it a little thought and may you be blessed sister.

Annette Gernaey says:

December 31, 2017 at 9:16 am

It was on MSN this morning how a lost hunter in northern Minnesota was rescued but he was going to lose some fingers to frostbite. I cannot take a chance dressing any way in the extreme cold winter other than what will be adequate protection. I do like to wear skirts and dresses in decent weather.

So can someone who is not blocked from commenting on Lori's Facebook ask her under that Singer Sewing post to please share pictures of all the things she sews? I'd do it myself but I've been banned for over a year. 

And I really want to see her handiwork! :evil-laugh:

Dear Lori,

Today I'm wearing a plaid flannel shirt, cotton tank and skinny jeans with destroyed knees.  Although my golden yellow tank coordinates with the cream and gold plaid with green cross thread shirt and I am wearing green suede flats, I didn't ask my headship if it was OK to wear the outfit before I got dressed.  He did notice I was color-coordinated though.

My question is this -- am I cross dressing?  My flannel shirt is a woman's shirt not a man's if that makes a difference.

Signed.
Possibly an Accidental Cross-Dresser

:evil-laugh:

I can be (and have been, back in the day) wearing heavy men's coveralls, boots, stocking cap, and scarf. Couldn't even see my FACE. Surprise- I still "look feminine". Unless I tape these double Ds down with Ace bandages and have some radical hip reducing surgery, no one's going to mistake me for a man.

58 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Check out these comments. Come one! The weather up north is unprecedented. Minus anything is serious business, but hey women of the past didn't die in the cold so......

Annette Gernaey says:

December 31, 2017 at 6:57 am

25 degrees below zero here in northern Wisconsin this morning and breezy. Windchill -50. VERY DANGEROUS!
I have 2 blocks to walk to church in a while. You can bet your sweet bippy I will have long pants and a heavy sweater on as well as thermal boots and double insulated mittens and a down coat on. Skirt or dress, not an option today.

Elizabeth says:

December 31, 2017 at 8:13 am

How about wearing a flannel petticoat, and a wool skirt in addition to the clothing that you mentioned? I do it all the time and I assure you, I stay very warm and look feminine at a distance. Women did manage to not freeze to death historically wearing dresses all the time.

Give it a little thought and may you be blessed sister.

Annette Gernaey says:

December 31, 2017 at 9:16 am

It was on MSN this morning how a lost hunter in northern Minnesota was rescued but he was going to lose some fingers to frostbite. I cannot take a chance dressing any way in the extreme cold winter other than what will be adequate protection. I do like to wear skirts and dresses in decent weather.

Okay so. We could never wear pants. Even in cold weather. We could wear sweats under our skirts but omg who does that. Especially when you're short and fat like me. As kids we would wear tights/leggings but as we got older we got more embarrassed about wearing thick leggings or longjohns under our skirts/split skirts with tennis shoes. My sister and I stopped wearing them eventually and just went cold. We are both shorter and chubby and it just felt and looked so awkward. We became really good at lying to everyone who asked if we were cold. Even in our mid and late twenties, when we asked if we could wear pants in winter time, our mom said no, we just had to layer up. We told her how we felt and she just said oh well, "we have to suffer for what's right & God honoring and our convictions." Most of my life I've hated winter because I was always cold. 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

So can someone who is not blocked from commenting on Lori's Facebook ask her under that Singer Sewing post to please share pictures of all the things she sews? I'd do it myself but I've been banned for over a year. 

And I really want to see her handiwork! :evil-laugh:

She painted once! And reframed her windows! And don't forget she has been sick for eleventy million years. 

OH, and she bakes bread once in a blue moon. Jeeze, what more can you ask of her?? /hopefully obvious sarcasm 

45 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Look pretty while sewing. :D I look like a bag lady while knitting. 

I usually have a cat on my lap when I'm crocheting. And I'm in my jammies. Solidarity, sister. (Jealous of your knitting ability. I never got the knack. :) )

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Okay so. We could never wear pants. Even in cold weather. We could wear sweats under our skirts but omg who does that. Especially when you're short and fat like me. As kids we would wear tights/leggings but as we got older we got more embarrassed about wearing thick leggings or longjohns under our skirts/split skirts with tennis shoes. My sister and I stopped wearing them eventually and just went cold. We are both shorter and chubby and it just felt and looked so awkward. We became really good at lying to everyone who asked if we were cold. Even in our mid and late twenties, when we asked if we could wear pants in winter time, our mom said no, we just had to layer up. We told her how we felt and she just said oh well, "we have to suffer for what's right & God honoring and our convictions." Most of my life I've hated winter because I was always cold. 

I hope you are enjoying wearing pants now. Preferably while visiting your mom. Personally, I haven't worn a skirt in about 20 years. All jeans, all the time.

My own mother attended a public high school in the middle of the last century. The school forbade girls from wearing pants. One freezing cold day, my mother rebelled at the idea of walking 2 miles to school in a skirt. She wore pants. She was a well-behaved student at the very top of her class, but she'd had enough. The principal sent her back home to change.

I am astonished at the snippy bitch who dared to comment on the Wisconsin lady's statement about wearing pants in the cold. It is just dripping with condescension and smugness. "Give it a little thought" and "I assure you women used to be just fine . . . " How does she know that women never suffered from frostbite in 1800-era Wisconsin? I'm glad Annette held her ground.

OTOH, I have to laugh at stupid "Yupp", who clearly doesn't understand what a "beta" is. She seems to think that it is some sort of bad woman--a pants wearer, perhaps--and vows to play "spot the beta" with her sons. Go for it, Yupp! I'm sure your teenage sons will love playing such a game with you.

Oh....here we go again with the pants :pb_rollseyes:

Did she forget to tell her daughter again? 

Also--not sure if this was previously discussed--did anyone happen to see LORI wearing PANTS (possible leggings as they looked) during her family Christmas on her daughters IG?

Lori. Lying hypocrite sack of crap. AGAIN.

10 minutes ago, YourMamaKnew said:

Oh....here we go again with the pants :pb_rollseyes:

Did she forget to tell her daughter again? 

Also--not sure if this was previously discussed--did anyone happen to see LORI wearing PANTS (possible leggings as they looked) during her family Christmas on her daughters IG?

Lori. Lying hypocrite sack of crap. AGAIN.

She's also been photographed wearing a skirt that was short by her published standards. I can't remember what her stupid explanation was for it, but she's very much do as i say, not as I do.

1 hour ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I usually have a cat on my lap when I'm crocheting. And I'm in my jammies. Solidarity, sister. (Jealous of your knitting ability. I never got the knack. :) )

Jealous of your crochet. I'm a rogue knitter in a long line of crochet addicts. I'm determined to learn in 2018 tho. 

@Hisey I haven't yet. But 2018 will be my year. I have a huge mental block about them after being told repeatedly by my mother I would be unhappy with how I looked in them + struggling with body positivity due to growing up overweight in my fundie family. But, I'm healing and I'm getting there. I'm short and very pear shaped so I'm unsure if I'll find something that looks good, but I'm determined to try this year. 

25 minutes ago, Destiny said:

She's also been photographed wearing a skirt that was short by her published standards. I can't remember what her stupid explanation was for it, but she's very much do as i say, not as I do.

YUP. I remember seeing that.  It wasn't just short, it was high thigh. Ya know, slut area....:pb_rollseyes:

I think her excuse was that she was privately with her husband and family.

What the F ever lady. 

Just now, YourMamaKnew said:

YUP. I remember seeing that.  It wasn't just short, it was high thigh. Ya know, slut area....:pb_rollseyes:

I think her excuse was that she was privately with her husband and family.

What the F ever lady. 

I'm not gonna lie, that skirt was too short for me too, but that's because I hate people seeing my knees. I don't give any fucks if someone sees my boobs, but my knees? those stay under wraps. I hate my knees.

She's such a hypocrite. It makes me so angry.

@AlwaysDiscerning,  I had to laugh at that idiot Elizabeth telling Annette to wear a flannel petticoat under a wool skirt and she wouldn't be cold.  I don't think girls and women have worn flannel petticoats since Laura Ingalls Wilder was a sprig.  Or maybe Anne (with an "e") Shirley. Nobody's gonna have a flannel petticoat nowadays.

