IGNORED

Lori Alexander 36: Still Confused on What Discipline Really Means

32 minutes ago, Koala said:

When did the navy shirt pic go up on Amazon?  It says Sep., but I haven't noticed it before.  

Quite recently. Last couple of days, maybe? I think Amazon is having software glitches with its reviews.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I had to read this twice. I thought you wrote, 'I dress like a millionaire, hipster, lesbian...":pb_lol:

My flannels would be way more expensive if that were the case LOL

Things done tooken a turn for the worse in the chatroom where one new member has asked about obeying husbands and said or asked something like "so i can wear makeup for him and do stuff i'm not comfortable with in the bedroom." 

These poor women. Honestly. The pictures they've posted from Christmas are just bleak as fuck. Sheets over windows in the living room, dirty faced passel of kids for their holiday pictures. You get the picture. It's so desperate looking and nothing at all like Loris's fresh-faced so cal bunch. These women live in real poverty. One today was asking if she should get rid of her insurance and just trust God. It's insanity.  

4 minutes ago, fluffy said:

These poor women. Honestly. The pictures they've posted from Christmas are just bleak as fuck. Sheets over windows in the living room, dirty faced passel of kids for their holiday pictures. You get the picture. It's so desperate looking and nothing at all like Loris's fresh-faced so cal bunch. These women live in real poverty. One today was asking if she should get rid of her insurance and just trust God. It's insanity.  

I'm no surprised at all about a fangirl saying something like that.

@fluffy Do stuff they're not comfortable with in the bedroom? Please tell me someone told them they have a right to refuse things if they aren't comfortable. Some of these poor women's husbands just seem like sick individuals. 

@Sarah92, Her response/fragment was in response to a question asking something like "I heard submission to your husband is doing everything he says unless he’s causing you to sin. Is this correct?" 

Naturally, fangirl #1 says "Yup, let me be a lapdog for my husband" (something like that, not verbatim). Then her right hand woman Lindsay attaches a long discursive post on the "proper understanding of biblical submission" from the famed Lindsays' Logic website. Oh, that rallied the troops. THEN we get the weird "so I can wear makeup and do stuff I'm not comfortable with in the bedroom" comment. I don't even understand if it's a question or a response. And no, no lapdogs have responded. And that poor woman who posted the sad bedroom comment looks haggard from her hard-riding horndog hubby.

@fluffy that makes me so sad- even though I’m not surprised to read it. I’m sure no supportive help was given by anyone. 

BEC moment- but Lindsay and Lindy both annoy me to no end. 

@Frog99, Actually now a sweet women has posted a kind response. Thank rufus. She wrote that husbands should be gentle and kind and selfless and then the wife should desire to please the old horndog. She wrote that biblical submission isn't characterized by force. 

That is much better than the normal response. There are some sweet women on the page. I wish they'd overthrow Lorbags. 

6 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

@fluffy that makes me so sad- even though I’m not surprised to read it. I’m sure no supportive help was given by anyone. 

BEC moment- but Lindsay and Lindy both annoy me to no end. 

Lindy has become BEC for me. To a lesser extent, that fangirl Melissa can be BEC to me at times. Lindy is basically Lori's guard dog and IIRC, she was one of the women who volunteered to delete posts for her Goddess Lori.

7 hours ago, Frog99 said:

I think her fangirls have no ability to see what a hypocrite she is simply because she posts what they want to hear- it’s an echo chamber for them. And who on earth is that Dalrock? He seems to have some major issues. 

SO MUCH AGREEMENT...

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

Quite recently. Last couple of days, maybe? I think Amazon is having software glitches with its reviews.

That's what I was thinking.  I wonder if Lori gets a notification...

Either way, I bet she just about hit the roof when she saw that.  A sea of immodest pictures, just out of reach of her delete finger.  

Looks like it's still at 2.5 stars.  

*Disclaimer* I have not read or reviewed her book and don't plan to. 

The WORST is Lindsay. She doesn't post that much on the transformed wife page but holds court and is a real know it all in the chatroom. She is in her mid-twenties and a total fundie except she has a college degree in science and thinks she should be the one fundie woman allowed to pursue higher ed. 

Her husband is about fifty and met her at some weird conference where I think he was all but shopping for a child bride. He is a rabid anti-choice proponent, which makes sense seeing as he wanted to marry a child. 

The interesting thing is she is much more confident and smarter than her leader Lori and runs her own blog. I think she's smartly used Lori's chatroom and blog to spread her blog. She is also a better writer than Lori. 

@fluffy from what I’ve seen, Lindsey occasionally has compassion for people. Lindy is a straight up bully like Lori. Is that true in the chat room or are their personas different in private?

27 minutes ago, Koala said:

That's what I was thinking.  I wonder if Lori gets a notification...

Either way, I bet she just about hit the roof when she saw that.  A sea of immodest pictures, just out of reach of her delete finger.  

Looks like it's still at 2.5 stars.  

*Disclaimer* I have not read or reviewed her book and don't plan to. 

I think she can get notifications if she wants to. I bet she signed up for them. . . 

I love that she can't delete the negative reviews, and the genuine, honest pictures of how she dresses.

@fluffy I didn’t realize she was that much younger than her husband. I’ve read her blog and I agree she is a better writer. I just don’t agree with her teachings- one of her posts was about the need to bring back shaming. 

@jerkit her blog is titled Lindsay’s logic. I’ve only ever accessed via her FB page. 

1 hour ago, Hisey said:
2 hours ago, Koala said:

When did the navy shirt pic go up on Amazon?  It says Sep., but I haven't noticed it before.  

It's been up there for a bit. Same with the pictures of the short, shorts in the lawn chair. The lawn chair pics were not added when the review was written, they were uploaded later but have been on there for awhile. 

Spoiler

I don't remember when I added the lawn chair pics but it has been quite awhile ago. Someone earlier this year asked if I could upload the blue shirt but I couldn't them uploaded (must be a 3 image limit) but someone else was able to do it :) If anyone needs the picture it is on my profile page here :D

2 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Lori's out will always be:  "Ken said I could! Ken likes it. I'm obeying my husband."  She's untouchable because she's Biiiibbbblical. By her logic a woman can do the shopping dressed like a south side pro on a busy Saturday night... it's all good if her husband told her it's OK. I mean, it's not like he asked her to rob a bank or anything.  Now if it was a single woman with a career, then she's clearly a Whore of Babylon. She's got no husband to instruct her! 

The defining factor?  Did you actively *choose* to put on those leggings with that plaid?  Or are you following orders like a good girl? 

Perhaps Ken is misguided and needs an older godly man to talk to him about what is proper for his woman to do. Pants and a lumberjack shirt can be confusing to the genders and a low cut blouse or tiny shorts are quite defrauding since we all know that men are without any self control. 

@ Jerkit, Quite surprisingly, Lindy is not on the chatroom. You're right that Lindsay can express some compassion, but she's very judgmental and writes things like women who have premarital sex can't be trusted or are bound for divorce. She's off the wall and her smarmy tone turns me off. I'll try to find her comments on premarital sex. Maybe they were on the public blog. I just remember being a bit shocked. 

Her blog is called Lindsay's-logic.blogspot.com. She's an incouragible scourge: "Partying, drinking, and hooking up make a woman a bad wife, and bad wives are also, by definition, bad mothers. The kinds of habits that cause a woman to be a good wife, to knit her heart with her husband's, and to put others before herself also help to ensure that her children will grow up in the stable, married home they need. Premarital sex undermines marital stability. A habit of selfish indulgence doesn't magically end when the wedding is over. The habits we make follow us for a lifetime."

What is Lindy's full name? I can look, I think. 

If it's Lindy Johnson, yes. She was in it but I can't tell if she left or was kicked out. 

Is this the same Lindy who posted elsewhere about being kicked out? Or do I have her confused with another broad? Lol. Wasn't there another devotee who posted that she was kicked out. Hold your horses: was it Jilly? Lindy/Jilly... who can keep them straight? 

Here is what Lindsay wrote about shame (from her public FB post):

It's time we re-implemented societal shaming. Without it, we have only two options - let people do whatever they want, no matter how stupid or destructive, or bring in government to regulate their lives. Societal shaming is a great, less invasive way to influence people's behavior without government laws which violate their rights. If only it weren't so politically incorrect.

People should be ashamed of bad behavior, especially when it is destructive to others or to society. They should be expected to live respectable lives of healthy choices and contribute to society or else face disapproval from their peers. We don't need government to make laws to regulate every facet of our existence if we will work as a society to elevate expectations and encourage people (rather than force them at government gunpoint) to behave as rational and decent beings.

A lot of the problems in our society could be largely solved if we hadn't limited ourselves to either a completely hands-off approach or making heavy-handed laws.

Too many women having children out of wedlock? It's terrible for the children and terrible for society. It leads to high school dropouts, gangs, drugs, crime, even more children born out of wedlock, abuse of women and children, and lots of emotional pain, among other things. The studies are clear that it is harmful.

But should be made it illegal? Should people have to get government permission to bear a child or be punished by government for having a child without being married? Of course not. People have an inalienable right to procreate as they choose and government does not have any more right to tell a person that they can't have a child than you or I do individually. Nor would that solution be feasible without the kind of draconian measures, heavy fines, and forced abortions you find in China, all of which violate human rights.

So, how do we solve this problem? Given the current taboo on shaming, we default to doing nothing while children are deprived of fathers and society goes to hell in an handbasket. Yet shaming worked for centuries as a very effective deterrent on out-of-wedlock childbearing without requiring government intervention. Maybe it's time we revisited it.

@fluffy Lindsay is in the chat room- she’s listed as a admin. Lindy is not in the chat room. Jilly is the one that was kicked out- she made an appearance on the undeleted page and I think said she realized reading lori’s stuff wasn’t helpful, but she’s presumably commenting on the blog posts. 

23 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

I think that Lindsay needs her own post. Looks like there's some good material!

I'm starting to dip my toes into the world of Lindsay's Logic. It would be hilarious if there ended up being a power struggle between Lindsay and Lori and then young Lindsay manages to take away Lori's followers.

• Blahblah locked this topic

Archived