IGNORED

Lori Alexander 35: Closing Windows Because of the Fires

I was an odd little girl. I played with dolls, but also with toy guns, water guns, and cars.  I'm not buying that her granddaughter turned that pillow into a "baby".

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m betting Lori turned it into a “baby” for her granddaughter(or, more likely, for the photo).

28 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I was an odd little girl. I played with dolls, but also with toy guns, water guns, and cars.  I'm not buying that her granddaughter turned that pillow into a "baby".

I also played guns and a ton of “Star Wars”, mostly because I had a brother who was one year older than me that loved Star Wars. He would occasionally consent to playing My Little Ponies.

By the time my younger sister was old enough to be interesting we liked playing “President” and “Advisor”. I was always the President, because I was older and bossy as hell.

Liar. That was not done by a child. Attention whore Lori was the artist behind that.

And stop blanketing! I have daughters. I can't recall ONE TIME they have turned a random object into a baby. OMG. Fitting her dumb agenda! 

My question is: As much time as those kids spend at Lori's house, why doesn't that child have a doll to play with there?  There would be no need to turn anything into a baby if she was allowed to bring a doll with her or if Grandma Lori allowed toys at the house. She has been very clear that she never played with her kids and that she does not keep toys at her house for the grandkids. 

My mom still keeps a toy closet for the great grandkids. It gives her a lot of joy to watch them play while they are at her house. She is still one of those grandmothers who will sit on the floor and play those annoying games like Trouble and Candyland. 

I wonder if Lori has ever sat and colored a picture with a child. 

Hell, I keep a few baby toys at my house on the off chance that a baby, any baby, preferably in the care of an adult I know, comes to my house. It’s so much easier to hand a kid something age appropriate for the hour or two they are visiting rather than to chase them around and keep them from the things they can’t have. I’m glad to sacrifice one foot of under the bed storage space for that. 

I can't believe this one! They think this is funny. They have ZERO respect for pastors. The pastor will be warned. Its Ken and Lori's job to go around warning pastors and then loudly disrupt their services. 

pastorwillbewarned.thumb.PNG.15559cfce493f5a583d1cc185834328e.PNG

29 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

Hell, I keep a few baby toys at my house on the off chance that a baby, any baby, preferably in the care of an adult I know, comes to my house. It’s so much easier to hand a kid something age appropriate for the hour or two they are visiting rather than to chase them around and keep them from the things they can’t have. I’m glad to sacrifice one foot of under the bed storage space for that. 

This is what my mom does too as we have several relatives with babies and toddlers in the family. She has some stuffed animals and toy trucks and cars stashed in a closet.

24 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I can't believe this one! They think this is funny. They have ZERO respect for pastors. The pastor will be warned. Its Ken and Lori's job to go around warning pastors and then loudly disrupt their services. 

It's funny how this Diana basically supports Lori, Ken, and their relatives do something shitty and disruptive in a church service.  I bet Diana would probably do stuff like that.  Lori and Ken should just a start a home church for them and Lori's sisters and brother-in-laws.

22 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Oh, don't worry about that, Ken dialed down the crazy today in the comments section (on FB)

Ken Alexander No... it was an amusing thought of what the early church must have been like. When a pastor might not get his theology right or need help in better defining what he is trying to say, I wonder if fellow, more mature believers, did not speak out God's truths by quoting scripture. Lori and I had a good laugh over it, how my brother in laws and I would tell the pastors if they ever started talking about how "broken" we are as Christians we would start calling out Bible verses to remind them who are are now in Christ Jesus :). We certainly need to be doing that with our fellow Believers who start wallowing in their past situation instead of believing what God has to say about them now, in Christ Jesus. After all, we are to walk by faith in God's Word, not by sight or how we feel about ourselves. And as we agree with God's reality it quickly becomes our new reality, because God is true.

Is it me, or has Ken been commenting all over Lori's blogs since he returned from the Caymans?  He wasn't BV (before vacation).

I wonder if Lori laid a heavy passive aggressive "you owe me big time" guilt trip on Kenny Boy for going off without her.

I suspect Ken vacay-ed alone because either Lori told he couldn't go and he did anyway or Alyssa invited them both but Lori plead " illness" and Ken said OK hon, stay home. I'm off the the Caribbean.

Lori’s post from today about how everything is women’s “fault” is 1) childish and 2) just pathetic. Why is she so sexist? I seriously just don’t get it

As for a child turning a pillow into a “baby”... totally possible! Not saying it’s true, but I was entirely baby crazy as a kid. I diapered my poor cat all the time. Some level of “mother” play I think is pretty natural and normal. Too much would be weird...

On December 9th Lori said:

The church leaders are allowed to run their churches however they want and it’s up to those attending whether they want to attend the church or not. 

and:

There is no perfect church since there are no perfect people.

Now she says:

The pastor will be warned beforehand that this will happen next time he tells us how broken we are. Ken and my brothers-in-law will immediately begin to shout out verses, like the ones I listed above, whenever the pastor speaks about our brokenness. I doubt the pastor would ever preach this again and they might just do it.