37 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@AlwaysDiscerning,  I had to laugh at that idiot Elizabeth telling Annette to wear a flannel petticoat under a wool skirt and she wouldn't be cold.  I don't think girls and women have worn flannel petticoats since Laura Ingalls Wilder was a sprig.  Or maybe Anne (with an "e") Shirley. Nobody's gonna have a flannel petticoat nowadays.

I thought the same thing. What century is she from? Where the hell do you find a flannel petticoat? Or any petticoat for that matter? Does she mean a slip? I can find you a slip, honey, but it won't be flannel. 

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

Jealous of your crochet. I'm a rogue knitter in a long line of crochet addicts. I'm determined to learn in 2018 tho. 

@Hisey I haven't yet. But 2018 will be my year. I have a huge mental block about them after being told repeatedly by my mother I would be unhappy with how I looked in them + struggling with body positivity due to growing up overweight in my fundie family. But, I'm healing and I'm getting there. I'm short and very pear shaped so I'm unsure if I'll find something that looks good, but I'm determined to try this year. 

You sound like you are built like I am, and I think I look fine in pants. Perhaps it is your mother's voice you're hearing?

In fact, I look much better in pants than I do in skirts, as skirts can be overwhelming on me. Even if I didn't look good in pants, if I'm just around my house, who cares? Pants keep me warm, are comfortable, and let me do what I need to do. If I wore pants to the store, and someone saw me and didn't like the way I looked, what do I care? Most likely, though, no one would be thinking about how I look at all. They are thinking about their own stuff. 

I'm sure the same is true for you. I suspect you would look adorable in jeans. And it's really best to please yourself, anyway, when you choose clothes. That is how people come across as attractive and confident--by wearing what makes them feel good. Wear what you feel good in, Eowyn, and don't worry about everyone else. (Well, worry about your husband, if you must, but it sounds like he loves you for who you are, not what you wear)

Happy New Year!

13 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I thought the same thing. What century is she from? Where the hell do you find a flannel petticoat? Or any petticoat for that matter? Does she mean a slip? I can find you a slip, honey, but it won't be flannel. 

On etsy they are going for $75 to 90 each! I also found this blog post about making one- - https://tanitisis.com/tag/flannel-petticoat/  But you can't buy one at Kohls, JcPenny's, Sears, etc. Maybe if we go back to the beginning of the Sears and JcPenny catalog we could find a couple :) 

I am sure some spouses would like their partner to wear just the petticoat and corset that the model is wearing. HA

I'm working on my review of Chapter 15 in her book. In the beginning of the chapter she says, "The Lord has been good to me, and when I'm feeling up to it, I enjoy spending my time mentoring women, helping my children with the grandchildren and their homes, or whatever the Lord puts in my path."

Does anyone know if she is actively mentoring anyone these days? Her church will not let her teach submission or counsel women on it so I'm guessing she has not recently met with anyone face-to-face to mentor. Has she talked about mentoring people via the internet? Does she consider herself mentoring through the chat room? 

While she talks about mentoring women, I haven't seen any evidence of her actively doing this on the blog or on her Facebook page. I'm not in the chat room, so that may be a different story.

I wear skirts 90% of the time. BUT...when winter hit here, I pulled out my pants, leggings and tights. Admittedly, it doesn't get real cold here (low 30's over night), however, compared to 110 highs, it's right chilly. I pretty much only wear skirts to church this time of year, but come March I'll be back in my skirts...

Thing is, nobody, and I mean NOBODY would never, ever mistake me for a guy...ever. The 40D's hanging off my chest leave no doubt. Yes, I prefer to dress modestly, yes, I feel there's certain things that don't need to hang out. I wore jeans, t-shirts and tennis shoes to work for 10 years...and even then nobody mistook me for a guy...not even with the reflective vest, work boots and hard hat. 

Lori is a fkn idiot...and a hypocrite. 

• Blahblah locked this topic

Archived