IGNORED

Lori Alexander 36: Still Confused on What Discipline Really Means

9 minutes ago, KatBonD said:

The godly mentor is spending New Year's Day debating on whether or not women's brains are the same as men's. I suggest you check it out before it all gets deleted.

5a4aa71b2bfc3_Screenshot2018-01-01at1_19_42PM.png.9af408f42e8bb643212e71e8ef4caa58.png5a4aa716c1102_Screenshot2018-01-01at1_19_55PM.png.ebdc71233bf5a1bf653e369ab06e6b12.png

Is she really this fucking stupid? 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe these people are looking in the wrong place - I see lots of acceptance and support here of people doing what works for them. I frequently encounter opinions and experiences that are different from my own, and I'm often challenged about my assumptions and snap judgements. I see people here who are diverse and interesting, who care about others and the world around them. Maybe Lori and her ilk could learn something from hanging out here for a while!

7 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

She doesn't give a shit about women or these issues.

And that , coupled with her ignorance, makes her unfit to serve in her  "ministry". 

13 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

Maybe these people are looking in the wrong place - I see lots of acceptance and support here of people doing what works for them. I frequently encounter opinions and experiences that are different from my own, and I'm often challenged about my assumptions and snap judgements. I see people here who are diverse and interesting, who care about others and the world around them. Maybe Lori and her ilk could learn something from hanging out here for a while!

Impossible. We're godless heathen feminists. We have to be sad and alone and depressed with empty lives. No woman can be happy or a good example when also identifying as feminist.

Sarcasm aside, I totally agree. My 12 years of FJ have changed me for the better, and done exactly what you said - challenged me to think about what I believe and why. Sadly, critical thinking is not encouraged in fundieland.

16 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

happytogetscreenshotsafterdinner.PNG.c85e4f2a8b74cb06e29bb5034c6a602d.PNG

Well played. 

She is deleting though. I went to refresh and it was 26 then down to 25. 

She deleted all of this. She knows she is a liar

18 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

I agree, Lori and ilk could learn from us. We have SAHM members here who we support and learn from. Our SAHM members have expressed acceptance and support of working women. We have have or had members whose husbands were SAHDs.  Lori and her fangirls don't do anything to learn from people who are different from them. They push marrying, having kids, and staying at homes as the only plan for women. Lori's fangirls generalize all working women and two income homes as unstable and materialistic which isn't true for all people in those categories. I don't think Lori will ever actually learn from us or others who support working women. I have some hope that a few of her fangirls might eventually learn from us.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

And probably blocked Taara.  

10 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

One of my 2018 wishes is that Lori is publicly brought down and called out on her various lies by people who actually know her. Given how horrible she is on the Internet, she has to have enemies in her family or other circles. Her aunts called her out on Always Not Learning a bunch of times. I imagine others in her family view her as the annoying aunt and cousin and might be actually want to see her go down.

ETA: I also hope that the neighbors that she has shit talked know and eventually come forward and dish on Lori.

While I don't totally agree with this guy labeling them as trophy wives. He seems to be playfully mocking Lori and the fangirls. I think this guy has been watching Lori's page for awhile and knows that many of her fangirls have a huge risk of ending up homeless or in a financial mess if something happened to their husbands.

xldqqc.jpg

Lindy's comment to the guy is interesting. Funny how she says the surviving spouse can earn an income. She doesn't go into more detail about that. So does that mean Lindy believes widows should go out and work and not find a magical church to support them?

2a411f.jpg

I have been thinking about this for the last couple of days.  I can't get it out of my mind.  It has made me sick to my stomach, in a way that no other Lori exchange has.

Reader 1:

The older one is almost 11 and cannot walk or crawl. And is still in nappies ( diapers) and is non verbal. 

we still managed to find ways to train her.

Reader 2:

I am not against spanking, but in all seriousness what could a child that can’t walk, talk or do anything for themselves do that would require a punishment?

Reader 1 replies:

Constantly grinding her teeth, chewing her tongue until it bleeds, sucking her thumb until it cracks bleeds refusing to eat her food for no good reason other than being in a foul mood etc. She is allowed to be unhappy. But when she starts letting everyone know about it and acts miserable all day its unnaceptable. We always search for a reason, (in pain,thirsty,hungry,tired,too hot, too cold, dirty etc) and if no good reason can be found it needs to be dealt with immediately.

These comments are the reason that I am going to take a break from the Lori threads.  I have always known that there are people who are capable of horrible things, but seeing it spelled out so blatantly just took my breath away.

My heart it broken...I can't imagine how a mother could do such a thing.  I can't imagine what goes through that poor child's mind when she is being abused by the people she should trust.   Either way, I know that I can no longer snark on Lori.  Her blog is vile and toxic, and promotes the worst sorts of abuse.  

I truly hope that the medical professionals overseeing her daughter's care are observant enough to see what's happening.  

The woman who invented Liquid Paper was a divorced, single mother. She made a bundle when she sold her company to Gillette in like 1979. Her son is also rather successful...he got introduced to the American public in a little show called The Monkees. He also sold the idea for MTV....

So much for single mothers not raising successful children 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bette_Nesmith_Graham

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Nesmith

Another comment that will be gone soon.

2mc7gut.jpg'

I gotta love this guy for taking on Lori. She'll probably block him. I've seen guys in the past slam and call out Lori.

b99bu8.jpg

10 minutes ago, Koala said:

I have been thinking about this for the last couple of days.  I can't get it out of my mind.  It has made me sick to my stomach, in a way that no other Lori exchange has.

Reader 1:

Reader 2:

Reader 1 replies:

These comments are the reason that I am going to take a break from the Lori threads.  I have always known that there are people who are capable of horrible things, but seeing it spelled out so blatantly just took my breath away.

My heart it broken...I can't imagine how a mother could do such a thing.  I can't imagine what goes through that poor child's mind when she is being abused by the people she should trust.   Either way, I know that I can no longer snark on Lori.  Her blog is vile and toxic, and promotes the worst sorts of abuse.  

I truly hope that the medical professionals overseeing her daughter's care are observant enough to see what's happening.  

I understand. I have thought of calling CPS on that mom. 

4 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

2mc7gut.jpg'

I gotta love this guy for taking on Lori. She'll probably block him. I've seen guys in the past slam and call out Lori.

b99bu8.jpg

Re Zach it looks like she already did and her response. 

Lori conveniently forgets that women were systematically denied an education and opportunities until relatively recently (and, in many cases, are still being denied both). Of course it appears like women aren't capable of inventing things on the same level as men, if one looks at it since the dawn of human history--women haven't even had the vote for 100 years, ffs. Every advancement made by a woman is done with her metaphorical hand tied behind her back. We have to be twice as good to accomplish half as much. What a bunch of bologna and cheese. 

Lori's response to Sarah. I have a screenshot because I figure it will be deleted. I'll put it up later.

The Transformed Wife There are many women who sacrifice a lot to be able to stay home full time with their children because they know that no one can replace them in their children's lives but many can replace them in their careers.

Oh Lori, please explain to us why you had a fucking nanny in your house who was there cleaning and holding your crying daughter for hours at a time. We all know that nanny attended your daughter's wedding and there is a big chance that you still employ that woman as a house cleaner.

34 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I understand. I have thought of calling CPS on that mom. 

Yes.  It has been haunting me as well.  I look at my kids and imagine if it were them being treated like that.   Why is that 11yr old self harming like that, I have to wonder.  Has it always been that way or is it a response to abuse?  Should she be given something to ease that behaviour?  Is she properly stimulated and played with or do they ignore her besides to discipline when mom gets annoyed BECAUSE SHE IS CHEWING HER OWN TONGUE AND FINGERS RAW?  She can't express herself or have any outlet whatsoever other than what is given.  I'm beyond shocked and angry with this talk.  I hope they get a visit from CPS after publicly stating what is going on in that household.

53 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

2mc7gut.jpg'

b99bu8.jpg

Lori has three examples from extreme thinking feminists.  I'm not sure I would call them feminists because they are filling the void of men in the "women need to be told what to do and harshly judged" department.   Piss off with that!  Two extremes, interesting.  No middle ground.  

I got noticeably more praise as a SAHM, honestly.  And, I live in L.A.!  Heathen central.  

• Blahblah locked this topic

Archived