But they have to teach what Lori's family wants to be taught.  Lori says she loves the letter to the Romans. Well, that letter describes humans as broken, fallible, struggling in a fallen world. Our world is not perfect. Not even the church is perfect.  We still do what we wish we wouldn't do, and don't do what we wish would come naturally to us.  

Yes, Christ makes us whole, but we still live in these bodies that get sick (break!) we still have to face pain in life.

I wonder if Lori sees the "doctrine of human brokenness" as an excuse. 

4 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

This diaper looks too neatly put together to be done by a two year old....hmmmm, Lori? Just happened to find it on the bed?

@CelticGoddess

The quote I posted on the meme is from today's post, the very first line. I found the photo. 

What baby has Lori been around with a mouth so low that the pacifier would actually touch the diaper edge? And it looks a little off-center to be 'exactly where the mouth would be.' Not criticizing the kid, *if* a child actually did this, of course a 2 y/o isn't going to get things precisely right, but it seems Lori should learn a little more about infant anatomy before making statements like that.  

Really baffling to me that if a couple has premarital sex, it is the woman who is at fault for "giving" it to him. Isn't the man culpable at all? Same with working outside the home. Isn't the woman just following the man's orders to put the baby in daycare?

18 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

What baby has Lori been around with a mouth so low that the pacifier would actually touch the diaper edge? And it looks a little off-center to be 'exactly where the mouth would be.' Not criticizing the kid, *if* a child actually did this, of course a 2 y/o isn't going to get things precisely right, but it seems Lori should learn a little more about infant anatomy before making statements like that.  

My oldest made everything into a baby, too. She currently has no interest in guys, marriage or babies and she has no intention of staying at home with any kids she does have someday. It just isn't her personality. Kids change enormously between 2 and 17.

In contrast, I never, ever played with dolls (didn't know what to do with them, really), and was very active and tomboyish. I have loved being a SAHM and feel very grateful for the privilege. And I'd love it if someone brought some babies and toddlers over, and would be happy to let them mess up my house.

In other words, you cannot predict the future from a 2-year olds behavior. It's like reading tea leaves. It won't tell you anything.

5 hours ago, Joyce said:

@TeddyBonkers Lori said, "I stand corrected." It's a small mistake. But it's a start.

image.thumb.png.4f9e2508e16ac1cb5fe6765c39505225.png

What's the point here, anyway? (Besides the fact that Lori is too stupid to spell the word).

Is she trying to say that men didn't hate women until feminism came along, and that made'em hate women?

Or that men have never hated women (not once!), but that feminists invented this word in order to feel aggrieved?

Or that misogyny has always existed, but women didn't need a special word for it, because in the old days women didn't really mind being hated.  However, feminism made them uppity, they started minding and the word "misogyny" was invented?

It's kind of like my mom's feelings about sexual harassment. She said that sexual harassment had always existed -- she remembered being groped briefly by an uncle -- but it was considered no big deal, and that now everyone was making a fuss over it when it was really nothing. She told me this in the 70s, when only the tiniest fuss was being made in the first place, not like the (justifiable) public shaming that you read about now.

Of course, my mom lived in an abusive relationship for many years, with a true misogynist and batterer who said nothing to her, ever, that was not a scream or a curse. Because of people like Lori, it took decades for my mom to divorce him, and she was ashamed of her divorce even then.

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

The placement is appropriate for Lori, we all know she talks out of her ass.

I am absolutely stunned by the lack of respect they have for their pastor and church family.  

The absolute gall of "warning" the pastor that if he continues to preach things they disagree with, Ken will yell out and disrupt the service!  How is that Biblical at all, and as @onemama pointed out, how is it in line w/ her teaching last week???

I am just flabbergasted....I mean seriously, I can't even!  Who on earth do they think they are?

So I took a break from actually posting as I attempted to keep my life together as I completed graduate final stuff; however, in the meantime, she managed to post some truly vile stuff. The post about human rights? Pure evil, I felt sick reading it. I can't imagine was possessed (quite literally, what possessed her?) to write that post. Only Satan would encourage such apathy towards other humans. It was not of God. I'm sorry I don't intend to sit around while children are sex trafficked thank you very much.

And this latest post about sexual harassment and kicking men out of our culture. I refuse to click on it. In my line of work, I meet far too many women who have been victims of sexual assault (and men as well). And they do want control, they want control of their own lives, not others. They want to feel safe. It's not a war against men; it is a war against their sinful behavior. Of course, women dare not ask about where men are to be held accountable. Hear no evil, see no evil and let evil thrive. 

And K.B. Davies manages to completely misconstrue the statement, “the measure of any society is how it treats its women”.  How women are treated in societies tells us very much what our society values. It's not hard to understand and it does not attack men at all. You look at societies where women are treated poorly and chances are there are many other problems with rape and violence. And she takes Genesis 3:5 completely out of context. These "godly" women really need to get their scriptural act together. Or maybe its just my sinful female, feminist, seminary-going, future career womanness misinterpreting scripture. Of course, I've talked about her stuff with seminary guys and they're all horrified. 

And an amusing thought of what the early church might have been like? Ken, do you have anything to back this up? Titus 2, you know the one that you guys like to quote so much, is all about making sure Christian's have an upright appearance so that the Gospel looks attractive. It's about order and proprietary. Do you really think shouting at the pastor would be attractive to non-Christians? 

Sorry for the long post, I have a lot of feelings. I need some wine:wine:

On that note, this young adult who supposedly shouldn't be able to cook/bake because I'm a feminist and it's after the 1960's, just made some fantastic non-organic double chocolate muffins. 

A fair question. Then this guy must think he is so clever...I got her!

have you written.PNG

Its all women's fault. Its female celebrities fault for leaving their homes to become stars...

sexualharrassmentwomenfaultforleavinghome.PNG

So I took a break from actually posting as I attempted to keep my life together as I completed graduate final stuff; however, in the meantime, she managed to post some truly vile stuff. The post about human rights? Pure evil, I felt sick reading it. I can't imagine was possessed (quite literally, what possessed her?) to write that post. Only Satan would encourage such apathy towards other humans. It was not of God. I'm sorry I don't intend to sit around while children are sex trafficked thank you very much.
And this latest post about sexual harassment and kicking men out of our culture. I refuse to click on it. In my line of work, I meet far too many women who have been victims of sexual assault (and men as well). And they do want control, they want control of their own lives, not others. They want to feel safe. It's not a war against men; it is a war against their sinful behavior. Of course, women dare not ask about where men are to be held accountable. Hear no evil, see no evil and let evil thrive. 
And K.B. Davies manages to completely misconstrue the statement, “the measure of any society is how it treats its women”.  How women are treated in societies tells us very much what our society values. It's not hard to understand and it does not attack men at all. You look at societies where women are treated poorly and chances are there are many other problems with rape and violence. And she takes Genesis 3:5 completely out of context. These "godly" women really need to get their scriptural act together. Or maybe its just my sinful female, feminist, seminary-going, future career womanness misinterpreting scripture. Of course, I've talked about her stuff with seminary guys and they're all horrified. 
And an amusing thought of what the early church might have been like? Ken, do you have anything to back this up? Titus 2, you know the one that you guys like to quote so much, is all about making sure Christian's have an upright appearance so that the Gospel looks attractive. It's about order and proprietary. Do you really think shouting at the pastor would be attractive to non-Christians? 
Sorry for the long post, I have a lot of feelings. I need some winewine.png
On that note, this young adult who supposedly shouldn't be able to cook/bake because I'm a feminist and it's after the 1960's, just made some fantastic non-organic double chocolate muffins. 

I just finished a batch of Christmas spritz cookies in spite of being a horrible childless working feminist.

And horror of horrors, I asked Mr 05 to help decorate them. He not only did it, he had fun.

We’re doomed.

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

A fair question. Then this guy must think he is so clever...I got her!

have you written.PNG

Its all women's fault. Its female celebrities fault for leaving their homes to become stars...

sexualharrassmentwomenfaultforleavinghome.PNG

I'm not surprised they are blaming women. If they were to address the incidents involving Matt Lauer and female staffers at NBC- it would be the same thing of women leaving home to have careers. Outside of the workplace, people can be victimized at other places. There have been cases of pastors sexually harassing or assaulting women at their churches or homes. There have been incidents of rapists breaking into homes and assaulting women.  If Lori continues with this war on men bullshit or victim blaming on her blog and social media, she and Ken deserve any personal or professional backlash.

Just after I moved to Montreal (circa 2002-2003) there was a serial rapist of elderly nuns. He broke into convents to rape them.

I guess Lori would think those ladies were at fault somehow.

20 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Just after I moved to Montreal (circa 2002-2003) there was a serial rapist of elderly nuns. He broke into convents to rape them.

I guess Lori would think those ladies were at fault somehow.

Well, it depends. Did they wear modest habits, or ones that would cause men to stumble?

2 hours ago, Koala said:

I am absolutely stunned by the lack of respect they have for their pastor and church family.  

The absolute gall of "warning" the pastor that if he continues to preach things they disagree with, Ken will yell out and disrupt the service!  How is that Biblical at all, and as @onemama pointed out, how is it in line w/ her teaching last week???

I am just flabbergasted....I mean seriously, I can't even!  Who on earth do they think they are?

They talk about warning the pastor, as though that makes it OK. Well, he was warned, so. . . 

Frankly, if they warned the pastor they were going to engage in disruptive behavior, the pastor would probably tell them they were not welcome in the sanctuary. . . 

In any event, Ken does not have the courage to do this. What would it do to his business? Lori admits it was more of a joke.

Most churches have security these days, and would likely quickly have disrupters leave the sanctuary.

Loriken are such arrogant pricks. If their bastardization of Christianity was all I had to go by, I would never choose to be Christian.

There is nothing as dangerous as a self-righteous mind that is nailed shut.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived