IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we want to be truly godly, we should limit ourselves to things we need, and forsake things we just "want".  As Lori says, godliness with contentment is great gain!  We should ask ourselves- Do we NEED this sign from Hobby Lobby to remind us to sing praises to the Lord, or do we just WANT it to make our brand new kitchen look pretty?  

Should I be content with getting our kitchen remodeled 5 years before my husband felt we should, or do I need to hit the Hobby Lobby for cheap crap to decorate with?  Should I tell my readers the "funny story" of how I sabotaged my kitchen counters to get my early remodel?  I don't recommend deceit, of course, but I did get my remodel! *snicker*  

:pb_rollseyes:

How about neckline- plunging blue shirts? We must all own one if we wish to emulate the non- teacher of men™️ right? 

If we can't limit ourselves to just deleting one comment a day what is wrong with us? 

On the note of ancestry, my family is strongly German. My great great grandparents were German immigrants. I believe they ended up changing their surname from Schimdt to Smith to sound more American, that was my grandma's maiden name. That's on my dad's side. My mom's side also had something very similar since she was also a Smith. I swear my parents weren't already related.  The rest is Irish and English with a small dab of Italian. 

If we can't limit ourselves to a flip phone(or better yet, an old fashioned, corded landline), something is wrong with us.  iPhones are mentioned nowhere in the Bible!

39 minutes ago, EowynW said:

All I know is that come from a few horse thieves and Daniel Boone's wife. 

So no spotless pedigree of housewives here. :D

Well, hey there, ancestral neighbor! :pb_smile:  Several of my ancestors lived in the same neck of the North Carolina woods with Daniel Boone and his family; a collateral ancestor even traveled with him during at least one of his treks to and from Kentucky. Their lives were so intertwined that I keep thinking at least ONE of my ancestors had to have married a Boone at some point, but no. They were all just good friends. :my_dodgy:  :pb_lol:

8 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Well, hey there, ancestral neighbor! :pb_smile:  Several of my ancestors lived in the same neck of the North Carolina woods with Daniel Boone and his family; a collateral ancestor even traveled with him during at least one of his treks to and from Kentucky. Their lives were so intertwined that I keep thinking at least ONE of my ancestors had to have married a Boone at some point, but no. They were all just good friends. :my_dodgy:  :pb_lol:

(& @EowynW) In comparison, I am darn right high falutin'! One side of my family comes from good ole' West Virginia (North end, very far from the Rods). Appalachian neighbors I reckin'

I think Daniel Boone seems to be related to just about everyone. There's talk of my family being related to his wife I believe. 

Also we just need to give up technology in general given the number of women who have been involved in its development. Who do they think they are solving big problems? So if you just have one laptop or phone you're a sinner and benefiting from women's rights.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/biztechmagazine.com/article/2012/05/mothers-technology-10-women-who-invented-and-innovated-tech%3famp

If we can't limit ourselves to two tortilla chips, something is wrong with us.

I found both the article Lori wrote about and her responses to be ridiculous. The woman who wrote the article didn't make it clear to her husband that the "gift" was his time in searching for the cleaning service, not the cleaning itself. She even says that the clean house would be the bonus. Then she becomes upset when he doesn't do it the way she liked. Did he know ahead of time that the search itself was the gift? Granted, it seems like he acted like an idiot but I think she did too. The article offered no resolution or helpful advice. She talked about damage control, defense, mind reading...It seemed to me that she and her husband do a poor job of communicating. I know my views on relationships are different than many but honest communication with a partner is universal.

Lori's oversimplification of the issue, just shut and clean, is equally unhelpful.

Yep! Boone cuz here too. The family shame was that Jemima was Squires’ daughter. She couldn’t have been conceived by Daniel because he was out killing bars and carving into tree trunks when it happened. 

1 minute ago, SuperNova said:

If we can't limit ourselves to two tortilla chips, something is wrong with us.

I found both the article Lori wrote about and her responses to be ridiculous. The woman who wrote the article didn't make it clear to her husband that the "gift" was his time in searching for the cleaning service, not the cleaning itself. She even says that the clean house would be the bonus. Then she becomes upset when he doesn't do it the way she liked. Did he know ahead of time that the search itself was the gift? Granted, it seems like he acted like an idiot but I think she did too. The article offered no resolution or helpful advice. She talked about damage control, defense, mind reading...It seemed to me that she and her husband do a poor job of communicating. I know my views on relationships are different than many but honest communication with a partner is universal.

Lori's oversimplification of the issue, just shut and clean, is equally unhelpful.

I didn't read the article but that's the sense I got from the quotes she used. Expecting people to read your mind when you haven't clearly communicated isn't really healthy. And I think a lot of couples need help with communication. But Lori took it to a whole other unhealthy extreme. Women aren't to expect anything, ask for help with anything, complain about anything.... Essentially be a non-entity. 

OK, which one of you has the coonskin cap??

ETA  Well, shit, it was Davy Crocket who had the coonskin cap.  Boone wore a felt hat which IMO is a better fashion statement.

11 minutes ago, Carol said:

Yah know coming from a hunting family, I'm sure if someone dug deep enough they'd find one. Also coming from a hunting family, I can officially say barbecue  raccoon tastes gross. I know y'all like sharing recipes but I don't recommend that one. 

13 minutes ago, Carol said:

I’m no relation to Boone or anyone non-Italian, but my uncle bought my cousin and me genuine coonskin caps when we were little kids in the ‘50s. (Was it Boone or Davy Crockett with the coonskin cap? Never could keep that straight. Both had Disney shows back then.)

Well, WVU's (West Virginia University) mascot is a man with a coonskin hat. Ancestors from WV, but no Daniel Boone that I know in my ancestry. Also from Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland area and descended from Quakers. 

Also I am really hoping she means just her and Ken for the 65-75 temp range because otherwise, 

Spoiler

whatanidiot.gif.de4f248eae9b06b9d8656133295c8da2.gif

Nice to see I have so many cousins and cousins by marriage here!  I'm descended from one of Daniel's brothers (Samuel, I think) on my mom's side of the family and may have some connection to the Crocketts on my dad's side.  (I think that John Sevier's wife and David Crockettt's wife were sisters or at least half-sisters.) I do know that the Seviers and Crocketts were neighbors in the Watauga settlement in what is now northeastern Tennessee.

ETA: Turns out that I have Quaker ancestry on both sides of the family.  No wonder I lean towards pacifism!

7 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Expecting people to read your mind when you haven't clearly communicated isn't really healthy.

Women aren't to expect anything, ask for help with anything, complain about anything....

I have one word to say.

POTATOES!!

14 hours ago, Loveday said:

Are your ancestors from the Alsace-Lorraine region? Or the Palatinate? If so, we are almost certainly related somewhere along the line! :pb_smile:

I've got family from around there, ish? Neunkirchen.

Spoiler

(Actually a little village just north of it.)

Also I'm apparently related to not one, but THREE axe murderers- they were all siblings, though.

@jerkit My bad, it was in the chat room. I often mix up the content in Lori's two blogs (Always Learning and Transformed Wife), Instagram page, Facebook page, Facebook chat room, and YouTube channel.

Does Lori have other accounts that we don't know yet? I think she has 172 Twitter followers and a Google+ account. Does she have Pinterest or Snapchat?

Lori says:

If you are waiting for your husband to love you like Christ loves the Church, you will wait forever because your husband will never be perfect.  Free him from these expectations...

Wha???  What happened to God's commands not being burdensome?  What happened to being able to obey God because you have the Holy Spirit working "mightily in you"?  Can a woman "free" her husband from expectations God has placed upon him?

Should a husband free his wife from the expectation that she submit and obey him??

Male Reader:

Wrong. The husband is commanded to love his wife as Christ loved the church - Christ does not command the impossible. Therefore, yes, a husband can and is commanded to love his wife, as Christ loved the church. You wives to to support and encourage your husband on this journey.

Lori is literally dismissing the Bible in favor of her own version of husband worship.  Wow...

One-way Lori strikes again! Men can't possibly behave the way the bible commands them to, but women had better have perfect compliance. GTFOH. She really hates women.

I honestly don't get her appeal to the fangirls. Lori's Gilead-like philosophy is devoid of joy, happiness, love, and goodness. It's a depressing bunch of oppressive crap and in no way reflects the gospel or teachings and life of Jesus. Why do people accept hurtful spiritual garbage from false teachers like Lori and Gwen Shamblin, who get off on power and control? Makes me sick.

She is literally encouraging women to "free" their husbands of Biblical expectations, while encouraging husbands to "discipline" wives who aren't submissive (see the old Always Learning blog).  She has gotten so far away from the Bible, it's not even funny.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived