IGNORED

Lori Alexander 35: Closing Windows Because of the Fires

I have taken some ballet classes recently. They are very hard! Ballet truly requires a great deal of strength and athleticism. This made me think about Alyssa and Lori.

I'll bet Alyssa has a hard time being around her mom. They are so different and have different world views. For example. . . 

Lori seems to refuse to believe that Alyssa is involved in a real "career." I think she considers it a hobby she is engaging in till the babies come. Lori herself was an indifferent teacher and a cruel and indifferent mother. In contrast, Alyssa seems to love dance and take it very seriously indeed.

Alyssa is athletic--in fact, for a woman nearing middle age, she is amazingly fit and limber. In contrast, Lori takes walks in the park every night.

If the pictures are to be believed, Alyssa has a handsome, fit husband she seems to love very much. Lori has an unattractive husband she barely tolerates.

Alyssa seems to have a busy, full life full of friends and activities she loves. Lori sits at home staring at the computer. She admits she hasn't many friends.

Alyssa left home at 18 and moved across the country to pursue a career her parents didn't entirely approve of. Lori did what her daddy told her to at 18, even though she claims she didn't want to.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was something my pastor said recently that got under both our skins...so, later, we sat with our pastor and explained to him that what he said was not exactly right, helpful, kind or true. Once he understood what we were saying and why we were upset, he PUBLICLY, the next Sunday, essentially retracted his statement, and stated he spoke from ignorance of a certain issue (chronic pain). THAT is how you go about "confronting" a Pastor. 

Now...about brokenness...in the bible it states over and over that as humans, we ARE broken, we are battered, we are sinful. Yes, Jesus forgives us all our sin, but as long as we are on earth, we will be broken, battered, beaten and bloody...Ken and Lori are like the Pharisees...me? I'm the tax collector who cast his eyes down and just said "Lord have mercy on me, a sinner"

The misogyny talk made me think of an encounter many many years ago with DH’s creepy uncle (he was not an immediate uncle so fortunately I only ran into him once). We had been married for about nine months and we were at a cookout at his dad’s house. Creepy uncle (it was my first time meeting him) comes up to me and loudly (in front of several people) asks “so how's your sex life going? Is it good?” 

I could have died. I’m not easily rattled but oh my that was over the top. DH’s dad addressed it but creepy uncle thought his behavior was perfectly appropriate and thought I was making an ordeal out of nothing. 

@Sarah92 congrats on the finish of your semester!! 

I have a creepy-hilarious story about "turning things into baby dolls" that I wish I could tell but it'd dox me, I was a WEIRD little kid.

13 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

This diaper looks too neatly put together to be done by a two year old....hmmmm, Lori? Just happened to find it on the bed?

@CelticGoddess

The quote I posted on the meme is from today's post, the very first line. I found the photo. 

My first thought was why does this 2 year old (who appears very dexterous) not have a baby doll to put a diaper and binky on?  She is reduced to using some old hand warmer that seemingly has a hole in it?   If that handwarmer is like the ones I have, having a hole would make it very unsafe for a 2-year-old to be playing with.

I had a couple baby dolls when I was pretty young.  By the time I was  between 5-7 I much preferred stuffed animals.  I was (am) not a very girly girl though.

15 hours ago, YourMamaKnew said:

Is she paying for followers? Every time I look at her page, more followers. I think she gained 7k in like a month....

someone said they saw a fb ad for her page, so she is paying to boost her page.  She could also be paying for followers on top of that.

14 hours ago, jerkit said:

BTW can anybody tell me how to get my picture behind the spoiler on mobile? I put the spoiler in the post and then the picture is below it. 

put your picture in the post, click on it so it's highlighted, click the spoiler button.  You can also click the spoiler button, click INSIDE the spoiler area and insert the photo there.

Her response to this....wow, so in response to women who have been sexually harassed her message is "you aren't broken" if you are Christian of course.  I don't think this is the answer the woman was looking for.

have you written.PNG

Lori has been beating that drum for awhile: that because Christians are "new creatures in Christ" the sins committed against them just don't exist anymore. I think it's her way of victim blaming - you were sexually assaulted because you're a sinner, but now Jesus made those things all better. 

They are extremely dismissive of abuse victims.  The overall message is,"Jesus made it all okay, and if you are allowing it to drag you down, it's your own fault."

This would probably be a good time for someone to post exactly what Ken Alexander said on the matter.  The gist: It's only a problem because people in the US think of it as a problem...  If a victim processes their abuse correctly, they'll realize that what happened to them was normal, and they'll be just fine. <-----THAT is why Ken is every.bit as bad as Lori.  He is not the better of the two- he's just *usually* more careful about how he comes across.   The above?  THAT is who he really is.  

I honestly think he's more dangerous that she is, because at least you see her coming...you know what she's all about.  Ken is more sly, and you don't realize how vile he is until he up and says something like that, or prattles on about pinning your wife to the wall.

@Hisey - Do you still have his exact quote?

17 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Oh, don't worry about that, Ken dialed down the crazy today in the comments section (on FB)

I wonder if someone from their church noticed the comment, and pointed it out to other church members? He may be trying to save their reputation there (if so, he's still doing a bad job).  Though I think that Ken is more likely to just delete it and pretend it never existed, Lori probably wanted to keep it up to show that no one can push her around.

Today Alyssa mentioned that she's been struggling for twenty years with food and body image. Yea, you can't tell me Lori & Ken didn't contribute to that with their awful views on women's bodies, weight & food. I thought when Ken was here he badycally implied Alyssa was cured from all that. I noticed Lori didn't comment anything encouraging or loving on her status either. 

We are commanded to work with our hands (1 Thessalonians 4:11). Almost all of our work in the home is with our hands as wives and mothers. Are your hands producing good fruit? Do they work diligently in your home to provide good food and a clean home for your family? Do you keep your hands busy doing profitable things that benefit others? This is what we are called to do.

Like typing blog posts and pushing the delete button. 

22 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

I wonder if someone from their church noticed the comment, and pointed it out to other church members? He may be trying to save their reputation there (if so, he's still doing a bad job).  Though I think that Ken is more likely to just delete it and pretend it never existed, Lori probably wanted to keep it up to show that no one can push her around.

That's exactly what I think.  

I don't believe for a second that it was a joke.  Lori was very specific that the pastor was going to be warned (I guess this was her idea of making it seem fair), and that she would keep the reader posted.  Those are not things you say about a joke.

I don't think Ken was ever really going to do it, but he was likely talking big in front of Lori, and she didn't have the sense to see that he'd never have the guts to follow through.  Image is important to Ken.  It's important to Lori too, but telling off the pastor / being too godly for church is just the kind of image Lori wants.  Ken, on the other hand, wants to appear "normal".  

Sometimes I wonder what kind of people Lori hangs out with. I'm fortunate that the people I live with and work with are great, so I 'm often grateful to them and to God. But if every day, I read Lori complain, her problems will seem bigger because those are her focus, and the people will avoid her. Maybe that's why only Ken stays with her.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

They are extremely dismissive of abuse victims.  The overall message is,"Jesus made it all okay, and if you are allowing it to drag you down, it's your own fault."

This would probably be a good time for someone to post exactly what Ken Alexander said on the matter.  The gist: It's only a problem because people in the US think of it as a problem...  If a victim processes their abuse correctly, they'll realize that what happened to them was normal, and they'll be just fine. <-----THAT is why Ken is every.bit as bad as Lori.  He is not the better of the two- he's just *usually* more careful about how he comes across.   The above?  THAT is who he really is.  

I honestly think he's more dangerous that she is, because at least you see her coming...you know what she's all about.  Ken is more sly, and you don't realize how vile he is until he up and says something like that, or prattles on about pinning your wife to the wall.

@Hisey - Do you still have his exact quote?

Sure, here it is

593581bedf528_KenAlexander2016-05-20at1_21_15PM.png.ca272624e0061caadeb3723a7e4adc0f.png

2 hours ago, Koala said:

That's exactly what I think.  

I don't believe for a second that it was a joke.  Lori was very specific that the pastor was going to be warned (I guess this was her idea of making it seem fair), and that she would keep the reader posted.  Those are not things you say about a joke.

I don't think Ken was ever really going to do it, but he was likely talking big in front of Lori, and she didn't have the sense to see that he'd never have the guts to follow through.  Image is important to Ken.  It's important to Lori too, but telling off the pastor / being too godly for church is just the kind of image Lori wants.  Ken, on the other hand, wants to appear "normal".  

It looks like Lori deleted Ken's FB comment in which he insisted it was all a joke. Her comment about the master plan (insert evil laugh here) remains on the blog. She seems to be saying it was NOT a joke and she intends to make sure Ken will disrupt the worship service. 

5 minutes ago, fluffy said:

Ken's comment is still on Facebook: 

5a3804fd7ef50_ScreenShot2017-12-18at12_10_42PM.png.9823da1dc92ec3aa278b9b68fa182982.png

Oddly, it's not showing up on my FB now. I just refreshed the page, and even clicked on the 'top comments (unfiltered)' option, but it's nowhere to be seen. Weird.

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

Sure, here it is

593581bedf528_KenAlexander2016-05-20at1_21_15PM.png.ca272624e0061caadeb3723a7e4adc0f.png

Ken, you are one sick Motherfucking, Cocksucking Piece of Shit.  Good god, no wonder Alyssa ran away from you and Lori as soon as she could.  The sickness in both of you is bottomless.  What you wrote above is a disgrace to to all of humanity.  Satan really has a hold on you.

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

Sure, here it is

Has anyone else noticed that Ken doesn't tell us how he answered his friends' question in that first paragraph? :?

Today's notebook doodle.....oh, for fuck sake, Lori. Now adults are supposed to tell children (sons, too, per her agreement in the comments), "no, you can't dream or strive for big things or have goals beyond the very narrow gender role that we have decided the Bible chose for you". 

I'm all for realistic dreams. I once had a student who was a junior in high school being recruited by absolutely no college and insisting that he was going to play basketball at Duke. Someone needed to speak some reality into his life. But no one needed to do that when he was four. And no one needed to tell him that he shouldn't love basketball because he should be focused on preparing to support a wife and family. 

What steaming nasty bullshit she spews. 

Ken is disgusting. I don’t even know what to say about his comment. He and Lori are both vile and sadistic and deserve one another. I’m not sure how he’s run a businessman all these years. He must be a pro at covering up who he really is.

And doesn’t that hag Lori have family in town? Shouldn’t she be busy with work other than posting and deleting? 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Today's notebook doodle.....oh, for fuck sake, Lori. Now adults are supposed to tell children (sons, too, per her agreement in the comments), "no, you can't dream or strive for big things or have goals beyond the very narrow gender role that we have decided the Bible chose for you". 

I'm all for realistic dreams. I once had a student who was a junior in high school being recruited by absolutely no college and insisting that he was going to play basketball at Duke. Someone needed to speak some reality into his life. But no one needed to do that when he was four. And no one needed to tell him that he shouldn't love basketball because he should be focused on preparing to support a wife and family. 

What steaming nasty bullshit she spews. 

Yea my parents did that to us. Even to my brother! He couldn't be a marine biologist. Or work up to running his own  tarkwomdo studio because "you have to be focused on preparing to be a provider to a wife and kids." 

When I read idiocy like that doodle from Lori, the leghumpers' comments, and stories of parents who squashed their children's dreams and aspirations I am so so so thankful that both my parents , especially my father, told us we could do and be anything we wanted if we worked hard.

My parents wanted us to use and develop our minds and our talents --- the talents and intelligence God gave us.  What an affront to God to throw away and waste the talents and dreams he gives all of us.  When parents do that they are saying they know more than, they know better than God does..  They are saying God gave you those gifts, but we're not going to let you use them. We have a better plan than God.

I don't think God is very pleased by that. 

Although I'm a dreadful. evil, un-Christian Catholic, I seem to vaguely remember a parable about burying your talents in the ground and not using it?  And this was bad?  Yeah maybe i imagined it -- not being Christian and all. [snerk]

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived